Alternate ending

Manage My Love

 

I edited starting from the part where Soo-Yun wakes up. If you don’t want to read the top part again, you can scroll to the middle.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinki’s POV

 

I sat in the living room thinking what could have made her so angry. I switched on the television. “Ex super Junior, Lee Eunhyuk, now known as Lee Hyukjae got married to their former manager, Kim Haemin. Many SM artists including DBSK appeared at the scene. What most amazing was the CEO of Woori bank and I’Park mall, Park Soo-Yun was also at the scene. It seems like she had some intimacy with these people before. Stay tuned to…” DBSK, Wasn’t she their manager before, something must have triggered her.

 

I decided to wait for her. If by 11pm she’s not back, I will head out to look for her. Time was going past so slowly as if each second represents a day. I clutched my fingers tightly. I have a very bad feeling something happened. I stood up and took my car keys. When I was about to head out the phone rang. I gulped my saliva and I extended my shaking had towards the phone. I pulled it towards my ear slowly.

 

“Yoboseyo. Lee Jinki Imnida.”

 

“Mr. Lee, this is Seoul Hospital.” I froze totally. The phone was still at my ear. I blocked out every single sound in the room other than the nurse who was speaking.

 

“Your wife Mrs. Lee Soo-Yun is in the hospital. She got into a car accident… “I dropped down onto the floor with the phone still at my ear. I couldn’t hear anymore. I can’t believe this is really happening.

 

“Mr. Lee! Mr. Lee! Are you still there?” The nurse on the other side asked. I broke out of the daze I was in. “I’ll be right there.” I sniffed and wiped the tears. I drove my car as quickly as I can to the hospital.

 

When I got there, I rushed straight to the operation theatre. The red light indicating that operation was in progress was lit up. I sat at the bench outside the theatre with my head buried in my palms. It’s all my fault. I should have agreed to go with her to the wedding. It’s all my fault. I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw Hongki and Jae-hyun.

 

“She’ll be alright.” Jae-hyun assured me. I could see that she was tearing. Her eyes were red and Hongki had his arms round her, comforting her. “Where’s Omma?” I asked Jae-hyun.

 

“Hyung, it’s not wise to tell her. She would have been upset over her husband’s death. If she heard her daughter is in the hospital, she would be devastated.” Hongki said. I nodded my head in agreement. If Soo-Yun’s Omma were to know about this, she would be devastated. When Soo-Yun’s Appa died, she refused to eat or drink. She locked herself in the house for a very long time after Soo-Yun’s Appa’s body was cremated.

 

Hours passed and the operation was still in progress. Soo-Yun will be alright. She will be fine. I looked at Hongki talking on the phone. “Make sure the new on the accident doesn’t get leaked out. Thank you.” He then looked back at me giving me an assuring smile.

 

Suddenly, the red light dimmed down. I stood up immediately. The door swung open revealing a man in a blue operation suit from head to toe. He removed his mask. I straight away approached the doctor. “How’s my wife?” I clutched his hand.

 

“She’s in coma.”

 

“Is it serious?” I asked

 

“We don’t know yet. We can only conclude the seriousness of the damage when she wakes up and there is a high chance she may not wake up. I’m sorry.”He said and walked away while a nurse approached me and asked for the hospital stay procedure. I went to fill the form and headed to her room.

 

Once I entered, tears couldn’t stop forming in my eyes. There were bandages on her face and her head was wrapped with bandages. Her arm was in a cast and she has a few scratches on her face. Looking at her in this state really pains my heart.

 

When I finally was able to make it to the chair beside her bed, my face was already streaked with tears. “Soo-Yun will wake up. She’s a strong girl. She will wake up.” Jae-hyun said with a hoarse voice while her hand was on my shoulder.

 

“I believe she will wake up.” I said. Hongki placed his hand on my other shoulder and squeezed it lightly. “She’ll be fine hyung.” I nodded slightly and sat there holding her hand. I looked at her till I felt a hand pulling mine. I looked up to See Hongki. “Go home hyung. She’ll be fine.”

