51

Manage My Love

 

 

He looked up with his eyes all shiny. “I…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at him blinking a few times. He slipped his legs out of the covers to the side of the bed. His legs touched the floor and he tried standing up. I could hear him hissing in pain. He slowly walked towards me. In less than 2 steps away, his legs gave way and he was about to fall when I caught hold of him. “I’m sorry.” He apologised. I smiled weakly at him and helped him up.

 

I supported him to the dining room where the other 2 were talking happily. “What’s wrong hyung?” Hongki asked. Jinki shook his head lightly and we all started eating.

 

“Soo-Yun, your Japchae Is the most delicious Japchae I had.” Hongki smiled and continued eating. I gave him a polite smile and look at Jinki who looked like he’s eating In difficulty. He has his hand on his bruise. He would wince a little when he raises his hand. I put down my chopsticks and folded my arms leaning back.

 

Jinki looked up and looked at me. I mouthed. “Go back to your room.” He tilted his head a little and he stood up. “Hyung where you going?” Hongki asked with Noodles dangling out of his mouth. “I’m not feeling well. I’m going up to rest.” He turned around and walked up. The maid walked to me and she brought the noodles back to the kitchen.

 

When I was done, I asked the maid to place the bowl of noodles on a tray and follow me. I opened the door to our room and asked her to place the tray on the table in front of the bed. The maid bowed and closed the door. Jinki was sitting with his back against a pillow which was leaning on the bed frame.

 

I scooped some noodles into a smaller bowl which I instructed the maid to prepare and some ingredients like beef, spinach and carrots. I went to his side of the bed where a stool was located. I sat on it

 

“What?” He asked when I extended my hand so the noodles were in front of his mouth. “You don’t want to eat? It’s fine by me.” I wanted to pull back when he opened his mouth slowly, I started feeding him slowly.

 

When he was done, I called for the maid to bring it down. “Are you going to school tomorrow?” He nodded his head and I just left him there alone. When I returned to my room, I heard my phone ring. It was Appa. What does he want with my life now?

 

“Appa.”

 

“In 2 weeks time, Jinki would be announced as the next heir to the Lee family’s hotel chain business. The marriage between the both of you will also be announced so you get ready for it. I will tell you again the exact date.” And he hung up. I didn’t even get to say anything. What is going on with my life? I slumped on my bed thinking. Looking at the clock it was already 9pm. I changed into my pajamas and found Jinki sleeping. I slid into the other side of the bed and feel asleep in no time.

 

When I woke up the next morning, Jinki was still sleeping. How many hours of sleep does he need? I took a shower and returned to our room to pick an outfit for him to go to school. When I was done, I left it where I always do and headed down to prepare breakfast. When I finished preparing, I left a box on the bar top counter. I then started my mundane routine and Jinki came down all changed and ready to go. However, he walked a bit slower due to his injury. He sat down and ate his breakfast in silence. When He was done, he walked to the door without talking. Is he going to take the public bus in this state? Is he crazy? I took the box from the counter and asked him to stop walking. He stopped and turned around and looked at me. I shove the box into his hand. “Lunch.” I said and walked out of the door.

 

I went toward my car and he got in. “You don’t have to send me to school.” He said softly. “And why? Let you get beat up on the bus or faint out of nowhere? I don’t have so much time to go visit you in the hospital.” I said and started driving.

 

When we’ve reached school, there were still stares from students. “Don’t get into trouble.” I warned him coldly as he alighted. He turned back, nodded his head slightly and walked off. I then drove out of school, but then stopped by this group of guys blocking the road. I recongise them. They were the group of guys whom surrounded my car towering Jinki yesterday.

 

I stopped my car to see them not moving away. I looked at them and they looked at me. We stayed like this for at least 3 seconds before the ‘leader’ of the group approached my car door. “Get out.” He said sternly. I got out and looked at him. “I know who you are.” He said. I kept quiet still looking at him.

 

“You’re the child prodigy, Park Soo-Yun.”

 

“So?”

 

“You graduated from our school. You’re my age. Even younger perhaps.” He caressed my face. I slapped it away. “Playing hard to get?” He reached his hand out again and I twisted it and brought it to his back. He screamed in pain. “Who would be interested in bastards like you?” I let go and he ran back to his friends and they back away.

 

“If you dare to bully Jinki don’t regret it.” I said as they ran away. I dust my clothes and drove home. When I reached home, it was quiet. I asked one of the maids where was Hongki and Jae-hyun. “They left after breakfast. “

 

“Together?” I asked and she nodded. She bowed and went back to her work. It seems like I will be bored at home again. I looked around the first floor where they were more things I can do. I looked at the gym and decided to work out a little. After exercising for 2 hours, I took a shower and decided to play the piano.

