Would You Laugh At Me?

The One

Right after they sent Minho and Sulli, the family gets back in the van. Then, Krystal starts to sing out loud. It's f(x)'s song Summer Lover. Written by Amber herself. She purposely sings it to cheer her up. She starts. 

 

Summer lover, summer lover. Summer lover, summer lover.

 

Luna turns to look at Krystal and makes a puzzled look saying 'what are you doing?'. Krystal eyes Amber. Luna turns her gaze to Amber who is looking out the window with an upset look. She turns back to Krystal and signals 'keep on singing, I' ll join'. 

 

She starts with the verse. She also asks Taemin and Onew to join since they also know the song. 

 

 

Jeomeumiran seonmul tteodeobolkka? Pureun bada haessal meogeun sky. 

 

Haemalkge uneun neowa na sujupge daheun uri mam

 

Kkumeun slow motion jamsi mirwodugo

 

Hey yo haengbokhaejineun beop (joining) 

 

Hamkkeraneun gandanhan gongsik (joining her 'kids')

 

Woo uh oh, woo uh oh

 

Soneul jabwa, soneul jabwa

 

Woo uh oh, woo uh oh

 

Choneunyeogi naege itdamyeon

 

The van is silent for a little while. All eyes on Amber. Except for Changmin of course since he' s driving. And Key. He doesn't give a damn. Amber looks at them. At first she was puzzled. But then Krystal and Luna gives her a 'sing along!' look. She smiles and starts singing with them. 

 

Taeyangui dubareul mukkgo

 

Haru jongil neowa duri

 

Padoui norael deutgo

 

Yeoreume ppajin uri

 

Pareul hwaljjak beollin haneulcheoreom nareul anajul su ini? 

 

Oh oh oh oh oh

 

Summer lover, summer lover

 

Amber's face returns to its usual cheerful look again. All thanks to her friends. Changmin can't stop laughing at how happy they are even in the van. Always find something to do and have fun with everybody around. The family would be super boring if the two groups aren't together and being best friends and most importantly, partners. 

 

.................. 

 

I wonder what are they doing right now. (puts a cut kimbap into ) 

 

Who? (drinking orange juice) 

 

Minho and Sulli. 

 

Ahh... the two lovebirds. Hmmm... probably having great time loving each other till death do them apart. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure if death does do them apart. Hope they stay together though, my life would boring as hell if I don't get to see them being lovey dovey to each other. (eats ttopokki while talking casually) 

 

Haha. You're right Krystal. 

 

What time is it there in Italy? 

 

Molla. 

 

Minho really loves Sulli. Seriously, there's not a day that I don't see him hugging and kissing Sulli. 

 

You'll be like that when you have a wife, Jongie. (joking) 

 

Don't worry. You'll get there. (joking) 

 

While the others are busy talking, Amber is in the room with Key. Key is busy texting with his girlfriend. He didn't talk to her at all. Amber really wants to talk to him, but she felt scared so quits her thought. She really wanted to tell him her feelings, she really do. But she's sure he just wouldn't listen. What's the point of dating your not-so-feminine beast friend anyway. She might as well just keep quite and keep it to herself. Key would just laugh at her. She lies on her bed and turns the opposite direction from Key, facing the wall. She hugs her bolster tightly and buries her face in it. Key is oblivious. Then, his phone rings. Here we go, her heart will just die once again. 

 

Hello, chagiya. What, you wanna meet? Ok, I'll be right there. Bye bye. (talks sweetly) 

 

Amber covers her ears instantly when she hears him call the waitress 'chagiya.' If its like in a cartoon show or something, maybe her heart would be taken out and crushed or stabbed with a spear. She closes her eyes and hope he will get out of the room right at that moment. And he does. 

 

Amber, going out. Need to meet her. Gotta go, anyeong! (skips his steps out the door) 

 

(thoughts to herself) Just go already Key, I don't wanna hurt you. 

 

...................... 

 

In a park, Key is standing under a lamp post eaiting for his girl, Yoon Heri. He waits patiently and looks around to find her. Then he sees her walking with her head down towards him. Key runs to her and hugs her. 

 

Chagiya! I miss you. (hugging) 

 

Neh. Nado Key. (smiles weakly) Why don't we seat? I need to tell you something. (breaks the hug) 

 

You wanna eat? I wanna eat. I didn't eat just now. (rubbing his stomach) 

 

Ok. Let's go to that coffee shop there. (points to a coffee shop nearby) 

 

Ok. Kaja. (takes her hand and walks with her to the shop) 

 

................. 

