Phrase 23

Song Of Love

 

Entering December, Christmas atmosphere at the end of the year already appear. Half of Sky Dorm students that were in 3rd grade already deciding the university they would enter. But they still enjoy the holiday. Luhan and Jongdae would went on vacation with their family. And Chanyeol, the ranked number one in the trial national examinations, deciding to study on holiday. And he thanked you because he didn’t have to watch over Baekhyun. Then, Jin Young, that already make up with Lee Raa, he looked younger now, as his live load has been lifted from his body.

And, there you were. In the most confusing state. You held a scenario paper. Scenario what would you say to your family when you went back home.

“Eo… Eomma… The truth is… I transferred from regular department to music department… Sorry I just tell you now…”

You practiced the line and felt frustrated because of that. You bend your body and ducked your head, so your head was between your arms.

“Aaaaah! Can I do it?!! Can I tell them?!!!!”

You yelled in frustration. In winter holiday, the transcript would be sent to the parents. And you panicked because your parent would know that you in music department, and you still haven’t told them that.

In the middle of your self-thinking, you felt your phone vibrated. You took that and slide the screen to answer the call.

“He…”

you!!!!!!!!!!! SOS!!!!! Junmyeon is already back!!!!!!!!!”

You heard Baekbeom’s yelled at you from the phone and you couldn’t not to make you surprised face. The oldest Baekhyun’s brother already came. The person that didn’t accept Baekhyun being in music.

“Ah? The oldest brother? It’s bad then…” You said that to Baekbeom.

“Yes! That’s why I told him to meet with you” You heard Baekbeom sing song when said that and it made you face stiffen.

“What?!!!”

Even till now I always struggled with anything, it was impossible for me to settle the Byun’s brothers problem that always doing something as they want.

 

***

 

“Baekhyun sunbae, are you will go to your home in the holiday?” I asked Baekhyun when I passed him that was reading something on the newspaper.

“No. it’s so noisy in home. And nothings important at the end of the year in home” Baekhyun answered without looking to you and still read the newspaper.

“Eh? Try to become closer with your brothers” You said that to Baekhyun. You heard rumors that said Baekhyun’s family was rich. It was strange for you.

“Brothers?” Baekhyun glanced at you with suspicious face. And you know that you were wrong to say that before. Baekhyun patted the seat beside him, a sign for you to sit at there. “Here. Sit in here”

You went closer to Baekhyun’s place and didn’t sit on the seat beside him. You kneeled in front of Baekhyun and ducked your head, avoid eye contact with him. You keep quiet and waited for Baekhyun’s reaction. Ready to get scolding from him.

You could sense Baekhyun staring at you. But then you feel Baekhyun’s hand on your head. “Don’t do anything useless” You startled because of that and then Baekhyun ruffled your head, make your hair in mess.

“I… I understand” You hold Baekhyun’s hand to stop him. “Please stop”.

You recalled the conversation between you and Baekbeom yesterday.

“Why I must meet with him?” You asked Baekbeom.

“Because, if Junmyeon hyung talk with Baekhyun, there will be a fight”

“It is better if you that talk with him, right? Baekbeom si know Baekhyun sunbae’s condition too”

“No. If I talk with Junmyeon hyung, my heart always get hurt”

“I don’t want too!!!” You yelled at Baekbeom and could heard him chuckling.

You already rejected Baekbeom’s request but you didn’t think it would be finished just like that. You decide to more careful with him.

You grab your jacket and wear it. You ready to go out.

“Where will you go?” Baekhyun asked you.

You nodded at Baekhyun. “Euum. I want to bake some cookies with my friends” then you exited the room after you waved at Baekhyun

 

***

 

You lied to Baekhyun. You didn’t go to your friend’s house to bake a cookie, instead you went to a music exhibition. You got the ticket from Ra Eum. She wanted you to hear song that Baekhyun’s made. He never let you to hear the song, so you didn’t have any options to hear that sneakily.

You went to one of the headphone that Baekhyun’s song were playing on it. You wear the headphone on to your ear and heard the song. It was a beautiful song with a calm note. It made your body happy when you heard it and made your heart calm, as if you didn’t have any problem in your life. You humming, enjoyed the song.

“Is it that good?”

You startled when you heard someone said that to you. You turned your head to see the person. He was handsome, with a finely chiseled face and a soft, but defined jaw line. His eyes were fathomless; two swirling dark pools that reached into the depths unknown, while his lips were lifted up into a perfect smile, showing a pair of cheekbones that further enhanced his already attractive face.

“Ah, sorry! Here” You gave the man the headphone, to let him heard the song. But then he lift his hand, a gesture that he didn’t want that.

“Ah, no”

You looked at his eyes and wandered. Why he was here but he didn’t want to hear the song. You saw he smiling at you and you felt a bad feeling. You quickly turned your heels, want to walk away from him.

“Thanks to the people who like music like that, it could be sold so well”

You paused and startled when you heard that from his mouth. You turned your head to look at him and felt annoyed.

“Don’t talk carelessly” You said that to the man with a little furious tone. “Be careful with your mouth, ajussi!”

