Phrase 1

Song Of Love

You are in your first grade of high school. You are 16 years old. Your friends give you “Unlucky Girl” as your nickname, but you more like to call yourself as “poor girl”. So that, in high school you decide will release that “poor” and “easily get tragedy” image. But…

“Ah! Five minutes remaining! I’m late!!!! I don’t want to be late again!!!!!!!!!!!”

You are late to come to school today. Today is the first day of autumn. You run crazily to school. You feel that the falling leaves of autumn are laughing to you now. You successfully landed at school. You still try to run to your class. You cut through the backyard of the school. Because of too panicked you don’t realize you have step something. Someone to be exact.

“Aw!!!” You hear someone screaming. You turn your head back and see someone winced because you step on him. And this is your first tragedy for today. Stepping on a boy and seems like he is your senior.

“AAH! I’m sorry! I didn’t intend to step at you!” You apologizing to him. But you know that it is useless because you have stepped at him. But you not give up to apologize to him “I’m sorry! Really really sorry” You see the boy palmed his head. He is sitting now. Then he turn his head to you. You see him smiling at you.

“No problem. I’m surprised too, but it was interesting experience”

You think that the boy is really kind. His smile really make your heart flutter. Your cheeks blushing, embarrassing to see a sweet smile from that handsome boy.

“Baekhyun!” You turned your head because you hear someone yell someone’s name. You think it is the boy’s name.

“Ck! We are looking you from yesterday, turned out you were here!” You see two another handsome boys come approaching you and Baekhyun.

“Yo, Chanyeol-ah~. We really destined to meet in here now, right?”

“Enough! Shut your mouth!”

You can only stare at the three boys that talking in front of you. Then Chanyeol realize that you are confused now. He is talking to you now

“Seems like he is disturbing you. I’m sorry” Chanyeol apologize to you. You think that you didn’t deserve to accept that apologize.

“Eh? No. It isn’t like that” Before you finished your word, Baekhyun stand up and walking away. But before he walk too far, he stop and say something to you.

“If there’s no disturber, we can be more familiar to each other. Too bad” Then he continue his walk. You surprised with what he say and can’t answer him.

“Hey, Baekhyun! Hhhh. I don’t have bad intention. But better if you not talk with him again” You hear Chanyeol give you advise then he following Baekhyun and walk away from you. The other boy that come with Chanyeol bow a little to you then he followed Chanyeol.

You don’t understand with what happened before. But you know that you are in problem now. You are now definitely late to come to class.

 

***

“So, because you’re late, you must cleaned this messy room? Hahahaha”

“Our prediction is never wrong! Hahahahah”

You hear your friends laughing at you. Now you are in science lab. You get a detention to clean the lab because you come late this morning. You feel annoyed with their laugh. Because they only laughing at you without helping you.

“What prediction do you mean?”

“About what disaster that will happened to you. Hahahaha”

“Noisy!!!” You collect the paper that scattered on the floor with annoyed feeling because your friends really ‘understand’ you. You know that their words not only to mock you, but you feel scared what if their words will be a routine that will be happened to you. You don’t want to be unlucky forever.

“Hey, is that ‘Baekhyun’ you mean maybe that Byun Baekhyun. Our senior from class 2-1?”

Your best friend, Kwon Ami, tell you something about Baekhyun. You wondered why she know him.

“Is he that popular? “ You ask Ami and your other friends. You are not socialized with other students because you are busy to take care your house matter and your misfortune events.  

“Of course he is popular! Ah, you are new in this school so you don’t know that. He is handsome, right?”

Handsome? You agree with that. But you think he would not popular with only his looks.

“Wild boy from music department”

“A slacker, changing girlfriend everyday”

“But he is great! He have win National Junior Music Contest. I hear he get offer from another school”

“Even he is wild, as long as still cool, he is ok! Boys from our music department are high level though”

“Ohh… I see”

Your friends describe Baekhyun one by one. You are a little surprised knowing that Baekhyun is from music department. Your school have three different department. The students divided by their ability. There are music, informatics, and general department. You are in general department. You which is an anti-social person, don’t know about other department. You don’t know that Baekhyun is that great. But do didn’t think that he is wild. You don’t care about his looks or his greatness, because your type is a boy that can doing house work and good at taking care of children, kind and sweet too.  

“By the way. What make you late today? I see that you’re really suffering” Ami asked you’re you make your hand around her neck from behind and start telling her your story.

