25

Manage My Love

 

Yoora’s POV

 

Today, Seungri had overslept for God knows what reason. This was the fourth time this week and it was seriously getting on my nerves. I very nearly yelled at him in the morning because when I got to Big Bang’s dorm, even with three alarm clocks I couldn’t wake him up. I sat on the car huffing while the others didn’t dare to speak a word just by looking at my livid face.

 

Finally, when we arrived at the set, we already late and the director was pretty mad. I kept bowing and apologising. I sat at one corner messaging my temples while Big Bang was briefed on how their music video was to be shot. Sometimes I really wonder why I even opted for this job… While I had my eyes shut tight, I felt something icy on my hand. I looked up and saw TOP holding an ice pack out for me.

 

“Thanks. I really needed that. Are you guys done with the briefing? Who’s going to be the male lead this time?’

 

‘That would of course be the one and only me wouldn’t it?’ replied a prideful TOP.

 

I rolled my eyes and laughed. I started to loosen up a little while the boys prepared for shooting. Their music video for today would be for their latest single, a love song describing about how a boy misses his ex girlfriend and wishes to be back with her. I sighed as I thought about how sweet the lyrics were and wished there’d be someone who’d love me that much too. I must have dozed off for a minute or two, because when I opened my eyes, the set was in a state of chaos.

 

I pulled myself off the couch and asked the nearest producer what was the entire ruckus about. ‘The female lead has gotten food poisoning and we’re desperately looking for another suitable one. What’s worse, the director’s really strict about his choices of female leads. If they don’t meet his standards, no matter how pretty she is, he won’t film it.’

 

I guess, it’s no wonder the director looked as if he swallowed a thousand red peppers. I sighed and headed over to check on the boys. TOP was skulking – probably because he would have to postpone his kiss with a beautiful girl, G Dragon was writing lyrics for his upcoming solo album, Taeyang was busy playing his PSP with Daesung and Seungri appears to be sleeping. Just as I was about to approach the sleeping Seungri, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to come to face the famed Director Im.

 

I bowed deeply and his face was noticeably softer. He eventually smiled while I looked at him puzzled. ‘This is the girl! She’ll be the female lead,’ he exclaimed while my eyes went wide with shock.

 

‘I’m sorry Director Im but I think I’ve heard you wrongly. I thought I just heard you saying that I’m going to be the female lead.’

 

‘You’ve heard right and I won’t take no for an answer!’

 

I stood there, stunned for a moment while everybody started crowding around me, congratulating me on being picked to be the female lead. G Dragon was so happy that he came to hug me. But there was a huge problem. I was never good in front of cameras and worse when being filmed! I paled while the bleary eyed Seungri looked at me curiously. TOP whisked me aside while the rest of the crew readied themselves for filming to begin.

 

‘Hey, why do you look so upset? Shouldn’t you look a little happier since you’re about to kiss the iest man alive?’ he joked.

 

I eyed him wearily and punched him in the arm. He rubbed his arm before I went back into my state of mind. Taeyang being the more sensitive the others, came over and studied my face carefully. ‘I know you may feel really uncomfortable in front of the camera but please, if you’re willing to be the female lead, it would save you another day of trouble…’

 

I considered his words for a moment. I am the manager of Big Bang. I’m suppose to solve their problems, not create more trouble. I sighed. ‘Okay. I’ll do it but I’d want it to be over and done with ASAP got that?’

 

End of Yoora’s POV

 

Seungri’s POV

 

Yoora’s so much like an angel. For more than once, I’ve felt like selfishly keeping her by my side and not sharing her with the others…  It really breaks my heart seeing how hard she works just to keep us in line. And now, just because of one stupid director, she has to kiss TOP? That’s totally out of line and not within her responsibilities! I have to do something about it or I swear my heart would really break.

 

‘Director Im, could you please choose someone else for the female lead?’ I quietly requested.

He gave me a look which clearly suggested that he thought I was mad. I wasn’t that easily daunted. Since he was unwilling to change the female lead, perhaps he would change the male lead. Again, he gave me that queer look. I was really at my wits’ end. I really wanted to scream. Suddenly, I felt all eyes on me. Whoops, I must have really screamed out loudly. Yoora turned at looked at my burning face while I hurriedly walked out of the set with the excuse to use the toilet.

 

I ran to the toilet, avoiding all eye contact. When I had stolen a glance at Yoora, I couldn’t get her stunning image out of my mind – not that she wasn’t gorgeous on every other day. The producers had given her a tight fitting dress which emphasised on her curves. Why couldn’t I be the male lead instead? Sometimes, I really felt that God was really unfair towards me…

 

There came a knock on the door, snapping me out of my fantasies. I opened the door to come face to face to a familiar yet unfamiliar face. I took a closer look and realised that I was staring at Yoora whose facial attributes have been subtly highlighted with makeup. She was so beautiful that I found it hard to stop myself from kissing her. ‘What’s up?’