 

Key is eating a piece of cake with a cup of latte. Since they are sitting facing each other, Heri stares at Key. Looking at hoe innocent he is, she feels so guilty. But she promised herself she will tell him today and not any other day. Key finishes his cake and latte and looks at her. He smiles widely and holds her hand. 

 

What did you wanna say? Tell me. (smiling) 

 

(takes her hand away slowly) Key, I've been wanting to tell you this since last week. So today I promised to myself, I would. 

 

What? (makes a worried face) 

 

Key... I think it's best if we stop this, now.  (looks down) I do love you... I really do. But, I don't want to hurt you later on. I'm so sorry...... Key. 

 

(takes a deep breath and forces a weak smile) Well... that hurts my feelings. But, wow. So good to finally know. (smiling but with sad eyes) Thank you.... for telling me. (smiles and clears his throat) Ummm... would you excuse me for a sec? I want to use the restroom. I'll be back. So, if you're here when I do, it means you still wanna go out with me. But. I doubt you will, right? Ok. Gotta go. (stands up quickly and runs to the restroom) 

 

Key. (sighs and cries) 

 

Heri writes a note and leave it on the table. She also pays for Key' s cake and latte. Then, she quickly goes out of the shop and dissappears from Key's life. Key comes out of the restroom and sits back at the table. He looks at Heri's note and cries. 

 

"Key, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I really want to be with you. You're the best guy I've ever known. I appreciate it that you made my life happier than it ever been. Thank you for being my last love. I really enjoyed my last days as Yoon Heri. I've been wanting to tell you that I have brain cancer. I'm dying, Key. I hope this will not get in our way to be friends. From now on, I hope you find someone else, even better than me and can always be there for you when you need her. Live happily and don' t forget about me, ok? Hehe... I love you, Kibum. Remember this whenever you miss me, WHO'S THE CUTEST KEY IN THE WORLD? IT'S YOU. Goodbye cutiepie. 

Love, Heri.    "

 

................... 

 

Key comes home. He is still crying. Luna and Krystal who are playing arm wrestling stops and stares at him. Gosh, his eyes are so red that Krystal got scared as if she's watching a horror movie. Luna goes to him and pats his shoulder. Key hugs her tightly and this just made him cry harder. Luna who is surprised and puzzled with what is going on just stands there, stiff with wide eyes and patting his back to calm him down. 

 

Yah, Key what's wrong? (worried) You almost suffocate Luna. (says jokingly) 

 

I'm sorry.... (crying in Luna's arms) 

 

Shhh....don't cry.... please don't cry. (patting him and in the verge of crying) 

 

Victoria who just came out of the kitchen to ask for help from Luna stops her steps and stands still. 

 

Ummm, girls what's going on? (asking Krystal) 

 

We don't know, omma. He just came in and suddenly hugs me, crying. 

 

His eyes are really red omma that it scares the out of me. (explaining how Key scares her) 

 

Yah Key, don't you know how to close the tap after using the sink? (comes out of the room) 

 

Amber looks at Key who is crying with his face in Luna's shoulder. She immediately quits her thought to scold him. She comes near him and talks to him. 

 

Key, what's wrong? What happened to you? (worried) 

 

Amber? (looks at Amber) 

 

Yeah it's me. Wh-

 

(hugs her tightly) Amber please help me forgive myself...... I've misunderstood her... (crying) 

 

What? Hey, let's talk in the room. Guys, let's bring him to the room. 

 

Yeah. (helps Amber to take Key to the room) 

 

..................... 

 

So she left you? (surprised look) 

 

Yes.. (says with slow voice) 

 

What the.. (about to get angry) 

 

It's not what you think it is. She has cancer. She's dying. She doesn't want me to get sad if she dies so she left me. (sighs) Silly girl. (cups his face in his hands) 

 

Oh....... I'm sorry Key. (sympathizes Key) 

 

Well, please take your time ok? (pats Key's back) Luna, Krystal, I need your help with dinner. 

 

Ok omma. 

 

Let's go unnie. Bye Key. (goes out of the room with Luna and Victoria) 

 

Now, only Amber and Key are left in the room. Amber suddenly feels so sad for Key. He really loved Heri. They could be married next year if it weren't for her illness. Amber comes near Key. She sits beside Key on his bed.  Without notice, Key lays his head on her lap. Without knowing what to do, she just sits here patting him. Key holds her hand. He really needs someone to lean on now. So she lets him do so. A few minutes after, Key falls asleep on her lap. She smiles weakly looking at the boy with tear stains on his cheeks. She plays with his hair and whispers to him. 

 

If I tell you, would you get mad at me? Or..... would you perhaps laugh? (sighs) I like you, Key. Sweet dreams. 

 

Amber bends down and kisses his temple. Hoping it gives him a little of happiness.