16

Manage My Love

 

Previous chapter:

 

It was already Sunday. Since we were suppose to gather at the airport, I didn’t have to go over to their dorm. I left a note on the table telling Yoora and Haemin that I made food for them. They have to just heat it up. I entered the cab which I called for and headed to the airport…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

We were now on the plane, waiting for it to take off. I was sitting beside the window and on my right was Jaejoong. Although this was not the first time I was taking a plane and sitting first class, I was nervous. Very nervous to be exact. I will be alone with Jaejoong in the hotel room for 1 to 2 whole months. I don’t know what will happen to us during the next 1 to 2 months. I was rubbing my temples as all the thinking made my head ache.

 

“Are you ok?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“I’m fine. I’m just having a headache. After popping a pill and catching some sleep I will be fine.” I smiled and looked away. I looked out of the window for a few minutes. The plane is starting to move soon. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jaejoong holding a cup of water and pills.

 

“I asked the flight attendant for some water and these are headache pills. It’s very effective I use it when I am experiencing a headache.” He smiled and held out the item. I took the pills and water and ate the medicine. It was not long after when the flight attendant asked for the cup back as the plane was about to take off. Jaejoong then tapped me again. He passed me one of his IPods.

 

“Take this so that you won’t feel bored.” He smiled. However, I pulled mine out from my bag. He frowned a little and plugged back his ear phones. I listened to my music and drifted to sleep not long after. When I woke up, an hour had passed and I found a blanket covering me. If I am not wrong, it must have done by the courtesy of Jaejoong. He didn’t realize I was awake. He was doing something on his notebook. I wasn’t able to see as he turned it away from me. When I sat up, he jolted up and closed his notebook.

 

“You’re awake.” He gave an awkward smile.

 

“Why are you so nervous?” I asked while rubbing my eye.

 

“It’s… Nothing.” He stuttered.

 

“OK. I need to go to the toilet could you...” I was about to stand when he stood up and made way for me to walk. When I was done, I saw Yunho sleep on the other side. His mouth was opened wide and it was not a good sight to see. I tapped on Jaejoong’s shoulder and pointed to Yunho’s direction. He shook his head and asked the nearest flight attendant for a blanket. He then went over to Yunho and covered his face with the blanket. When I saw what he did, I almost wanted to burst out laughing.

 

“He’s always like that. It’s the only way to avoid him being embarrassed.” Jaejoong chuckled.

 

“I have never noticed it before.” I said while smiling.

 

“Because you were always asleep.” Jaejoong said. I nodded my head and looked out of the window. I smiled. The view was beautiful. Even though it was night time, I was able to see the clouds bellow me. I felt like I was in a fairy tale.

 

The flight lasted for 2 hours and 10 minutes.  I was talking to He-Ran on the way out as she didn’t really know how the manager of Rhythm Zone looked like. The Manager was late and the boys were bidding each other farewell. To be exact, they are bidding Jaejoong farewell for the moment. I could hear what they were saying from where I was standing.

 

“Take care Hyung.” Junsu hugged Jaejoong and Jaejoong hugged him back.

 

“Eat well.” Yoochun added when he too hugged Jaejoong

 

“Don’t over exert yourself.” Changmin hugged Jaejoong and Jaejoong patted his back.

 

“Don’t bully Soo-Yun” Yunho added while patting Jaejoong’s shoulder before giving him a hug.

 

“I won’t. She’s the only person I can lean on. I won’t make her life difficult.” Jaejoong smiled and after his sentence, the manager of Rhythm zone arrived and we bid each other good bye and went our separate ways.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Jaejoong broke the silence. We were in a car which will bring us to our destination. This car would be our form of transport in Japan and it’s not something that was paid by SM or Rhythm zone.

 

“Sure ask.” I said while looking through my stack of papers.

 

“Why are you able to go alone with me while He-Ran has to be accompanied by another manager from Japan?” He asked.

 

“I stayed in Japan for 5 years.” I said, not looking up at him.

 

“Really? Won’t your Japanese be good too?” He said smiling.

 

“It’s not that bad. “ I answered him. We were then enveloped by silence again. Jaejoong was listening to his IPod while I was still browsing through the papers. After around half an hour, I was finally done. I looked at Jaejoong and saw him looking out of the window. I asked the driver how long more to our destination. He said around 3 more hours. I then slouched back onto the seats and pulled out the knitted Cardigan and covered myself. From the corner of my eye I saw Jaejoong looking at me and the corners of his lips raised into a smile.

 

I woke up when the car came to a stop. I looked around and realized that we’ve reached our destination. The driver helped us with our luggages and gave me his name card so it would be easy for me to contact him about the time and venue of our whereabouts.

