Phrase 33

Song Of Love

 

You were in your practice room with your best friend, Ami. She tested your music ability by press the piano tuts and let you to guess the notes that she pressed.

“This?”

“Si”

“This?”

“Re”

“This?”

“Fa minor”

“Wow, you are great! You guess it right! You didn’t cheating, right?”

“No. Of course not!” You were giggling, happy you guess it right”

Ami turned her body so now she was facing you, “Sooo, are you already tell your mother that you met with your father yet?”

“Ng……” You hesitate to answer her.

“Better if you tell her, right? Now, your mother feeling is better than before, right? Than you met with your father sneakily and felt guilty to her”

“A…”

You thought Ami was right about that. You've met with your father many times already. You talked many things with Rin, ate with your father, and singing with your father piano and you still haven’t told your mother about that. You didn’t know how to tell her.

 

You walked at the hallway alone. Ami already went back to her class. Then you heard someone calling your name. You turned your head and saw the principal was smiling at you.

“You already met with him? Eum?” The principal asked you.

“Ah! I’m sorry to trouble you about that”

“It’s okay. I’m happy about that actually” The principal chuckled then continue, “Since long time ago I’m confused if your father is stupid or what. He only can playing piano and outside that, he only a crummy man. Then I heard that he worked with Sandeul, because of that I become curious about him”

“Eh? You know Sandeul?”

“Of couse. They both really famous among the musician. Your father have his special charm that could be make Sandeul feeling suitable with him”

You thinking about what the principal said and smiled widely, “My mom before really like him too!”

“Ah, yes. Your mother is a woman that full of love. What a pity”

“Eh? You know my mother too?”

“No, but when I met you, I knew that you grow up until now because of the influence people around you that take care of you” The principal smiled and you blushed, “So, are you get invited to go abroad with him?”

You startled after you hear that. Where did the principal know about that?

“Eh? That?...” You stuttered answering him

“Just think about it slowly. Choose what you want to do”

You smiled at him. What he said was same with Rin’s, “Yes!”

 

***

 

You entered your room and put your bag beside your desk. You glanced at your table and there was a letter on it. You opened the envelope and there was a letter and a book. You read the letter and saw the writing was not your mom’s. Then you read the letter to figure where the letter come from.

Dear you,

This is your stuff that you left in my house yesterday.

P.S. Forget all what I said before

 

You gulped and thinking what words that she mean. Then you remembered about Rijin want you replace Baekhyun to punish her. You sighed and reached your phone and decide to call her.

You called her house number, because you didn’t have her phone number. There was someone that answering it but it was not her. It was the housekeeper. You told the housekeeper your name and said that you wanted to talk to Rijin. Then the housekeeper asked you to wait and gave the phone to Rijin. After a while you heard Rijin’s voice on the phone.

“Hello?”

“Ah, sorry to disturb you. It’s me. Thank you for sending my stuff to my dorm” You said to Rijin.

“You called just to say that?”

“Ah, no… Ng…” You hesitated but you decide to spill it. “I think you are an important person, special, for Baekhyun sunbae. He feel comfortable with you like a best friend. He said that before” You silent a while. You knew that Rijin always special for Baekhyun, a precious person for him. Baekhyun must be didn’t want to punish her.

“Is he say that he would forgive me after I steal his song?”

You stuttered but you tried to stabilize your voice to reassure Rijin. “Ah, about that… Baekhyun sunbae never said that. But, if you still blame yourself, he must be feeling sad about that”

You thought that Baekhyun already forget about that problem. But maybe it was not because of that. Baekhyun maybe blame himself and think that all was his fault. Because, every time he talked about Rijin, he always had a sad face.

“Me too. I think like that too” Rijin said and continue, “I think we are really similar. That’s why we can understand him better than others. But, I want you never mending with our problem again. Just forget it. Sorry if you think that I’m a bit harsh to you that didn’t know anything and didn’t have any business with our problem. Sorry”

After that Rijin hung up the phone. She sighed and Shin sonsaeng entered her room and asked her, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m just thinking that I should quickly disappear from here”

“Rijin ah?”

“I feel more disgusted with myself”

 

You stared at your phone. Rijin disconnected the call first. You busily thinking what Rijin said before. That was mean “You only an outsider, so, stay out”. You smirk then giggling. Thinking about something ridiculous. But then the door behind you suddenly opened and someone fall on you.

