Phrase 7

Song Of Love

“Ah, he really passed out”

“He is the type of person who wouldn’t care about anything else when he has to concentrate on something. He could not eat 1-2 days. Please take care of him”

Chanyeol said that before to you. And now you are in the dorm’s basement, in the music practice room. When you out from your room, want to go to school, you find out Baekhyun isn’t there, then you checked him here. And here he is, laying on the floor with music sheet spread around him.

You approaching Baekhyun, “Sunbae, I bring you a breakfast, please wake up”

Baekhyun didn’t showed a sign to wake up. You stared at his sleeping face. “Even he is sleeping, he is not cute, still scary”

You now finally stay in music department and Sky dorm. Because of that you must take care the troublesome Baekhyun. But you will never forget all his treatment to you. You take a marker from your bag and grinning at Baekhyun. You want to make an art in Baekhyun face. When you make the marker closer to his face, suddenly his eyes opened. Your body suddenly got stiff. Shocked.

“How great your guts”

After Baekhyun said that, he snatch the marker from your hand. You are screaming and try to run but failed.

 

***

 

“Hmmph! What is that in your forehead?! What trouble that you make again?” Ami hold her laugh. You just sigh and try to clear the letter in your forehead. It written “바보” there.

“Don’t ask….” You can’t cleaned the letter. So you will cover it with a piece of bandage.

“Is that permanent?” Ami asked you again.

“Yes”

“Why?”

“I already said it, don’t ask!”

Your forehead finally has a bandage in it. Then suddenly Ami asked you, “Are you can do it?”

“Eh?” You looked up to Ami and see her drink her coffee.

“Suddenly transferred and entered Sky Dorm. I don’t know what the reason is, but I’m worried about you. You usually suddenly injured because you tripped something or fall on something.”

“Ami…” You feel your tears in your eyes as you hear that from Ami.

“Don’t cry, please” Ami give you her handkerchief and wipe your tears with that.

“I myself don’t know about that too. But I’ll struggling in here” You feel weird with your words. Whereas before you want to go out from Sky Dorm and go back to regular department as soon as possible.

You walk to school’s cafeteria with Ami. Then you meet Chanyeol on your way. He called your name.

“Seems like your concentration has been made. Fighting!”

You don’t understand with what Chanyeol said then you feel Ami grab your hand and pointed at the school’s announcement board and say, “Hey, look at that!” You follow her direction and got surprised to see what was written in it.

Music Department – Concentration Announcement

you - Vocal Art

You was assigned to be in Vocal Art Concentration, “He?! What?! Chanyeol sunbae! Why there’s a concentration?!”

“Ha? Of course, because it is music department” Chanyeol tell you with his relaxed tone

“No… No! Wait” You come closer to Chanyeol. Want to talk only with him because you don’t want Ami to hear you. “The department transfer is only a fake, right?! Even I must dying learned all about music in class. But I don’t know if there’s a concentration like this!”

Chanyeol then smile at you. Like it is not a big deal. “Are you don’t know about it yet? But it has been set”

“Impossible!”

“It’s useless if you complained at me. It’s the principal decision though”

After you hear it, you run to the principal’s room. Leave Chanyeol and Ami.

“She say ‘impossible’ before” Ami said.

“Eum. Why she said that?” Chanyeol asked Ami. But Ami only smirked at him and go away from him.

 

***

 

“The principal is away from the office since yesterday”

The principal secretary said that to you. You sigh and walk back to your class.

“You have seen the announcement board? Her concentration is vocal art”

“Oh? The girl that transferred from regular department? Is it okay?”

The students talked about you. You feel it’s not okay after all. You feel stressed about this matter. Then your phone vibrating in your pocket.

“Uh… Who is it...? In the situation like this… Hello?” You pick up the telephone.

“Hello? Why you didn’t go to the hospital before?!!” That is your mom that called you.

“He? Eomma?”

“Eomma got a call from your doctor. He said you didn’t come for your check up!”

“Ah… Yes…” You forget about that because of Baekhyun’s matter.

“Are you really all right? Live in the dorm is hard?”

“Ah! Nah! It’s not hard after all! What about you?” You lied a little to your mother. You don’t want to make her worried.

“Don’t worry. Lately Jae Kyung helps me a lot. Appa too. Since we moved here, he always coming home soon. And the neighbors are really kind. It’s good!”

You relieved to hear that, “It’s good then”

“Eum. That’s why, you think about yourself only then. Don’t worry”

Then talk end. You confused. Don’t know how to take care yourself after this concentration announcement.

 

***

 

You walked back to the dorm. When you reached your room, you see Baekhyun locking the door with his key. Then he turn his head to you, looked at you. Your hand automatically cover your forehead. Scared if Baekhyun will give you another letter to it.

“It is time for self-study. And there’s package from your family inside”

After say that, Baekhyun walk away from you. You asked him, “Ah, are you going to shut yourself in the basement again?”

“Eum. Yes”

 “Continue your work?”

“What we can do about it. I already accept it”

“Ah… Yes…” You feel stupid. Why you asked that. You know Baekhyun is doing that seriously.

“What?”

You gasped with Baekhyun sudden question. You stuttered. “Ah, no. Eung…. Can I go with you?”

“Hmmm” Baekhyun smile at you. Then without you realize it, his hands already on either sides of your head. His face leaned closer to you. “Ho… If I’m not here, you feel lonely, isn’t it?”

You push Baekhyun’s shoulder and shouted, “It is not like that!” Then you go in to your room. Run away from Baekhyun. Because of him, you always get trouble.