 

When we arrived at the check-in counter, there was no staff at all. We rang the bell and only after 5 minutes someone came to attend to us.

 

“We reserved a room for 2 months under SM entertainment.” I told the lady.

 

“Are you Ms Park Soo-Yun?” She asked politely. I nodded my head.

 

“Could I have your identification card?” She asked. I passed it to her and she received it with both hands. This is called good service. She then gave me a key card. Jaejoong and I then proceeded to the lift where there was a bell boy who offered to carry our luggages for us.

 

“We are sharing a room?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Yes. Unfortunately we are for the next 2 months.” I said.  Jaejoong stayed silent and from the reflection of the lift’s mirror I could see Jaejoong looking around awkwardly. When we reached our floor which was the second highest floor we turned left which was our room. There were only 2 doors on this floor and I hope that there would be 2 rooms.

 

I slashed the card through the slot and entered the room. When I place the card at the key slot, the lights automatically and I was shocked. The room was beautiful. I stepped in and got another shock. There was only 1 bed. This was bad. The room looked like a mini version of a house. There was a living room which has a short flight of stairs which lead to the only bed in the room. There is also a kitchen and a bathroom.

 

Since it was our first day at Japan, we had no schedule and we unpacked our things.

 

“You will take the bed” said Jaejoong when we were unpacking. I turned my head and faced him. I was about to speak when he interrupted me.

 

“I insist that you take the bed. You are a lady and a lady should not be found sleep on the couch if I really let you do that, I won’t be a gentleman.” Jaejoong said. I was debating with myself whether if I should allow this to happen. He’s a star and he needs to be healthy and energetic to overcome his packed schedule.

 

“Can’t you just take the bed?” I asked. He shook his head and I know how stubborn Jaejoong was ever since the jacket incident.

 

“Fine.” I said unwillingly. The day flew past quickly as we were busy packing our things and having fun. Not long after, Night time came. Both of us took turns to shower we ordered room service for dinner.

 

“You seem different from the usual you.” Jaejoong said.

 

“How different?” I asked.

 

“The way you act, the way you talk and your attire.” He said.

 

“What’s different?” I looked at myself I don’t find anything wrong.

 

“You seem so comfortable now. When you are with all of us, you seem so distant and you don’t seem to be comfortable with us.” He said while eating. I was sitting cross legged on the chair. I was wearing an oversized shirt and loose shorts. We had TV session after dinner.

 

When we finally decided to go to bed, it was already 11pm. Jaejoong took the extra comforter and pillow from the closet and made himself comfortable on the couch. I was able to see his every move from the bed as it was of a higher level. We switched off the lights but I the bedside lamp and took out my laptop. I turned it on and saw an e mail from Haemin. She asked me how I was doing and how was Japan so far. During the whole period of time when I was returning Haemin’s E-mail, I saw Jaejoong tossing and turning on the couch. When I was finally done, I switched off my laptop and stepped out of the bed. I walked towards Jaejoong and tapped him.

 

“Why not you take the bed, I can sleep on the couch.” I said. He just shook his head and closed his eyes.

 

“You won’t be able to sleep if you carry on being so stubborn.” I said.

 

“ Fine. If you want me to sleep on the bed I will make a deal with you.” Jaejoong said.

 

“What’s the deal?” I asked.

 

“You have to agree before I will tell you. If you don’t agree then I will sleep on the couch for the rest of the trip.” Jaejoong sat up and looked at me while he folded his arms.

 

I was hesitant about it. I don’t know if I should agree or should I just continue to sleep on the bed? In the end I decided…

 

“ok . I agree to your deal. Can you tell me what is it about now?” I asked impatiently

 

“I will sleep on the bed if you also sleep on the bed.” He said. I was not able to see his facial expression as it was very dark. I was so shocked with what he just said. Sharing a bed with him? Isn’t it wrong for a man and a woman to share a room, sharing a bed would make it worst.

 

“You cannot back out. You agreed.” Jaejoong said like a little kid.

 

“OK. ok can we go to sleep now, I am very tired.” I yawned. He slept on the left side while I slept on the right. I tried to go as far from him as possible. I know he won’t do anything to me but I just don’t feel safe.

 

The next morning I woke up at 6am by my body alarm. When I was about to sit up, I heard light snoring from the other side of the bed. I saw Jaejoong still Asleep. I got a shock and I remembered what happened yesterday. I pat my chest and went to take a shower and wash up. When I was done, it was going to be 6.30am soon. I was still drying my hair when I walked towards Jaejoong. I shook him lightly and he stretched before opening his eyes.