The man silent for a while then he formed a smirk on his lips. He stand up and looked at you. “Let’s go”

“Ha?”

“Hyunwoo, bring her to the car” Said the man while he snapped his fingers, giving a sign to his assistant.

“Yes sir” The person that called ‘Hyunwoo’ appeared behind the man and he walked closer to you. “I’m Hyunwoo, Junmyeon’s secretary. Nice to meet you” He introduced himself to you. You could only caution at the moment. Felt startled and confused. Then you realized something from the name Hyunwoo mention before. Your face become pale.

“Eh? Eh? Ju… Junmyeon?”

So the oldest Baekhyun’s person was already appeared in front of you now.

 

***

 

“It suit you well, Ms. you

You walked out from the changing room. You were wearing a dress. A strapless blossom pink dress. And your hair was made up. And you in confused state, why you must like this. You walked closer to Hyunwoo. “Should I pay it?” You asked him.

Hyunwoo smiled at you and shook his head. “It is all on us. Don’t worry about it”

And you know it already late to back off.

 

***

 

You walked in a luxurious restaurant that Hyunwoo just lead you. Your eyes wandered around and you saw many high class people there. Then your eyes caught Junmyeon figure leaned in a wall. He was in his phone. And as he realized your presence, he stopped talking on his phone and walking toward you.

Junmyeon grab your hand and kissed it. “Hello there, my princess” You gulped when he done that to you and he leaned closer to your ears. “Don’t try doing stupid things like sneak out from here” He whispered to you.

And you know you can run from here. You felt Junmyeon’s hand around your shoulder and feel scared. You think he had some grudge to you but you didn’t doing anything to him before. So why he must doing this to you now.

Junmyeon led you on to one of the room, an exclusive table room. You sat on the one of the seats and Junmyeon sat on the seat across you. You sat face to face with him. You ducked you head, didn’t want to meet with his eyes. Your first impression on him must be bad, because you talked harshly to him before.

You felt Junmyeon stared at you, and you dare yourself to look at him and talked to him.

“What do you want?” You asked.

Junmyeon flashed a smile on you. “So it is you that can make the youngest interested?”

“Interested?” You think the youngest he mean was Baekhyun.

“I heard, since a long time ago, he known as a genius. But for me, he only a troublesome brat. Skipping class. Wandering around. Always making a trouble” Junmyeon said that and grab a glass of wine. “He didn’t earn anything. Useless” Then he took a sip from the glass.

You think hard. You think was it enough if you say to him that Baekhyun already better now?

“Eng… Junmyeon si…” You stuttered.

“Just Junmyeon is okay. Or you prefer to call me oppa?”

“Ah, okay Junmyeon. Are you will satisfied if I say Baekhyun is doing well now?” You said that with serious face.

Junmyeon face got stiff when you said that. He looked at your eyes straightly. “What do you mean by that?”

“I mean… Why you must meet with me to talk about Baekhyun?”

Junmyeon chuckled and clapped his hands. Feel amused. “Great! I like smart people like you” Your eyebrows furrowed, didn’t understand at all. “You don’t eat that, hm?”

“Ha?”

Junmyeon lift his hand and called a waiter. “Please change the food. She don’t like it”

“No need to do that! I’ll eat it now!!” You said that to the waiter and started to eat the food. You can heard Junmyeon’s cackles.

“Enjoy yourself” Junmyeon said that and stared at you while you eat the food.

You felt uncomfortable because of the staring. Junmyeon must be have a guts to you, you think. And you couldn’t escape from here soon.

“Truthfully…” Junmyeon break the silence, “I think it is enough only Baekbeom that playing around in music industry. I want that youngest take the ordinary path”

You surprised because of what Junmyeon said. You looked at his face and disbelief him. He really didn’t admit Baekhyun’s piano talent.

“Because of that, I want you to cooperate with me, to persuade him” Junmyeon added.

You silent a while and answered him. “No. I refuse to do that”

“As the compensation, you can say anything you want from me”

“I don’t need a Baekhyun’s replacement!” You said that to Junmyeon with furious tone.

Junmyeon looked at you and you didn’t avoid his eyes. You showed him your determined eyes. And suddenly Junmyeon focus on you disappeared as you both heard a knocked sound on the door. And there was Hyunwoo opening the door.

“Sorry. There is Ji Sajangnim want to meet you. Should I refuse it or…?” Hyunwoo said reluctantly. After said that, Junmyeon rose up from his seat.

“Continue to eat your food. I’ll be back soon” Junmyeon said that to you and you just nodded at him.

Junmyeon exited the room and meet with Ji Jinhee that already waited him outside.

“Sorry that I didn’t make an appointment before. I want to say thank you about before” Ji Jinhee smiled at Junmyeon.

“Ah, you’re welcome” Junmyeon smiled back at Jinhee.

Jinhee glanced at the back of Junmyeon and he saw you eat your food.

“If a girl like her, there are many of them, right?” Jinhee said to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon glanced at you a while and only flashed a smile at Jinhee. After that Jinhee excused himself and Junmyeon walked to your place again. He paused a while and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It showed it already 7.30 pm.