 

***

 

Baekhyun go down the stairs and he stopped. He heard students talked something about you.

“Announcement about her concentration already on the board!”

“All information about her always spread fast”

“She is being talked in my class too!”

“Because she is the center of all attention, right?”

Baekhyun continue his walk. He walked to hallway where the students gathered to talk about you, “Step aside. You get in the way” Baekhyun say that with his cold tone and scary gaze.

One of the student screamed and yelled at Baekhyun, “You don’t have any manner to your senior!”

“I want to pass the way” Baekhyun answered still with his cold tone

“Don’t change the subject!”

Then Baekhyun see Chanyeol behind the student that complained at him. The student go back to his room.

“Her concentration is already decided?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol

“Yes. She assigned to vocal art”

Baekhyun sigh, “For beginner, it’s hard, right?”

“I can’t doing anything about that. If you want to complain about it, just asked the principal then. He is the mastermind behind this”

Baekhyun then stop a while, he remember something. “Ah, talk about the principal. He said something weird before. He said the department transfer is for her sake. What is he actually planned?”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. Then he remember something about you. “Are you meet with you today?”

Baekhyun turned his head to see Chanyeol. “Yes”

“Is it anything strange with her attitude?”

“Ha? She is always strange, right?”

“No. It is not what I mean”

“Then?”

“When she saw the announcement, from her friend reaction, I feel something strange. I also think that concentration decision wasn’t determined carelessly. I become worried because of that”

Baekhyun keep silent after hear that. Then he walk away from Chanyeol. Acted like he didn’t care.

“Ah, Baekhyun! Please take care of her. She is your pair after all” Chanyeol shouted at Baekhyun and Baekhyun didn’t respond to it and just continue his walk.

 

***

 

You hear piano voice. Is it Baekhyun? No… It is your grandmother and you. A younger you.

“Sol”

“If this?”

“Fa and si”

You see a woman try to take something from the cabinet. A vinyl record.

“We banned playing Dad’s LPs, right?” the little girl asked the woman

“Nah. It’s okay. You like it too, right? You choose one of them too”

The cabinet is too high for her height. So when she is success take one of it, the other fall to the floor.

“Ah! Let’s clean up this mess together”

“No! I don’t want it. After all, Appa barely come home”

Then the view changed. You hear two people bickering over something. That were your mother and your father.

“One month?! Again?! Why?!!”

“Don’t talk too loud. Our children will wake up”

“I… I’m get married to you is not for make your mother happy! I don’t want always waiting you coming home”

There are two girls saw that fight. The oldest hug the younger and hear their mother crying. It is you and your sister. Then you see the view changed again.

“Eomma and appa can’t live together again. One of you will live with eomma and one another live with appa. Now who do you want to live with? With appa?”

“No! Don’t be apart! I promise I won’t sing again!”

You don’t want to see this anymore. Then the view going black.

 

***

 

You open your eyes. Your eyes teared up. You see Baekhyun and feel your head in pain. Then you see Baekhyun’s fist. Baekhyun wake you up with hitting your head. You wake from the sofa and you are sit on it now. You are still in your school’s uniform.

“He? What happened?” You asked Baekhyun and see the clock. It’s midnight already. “Ah, I've been home, then overslept” You put your hand in your forehead. You have a nightmare and feel pain on your head.

“Like a child, sleep before night” Baekhyun mocked you

You annoyed and yelled at Baekhyun. “Can’t you wake a person without hitting, huh?”

“Haaa? You mean with words? I prefer with the violence”

You decided you won’t overslept outside your room again. You don’t want Baekhyun wake you again. Then you see Baekhyun’s head looked at something. A ball of paper. Your concentration notice paper. You quickly take it before Baekhyun. Then Baekhyun take it from you by force. He opened the paper.

you, Concentration, Vocal Art” Baekhyun read it.

“Gyaaaa!!”

Baekhyun sigh, “I already said this. You lived in here on your own will.”

“Yes… But…”

“And it is natural there’s a thing like this in music department. A concentration”

“Yes! I understand that! And it’s no problem!”

“Hm… In that case, why do you sleep tearfully in a dark room? Ah, you are sulking because you want to seek my attention”

You annoyed to heard that and hit Baekhyun. “Step aside! You captious boy!! Stupid!!” then you walk away, go to your room. Before you entered your room, you hear Baekhyun say something.

“Satisfied enough? Because you are my toy, so I forgive you. If you want my attention, just say it”

You glared at Baekhyun then walk in to your room and slammed the door. You annoyed. You know it. And you will do it. Because you already decide to live here. If you must sing, if you being ordered to do that, you want it or not, you must do it.

 

***

 

“Ah, you, right? I already heard about you from the principal. So let’s start the practice”

You are now with your vocal teacher. The first day you will learned about vocal art.

“Ah. Ne!!”

“Don’t be nervous like that. Relaxed…”

“Ah? Ne!!” You still feel nervous though.

“You have experience of playing the piano?”

“No”

“If other instrument?”

“No…”

“Okay. Let’s try to hear your voice first. You remember our school’s hymn, right?”

Your teacher start to play the piano. The school’s hymn tone. You try to not to be nervous and try to sing. You already decided to struggle at music department. So you must do it.

you? Why?” Your teacher turned her body to look at you.

Your right hand hold your neck. You know you must singing now. But, it is always like this when you try to sing. You can’t let out your voice.


 

Yeah~ Here's the new chapter! I'm in holiday so i don't have anything to do. hahahahha 

Hope you like it~~

See ya ^^/