 

“We have to leave at 8am. Take a look at the room service menu before going to shower. I can call for room service while you are showering.” I said before heading to watch TV.

 

“I want omelette.” I heard him say while yawning.

 

“Got it. Hurry go and prepare.” I said before calling the driver. I told him to be at the hotel by 8am. He said he will and inform me if there were any delays. I hung up and used the hotel phone to call for room service.

 

“I will have an omelette set and a pancake set.” I said.

 

“Drinks? Hold on” I forgot about the drinks. I knocked on the bathroom door.

 

“Jae, what do you want to drink?” I asked outside the door.

 

“…” I heard murmurings but I couldn’t hear clearly.

 

“What? I can’t hear you clearly.” I said. Suddenly, He opened the door half with only a towel wrapped around his waist. I turned around, my face was flush red.

 

“I’m sorry. I will have a glass of milk.” Then I heard the bathroom door close. I rushed back to the phone and gave the lady the final order before hanging up. I held onto my face, it felt hot. I rushed to the closet to find my face flushed red. Suddenly Jaejoong appeared behind me and I jumped.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Jaejoong asked while drying his hair.

 

“Nothing.” I walked back into the living room and watch the TV. He sat down beside me and place his hand on the chair above my shoulder. We ate Breakfast in an awkward silence, but as usual he broke it.

 

“Can I try your pancakes? It looks delicious.” He asked. I instantly cut a piece and was about to place it on his plate when he said. “Feed me.” Then he opened his mouth waiting for me to feed him. I could not stop laughing. The longer I hang around him, the more I feel that he is like a kid. I fed him and he smiled at me yet again like a kid. He cut apiece of omelette and held it in front of me.

 

“What?” I asked. I was praying in my head that he won’t want to feed me.

 

“Feeding you.” He smiled. I shook my head, but he kept on holding it and I had no choice but to accept it.

 

In the car, I pulled out my laptop and started typing a daily report for SM. I don’t know what they want it for but I had to do it. I was wearing the cardigan he bought.

 

“You like it a lot right?” he said while playing games on his phone. I turned to look at him and gave him a puzzled look.

 

“The jacket.” He said. I smiled at him and went back to my work. When We arrived at our destination, there were a group of reporters outside the car.

 

“Not reporters again.” Jaejoong slumped back into his seat.

 

“Come on. Just for a few second put on a smile and walk through them. After passing, you can do whatever you want but not hit people.” I said seriously.

 

“Ok, ok “ He then opened the door and step out. He put on his fake appearance for everyone to see. Upon reaching his changing room, his face became emotionless again. Since it was an outdoor scene, their changing room were like a minivan. I stayed in the van till I was done with my report. There was a sudden surge of pain rushing up my back. I held on it and walked out of the van. I thought stretching would make it feel better but it made the pain worst. I held it in. I went to my bag and took my medicine. I sat in the van for a few minutes and felt better.

 

I went to the spot where Jaejoong was filming. I saw Han Hyo Joo at the side. I approached her when she saw me she waved frantically at me.

 

“Hey” I said. She hugged me.

 

“I haven’t seen you in a long time. How are you?” she asked

 

“I’m fine Unni. What about you?” I asked

 

“I’m just tired from all the filming. You are here with Jaejoong-sshi?” she asked again. I nodded my head and chatted for a while before she was up for her scene with Jaejoong. It was time to pack up in no time. I then called the driver to come pick us up. He was here in less than 10 minutes as he said he was nearby.

 

Suddenly the Director came up to us. “There’s no filming tomorrow. But don’t be happy there’s a huge thunderstorm tomorrow so don’t leave the house or you will be risking you life.” He said and walked off.

 

On the car trip home, I couldn’t help thinking of the thunderstorm tomorrow. I would be so dead. Thunderstorm of all things. In no time, we reach the hotel. I told the driver that he can stay home tomorrow since there is a thunderstorm. He nodded and drove off.

 

We went to shower and had dinner. I went downstairs to grab some groceries since I need time alone. We then had our boring TV session again. Suddenly Jaejoong spoke up.

 

“I have a feeling you are hiding something.” He said while facing the television. My eyes widen instantly. How does he know I am hiding something? Did I reveal too much to him these days to allow him to suspect? I will be so dead if he found out.

 

“I..” He wanted to say something when My phone rang. It was an unknown number but I answered anyway since I don’t have He-Ran’s number and this might be her. The moment I answered the phone I felt deaf.

 

“SOO-YUN!!!” shouted the other 4 members. I held the phone at least 50 cm away from my ear. I immediately the speaker so that Jaejoong was also able to hear the conversation.

