Why Not You Take My Place?

The One

Amber is still sitting on Key's bed with Key laying his head on her lap. With Heri leaving him, it's just too much for him to handle. HLuar i is the first girl he ever confessed to. Amber looks at his face. His cheeks are stained with tears. She's sure that he'll have swollen eyes later on when he wakes up. Tapping her foot on the floor, thinking, she finally come up with an idea to call Heri herself. Eventhough seeing Key with that girl hurts her feelings and crushes her heart to millions of pieces, seeing Key being sad and let down is worse than seeing him with someone else. So she takes out her phone and Key's phone to take Heri's phone number. She dials and calls. After a couple rings, Heri picks up. 

 

Hello? Who is this? (didn't recognize the phone number)

 

Uh...hello.Is this, Yoon Heri? (talks politely) 

 

Yes. It is me. Umm... may I know who is speaking? I mean, do I know you? Have we met before? (asks with a calm tone) 

 

Yes. We've met before, but you don't know me. Hi, I' m Amber. A friend of Key. (introduces herself) 

 

Ohhh... hi I'm Heri.Nice to know you. Actually, Key talks about you a lot. Ummm.... why is it that you call? Is there something going on? 

 

Uh.. actually yes. It's about Key. Umm... I know we just know each other, but... can I meet you, Heri? 

 

Ohh.. yeah sure, I'd love to meet! 

 

Can we meet at the coffee shop where you work? 

 

Yeah. Of course. See you at 4 ok? 

 

Ok. Bye. 

 

Bye. 

 

..................... 

 

Do you think that girl Key's dating is nice? (talks to Luna while biting an apple in her hand) 

 

How should I know, Krystal. (mincing beef) 

 

Hey, if Key likes her, then we should respect that. Plus, he told us that she left him because of her illness. 

 

So we should trust him? 

 

Yup. Trust him. Easy as pie. (finish arranging the plates on the table) 

 

Hey omma, now that you mentioned it, I wanna eat some pie all of a sudden! (shoves the minced meat into the soup) 

 

Oh yeah, me too! Let's make a pie then. (grabs the ingredients for the pie) 

 

Waa.... me too. I'm hungry. (pouts and rubs her flat tummy) 

 

Krystal, you get yourself over here or I'll drag you by the ear myself! (annoyed with the fact that Krystal didn't even do any work since the start) 

 

Why? (whined) 

 

Haha.... don't be too hard on her omma. Come here Krystal, you're our baking princess after all, aren't you Jung princess? (pampers Krystal like a little kid) 

 

Eyy... you're pampering her too much Luna. (looking at Luna who is treating Krystal like a child) 

 

Unnie, omma is bullying me! (whines while pointing her index finger to Vic and pouting with her feet stomping the floor) 

 

Gwaenchana Jung princess, let's just make the pie together without omma, neh? (patting Krystal's head and Krystal making cute faces when she do so) 

 

When Krystal and Luna starts with making the dough, Vic plans to disturb the two. She tiptoes behind the two sisters who are busy at the kitchen counter and startles them. Because of that, the rolling pin that Krystal's using fly across the kitchen. Luna who seems to be the most mature among them quickly turns around and hits Vi'c head multiple times with her hand. 

 

BAD OMMA, BAD OMMA! (hitting Vic's head) 

 

Ouch ouch, STOP! (covering her head) 

 

While the three girls are busy hitting, yelling and pleading in the kitchen, Amber comes out of her bedroom to tell them that she's going to head out. She goes to the kitchen, where she hears their loud voices come from. She sees Luna hitting Victoria's head and can't help but to chuckle. 

 

Hehehe.... yah guys, I'm gonna go out for a little bit. Got some things to take care of! 

 

(stops hitting Vic's head) Ok unnie! 

 

Neh Amber! (makes an 'ok' sign) Unnie, go back to it! Bad omma! (asks Luna to hit Vic) 

 

AAAHHH!!! (runs out of the kitchen to escape Luna and Krystal) 

 

Yah woman come back here! (chases after Vic) 

 

............................. 

 

In the coffee shop, Amber is waiting for Heri. Patiently. Tapping her finger on the table. Then, she sees a familiar face coming through the door. A beautiful girl. Heri. Heri looks around the shop to find Amber, and spots Amber sitting at a table for two people waving her hand signalling she's there. Heri smiles and comes to the table to meet her. 

 

Hi, you're Amber, right? I'm Heri. Nice to meet you. (holds her hand out for a handshake) 

 

(smiles) Yes I'm Amber. Nice to meet you too. Please, sit. (asks politely) 

 

Sure. (sits on the chair in front of Amber) 

 

Heri keeps talking and talking about how Key always talks about Amber and the family. She also answers Amber's questions such as how Key treats her when they were dating. Heri is a cheerful girl. Really reminds her of Sulli all of a sudden. Then, after telling so much about her side of the story, Heri asks Amber. 

 

Umm... I've was wondering, why did you wanna meet me again? I remember you said something about Key? 

 

Yeah. It is about Key. (low tone) 

 

Is he ok? He told you didn't he? (figures out) 

 

(looks at Heri) You're correct again. He did tell me. Just want you to know that he really loves you, Heri. He's really sad right now. He needs you. 

 

(sighs) Look, Amber..... thank you for... taking your time to see me and tell me about him. But I'm sorry, I can't. Not with my sickness. I don't want to hurt him. He'll only love me more if I keep seeing him. And that will make it worse. I... appreciate your help, but no. I 'm not coming back. I WON' T come back. (wipes the tears falling) Excuse me but I have to go. Nice meeting you. (stands up and runs out the door) 

 

Heri, Heri wait! (puts money on the table to pay) Keep the change! (runs out the door to catch up to Heri) 

 

......................

 

Hello girls, we're home! 

 

Honey! (lifts Krystal and kisses her forehead) 

 

Oppa, miss you! (hugs Taemin) 

 

Luna, I'm home! (searches for Luna in the dining room) 

 

Dubu ah! (comes to Onew and pecks his lips) 

 

Luna, help me bring the food to the table! 

 

Ok omma! 

 

(stops Luna) No, let me do it. (goes to the kitchen to help Victoria)

 

Oh, appa. Can you help me? (smiles at him)

 

Sure. (picks up the dishes)

 

Let's bring this to the table. (carefully bringing the dishes to the dining room)

 

And so the family settles at the table to enjoy delicious food together.

 

.....................

 

Heri stop! (grabs Heri's wrist)

 

No Amber. I can't.

 

Yes you can.

 

I only have about a month left to live! Please just don't... make me.(crying) Tell him I love him. (turns away) 

 

I, love him too Heri! Please don't make me hate you for what you're doing to him. (pleads) 

 

(takes a deep breath and looks at Amber with a weak smile) Then why not you take my place? 

 

What? (surprised with Heri's request) 

 

Take care of him for me. Goodbye. 

 

 

Heri stops a cab and get's on it. Amber just looks at the very strong girl as she leaves and get's further and further away from her sight. Since that day, the girl named Yoon Heri is forever gone from Key, but will always be remembered. Goodbye, Yoon Heri. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's a little chapter for to clear things out between Yoon Heri and Key. From here onwards, Heri won't appear anymore. Her name might just be mentioned just a few times. But she's gone for good. What do you think of the chapter? Or do you want Heri to still appear in the story? Please let me know!  :) Hope you enjoyed the chapter! See you again, bye for now!  :D - ally3008-