“Kyaaaaaaa” You scream because of the suddenness and realized that was Baekhyun who befall on you. He was unconscious.

“Ah! Sorry!!!” You heard Jongdae’s voice apologizing to you and you couldn’t answer him.

Then Baekhyun lifted off from you, Chanyeol was lifting him and moved him to the sofa.

“Sorry found him in the school’s practice room. He is too enthusiastic and become like this. Working too hard and forget to take care of his body. Seems like he didn’t sleep at all” Chanyeol said.

Jongdae helped you to stand up and muttered, “It is his fault. Include now, that was the fifth song that become his responsibility” Jongdae chuckled excitedly, “This must be a revenge from that old teacher”

You only silent heard all Chanyeol and Jongdae words. You looked at Baekhyun that sleep soundly at the sofa.

“So, now is up to you what to do to Baekhyun. Come on Jongdae!”

Chanyeol pulled Jongdae and walked out from your and Baekhyun room. Then the door closed. You turned your body and now you looked at sleeping Baekhyun. You smiled. He was working hard and have kind side.

“Are you still able to play the piano in graduation concert?” You murmured and went to Baekhyun’s room. You took the blanket from Baekhyun’s bed and went back to the sofa. You spread the blanket over Baekhyun’s body so he wouldn’t get sick. You squat down and looked at Baekhyun’s face.

You smiled at his sleeping figure. If he was like this, you couldn’t asked him to play piano for you for the level up test later. You didn’t want to make him more tired and felt responsible. Even if you asked him, he would do that for you.

You stand up. Feeling sassy that you thinking about that. Your felt hot from your face. Even if Baekhyun was ignorant and rude, he always helped you. Even if he was sadist, but he is kind.

You sat beside the sofa and looked at Baekhyun’s face again.

You conclude, because of this, Rijin could become close with Baekhyun that had this complicated personality and could understand with each other, because Rijin was a person like that too. Besides that, if what the principal said before to you was right, about the person’s characters was built because the influence of people around him. If that was right, that was mean Rijin was the person that built Baekhyun so that he become this great now.

You couldn’t let them ignored each other like this. You want to fix the situation. But you already being kicked out from this problem by Rijin just now. What should you do?

 

***

 

What should you do?

“I don’t know why, but she is too fierce today” Said your father’s coworker.

You were singing with your father’s piano. You sang but your mind didn’t in to the song that you sang. You thought about what you should do about Rijin and Baekhyun’s matter.

Sandeul sighed seeing you like that, “But actually it is good for her. If she in that fierce mode, she can singing aloud”

You knew that Rijin and Baekhyun’s heart ache was still lingering them, but they pretended they didn’t know about it and said, “Ah, yeah” or “Just leave it”. If they didn’t resolve it, it would become their burden during their lives.

While you thinking as you singing with your father’s piano, suddenly you heard your father stopped playing the piano. You stopped singing and looked at him with apologetic face.

“Enough for today” Your father said.

You felt embarrassed and apologetic toward your father, “Ah! I’m sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!”

Your father chuckled lightly, “It’s okay. You already sing a lot today!”

“Aaah. Still I’m feeling really sorry. You gave your precious time for me, but I’m ruin it”

You continued apologizing to your father and your father didn’t know what he must do. Sandeul who saw all the event sighing and stand up from his seat. He took his coat and looked at you and your father.

“Hey, let’s go out for a while. You too!” Sandeul said.

“Eh?”

 

***

 

You walked beside your father. Sandel walked in front of you as he led the way. He bring you to a restaurant in a five stars hotel. You looked around as you walk on the hotel’s hallway toward the restaurant. Feeling amazed.

“Today we will eat together in this hotel. I’m close with the owner and he gave me a voucher. So that I bring you here” Your father said.

Sandeul sighed, “Haaa. Better if we go to the bar”

“No!!!”

You smiled awkwardly seeing your father and Sandeul conversed with each other. Now your father become more care to you and you couldn’t not feeling happy because of that.

 

***

 

“Haa?? There are Jung Jinyoung and Sandeul?!!!”

Baekbeom stopped working on his laptop and looked at his staff that suddenly screaming and asked her, “Who?”

Baekbeom saw his staff jittery because of the excitement, “Kyunghoon send me a pohoto and there are Jinyoung and Sandeul! I really like them!”

Baekbeom a little annoyed asked her for her phone to look at the photo. He saw the photo and felt a little shocked to saw your face between the two famous musicians. “Hey, it’s you, right?”