“Ah, he only wasting my time” Junmyeon sigh and crossed his hands.

You looked at the clock to and realized something. “Ah! The curfew!!!!” You shouted panickly. You quickly rose up from your seat and approached Junmyeon. “Sorry, I must go home” You walked toward the exit and suddenly you felt Junmyeon’s hand on your waist, stopped you to walk further.

“Hyunwoo! Called the principal, you will stay outside” Junmyeon asked Hyunwoo.

“Eh?! Wait!!!”

“Yes sir” Hyunwoo then took his phone and called the director.

You quickly hissed at Junmyeon. “No!! Please let me off! I have another business!!!”

Junmyeon tighter his hands on your waist. “I don’t have any spare time too”

“Because of that!!!”

Junmyeon stared at your eyes straightly. “You want to go back to Baekhyun’s place, huh?”

“Ha?” You looked back at Junmyeon eyes and finally didn’t tried to let go from Junmyeon.

Junmyeon looked at Hyunwoo and let off his arm from your waist. “Take this girl to her dorm back before her curfew” Junmyeon said to Hyunwoo.

“Yes sir”

Hyunwoo led you to exit the restaurant suddenly you remembered something.

“Ah! The dress and the foods!!” You asked to Junmyeon how much you should pay. You prepared yourself to hear a fantastic amount to pay the dress and foods. Truthfully you a little scared to hear the answer.

Junmyeon flashed a smile to you. “You don’t need to pay. After all, we will meet again soon”

You paused and let your mind a little surprised because of Junmyeon’s word. Then you smiled back at Junmyeon. “Sorry, I think I will become useless for you”

“Hmm? But I will not give up about that”

 

***

 

You were inside a car with Hyunwoo. You thinking about what Junmyeon said before. Then you felt Hyunwoo staring at you from the rearview mirror.

“Junmyeon sajangnim is easily misunderstand about things, but he really worried about Baekhyun”

You startled after Hyunwoo said that. “He?”

“I think he will feel relieved after he hear about Baekhyun from you”

You didn’t answered Hyunwoo. You know Junmyeon worried about Baekhyun. But you think there was something more about it. But you couldn’t describe it well.

You arrived at the dorm slightly before the curfew. You ran into your room, try to avoid all the student that would passing on you. You reached your room and you opened the door quietly. And when the door opened, you saw Baekhyun’s face right behind the door.

“Whoaaaaaa!!!!” You shouted, too shocked because of Baekhyun’s sudden appearance.

Baekhyun pulled you in to the room and make your back leaned on the wall. He made his hand pinned on the either of the wall. You looked at Baekhyun’s face and it didn’t look so kind. You scared to look Baekhyun in this state.

“So? Where have you been, huh?!” Baekhyun asked you.

“Eh?”

“From the exhibition till now, where have you been?”

You panicked. Baekhyun knew about you went to the music exhibition. You confused why he knew about that. Was Junmyeon that told him that?

“I already said it before. Don’t do anything that useless” Baekhyun said.

“Ne…”

“Why you not learn from experience, huh?”

“Bu… But…”

“Are your ears only a display? Or horse’s ear?!”

You ducked your head. You felt enough all of this. You were disturbed by Baekhyun’s brother before and now you were being scolded by Baekhyun. You lift your chin up and look straight to Baekhyun’s eyes.

 “Can you praise me for once?!!” You yelled at Baekhyun.

“Ha?”

“Because I struggled hard to come back here! I was kidnapped by someone before! It is not my fault that I come back this late!!! Your brother is really scary!!!” You closed your eyes and felt tears starting formed on your eyes.

Baekhyun looked at you and then he placed his hands on your cheeks. You opened your eyes and Baekhyun made your face meet with his chest. His chin on your head. He caressed your hair softly.

“Don’t cry. Calm down. You don’t need to do anything…” Baekhyun tried to calm you down. But you couldn’t do that easily and you cried hard on his chest. He patted your head until you stop crying with you still in his embrace.

 

***

 

“The girl was a tough opponent, right. When she came home she complained a bit about you” Hyunwoo said to Junmyeon.

“But I feel more relax now” Junmyeon chuckled lightly.

“Because you give her a little pressure before?”

“Ah, it was unplanned. Maybe I should treat her more softly?”

Hyunwoo just nodded his head and he took something from his bag. A note with flower lace on it. “Ah, she left something in the car. Looks like she was not aware of this fall from her bag”

Junmyeon took the notebook and smirked. “Ah, it is good, Hyunwoo. It can make a reason to meet her again”

“Seems like you interested in her?”

Junmyeon walked toward the window and looked at the outside. He crossed his hands on his chest and smiled. “She said she would be useless for me. She don’t realized that she really useful for me since the first she can make Baekhyun interested on her”


 

Second update for this week special for my lovely subbies!

probably this this the last update before my exam weeks start T.T

once my exam and my thesis proposal is done, I'll quickly update more chapter!

See you later! ^^/

P.s I'm really excited for exodus era >_<