 

Yoora looked away with her face showing hints of pink under the foundation and pointed in a direction. My eyes followed the direction that she was pointing in… my zip was ped! My face flushed as I rushed to cover up. When I was done, I cleared my throat to signal to her that I was done.

 

‘Seungri, is something bothering you?’ she asked with voice, soft as silk.

 

I shook my head but she still watched me with concerned eyes. ‘Really Yoora, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.’

 

She sighed before she had her eyes downcast. I knew she wasn’t happy. It really broke my heart that she had to go through all with the filming just because of one sick model… But when she looked up again, she wore a very warm smile which melted my heart. I really got to do something. But what can I do? I wasn’t the one who called the shots here. It was the director and I couldn’t possibly offend him could I?

 

Yoora, just wait for me, I promise I’ll never let Choi Seung-hyun’s lips get anywhere near yours. Today, Yoora seemed a little different. She closed the distance between the two of us. It was getting hard to breathe. My breath caught in my throat as I backed away. I couldn’t promise anyone that I’d keep my hands off her if she were to come any closer. I shut my eyes and backed further away. Her tinkling laugh filled the air was when I opened my eyes again.

 

She was now so close that I could smell her perfume really distinctly. It really reflected her personality, lively and warm. ‘Seungri, relax will you. I was just playing with you. Well, I’ve got to go now. Try and relax won’t you. Don’t worry about me.  I just want to get it all over and done with as quick as possible.’

 

She turned and was about to leave me… I couldn’t resist it. I grabbed on to her, never ever wanting to let her go. She looked at me then glanced at the hand at the wrist. The world seemed to have came to a stop as our gaze met. I pulled her into my embrace and held her there. She didn’t seem to mind so I held her even tighter. I didn’t want to ever let go of her. I figured that we were fitting pieces of a puzzle as her neck fitted exactly at my shoulder.

 

End of Seungri’s POV

 

Yoora’s POV

 

I was immediately whisked into the changing room with a set of clothes. I sighed once more and checked on the clothes that they have given me. To my horror, it looked really small and tight fitting. I couldn’t possibly wear that! I opened the door and stopped when I saw a smirking TOP lurking just outside. It would appear that I really had no choice but to change into the compromising outfit. I pulled off my jacket, then my shirt along with my jeans. I slipped into the dress and the shoes they had also given me. It was a pair of six inch stilettos and I predicted it was going to give me hell especially since I had never worn anything higher than one inched heels.

 

I studied myself in the mirror. The reflection showed a woman with legs that seemed a mile long in and curves where they were suppose to be. Was that really me? I must have taken a really long time because there was a knock on the door. I peeked out while holding on to the front of my dress – it was really low cut. It was TOP and he seemed really happy about something. I eyed him wearily. He simply smiled before he spoke. ‘My, my! Doesn’t someone look smoking hot?’

I ignored his comment and gave him a death glare. He chuckled and started dragging me somewhere. ‘Hey! Where are we going?’

 

‘To get you made up of course!’

 

Make up? Nobody told me I was going to be made up! I tried to stop TOP but he laughed and pulled harder. ‘Now, now Yoora, don’t be a stubborn cow. If you continue, I’ll carry you to the stylist.’

 

‘You wouldn’t dare!’

 

He threw his head back in laughter and lifted me from behind my knees. I shrieked. ‘CHOI SEUNG-HYUN! PUT ME DOWN THIS SECOND OR I SWEAR I’M GOING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL!’

He ignored me and slung me across his shoulder while the other people on the set laughed. Blood rushed to my head as I pounded against his back. After what seemed like eons, he let me down and plunked me on to a chair in front of a mirror. All the stylists starting crowding around me and I very nearly flinched. It was such a torturous thing to be under the scrutiny of the other unnies who started working on my eyebrows although I personally felt that there was nothing wrong with them. I squirmed like a worm while they tried to work on my face. I should never have agreed to this!

 

I heard snickering in the corner and I ly to have the makeup artist get even more frustrated. Finally, the process was over. I slowly opened my eyes and was positively shocked by my reflection. My eyes had been magnified while my lashes had lengthened at least by twice and the double eyelids deepened. My cheekbones that were previously been hidden came out of hiding. I looked really stunning! Disgusted as I was with the whole idea of applying makeup, I had to agree that it really did wonders to my face. I smiled appreciatively at the artist who now had an uneasy look on her face. ‘Is there a problem?’

 

‘Your hair… it’s okay. It’ll be easily fixed in a jiffy,’ promised the makeup unnie.