 

It seems like I was so engrossed in the piano that I didn’t realize time flew past. I only knew when my phone rang. I looked at the screen and Saw Jinki’s name. I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 3pm.

 

“Jinki.”

 

“Are you picking me up today?” He asked nicely.

 

“Now?” I asked.

 

“I have to go to the office now. After that I’m going home.”

 

“Ok. The place I parked yesterday.” I hung up. I then got my car and drove to his school. When I saw him, he was carrying bunch of things.

 

“Did you skip school and go shopping?” I asked and he shook his head furiously. I drove off and he kept quiet. I helped him bring the things inside and I caught a glimpse of a card. So now he has Fans in school? I remembered I had a fan club and it was chaos.

 

He brought it to his room and left it there. When he came down the steps, he seemed fine so I didn’t care. At 6pm, Hongki and Jae-hyun came back laughing. Jinki was in his room studying I guess and I was sitting in the living room doing nothing.

 

I decided to not disturb them so I want to return to my room when Jinki came out of his room. “Umm…” I turned around and saw him holding a book in his hand. “Can you help me?” He asked nicely. I looked at the book and at him. I walked towards him and he just stoned there.

 

“Why are you standing here? If you want me to help then go in.” I said and he woke up from dream land. He was a bright student from what I can see. I explained once and he understood. “Is that all? If it is I’m leaving.” I turned around and left him room and went into mine to read my book.

 

Suddenly, there’s a knock on my door. “Come in.” There stood Butler Kim. “Dinner is ready madam.” I nodded and got off the bed ready to head down when I saw one of the maids knocking on Jinki’s door. “I’ll handle this. You can go down.” I said to her and she nodded her head before leaving. I don’t knock on his door so I opened it.

 

I saw his head being supported by his fist. However, he was not awake. I smirked and walked towards him. He was indeed sleeping. Seeing his work was almost done. I stood behind him, hands on his shoulder and shook him violently. He jerked up and turned around with flaming eyes. When he saw it was me, the flames died down.

 

“Dinner’s ready.” I said and left the room. Dinner was quiet, however, I noticed Jae-hyun and Hongki makes eyes at each other. It was weird. I was the first to finish so I excused myself and went back to my room. I took my phone and looked at the wallpaper. It was still Jaejoong and I. I had never changed the picture. This picture brings back too many memories.

 

I suddenly remembered what I promised Yoora. I promised to call her but I forgot about it. I dialed her number and it was connected. “Yoboseyo, Yoora imnida.”The person spoke on the other side.

 

“Yoora, I’m Soo-Yun.” I said

 

“Soo-Yun?” she said softly, I assume she doesn’t want Haemin or anyone else to hear.

 

“I’m sorry for calling you after so long. I had things to settle.”

 

“It’s ok. How are you doing?” She asked with a very soft tone.

 

“I’m good. It’s just I’m not happy. Are you free anytime soon? I would like to talk to you.” I said as I thought of an idea.

 

“Erm… how about later? I’m free now. Meet at Starbucks round the corner?”

 

“Sure. I’ll see you then.”

 

“Ok see you.” We hung up and I went to prepare. When I was done, I opened the door and got a shock. Jinki was standing there getting ready to knock the door when I opened it. He jumped back a little. “You trying to scare me to death?” I asked. He shook his head. “What do you want? I’m in a rush.” I said. I was running a little behind time. He passed me this box. “What is it?” Since it was wrapped up nicely and has no labels. “Chocolates.” He said softly. I didn’t have time to keep it. “Place it in the mini fridge there. I need to go now.” I said and walked past him after he nodded his head. I practically ran out of the house to my car.

 

When I got there, Yoora waved, signaling me to go over. I went over and she looked at me from head to toe. “What?” I asked as I sat down. She shook her head. “Now tell me everything.” She said with stern eyes.

 

“I’m … married.” I stuttered.

 

“WHAT?!” She exclaimed so loudly that everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us. It was so silent that you could even hear people’s breathing. “shhh…” I said ad everyone turned back to what they were doing after I bowed at them, apologizing.

 

“You’re married? To whom? It must be your father’s doings. Does Jaejoong know?” She started talking at bullet train speed. All I can do was hit her hand and she stopped talking. “Sorry.” She apologised.

 

“It’s ok. I’m married to Jinki. Remember the one on the newspaper? That’s him. It’s my father’s doing alright. No one knows other than you. This news will be announced to the public in 2 weeks. “I said, feeling sad. This was not the life I wanted to lead when I grow up. I thought when I graduated from school I would get my freedom. However, it’s all my wishful thinking.

 

“Cheer up. You will get through this.” Yoora said and placed her hands above mine, patting it lightly…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is the story too draggy?

I feel so

Maybe I should cut down on the details

Comments please.

Tell me how you feel about it.

I can change.