18

Manage My Love

 

Haemin’s POV

 

It was yet another busy day for us. But it was not the busiest day we had, since we have the time to eat dinner at Sapphire Ruby. The boys seem to have a lot of fun. We were able to afford to eat at the restaurant because I decided to not return to my dorm today, as no one will be home again. Yoora called and said that she won’t be returning home, so I decided to stay at the boy’s dorm. We finished at 10.45pm. By the time we reached our dorm it was already 11.30pm. I asked them to go back first. They at first insisted that they would buy what I need for me. They took care of me for the whole day and I feel very bad about it. They are acting this way as they thought I was still feeling sick. Donghae then said he wanted to tag along. I didn’t agree, as he will get found out. However, he still came along.

 

It was a good thing he came along. He was able to help me bring the things back. I bought quite a number of things. If Donghae didn’t come along I doubt I would be able to bring it all back. Upon reaching the dorm building, we sat at the lobby and chatted a little.

 

“So how is life coming along for you?” Donghae asked while sipping his coke.

 

“It’s ok. Not as bad as I thought it is.” I said.

 

“Are you currently attached?” He turned and looked at me. I shook my head.

 

“The last one was a bad experience I decided to take a break for a while.” I said.

 

“Oh. It’s logical. But are you in love with anyone now?” Donghae asked again. I didn’t know why I was so comfortable with him and answered ever question he asked.

 

“I don’t know if I really like him, but I want to be around him all the time. I want to see him everyday.” I said, while smiling to myself. However, I didn’t manage to notice the change of expression on his face.

 

“What if someone confess to you?” Asked Donghae. I was thinking about the answer. I didn’t know why he was asking all this. I didn’t feel the need to answer him but I want to answer it.

 

“I don’t know. But I won’t push him away for one and I would consider about it depending on the person.” I answered.

 

“What if it’s me?” Donghae asked giving me a serious look. I turned to look at him. I didn’t know if he was joking or he was serious about the last sentence he said.

 

I burst out laughing and holding my stomach. “Donghae you are really very funny.” I laughed non-stop. However, he was not joking about it he still had the serious look on his face.

 

“I’m not joking about it.” He said. I then stopped laughing. I looked at him and his eyes were piercing into mine. I felt a surge of cold rush through my back. I was unable to say anything. I was dumbfounded.

 

“I…I…” I stammered and looked down. He placed both his hands on my shoulder and turned my body towards his direction. I was not able to look at him. Dating a member is not something small. If it’s found out by any of the fans and by the company I don’t know what the consequences will be.

 

“Haemin, I…I… I liked you for a long time. I’m not joking about it. I may seem to joke most of the time, but this time it’s no joke. I really like you and I hope you feel the same way too. I hope you don’t reject me straight on the spot. I hope you reconsider about it.” Donghae said. I looked up to see a pair of tear-rimmed eyes. I don’t know what to do. I have to really think about this. I don’t know if it’s wise to start another relationship and it is with someone whom I will work with for some time.

 

“I…I…I need sometime to think about it. Give me sometime. I am really confused now.” I said, grabbed the bags and went up. The situation in the lift was very awkward. I didn’t dare to look at him at all. I have been treating him like an older brother since the time I became the manager of the group. I left the bags in the kitchen, told Ryeowook that I bought more groceries for the next few days and went into my room. I immediately pulled out my laptop and saw Soo-Yun still online. I immediately video called her.

 

“Hey what’s up?” She said. I saw her smiling.

 

“Your room looks cool can I have a view?” I asked trying to make her not so agitated first. She gave me a view on the room.

 

“Isn’t it cool? It’s like a mini house.” She said.

 

“Where’s Jaejoong?” I asked trying to ensure that we were alone.

 

“He’s showering. He takes forever to shower so we can have talk time alone.” She laughed.

 

“How long does he take? It can’t be as bad as me.”  I said while laughing along.

 

“You don’t know. It’s more horrible than you. It takes him 45 minutes to shower and wash his hair. He’s worst than me.” She exclaimed.

 

“That’s bad. Is he even a guy?” I asked while laughing hard.

 

Suddenly Soo-Yun stopped laughing. “What makes you call at this point of time? There must be something wrong. Spill.” She said.

 

“Ok. You got me. Can you wear headphones or something? It’s very personal.” I said while I looked for mine. I saw her plugging in her headphones while I too plugged in mine.

 

“What is it about that you seem so serious?” She asked. She sounded light hearted but she looked very serious.

 

“It’s about Donghae.” I said.

 

“What about him? I have never heard you mentioning anything bad about him.” She said, trying to think back.