 

When she saw my look of dismay, she gave gentle smile. It calmed me a little. Not too soon, the hair stylist appeared. He took a look at my hair and gave a disapproving look. I cringed as I thought: was my hair really that terrible? This morning, I was in such a rush that I merely took a pencil to stick my hair into a bun. He pulled out the pencil and allowed my hair to come tumbling down. His eyes started burning bright. ‘Honey! You have lovely hair. It shines but the problem is that it lacks volume! What a pity! Not to worry dear, I’ll make sure your mother wouldn’t recognise you with your enhanced beauty!’

 

His short examinations have been punctuated with so many exclamation marks that I didn’t know whether or not to take him seriously. He brought out clips and began pinning up my hair. He then brought out a curler, all ready to transform me. I watched myself slowly transform in the mirror. Indeed, after he was done with my hair, there was much more volume and I really loved it. I stood up and bowed.

 

The members of Big Bang crowded around me, as if looking at a masterpiece.

 

‘Wow Yoora, you’re so… WOW! Who would have thought that you were a gem hidden by the dirt,’ complimented Daesung.

 

I realised then that someone was missing. ‘Has anybody seen Seungri?’

 

They all shook their heads. Sometimes, I really wondered whether they cared about one another but of course, maybe they could have argued while I was busy being dolled up. I took a step forward and almost twisted my ankle. I looked down at the cursed pair of shoes. I couldn’t possibly be able to find him if I were to be handicapped by them. I bent down and undid the buckles. I stepped out of the shoes and wriggled my toes to get some feeling back into them.

I hung the stilettos on my finger tips as I began my search for the missing member. I walked around the set, ignoring the staring on-lookers. I then tried my luck at the toilet. The door was closed so I knocked. There was the shuffling of feet and the door opened.

 

‘What’s up?’ he asked.

 

I’ve finally found him but in a very awkward situation… his fly was undone! I felt my face heat up and pointed. I turned away hoping that the makeup would hide my blush. After awhile, I heard him clear his throat before I knew it was safe to turn around. I looked up. ‘Seungri, is something bothering you?’ I asked, for I noted that he looked rather forlorn.

 

Seungri shook my head but I still watched him with weary eyes. ‘Really Yoora, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.’

 

Although he was reassuring me that he was fine, I could tell that there was something up with him. I sighed at his reluctance to tell me the reason why he was so upset. It really saddened me that the Seungri who used to tell me everything was hiding something from me. Was it because I was going to be female lead? Was it because TOP was going to kiss me? But why? He had always been like an oppa to me… No, I’m not gonna upset him further. I looked up and smiled a warm smile, hoping he’d be a little happier.

 

His eyes softened after seeing my smile but I still wasn’t sure he was going to be alright. Maybe a hug will soften him further – I would always give him a hug whenever he feels down because I knew it reminded him of his noona. I moved closer and his eyes widened while he started to move back. He must be playing around. Since he wants to play, I’d play along too. I stepped even closer and watched him press against the wall. He had his eyes closed and looked so uncomfortable, I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

His eyes snapped open at the sound of my open laughter. ‘Seungri, relax will you. I was just playing with you. Well, I’ve got to go now. Try and relax won’t you. Don’t worry about me.  I just want to get it all over and done with as quick as possible.’

 

I turned and was about to leave when his warm hand wrapped around mine, stopping me. I looked at him squarely in the face before glancing at the hand around my wrist. Our gaze met before it seemed like my heart stopped beating. He pulled me closer and into his arms. I knew something must have upset him really badly so I stood stock still. He tightened his arms around my waist like he didn’t ever want to let me go.

 

For some reason, I didn’t want to let him go but I knew I had to. I pushed him a little but he only tightened. ‘Ri, let me go. What’s the matter?’

 

‘Yoora, I’ve… I’ve bottled up my feelings for long enough! From the day the day that I’ve met you, you’ve always been running through my mind. Even when you’re standing right in front of me, I would still feel that you’re missing! I really really like you and I won’t let TOP anywhere near you.’

 

I stumbled backwards, thoroughly shocked by his confession. What was he saying? How could he do this to me? I pushed his circled arms away in bid to get away. I needed to clear my thoughts… My form of help came with the director coming along to brief me on how the music video was to be filmed. He fetched me to the front of the camera while I turned to see Seungri’s forehead creased between the eyebrows. I sighed as I sat there waiting - pulled on my shoes - for the filming to start. The first scene to be shot was a scene at a pub. I was to sit there, pretending to be a regular clubber who is attracted by TOP.

 

For me, I was just grateful that I didn’t have to dance because I knew I was a terrible dancer. The director probably knew that because he had seen me already having trouble walking in those ridiculous shoes.