“Aaaah! I heard it’s really hard to get their concert ticket! They didn’t release an album and rarely doing a concert! I heard, they will hold a farewell concert because they will go overseas and hiatus for a while”

Baekbeom thinking a while and murmured, “Jung Jinyoung? Feels like I heard it before…”

After that, he asked the staff to do her work again and stopped fangirling. Baekbeom leaned at his chair and asked Ra Eum, “So, Jung Jinyoung is her birth father, right?”

Ra Eum turned her head and looked at Baekbeom, “Yes. He is a jazz pianist”

“Ah, I see. I see. Someone captured him with her”

“Eh? As far as I know, she never met with her father after her parents’ divorce”

Baekbeom chukled, “Maybe because they are in the same field? Music world~ so that they can meet with each other. Or, maybe she was being kicked out from her house? So that she asked help from her father~”

Ra Eum sighed looked at Baekbeom’s childish statement, “Baekbeom, it’s not a joke”

“Ha. You are not fun! Or maybe because she feel too happy so she don’t feel any pressure?”

“Ah, I don’t know. But, one thing that I worried about her now is…. “

 

***

 

You sat beside your father and Sandeul sat across your father. You waited for your food and remembered about what happened before.

“Ah, appa. I’m sorry for before”

“Hm?” Your father glanced at you.

“I know you are busy. But still, I wasted your time for me that didn’t sing well so I sang loudly before”

“Ah, it’s okay. The song actually must be sing loudly anyway. But it seems like you have faced many problem right now?”

“And I didn’t think that before was bad” Sandeul cut your father

“He?” You turned your focus to Sandeul.

“But, you can’t sing with unfocused mind like before”

You gulped and awed at Sandeul.

“Rin once said that she worried with your personality that hardly give up and struggling for what you want, doesn’t matter with who that against you. I like it” Your father smiled at you.

You blushed and smiled a little, “Ah, it is because in my school I have a really great senior. But, after I know him, he always make fun of me. Then, people around him are a great people too. Close to a danger if I say” You sipped your drink

“Eh? Danger?”

“Well, well”

You startled after heard that voice that always make you scared. You lift up your head and saw Junmyeon already standing in front of you.

“What a coincidence we can meet in this place”

And he is one of the many people you say dangerous. Your face turned pale when you saw him smile at you. You couldn’t say anything and made your father confused because of that.

“Eh? Who is he?”

“Ah, I’m sorry for disturbing you. I’m Junmyeon. Your daughter help me a lot back then” Junmyeon greet your father and you didn’t give any reaction to it.

“Ah, what a polite man. I’m her father” Your father looked at you and asked, “Who is he?”

You stuttered and tried to avoid eye contact with Junmyeon, “Ah… He… He is the older brother of the person that I told you before….” You didn’t know what Junmyeon want from you now because he suddenly appeared in front of you.

You decided you must make Junmyeon stay away from your father. So you rose up from your seat and pushed Junmyeon outside the restaurant.

“Appa. I’ll be back!”

You successfully dragged Junmyeon out from the restaurant. Now you and him were in the hallway near the restaurant’s entrance. You tried to catch your breath and Junmyeon only looked at you amusedly.

“So, why you dragging me out? Seems like your father still curious about me?” You saw Junmyeon’s smirk as he teased you.

“Aaaaah! Enough! Don’t make me more confused and make my headache worse!” You said to Junmyeon with your desperate face.

“Ah, why?? I’m worried about you to be honest”

“Eh?” You looked up to Junmyeon

“Your mother have given her permission about you singing?”

“Ah, yes”

“Ah, what a relieved”

Junmyeon take your hand and he bring it closer to his lips, he wanted to kiss it.

“Gyaaaaa!!!” You screamed before his lips reached your hand and pulled your hand from his. You felt hot from your cheeks and you know you were blushing crazily.

“Your reaction always great!” Junmyeon chuckled and smiled at you, “That only a greeting from me. I bother to come here to just give my fiancé a gift”

“Who is your fiancé?!” You yelled at Junmyeon, deny what he claimed, but then you realized something from what he said, “Eh? A gift?”

“A gift of the true story of what really happened between the youngest and the woman that named Shin Rijin”


 

Last update before I'm going hiatus T.T

I wouldn't get any internet, phone, or laptop in one month. Wish after the camp I can update soon!

See you in December!