“When I wake up, my twin brothers pooped and my mother accidentally dropped her ring in the wastafel. Because of that, everyone become panic. What a mess morning.”

“Because of event like that make hole in your gastric, right? Pity you…”

“My gastric is still not have a hole yet….”

Yes, you have gastritis. And your disease started when you first entered high school. That was when you realized that your live full of unlucky thing. When you heard doctor’s diagnose, you can only laugh. When you ride spinning cup in theme park, you struck down by a big body man. When school excursion, only your luggage that carried to another place, so you can’t change your clothes. Even, when you in this school entrance exam, you was sick because your mother’s bento. You feel your life like in hell. Now you try to reduce the stress you have because you don’t want your gastritis become worse.

“If your application for enter the dorm approved, that’ll be fun! In the end of this week, your family is moving out, right?”

Your friends try to cheer you up. You nodded slightly to answer them. You want to enter the dormitory as your first step to reduce your stress. Your mother second marriage, exam, and the birth of your twin brother make you doing all house work include raising your brothers. Replace your mother who grew up as a princess. From your doctor’s advice, he asked you to separate yourself from your family for a while. That’s why your parents decide to move out and let you enter this school dormitory. They doing that because they worried about your health condition. You understand that. But…

“Where should I use the energy that usually I used to change the baby’s diapers and give them milk everydaaay??!!!” You scream lightly because you not yet adapted by your new life.

“The doctor said you must rest and not doing anything, right?” Ami look at you with her worried face. You feel a little guilty because of that. But then your other friends change the topic.

“Ah! I hear that resident in the Sun Dorm now is really beautiful. I think maybe the Moon students will sneak out to there”

“Seems like dormitories live will be fun!”

You didn’t think that you will become dormitory students. During this time you do not care about the dormitory that has nothing to do with you. But now you're even became a dorm student also. Your school equipped with a dormitory for students who have difficulty to go to school. Whether it's because of a problem at home or the distance from home and the school is too far. Sun Dorm is for girls and Moon Dorm is for the boys. And there is one dorm again called Sky Dorm. It is a special dorm only for special students. The rumor say that dorm has a butler and a chef from France.

You wondered what kind of dormitory life will you get. If you think about that, you become confused. Maybe a beautiful life with beautiful senior and cute junior. But you only have one goal. That is have a beautiful dormitory life without a stress. You start imagining that in your mind but it stopped because you hear the school’s bell is ringing and your friends’ whining.

“Ah! Soon the class will begin!”

“If you late again, you can get another detention!”

You quickly tidy up your clothes and go out from the lab. You still not finish clean up the lab and ask your friends to help you later. But they rejected it because they didn’t want their clothes will become dirty. You feel that they’re really mean. You walk in front of them. You turned the corner and bump in to someone. That was a boy. He turned his body to look at you and you see that his arm is bleeding.

“Aaaah!” The boy screaming at you. You confused why he is screaming. Then he pointed something in your upper chest. You look down to see your chest and there is a blood in your clothes. Your face become pale. Why you really unlucky today?

 

***

“Hahahahaha! You really a girl full of tragedy! Hahahaha”

“Hey! Stop laughing at me! You meanie!”

Ami laughing at you. You feel sad that your friend have fun from your suffering. You change your uniform to sweat shirt.

“I didn’t think that you really that unlucky! Hahaha”

“Hey! Stop! Let’s go the class now!”

“Okay, okay”

You and Ami start walking to your class direction. You have same class with her. When you reached your class, your class chairman inform you that your class moved to audio visual room in music department building. You walk to there with Ami. And as you walk to the music department building, you feel that some of the student staring at you and Ami. They staring at you because they found that girls from regular department are attractive. You don’t care about that. Then you hear a piano sound in your ear.

“Really like music department signature. Music everywhere” you mumbled. And Ami just nodded. When you walk, you feel your left stomach aching. You think your gastritis relapse because you don’t have any breakfast this morning. You hold your stomach with your hand and try to make Ami not to worry about you.

“Hey? Are you okay?”

“Ah, I am okay” You said to Ami “You go to the class first, I remember that I must take care of something. Bye”

“Hey! Wait!!”

You run quickly to be far from Ami. You go to the school’s vending machine. You must eat or drink something now. You are in front of the vending machine now. You took your coins and put that in the machine. You thinking what you should get. A milk is good you think. But then you saw a coffee milk and you want it. But you can’t drink it because it will make your gastritis worsened. While you still confused with what you should choose, you feel your stomach aching again and you squat down with your hand in your stomach.

