I Do

The One

29 March. It's the day of the wedding. Sulli is still in bed. She couldn't get enough sleep last night thinking about today. Today, her birthday, she'll be getting the best birthday present. She's gonna get married to man of her dreams, CHOI MINHO. The alarm rings.

 

(sits up straight and starts to smile like an idiot) I'm getting married. (giggles) Haha... I'm getting married! (takes her towel and skips her steps to the bathroom to take a shower) 

 

Meanwhile, everyone is already awake and busy tidying up the house. Luna and Onew in the living room touching up the deco. Vic and Changmin preparing the food for the guests that will come later. Krystal with Taemin are outside in the backyard to make sure the benches and the aisle are perfect. Jonghyun is brushing off the dusts near the windows. Amber and Key are in the garden picking up some flowers to be scattered on the aisle. 

 

Hey Am, how do you feel when you found out that Sulli and Minho are getting married? (asks while picking roses) 

 

Well, it caught me a bit by surprise I mean they just met each other after years...... but again, they did have sooo I thought what could go wrong when they trust each other like that. (smiles and nudges Key) What makes you think that sort of question anyway dude? (continues picking white roses) 

 

Huh? Oh.... nothing.. I was just wondering. I'm sort of a bit..... ahh nevermind.. 

 

You're a bit what? Hey come on now.. you gotta finish your line there. I don't really enjoy cliffhangers. 

 

Actually I'm.......... kinda jea.. lous. (starts to look away from Amber) 

 

Did I just heard that right? You're jealous? (smiles widely and chuckles) 

 

Yeah.. you could say that. (smiles) 

 

Of  what huh? Why are you jealous that they're getting married? 

 

I'm jealous cuz they're getting married and I'm not even near of getting a girl myself. (talks in a low voice) 

 

So that's why? (looks at Key and smiles) Hey, how about I help you find a girl? (hangs her right arm around Key's neck) 

 

Really, you would do that? (smiles at Amber) 

 

Yup. What do you think? 

 

Not a bad idea after all. Haha... let's go inside. (walks with Amber while ruffling her hair) 

 

.............. 

 

Gosh, you're too emotional unnie. (helps Vic to wipe her tears with tissues) 

 

I just can't believe my baby is getting married today. (continues tearing up) 

 

Ummmm guys, we won't make it in time if we keep crying like this. (doing Sulli's makeup) 

 

Gwaenchana Ddudungie, I can manage myself. (starts to do her hair herself) 

 

No, today is your day. Let me at least do your hair. (helps doing Sulli's hair) 

 

I'll go and check how Minho's doing then. 

 

Neh unnie. 

 

....................................... 

 

While Luna and Krystal are both busy with Sulli, Victoria goes to see Minho. 

 

(turns the doorknob) Hello, boys. (greeting SHINee who are all still preparing themselves) 

 

Oh, anyeong noona. (waves at Vic) 

 

Anyeong Taemin. 

 

You look nice noona. 

 

(smiles) Gomawo. 

 

Is Sulli done, noona? 

 

Huh? Oh... not yet. Krys and Luna are both working hard to make Minho's bride look the best as possible. (smiles) Yah Minho! 

 

Huh... what? (turns around to look at Vic)

 

Stop looking at the mirror already! Gosh, your face...

 

What? What's wrong with my face?

 

Hyung, are you that nervous?

 

Is it that obvious, Taemin?

 

Written all over your face Minho.... (chuckles)

 

Haha.. (laughs with a slightly nervous tone and turns to face the mirror again)

 

Gwaenchana Minho... you look good. (smiles at Minho) Ok then, boys try to haste a bit or we'll be late, arachi? 

 

Neh, noona. 

 

Victoria walks out of the room. Minho is still looking at himself in the mirror. He takes a deep breath and blows out. After doing so, he thinks of Sulli. She's going to be his wife just a few minutes from now. Just thinking of it, he smiles widely and all the butterflies in his stomach just now dissappear. 

 

Choi Jinri. (smiles at himself in the mirror) 

 

............................ 

 

Everybody has already been seated. Minho's parents and the other's families are there to witness the wedding too. Minho is standing on the altar. He can feel his heartbeat starting to fasten its pace. Just then, he can see his beautiful bride, Choi Sulli starting to walk the aisle with Victoria. Unlike Minho, Sulli is very calm. She wasn't nervous but instead very excited to finally get married to Minho. She walks while looking at Minho with a smile. Minho can't help but take deep breaths. Onew who is aware nudges him. 

 

Calm down. (chuckles) 

 

Gomawo hyung. (still nervous) 

 

Just then, Sulli finally reached the altar and Minho holds her hand. They are now standing and facing each other. Both with eyes locked on each other. Both smiling. The preacher starts. They help each other wear their rings. Then it's time for their vows. Minho starts first. 

 

Choi Jinri, Jinri ah. I just want you to know that you are the best thing that I've ever had my entire life. I've known you since we were still kids. (chuckles) I can still remember clearly the day we first met. You were playing at the playground and hurt yourself for falling. You were crying so loud because your knee bled. I remembered that time when I used all my money to buy you     ice-cream to cheer you up. And just like that young version of us, I want to be able to take care of you. But not just when you needed me the most, but to always keep you happy and warm in the cold weather. Everyday, every hour, every minute, every second and every heartbeat that my heart beats, I want to spend them with you till the last breath that I will take. 

