A Bad News

The One

Luna and Onew freeze outside of the shop. Luna who is curious, enters the shop to hear what the reporter is saying. 

 

(on the tv) Breaking news, a mental patient has just escaped and now on the loose. The patient, CHOI JIN EE is currently being...... 

 

And everything around her just turns inaudible. That hateful person is now on the loose. He could go around and hurt anyone now that he is free. Knowing what he has done to the family, like Krystal who got kidnapped by him not long ago, Luna's eyes gets teary thinking of what might happen if he hurts the family again. He cannot reach anyone, especially his own sister Sulli who looks as if she could give birth anytime. Onew enters the shop to calm Luna. He knows Luna's body language so well that he knows that she's now so worried for the family. Teary eyes, stiff body and her hand holding a fist. He approaches her slowly and puts his hands on her shoulder and gives a little rub. 

 

Hey..... it's ok darling... they'll be ok.... we'll be ok.. everything will be ok... (says with a gentle voice) 

 

How can we know Dubu? Huh? (turns to face him with her nose now being red) How can we know he won't hurt us? (hugs Onew with her head in his chest) 

 

I.... I don't know... Sunyoung ah.... (pats her back) 

 

(releases the hug) We need to go back home..... NOW. We have to warn them... we have to warn the family.. we have to warn Minho... we have to warn Sulli... we have to warn every single one of them, Dubu! (rushes out of the shop) 

 

Luna! Luna! Sunyoung! Darling! (runs out to catch up to her) 

 

................... 

 

Back at home... 

 

Minsul. In the kitchen. 

 

Sulli is busy cleaning the kitchen counter. She is so into doing the work when a pair of strong hands envelops her from behind. Sulli smiles. 

 

Oppa... you're home? (asks sweetly) 

 

(back hugging her) Mmhhmm..... I miss you, Sulli ah.... (whispers)

 

I miss you too... (turns around and holds Minho's hands) So, how's work? (asks, smiling) 

 

You know how... (kisses her forehead and leans his head to her's)

 

I know. Are you tired? (asks while looking at him straight in the eyes)

 

Ani.... I'm fine. It's you I'm worried about. (holds her hands tighter)   Why are you cleaning the kitchen anyway? Where's Krystal? And Jessica noona? 

 

Oh... they're in the backyard.... probably talking about some things they've missed out. Anyways, gwaenchana oppa... I can still do this.. it's not that hard cleaning the counters. (smiles) 

 

I know it isn't hard, but you shouldn't be doing this in your condition. For now, let me take over, neh? (cups Sulli's face) 

 

But oppa-

 

Please... 

 

Neh. (smiles) Gomawo oppa.. (hugs him with a smiling face) 

 

Neh... now you go and take gooooood sleep, hmm? 

 

Ok. 

 

Goodnight.... goodnight baby! (talking to Sulli's belly) 

 

Hehehe.... goodnight to you too Daddy.. (smiles and pecks Minho's lips before going to bed) 

 

Minho continues where Sulli left off. 

 

............ 

 

In the backyard. Jungsis. 

 

Soojung ah.... did anything happen when I wasn't around? 

 

Huh? Nothing.......... maybe... (hesitates) 

 

What? Did something happen? 

 

Something did...... but I don't think I should tell you about it... now that you're suffocating in your own problems....I don't want to add more to what you're already having.... 

 

Jung Soojung... I'm asking you.... DID SOMETHING HAPPEN? (with a stern tone) 

 

Un..nie....

 

Answer me when I'm asking you, Jung Soojung.. (says a bit more gently) 

 

(sighs) Ok then..... 

 

............. 

 

Luna and Onew rushes back home. The front door almost break when Luna opens it. 

 

Guys, we need to talk... NOW! 

 

Huh? 

 

................ 

 

Did any of you guys watch the news just now? 

 

No. We've just got back from work. 

 

What happened? 

 

Why do you guys look like you saw a dead person walking around? 

 

Because-

 

Because Choi Jin Ee escaped! 

 

Everybody gasps. 

 

Yah, Luna.... are you sure about this? 

 

And are you really sure it is him? 

 

YES. I. AM! (emphasizing each word) 

 

Then the front door opens wide. Krystal and Jessica are both at the door. 

 

So that worthless escaped, huh? 

 

Luna nods at her. 

 

Hmph... try to hurt my family... if he DARES.