The 'Stubborns'

The One

Minho feels his head spinning, but he couldn't see anything. Maybe because his head is covered with something.In the silence, he can hear the sound of a clock ticking and the ceiling fan spinning. He seems to be on a chair with his hands tight on its armrests. He struggles to escape, but fails.Then,he hears the sound of a door being opened and footsteps leading towards him. A man uncovers hi head and he could see that he is trapped in a room. Other than himself, there is also another guy being tight to a chair. He is Lee Ho. He looks as if he's been beaten like a punching bag. 

 

Hello. I'm Jin Ee's assistant. 

 

(keeps looking at Lee ho) 

 

(looks to where Minho is staring at) What? You're wondering what happened to that guy? Nah.... he's fine. Just got hit several times for being too stubborn. 

 

(shoots a dagger look to the man who introduced himself as 'Jin Ee' s assistant') 

 

(laughs) You think I did it? No. My boss did it. And he asked me to do something worse to you. Wanna try? Maybe...... a little electricity can do? (takes out a device) 

 

You won't get away with this. 

 

I'll take my chances. (turns on the device)

 

So....tell me something.... do you want to do this the hard way, or the easy way? 

 

(ignores) 

 

Oh well.... both of them will hurt pretty bad so.... it's just the same thing. So.... I'll just take it as the hard way then. 

 

The muscular man stands in front of Minho and suddenly stabs both of Minho's legs with the electricity device. Minho yelled and grunts in pain. He breathes in and out in a rapid pace. The man turns on the device and a wave of electric shock made Minho cry in pain. 

 

................... 

 

Omma, a little help here! (struggling) 

 

A crowd of reporters are just outside Sulli's ward. Changmin and Victoria have been keeping them out since early in the morning. Luna and Krystal suffered the worst. Especially Luna..... pshed aside easily by reporters....  (sigh) a fate that every petite girl has to live with. 

 

Victoria, can you tell us what happened to Sulli? 

 

Where is Sulli? 

 

Luna, can you explain? 

 

Krystal please tell us! 

 

I've had enough of this crap.... shut up! We are not going to tell you ANYTHING ABOUT SULLI, YA HEAR ME?! 

 

Victoria explodes. 

 

Oh boy... Mrs. Scary Vic is coming out. 

 

You heard her don't you? Please leave. (sending the reporters away calmly) 

 

Even so, some of them are still stubborn. Still with their mics, trying to make them talk. 

 

Yah... trust me, you don't want Victoria to chase you around the hospital. 

 

But-

 

GET OUT..... (very serious voice with her eyes shooting daggers at the stubborn reporters)

 

Uh oh..... guys, go.. RUN NOW! (pushing the reporters away from Victoria) 

 

YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY FROM ME?! COME BACK HERE YOU FREAKS! (chasing the reporters) 

 

AHHH!!!! 

 

....................... 

 

Are you feeling much better? 

 

Yeah... (smiles) I've had enough rest. (looks around the room) Where's oppa? 

 

We don't know... but he sent me a text saying he's got something to take care of. Maybe he'll be back soon.

 

Oh... ok. Thanks for handling the reporters.

 

Sure, no prob sweetie. 

 

Vic omma did the best job. 

 

Seriously, someone should hire her as their bodyguard or something. 

 

She scared the out of them. 

 

Haha.. right! 

 

She sure did. 

 

Yeah! 

 

Hehehe.. (giggling) 

 

Then, Krystal got a message. She opens and reads it to herself. Jessica looks at her sister. She acts weird after looking at her phone. She sits down, scratches her head and stares blankly to the wall. 

 

Soojung, what's wrong? 

 

All eyes on Krystal. 

 

Nothing..... it's just.... just... Minho oppa... 

 

He's coming here? (smiling with MinHae in her arms) 

 

(smiles weakly) 

 

Krystal? 

 

That wasn't from Minho, wasn't it? 

 

(nods slowly) 

 

Wait... are you guys hiding something from me? 

 

It's somewhat like that....

 

What is it? What's about Minho oppa that I don't know? (suddenly sounds upset) 

 

Sulli... we-

 

Tell me, damn it! 

 

Startled by her loud voice, MinHae started crying.

 

Ok.... we'll tell you. But... stop MinHae from crying first, Sulli.

 

Ok...

 

......................