 

“How have the two of you been doing?” Junsu asked.

 

“Better than ever” answered Jaejoong.

 

“Did the 4 of you mistreat He-Ran” I asked.

 

“Nope. I can assure that. She is really very nice.” Yunho said.

 

“That’s good to hear. At least you don’t hate her anymore.” I said.  We talked for at least 2 hours before I heard He-Ran asking them to head off to bed as tomorrow they have to rise early.

 

“Go on to sleep. Listen to He-Ran don’t make her life difficult. We shall talk again another time.” I said.

 

“Annyeong” Said the other 4 before we hung up. Since Both Jaejoong and I were laying on our stomach, I wanted to stand up when the pain came back.

 

“AH!” I said in pain. Jaejoong came rushing to me.

 

“Are you alright?” I was beside me.

 

“Get me my medicine from my bag.” I whimpered in pain. He rushed to my bag and brought along a bottle of water. I popped in a pill and gulped down half a bottle of water.

 

“What Happened?” Jaejoong asked with concern when he helped me up.

 

“It’s an old aliment. I hurt my back in High school.” I said.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us before?” Jaejoong almost shouted.

 

“It’s not important.” I said.

 

“What if you hurt yourself while working?” Jaejoong said.

 

“If you realized I never carry heavy objects. I only do clerk work.” I said.

 

“You are a girl of course you don’t have to do labour work.” Jaejoong exclaimed.

 

“You won’t understand. I’m tired I’m going to bed.” I said and yawned. I went under the covers and slept instantly.

 

The next morning, I woke up later than usual. When I woke up, I looked at the clock beside me it was already 9am. Jaejoong was still sleeping. I went to shower and when I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Jaejoong sit up and ruffling his hair. He turned around and saw me.

 

“Good morning.” He said and bow. I bowed back. Since when were we so formal with each other? I look outside and realize that the rain has yet to start yet. I decided to cook breakfast today since I got quite a few things from the supermarket round the corner. Since Jaejoong has yet to step into the Bathroom I went up and asked him what he wanted for breakfast.

 

“I can’t remember the menu. I have to take a look.” I pulled him back

 

“I am cooking today. So what do you want?” I asked with my hands on my waist.

 

He thought for a while before saying “Miyeok Guk.” He smiled.  I then headed to the kitchen and prepare. The kitchen had practically everything. From rice cookers to pots and pans. When Jaejoong was done showering, I just finished preparing.

 

“You will have to wait for a while. I haven’t start cooking yet.” I said.

 

“Alright. I will be watching TV in the living room.” He replied.

 

“Ok.” I answered. After Half an hour, I was done and set the food on the dining table.

 

“Jae, I’m done. We can have breakfast now.” He strolled to the kitchen and sat down.

 

“I have a feeling like we are on We got married.” Jae smiled.

 

“Really? The only thing missing is the hidden cameras.” I joked. We had a fun breakfast.  The rain started after Breakfast. It was at first drizzling, but it got heavier and heavier. I was sitting on the bed with the comforters covering my legs and typing the report. I close my laptop and started to get nervous. I was never good with rainy days. Especially when there are thunders.

 

I slid deeper under the covers. Suddenly, there was thunder. I screamed. I started shivering. I hid under the covers. I could not help but think of my Omma. She was always here when I am facing this trauma.  However, this time she was not here with me. I am all alone to face this problem. All alone again.

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I was watching TV in the living room when I heard a scream behind me. I stood up immediately and didn’t see Soo-Yun. I walked closer and closer to the bed. There was another strike of thunder and I heard another scream and it was coming from under the comforters.  The comforters seem like it was shivering. When I got closer, I heard sobbing. “Where are you Omma? Omma I need you. Omma.” It sounded like Soo-Yun. When I was at my side of the bed, I went on the bed and lifted the covers a little. I saw Soo-Yun crying under the covers. She was shaking and calling for her mother.

 

I tapped her and she turned around. Her cheeks stained with tears, while more tears are welled in her eyes.

 

“What happen?” I held her in my arms.

 

“Oppa. I’m scared.” She said and sobbed harder. I brought her into my arms and her hair softly to comfort her. To let her know that she is not alone. She was crying hard. She had never called me Oppa before. I was happy, yet I was worried for her. I have never seen the weak side of her. No matter what problems she faced, she will handle it herself she never liked the help of others. She is very independent.

 

She hugged me tighter when there was another boom of thunder. We stayed in that position for around 30 minutes, before I felt her sobbing die down. She fell asleep. I lay her in my arms, allow my hand to act as a pillow for her head. I looked at her features under the light that was given off by the table lamp. I caressed her tear stained cheeks and experienced that feeling again.