 

“I’m fine. You go home. I want to stay here and accompany her.” I said and turned back to look at Soo-Yun. Hongki then left with Jae-hyun. I sat there looking at her till I fell asleep.

 

The next morning, I was woken up the constant ringing of my phone. I took it out from my pocket and realized that it was my secretary, Mr. Jung. “Yoboseyo.” I walked out of Soo-Yun’s ward.

 

“Mr. Lee, where are you?”

 

“I’m not coming the next few days. I’ll call the CEO and explain it to him myself.” I hung up and called Appa.

 

“Appa. I’m taking a few days leave… Soo-Yun…. She’s in the hospital.” Appa talked to me for a while and he said she will tell Omma to visit. He promised to keep this from Soo-Yun’s Omma. I sat there doing the same thing and sat in the same way till I heard the door open. I turned to look at the door and saw Omma.

 

She had a weak smile hanging on her lips. She walked in towards the bed, wanting a closer look at Soo-Yun. I stood up, letting her sit on the chair. She sat down and caressed her face. “Poor thing. Why is she in this state dear?” Omma asked with care and concern in her voice. “She got into a car accident.” I looked down.

 

“Darling.” I looked up to see Omma standing up, looking at me. “It’s not your fault. Now what you have to do is go home. I’ll take care of her for you. Go home and shower before returning. If you fall sick who is going to take care of her. Your Appa say that you are only granted leave for 2 days after that you’re to return. I’ll take care of her when you return to work. I’ll inform you when something happens.”

 

“Omma…” I wanted to say something when she cut my sentence. “It’s final. Go home. She’ll be fine.” I lingered there for 5 seconds before turning around and went home. Soo-Yun, you must be alright.

 

I went home, shower and return. Omma then assured me that she’ll be fine. I stayed till the next day where Omma shooed me home again. I followed Omma’s orders and headed back to the hospital again. I stayed the next day till Omma came and went home to shower and go to work. I couldn’t concentrate at all. Everything going through my mind was that Soo-Yun’s going to be alright.

 

Appa then came into my office one day. “My son, treat this as a challenge to yourself. There are many obstacles in your life. You must overcome it. You must endure it.” He said and left my office. Every day after work I’d go to hospital and visit Soo-Yun. No matter how tired I am, I will go.

 

One month…

 

Two months…

 

Three months…

 

Soo-Yun was still lying on the bed, motionless. Once I started thinking that she would never wake up, my heart wrenches in pain.

 

This particular day, Appa decided to let me stay in the hospital with Soo-Yun. I entered the room to see Hongki and Jae-hyun by her bed side. I walked over and they allowed me to sit at the chair. I look her hand and look at her pale complexion. Tears started foaming again. I had a feeling of giving up. What If she doesn’t wake up? What if she died?

 

“Why Soo-Yun why? I love you so much. Why won’t you give me the chance to tell it to you? I don’t care if you don’t love me back. I just want to let you know I love you. I am willing to stay far away from you. As long as I know you’re alive and doing fine, I am willing to give up.” I cried and said. Hongki then wanted to pull me away, but I held tightly to Soo-Yun.

 

“Hyung…” Hongki said. It was the first time I acted like this in front of him. I was always seen strong in front of Hongki. Soo-Yun was the only person who’d seen my weak side.

 

Suddenly, I felt her fingers move. I opened my eyes in shock and stopped sobbing. “Soo-Yun can you hear me?” I went closer to her bed and looked at her closely. I saw her eyeballing moving from left to right behind her eye lids. There was then a drop of tear sliding from the side of her eyes.

 

She was reacting. There was finally reaction from her. I called her the doctor. He examined her and we stood outside, waiting for his good news. When he opened the door, I approached him. “There are slight improvements but the chances of her waking up are slim.” He walked away with the nurse following him. Hongki came up to me. ‘She will wake up. I can feel it.” He said. We walked back in to see her still the same.

 

When Hongki and Jae-hyun wanted to leave, I felt her fingers twitch again. I held on her hand tighter. It started off with one finger then 2 then 3. I looked up at her face and her eyes fluttered open. I was happy, elated. I pulled her into a hug straight away. “You’re finally awake.” I started tearing again. However, I felt a violent jerk, pushing me away from her. I looked at her. It was blur at first, but when I clean off my tears, I saw her face. The expression she always wore when she see me. “Don’t touch me.” That was what came out from .