 

“He… He…” I hesitated. I don’t know if I should tell her. I decided to since I have no one to pour it out to.

 

“He confessed.” I said. She gave me a puzzled look.

 

“About what? He stole your food?” She asked chuckling a bit. I glared at her a little and she went back to serious mode.

 

“He confessed that he likes me.” I said getting softer and softer after each word.

 

“What? I can’t hear you.” She said. I bucked up my courage and told her.

 

“Donghae confessed that he likes me.” I said again. This time louder so that she can hear. After I said it out there was a long silence.

 

“Oh my god.” That was the first thing she said. Then came a long silence again. I didn’t know what to say. I can’t tell her whom I like. It would be more shocking then.

 

“Do you like him back?” she asked me.

 

“He’s just like an older brother to me. He’s just like Min-Joon.” I said.

 

“Then why are you hesitating? I know you don’t want to hurt his feelings, but I know Donghae is someone who can let go easily. You can still be friends with him.” Soo-Yun said.

 

“I don’t know who to face him after that. I will feel that our relationship as friends has been broken down.” I said.

 

“Just try to be comfortable with him. He’s a very cheerful guy. You are also very cheerful. This kind of thing won’t destroy the both of your relationship.” Soo-Yun said.

 

“I don’t know how to tell him.” I said. It was hard to tell him as the hope I saw in his eyes, it was glowing…

 

End of Haemin’s POV

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

I was tired and felt very hard to breathe. I decided to then go down to breath in fresh air. When I exited from the lift, I saw Donghae and Haemin talking. I decided to go over and give them a scare. However, I heard Donghae confessing to Haemin.

 

I didn’t know why but I decided to stay on at the near by pillar to listen to what they are talking about. Haemin told Donghae that she needs time to think about it and she left a while later. I didn’t know why but I heaved a sigh of relief when I realised that Haemin didn’t agree to it. However, I was interested in what answer will she give Donghae after she has sorted her feelings.

 

I then decided to continue with my walk to clear my mind. Suddenly, I heard someone call my name. I turned around and say a girl around 16 to 17 years old running towards me. Must be an E.L.F. I thought I smile and signed in her book.

 

“I envy your manager Unni.” She said.

 

“Why are you envy of her?” I asked while chuckling a little.

 

“Because she is able to interact with all 13 of you and she will see all of you all the time.” She said. I ruffled her hair.

 

“But Unni doesn’t like us like how all of you do. “ I said and smile.

 

“Do you like Manager Unni?” She asked.

 

“Yes, I like her as a friend, as a Dongsaeng.” I said. However, when I said that I felt like I was lying to myself. She took a picture with me and ran off. She was really adorable. I went back to the dorm to rest since I don’t know what tomorrow brings…

 

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

 

Haemin’s POV

 

I felt so much better after talking to Soo-Yun, since she and Jaejoong are so funny. After Jaejoong was done bathing, He wanted to sleep but since Soo-Yun didn’t turn off the lights, he wasn’t able to sleep so he turned it off. Soo-Yun then went to turn it on again. They started fighting like a couple. I could not stop laughing.

 

“Haemin, tell Soo-Yun to not disturb me. I’m really tired. I really want to sleep.” He whined and pouts. I could not stop laughing. They are really cute and funny.

 

“Ok. Ok. Soo-Yun let Jaejoong sleep I talk to you another time. Keep in contact through e mail ok?” I said.

 

“But… ok. Ok. I talk to you soon.” She said and we ended the call. Before she ended, I heard her shout. ”Yah!” I think Jaejoong is in deep trouble. I was still laughing. I turned off my laptop and decided to go and sleep since it was nearing 1am.

 

The next day, someone’s voice waked me up. “Haemin, Haemin, wake up.” I opened my eyes slowly and saw Ryeowook.

 

“Haemin, Breakfast is ready. Everyone is waiting for you.” Ryeowook said.

 

“Tell them to start without me. I still have to shower.” I said while rubbing my eyes. I hen dragged myself into the bathroom while Ryeowook went to tell the others to start without me.

 

When I reached the table, the only ones left were Ryeowook, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Sungmin. I decided to tell Donghae my answer at the end of the day. “Donghae, at the end of the day I need to talk to you.” I didn’t look at him, but rather I was looking at my rice bowl.

 

Breakfast was silent as everyone was rushing to prepare to leave the house. Since I was already ready, I went to wash the dishes. After around half an hour, everyone gathered at the living room. I just finished the dishes and went my room to grab my stuff. When I came out of my room, I saw Leeteuk. He told me that everyone was here and we can leave. However, I didn’t see Eunhyuk.