 

Minho looks at Sulli in the eyes intently. Hearing Minho, she too starts with hers. 

 

Choi Minho. (smiles to Minho) Oppa, I've known for a long time. And throughout that period of time, you were always there for me. (laughs) I do remember the melted chocolate ice-cream you bought me. It caught me by surprise knowing that you bought it just to make me happy. And it did, definitely did. You help me with my wound, too. From that day, every day of my life has never been better. You found me, scarred and imperfect. Then you help me heal myself and make me complete the day you said you love me.And oppa, I love you till death do us apart. Maybe even longer that. 

 

Finally, the moment. 

 

Alright then. (clears throat) Choi Minho, will you, take Choi Sulli to be your lawfully wedded wife, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health until death do you both apart? 

 

(still looking at Sulli's flawless face) I do. 

 

Choi Jinri, do you take Choi Minho as your lawfully wedded husband for better and for worse, in sickness and in health till death do you both apart? 

 

(smiles widely) I do

 

Well then, with the power invested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride. 

 

Minho holds Sulli's waist with one hand and holds her cheek with his other hand. Slowly, he closes the gap between their lips andfinally kisses her lips gently and passionately. The crowd gives them a big clap for having married to each other. Finally they are together. 

 

................................... 

 

Congratulations you guys! (hugs Sulli) 

 

Haha.. thanks Krystal. 

 

Finally both of you are together. Never thought I would live to see this view. 

 

Appa, you talk like you're going to die or something! (jokes) 

 

Ah jinjja this kid! 

 

Haha.... be patient appa. 

 

Trying omma. (rolls his eyes at Jonghyun) 

 

Congrats hyung! (claps) 

 

Yeah, congrats to you both. (smiles widely) 

 

Thanks, guys. (smiles back and turns his face to Sulli) 

 

I think I want to go and dance. Kaja, oppa. (quickly pulls Taemin by the arm) 

 

Seems like fun... dubu ah can you dance with me? (clings to Onew) 

 

Hehe... anything for you darl. You two should have some time alone. Appa, omma, why not we give the newlywed couple some privacy.

 

Oh no it's ok Vic umma..

 

Ani Sulli ah, we should. Go on and have some time. (grins)

 

Neh, omma.

 

The rest of the family are dancing. Now, there's only the two of them at the table.

 

You look............... beautiful... Sulli ah.. (leans closer to Sulli)

 

(smiles) Thank... you.. Oppa..... You look handsome..tonight. 

 

Jinjja ? Just tonight? 

 

Hehe..... ani... always.. (cups his face) 

 

Hey.... come with me.. (stands up and leads Sulli to the dancefloor) Can I have this dance? (holds out his hand) 

 

(takes his hand) Yes. 

 

They dance to the slow music. Sulli hugs minho and puts her chin on his shoulder. Minho keeps dancing while kissing her hair and forehead. 

 

Sulli ah... 

 

Neh.. 

 

Saranghae... 

 

Nado... saranghae oppa.. 

 

Just after she said that, suddenly Minho felt her body being heavier than she usually does. 

 

Yah, baby why suddenly you're so heavy? (looks at Sulli) 

 

Molla... oppa.... I... I... (looks at Minho's face) 

 

Baby, you're.......... you're pale... (holds Sulli) 

 

I don't feel so good.... 

 

Suddenly, Sulli felt herself too weak to be able to stand. She collapsed. Luckily, Minho caught her. Everybody looked at their direction. Changmin helps with the crowd and Amber and Key stopped with serving drinks. The others didn't know what to do. 

 

Sulli ah.... Sulli ah! Gwaenchana?! (Minho worries) 

 

Neh..... I' just don't feel so good.. (says weakly) 

 

Minho, bring her to the room. 

 

Ok. 

 

Minho lifts Sulli with all his might. Krystal helps opening the doors and the others goes back to tell the guests the event is over. As Krystal opens the door to Minsul's room, Minho quickly goes inside and lays Sulli carefully on the bed. He then sits beside her while caressing her face. He's very worried. 

 

Umm... Minho oppa I'll go and make some drink for Sulli. Be back in a flash. 

 

Neh.. (looks at Krystal as she goes to the kitchen and turns his gaze to Sulli) Baby, are you sure you're okay? 

 

Yeah.... I'm just tired, oppa... 

 

Minho looks at her with doubt. 

 

Really oppa, I' m fine.. (holds Minho's hand and squeezes it to assure him that she's alright) I'll be okay after I get some rest. (smiles assuringly) 

 

Ok then if you say so... (lays down beside her and quickly takes her into his embrace) 

 

They hugged each other and stayed for a little while. Krystal comes in to send in Sulli's drink. 

 

Here Sulli. (gives Sulli the glass) 

 

Ah.... thanks Soojungie.. (takes the glass from her) 

 

Don't mention it. (smiles and leaves Minsul) 

 

Sulli takes a sip. The drink was able to refresh her for a little. After drinking, she goes back into Minho's embrace and they both fall into a good sleep without knowing a little surprise that is awaiting them.