 

I backed away and gulped my saliva. She’s back to her old self.  “Can you leave me alone for a while?” she said and I left the room with Hongki behind me. “It’s ok Hyung.” Hongki said and pat my back while I slide down and sat on the floor with tears staining my cheeks.

 

End of Jinki’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jinki left the room with Hongki following behind him. I looked at Jae-hyun who was giving me a very serious look. “What?” I asked with a very soft yet a little harsh voice.

 

“Must you really treat him this way?” She asked me. I remained silent and lay back on the bed, closing my eyes. I heard her sigh and it all became silent. I opened my eyes slowly to see her still there, looking at me. “Don’t hide from my question.” That’s all she said.

 

I sat up and looked at her. “This marriage is all a pact. I signed an agreement with Jinki that we will get a divorce once 2 years is up.” Jae-hyun’s face immediately showed a horrified expression. I looked at her and wait for the news to get absorbed into her brain.

 

“Are you for real?” she asked and I nodded my head. That left the room silent for a couple of hours. The door opened and in came Jinki and Hongki. Jinki had a piece of paper in his hands. He looked at me and passed it to me. I took a glimpse and it was our marriage contract.

 

“You can have it back. I’ll file for divorce tomorrow. You’ll regain your freedom.” He said, his tone very depressed. I looked at him, his eyes all red, skin pale. I nodded slightly and he asked me to rest well before all of them left the room. I looked at my phone at the bedside table. Should I call him? I thought for a while before deciding not to, or else he might change his mind.

 

The next morning, he came and as he promised, he brought the divorce documents and the lawyer. Both of us signed the papers and the lawyer left the both of us alone. Suddenly, Jinki extended his hand “Friends?” I looked at him for a while before giving him a genuine smile “Friends.” I shook his hand and he pulled me into a hug.

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jinki’s POV

 

I headed to the lawyer’s office early the next morning. He prepared the papers and we headed to the hospital. When Soo-Yun signed the papers, I felt my heart break into a million pieces. When she agreed on being friends with me, I felt happy instantly. She finally smiled at me. At least we’re still friends and she treats me better. I’ve already said even if it means that I have to love her from far away, I won’t mind.

 

End of Jinki’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

I got discharged from the hospital and both Jinki and I headed home. “This house is officially yours. I signed it under your name so it’s yours. Treat it as my wedding gift to you and your new husband.” He said and smiled.

 

“Thank you so much. I ‘ve been so bad to you and you’re still treating me so well.” I said. He just pats my head and took a few bags. “I’m moving back with my parents. Don’t forget to invite me to your wedding.” He smiled and left the house. I’m so sorry Jinki, I’m just not the right girl. I hope you’ll find her someday.

 

I thought of something. I went to my car and started driving. I stopped at a familiar building and got out. I looked at the specific window and thought. Should I go back? I walked slowly to the lift and went up. I pressed the bell and heard someone shouting from inside and the door opened. “Soo-Yun!!” Exclaimed Haemin. She pulled me into a hug causing me to almost die.

 

Then the crowd came. Eunhyuk, Yoora and Seungri. They were all shocked. Haemin pulled me into the house, forcing me to explain everything. I told them what happened and smiled. All of them were with who they love. Haemin Married to Eunhyuk and Yoora with Seungri.

 

“What are your plans?” I asked Yoora.

 

“We’re both going to America to further our studies. We both got the same scholarship for the same course.” She was happy and so was Haemin.

 

“Have you gone to Jaejoong?” Yoora asked me and the smile on my face faded. I shook my head. Suddenly, the door bell rang. Haemin had this scary smile pinned on her face and I know she’s up to no good. When she came back, she got the attention of all of us. She was pulling something, or should I say someone?

 

When I finally got to see who it is, I was shocked and so was he. It was like nothing was around us. Time stopped. I looked into his eyes and so did he. He took slow steps towards me and I cold vividly see the tears welling in his eyes. He pulled me into his warm embrace which I missed. I hugged him back and tears started staining both of my cheeks.