“Aaaah… Why it hurt like this…”

“Hey! Are you finished? Move if you already finished”

You hear someone’s voice behind you. You turn your head to see and it is Baekhyun. Baekhyun show his surprised face because he meet you again.

“Ah, it is you again. Why? Are you sick?”

You try to smile at him and say sorry because you took too long at the vending machine. But you can’t hold your aching stomach again and start screaming. Baekhyun go to you and hold your body.

“Hey? What’s wrong with you? Are you okay?” Baekhyun look at you confusedly then he carry you princess style. You gasped and ask him to let down you because other students start staring at you two. Then you remember something.

“Mi… Milk… Please give me my milk…”

“Let’s go to the infirmary first”

 

***

You drink your milk while you sit in infirmary’s bed. You skip your class. With Baekhyun. He is waiting you to drink your milk till it run out.

“Are you feeling better now?” Baekhyun asked you.

“Yes. Thank you. Sorry to make you skipped your class” You feel apologetic toward him because he skip his class for you.

“No problem. Don’t worry about that”

You staring at Baekhyun as you drink your milk. You see that Baekhyun isn’t that wild as the rumor say. But he really make you surprised because he sleep at the unthinkingable place. And you get a warning about not to talk again with him.

“I’m fine now. Better if sunbae go back to your class”

“Only 20 minutes remaining. I don’t think it is needed to come to class now”

“Ah… I’m really sorry about that. I’ll go to your class and explain what happened to the teacher”

“Hm… I think that’s not necessary. Don’t get that serious”

Baekhyun give you assuring smile. You think that he is a normal student. But then he asked your name and lift up your chin with his hand. Now you are facing him. You gasp and surprised.

“Eh? Sunbae?” You hear Baekhyun chuckled and say “This kind of face that I want to bother”

“W-What?” You stuttered. Then Baekhyun let off his hand from your face and leaned closer to you “With what happened this morning, you have owed me two. Now, in what way you will pay it?” Then Baekhyun suddenly kiss your neck. You can’t think anything, then you push Baekhyun and run. Go out from the infirmary. You slammed the door and run to nowhere as long as you stay away from him first.

Chanyeol hear a door have been slammed. Then he check the infirmary because he think someone that he search maybe is right there. He open the infirmary’s door and see Baekhyun sitting near the window. Baekhyun realized someone has come and turn his head to see Chanyeol.

“Yo, Chanyeol-ah~”

“Baekhyun… Just now you must doing a prankster again” Chanyeol massage his head. Feeling dizzy because his friend attitude.

No! I’m just giving her my greetings~”

“Ck! What kind of greeting you give that can make her slammed the door before, huh?”

“Ah, I’m not as bad as you think. You yourself, what are you doing here?”

“Because you disappear from class, the teacher asked me to find you”

“Aw! Sorry for troubling you”

“Baekhyun, I’m not asked you to be an honor student, but at least….” Then Baekhyun cut in Chanyeol’s talk

“Don’t worry. I won’t get a down grade. I’ll graduate smoothly. So, no problem, right?”

Chanyeol only sigh and leave Baekhyun after asked him to attend the next class.

 

***

You are in science lab now. You have your hand wrapped around your foot and your head at your knee. Then Ami called you and go in to the lab and see you.

“Hey, why you didn’t attend the class?! What’s wrong?”

“A… Ami… He is not wild…” You stop your talk and say ‘He is a monster’ on your mind.

“Hah?” Ami confused, not understand what you say. Then she come closer to you and see your neck.

“Hey, what is that? There is a red mark in your neck”

You gasp and flustered. You palmed your neck and blushing. You embarrassed as you remember Baekhyun have kissed your neck before. You wake up and run away from Ami. You don’t want to face Ami now. You are too angry and too embarrassed. You run to your school backyard. You sit as you taking your breath.

You think over about what have happened. You know that you are in fault because you have stepped on Baekhyun, but you don’t think he should still angry about that. Just because of that he treated you like this.