 

How can you not tell me this... please... we must save him.. (sobbing)

 

But how?

 

Bust his door?

 

Be serious.

 

He can't do it at his house. He's a mental patient who got away, remember?

 

Yeah... the cops know where his house is. It's the first place he won't come back to if he's smart.

 

We can't tell the cops?

 

No. We can't.

 

We won't need to. All we need now... is his location.

 

Did he tell you where he is, Krystal?

 

No. But I think there is a clue though. Here it says, "I'm a few feet underground. Jinri knows where." Do you know? 

 

I might.... but I'm not sure.

 

Just tell us where it is. We'll go.

 

Thinking back, her brother and her used to play in the basement of their house when they were kids. Well.. before he snapped. 

 

(sighs) It's at our old house where our family used to live. It has a.... basement. That's the only place underground that I know of. It's an old house now.... I don't think anybody lives there anymore. 

 

Ok. We'll go, you girls stay here. 

 

Ok. Take care appa. (hugs Changmin) 

 

I will. 

 

Be careful oppa. 

 

Always am, honey. (smiles back) 

 

(pecks Onew's lips) Be safe. 

 

You too darling. 

 

Sulli, text me the location later,ok?

 

Ok. Be careful, guys. He's insane. 

 

He IS a mental patient. 

 

..................... 

 

Turn left here, Appa. 

 

They drove for about an hour. In front, they can see an old house. 

 

This must be it. Get ready, guys. 

 

...................... 

 

(sighs) What if something happens to them, unnie? 

 

It's gonna be alright. (answers the question eventhough Sulli wasn't talking to her) 

 

We should trust them. 

 

Don't worry too much, Sulli. 

 

Yeah... you're still weak. 

 

She meant, fatigued. Let's have faith in them, ok? 

 

Sulli takes a deep breath and nods. She closes her eyes for a minute... not to rest.. but thinking of a plan. 

 

"Hmm.... how can I escape this hospital? Oppa needs me"

 

She tells the girls that she wants to take a stroll around the hospital's garden with MinHae. 

 

Ok then. Let's go. 

 

Wait... let's all go. 

 

Huh? You guys can stay if you want to you know. 

 

No.. let's stick together. 

 

Yeah... who knows who's here watching us. Could be those reporters again. 

 

That's possible. And with Luna accompanying, she can't provide you any protection at all! When reporters push her away, she'll fly like a feather! (joking) 

 

Hahaha! "Damn it, how can I go unnoticed by them? Think Sulli....  think!" 

 

Hey, you're so mean! (pouts) 

 

................. 

 

So.... when are you going to tell the public that you and Minho oppa are married? I mean.... we can't hide forever, can we? 

 

Yeah.... especially now that it is obvious I'm married. (looks at MinHae in her arms and her wedding ring) Unnie... can you help me hold him? 

 

Sure. (takes MinHae) 

 

"Good. One... two... three steps... and set.... " GO! (runs as fast as she could) 

 

Ok. Wait,where are you going?! YAH SULLI COME BACK HERE! (chases Sulli) 

 

The other girls behind them looked at the two with puzzled expressions. But seeing Sulli running lightning fast like heaven's door is right in front of her, they started going after her too. She ran straight to the lobby and to the carpark when she finally felt tired. The others behind her were panting at the sudden workout. 

 

Yah what are you doing?! You gave MinHae to me and suddenly took off like that. What's gotten into you? (panting hard) 

 

I'm so sorry... but.... but... I need to get to oppa... please... please..(sounding very tired with her face turning pale) 

 

You just gave birth and you can run? 

 

You're one unbelievable girl, Sulli. 

 

Maybe she's Wonder Woman or something. (panting) 

 

No she's not. She's just amazingly stubborn. Why did you run here, to the carpark, sweetie? 

 

I need to go there... the house. We need to get to them..... unnie please... (crying) 

 

Hey.... don't cry Ssul. We'll go... ok. Amber unnie, you know what. (quickly stands beside their car's passenger door) 

 

What,chaffeur?

 

Got that right. 

 

Palli. 

 

What?! Are you guys actually serious to sneak her out of the hospital's grounds? 

 

Amber, now! We need a driver! (entering the car) 

 

(sigh) How do I end up with these crazy girls? You just gotta blend in... Amber. Gotta blend in. 

 

..................