 

Both of us stayed like this for some time. Without us knowing, the 4 of them left the room, giving the both of us some space. It was silent. Neither of us spoke. I was sitting on his lap, sideways with my head on his shoulder, arms around his neck.

 

“I really missed you.” He said, breaking the silence. I gave him a smile. “I missed you too.” He hugged me by the waist, drawing me closer to him, afraid I would disappear again.

 

“Don’t do that ever again.” He said

 

“I will never leave you ever.” I said as he chuckled.

 

“Let’s get married.” The smile faded off my face as I pulled away from him. I gave him a weird look and he immediately panicked. He grabbed my wrist and I could only burst out laughing. His grip loosened. “You’re proposing like this?” I said.

 

He then pulled out a box and opened it, showing it to me. In the box, there was the earring I returned to him and 2 rings. I covered my mouth and gasped. He smiled and look at me. I hugged him and whispered in his ear “I accept.” He stood up and hugged my waist, turning around cheering. The other 2 couples came out to see what’s going on.

 

“You’re happy.” Haemin said and Yoora nodded in agreement.

 

“I’m getting married.” The other 2 couples then came and congratulate us.

 

“What will Jinki do? What about the press? Everyone knows you’re married.” Yoora stepped out saying.

 

I smiled “Jinki said we’re going to a press conference tomorrow, saying that the marriage is all fake. It’s just to promote the company. We’ve sealed the mouth of the registry of marriage and none of this will be found out.” All of them nodded.

 

The next day, I went to the press conference with Jinki, telling the press about it and saying that I’m getting married for real to another guy. I decided to tell him since he’d ask me to tell him when I’m getting married. I resumed my position in the company. However, I totally changed. I became more heartwarming. My staff were no longer scared of me. They respect me.

 

The day of my marriage, I invited so many people, that I need 2 halls. I got married a year after the press conference. Jaejoong was still in DBSK he said he doesn’t want to be living off me. I could only laugh. Omma was happy for me. She knew I didn’t like Jinki from the start and that everything is just an act. She gave a hug to Jaejoong. “Now I’m really leaving my daughter in your hands. Remember the promise you made with me.” She smiled and went to her seat. I looked at Jaejoong. “I’ll tell you when we get home.” I told Jaejoong about the house and he agreed and accept it. He knows Jinki so well that I think they’re always talking about me behind my back.

 

Jinki on the other hand moved on. He found a better girl. A girl who treasures him and love him for who he is. He took over his father’s company as his father decided to take a break alongside his wife. Jinki’s going on a honeymoon wedding. Seems like he won’t be coming back for a long time.

 

5 years later…

 

Jaejoong and I are living in that particular house waiting for our guests to arrive. The doorbell rang and everyone exclaimed “SURPRISE!” I got a shock but I just laughed it off. Its Haemin, Eunhyuk, Yoora, Seungri, Jinki and his wife Taeyun.

 

Haemin and Eunhyuk have 2 children. Twins to be exact a boy and a girl. Both of them are very loveable. And have 12 godfathers. Both of them are living together very happily.

 

Yoora and Seungri came back from America and are currently married. Both of them have their own jobs, but are as loving as ever. Yoora is understanding towards Seungri’s rumors and Seungri is understanding towards Yoora on her job.

 

Jinki and Taeyun finally got married. Taeyun is  currently pregnant and Jinki’s very happy with her. I know Taeyun from high school, but I never expected Jinki to know her, and even marry her. The both of them look very cute together. It would be very sad if the both of them didn’t get together.

 

Jaejoong and I on the other hand have 1 child and is a girl. We adopted another which is a boy and is older than the girl. Jinki and I agreed that it was good to break off the marriage as both of us finally found our true love.

 

All 4 couples found their true love and got married to the one they love. Jaejoong and Soo-Yun became more loving, treasuring all the time they have together, replacing the time they’d miss together…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An alternate ending

Hope readers enjoy this.

I posted this in request of a few readers.

So remember to Comment really for the last time.