“I think, I really have been cursed. Aaaaah… My school badge is lost too. Really an awful day”

You think hard where you dropped your badge before. You traced back your way before and there’s no sign where your badge is. It is already dark now. Then you remember you haven’t checked the infirmary. You go back to the infirmary. On the way to the infirmary you passed one of the music practice room. You hear a piano sound. You stop your walk and wondered why there’s still a practice at this hour. Then you see there’s Baekhyun who played the piano. You hear carefully the song that Baekhyun played. You already hear it before in your music class. Then he change the song to The Beatles’s song. You think he is an impatient person because he change the song before finished the previous song. Then you hear he changed the song again. My Favorite Things. You feel goosebumps as you hear that song and start to sit in front of the door. You want to hear Baekhyun’s plays more. You enjoyed it.

“Ah, that girl. She’s first grade from regular department right?” Chanyeol asked Kai from a distance so you can’t hear it. He wants to go to Baekhyun but he stopped as he saw you in front of the practice door and decided to observe you.

“Are you curious about that girl?”

“Yes. Can you investigate about her, Kai? In detail”

“Okay, Chanyeol”

 

***

In next morning, you still can’t forget Baekhyun’s piano play. His skill sounded so proficient in your ear and you give up about your badge because you can’t find it in infirmary too. You think you won’t meet him anymore and assume that as a goodbye present for him. The probability to meet him is really small and whatever how unlucky you are, you are not likely to see him again.

“Hey, you have been called to the teacher’s office” You hear one of your classmate interrupted your self-narration. Then you go to the teacher’s office and asked him why you have been called. Then you surprised as your teacher told you about ridiculous thing for you.

“Ha? Transferred to another major?”

“Yes, here’s the documents” your teacher give you a paper that stating you are transferred your department to music department.

“This….”

“Don’t worry too much. Classes in music department are not that different with regular department. You can adapted well”

“It’s not about the problem I can adapt or not! I never say that I want to transfer to another major! It’s unbelievable! I don’t want it!” You are raging to your teacher now. You don’t care as other teachers start to see you.

“But in this document….” Your teacher try to show you proves about you transferred your department.

“Document?! I only submitted the dormitory request form. I never remembered I asked for transfer my major!”

“But… Just because… There’s the curriculum in music department. Better if you read it now” Your teacher try to calmed you down as you taking your breath. He can’t do anything about your transfer department problem. You only can sigh and go out from teacher office. You walk to go back to your class and meet Ami on your way.

“Hey! How? You already permitted to stay at the dorm?” Ami ask you and you answer her with trembling voice.

“Ami… I think I really have been cursed…”

“Hah?” Amin show her confused look then you continue your words

“Maybe… I must purify myself…”

“Excuse me. You are you from 1A class, right? Can you follow me?” You see Chanyeol called you and asked you to follow him. You can’t deny him and you follow him to the principal office. On the way you think why Chanyeol asked you to follow him to the principal office. And you have a bad feeling that you will meet Baekhyun there. Chanyeol open the principal’s office door and your feeling was right. You see Baekhyun there with the principal. You really have a bad luck.

you from regular department. Starting next week, you move to music department. It already decided like that. And about your request to entry the dorm, it already decided you are going to Sky Dormitory. Written here starting tomorrow you can start to enter the dorm”

“Wait… Sky Dormitory is a special dorm, right?” You can’t believe that you put into Sky Dormitory.

“Yes”

“Ng… I want in Sun Dormitory instead”

“Ah, there’s already full. You can’t put in there”

“If so, in Moon dormitory then! Everywhere is fine as long as not in that special dorm!” You feel it become dangerous now, because you don’t want to be treated as special in this school.

“Then, why I’ve been called there?” You hear Baekhyun asked the principal then you turned your head to see him.

“Ah. You are Byun Baekhyun, class two from music department. You are in Sky Dormitory too, right?”

“Off course!” Baekhyun answer it proudly.

“As you know. In Sky Dormitory, there’s a “pair system” rules. Senior student must be paired with junior student”

“But, I…” Baekhyun muttered can't deny the principal words.

“Yes. You are still alone, right?”

You feel something more awful will be happened to you now.

“You and you, you are paired”

Your feeling right again. You paired with Baekhyun. As the principal finished the talk, you and Baekhyun go out from the room and you still can’t believe what happened before. And you realized. Because you have stepped on Baekhyun yesterday, you failed to throw away your misfortune and the bad luck always come to you instead.


Yo~ Yo~ There's the annoying (?) author note. khekhekhe

it is the longest chapter i've been write for fic. 

I write it longer to pay back (?) my absence while I'm on my exam. 

feel free to comment so that I can improve my wiriting.

I hope you enjoyed it and please anticipate it!

See ya~ ^_~