 

I experienced this feeling that I could not explain when I hugged Soo-Yun back at her dorm, and now when I look at her, I got this feeling again. My heart is beating faster and I can feel heat rushing up my face. Was this love? Am I starting to fall for Soo-Yun? I was thinking and I too feel asleep.

 

I then woke up in the evening.  I looked at Soo-Yun and she was still asleep. I recalled what happened in the early part of the days and unknowingly smiled at myself. I shifted a little and this caused Soo-Yun to stir. After a few seconds, her eyes fluttered open. She looked at me while I look back at her.

 

“Thank you Jae.” That was the first thing she said when she woke up. She sat up and pulled me into a hug.

 

“Thank you for being there when I need someone the most.” She said. I hugged her back.

 

“It’s ok. I will be here when you need me.” I said to her. We pulled apart. It drizzled rather than a heavy downpour now. I saw Soo-Yun standing at the window looking at the rain falling from the sky.

 

“Do you mind telling me why you were so afraid?” I asked while standing behind her.

 

“I… I don’t know.” She stuttered.

 

“It’s ok if you don’t feel comfortable. I will always be here when you need a listening ear.” I said. She smiled faintly at me. Since she was not feeling well, I decided to prepare dinner instead. I was quite fascinated by the kitchen. Even it looks small, it has more things than the kitchen in our dorm.

 

After dinner, we watched TV. We were watching this variety show when she suddenly spoke.

 

“I can tell you why I was so afraid.” She said. I immediately switched off the TV and looked at her.

 

“Can we not talk about it here? Can we talk on the bed?” she said softly.

 

“Sure.” I took her hands and led her to the bed. When both of us were comfortable, she started speaking.

 

“I was kidnapped when I was 7.” She started. “That night, it was raining very heavily. I was tied up in an old hut. The rain started coming in and the water level started to rise. I almost drowned, however, my father found me in time. All I know is that the whole night, there was thunder booming and it seemed like it was just above my head and it may just strike me anytime.” She said. It seems like she didn’t realize, but tears started flowing down her cheeks again.

 

I reached out and held her face. She closed her eyes and held my hand. I wiped away her tears and brought her into another embrace. I didn’t ask any further as it may hurt her even more. I want things to just remain this way forever. I just want time to stop at this particular moment forever.

 

It was soon night time. Her Back pain acted up again. She seems to be in greater pain when I brought her medication to her. I brought her back to the bed which she left not too long ago. She said she wanted to sleep. I wanted to leave her so that she was able to have some time alone. However, she pulled my hand.

 

“Don’t leave me alone, please.” She looked at me. Her eyes filled with fear. I nodded and joined her under the covers. She brought herself closer to me. I pulled her closer so she would feel warmer. She felt cold. Ice cold. Totally different from the hug I got at her dorm. The warm touch. I could feel her shivering again not long after.

 

“Omma. Omma. Where are you? I’m scared Omma.” She whispered in her sleep while she let another tear fall. I brushed it off her face and kissed her forehead. I won’t let you cry again. I will protect you…

 

Suddenly, her phone rang. I reached for it since it was just behind her head. I flipped it open and saw that it was a call from her mother. Since  she was asleep, I answered it for her.

 

“Yoboseyo, Kim Jaejoong speaking. Soo-Yun is currently asleep.” I said.

 

“Are you Jaejoong from DBSK?” her voice sound like Soo-Yun’s Gentle yet with a hint of strength.

 

“Yes. I am.” I said.

 

“I heard there was a thunder storm there in Japan. Is she ok” She said with a worried tone.

 

“She’s fine now. She was in a state of shock just now in the early afternoon. She kept on calling for you.” I said.

 

“Help me tell her that I’m sorry that I wasn’t there to be with her today.” She sounded a bit hoarse like she too was about to cry.

 

“I will.” I said.

 

“Can I ask a favour from you?” She asked.

 

“Sure. What can I do to help?” I asked.

 

“In the future, when there is a similar incident, I hope you will take my place to comfort her. I am not around her all the time. In the past she used to handle it alone. I hope now at least there is another person out there who will be able to comfort her in times like this.” She said.

 

“I will do the best I can. Soo-Yun means a lot to me and the band. I will do as must as I can to protect her.” I said.

 

“It’s good to hear. I shall not disturb you any further since it is already quite late. Good night and thank you.” She said before hanging up.

 

“Same to you and your welcome.” And I too hang up. I placed her phone back at its original position and looked at Soo-Yun. She seems strong but yet she seems to be hiding a lot of things from the band. I am determined to make her open up to me…

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~