 

“Where’s Eunhyuk?” I asked. Leeteuk then scanned the crowd and ran upstairs. I decided to go up and check. Upon reaching Eunhyuk’s room, I saw Leeteuk standing at the door. I walked in and heard the conversation.

 

“Omma, Sangil chukka hamnida.” Eunhyuk smiled. He turned and saw us.

 

“Mian Omma, I need to go now. I talk to you at night.” He said and hung up.

 

“I’m sorry. My mum called…” He explained before getting cut off by me.

 

“It’s ok. Hurry up everyone is walking for us downstairs.” I said and the 3 of us went down.

 

The day passed really slowly. I don’t know if it’s only me but I felt that it was years rather than hours. I kept on thinking how am I going to phrase it so that Donghae won’t feel hurt. Before we reached home, I finally found a way.

 

After dinner, I called for Donghae and asked him to meet me downstairs. I then went to my room.

 

“Why is Haemin meeting people these few days?” asked Yesung. Everyone just shrugged.

 

I met Donghae downstairs 5 minutes later. I met him at where we sat yesterday. Donghae seems so excited about my answer but he doesn’t know that he may not be that happy after hearing it.

 

“Sorry Donghae, I cannot accept your confession. I like you, love you even, but as an elder brother, no more no less. Can we remain at that relationship?” I said. I didn’t look at him. I didn’t know how he was feeling.

 

“It’s ok Haemin, I understand.” He said. I looked up at him. He was smiling, the usual charming smile he gives everyone.

 

“It’s good to also be your brother. I will then be able to protect you forever. Your will not be with your boyfriend forever, but you will always be with your brother forever.” He smiled. I was so touched. Soo-Yun was right. Donghae is an understanding person he is able to let go. I then went forward to give him a hug. As usual, He would kiss me on my forehead.

 

I was so touched that I even cried. Tears couldn’t stop flow. He then used his hands to wipe it away. I held on his hands and placed it on my cheeks, feeling the warmth of it. I closed my eyes and treasured the moment…

 

End of Haemin’s POV

 

Donghae’s POV

 

Even thought I wasn’t able to be her soul mate, I was her brother, someone whom she can lean on when she’s sad. Even though she doesn’t like me, at least she’s not avoiding me. Being her brother is a good thing rather. Brothers are able to protect their sister, be around them all the time. Family is something that cannot be changed, but husbands and boyfriends can. I will treasure this relationship with Haemin.

 

End of Donghae’s POV

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

I was standing at the staircase. I was able to see everything from here. I didn’t know why I was here. I was just curious what they were doing and my legs led me here. Seeing the sight in front of me made my heart ache. The more I look, the more I feel my eyes sting. Suddenly, I felt that my cheeks were wet. I then realised that I was crying. I couldn’t take the sight anymore. I rushed back to the dorm crying. I ran to Leeteuk hyung’s room. I knocked on the door with tears still streaming down my cheeks. When he opened the door, he got a shock.

 

“Hyuk, what happened?” He asked and led me into his room. I could stop. I wasn’t able to open my mouth to tell him. All I could do was to cry. He hugged me and that reminded me of Haemin, the time when she bought me the game and I started crying. I stopped after 15 minutes. I was sniffing and cleaning away my tears.

 

“Sorry Hyung.” I apologized.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

 

“I..I think I like someone.” I said softly.

 

“You what? I can’t hear you. You have to speak up.” Leeteuk said.

 

“I think I like someone.” I said again. This time louder.

 

“What? Who? Who’s that lucky girl? Do I know her?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“You know her. You see her everyday.” I said.

 

“Haemin? Don’t say its Haemin.” Leeteuk said. All I could do was nod. I didn’t even realise my feelings for her. I thought I only treat her as a sister. However, after the phone incident, I became closer to her. I missed her at night when I wasn’t able to see her. I thought it was only a brotherly feeling.

 

“You also like Haemin?” Leeteuk said. I nodded again. However, he just shook his head.

 

“Do you know Donghae likes her too?” Leeteuk asked. I nodded my head again.

 

“He confessed to her yesterday.” I said. I was so upset. It was like something was burning in me. Leeteuk gave a very bewildered expression.

 

“He confessed to her yesterday?” He exclaimed. It was like he was going to shout soon. All I could do was nod. Life was miserable for me the next few days. Donghae and Haemin seem inseparable. They were always together. Now even on the bus, she doesn’t sit with Leeteuk anymore. She would be talking and laughing with Donghae on the bus. When there’s no one around, they would even hook their arms. I was so jealous.

 

On this particular day, we went on Music Bank. We Performed “SORRY SORRY” It was then the hot favourite. I seemed so out of focus that day, however I did my best for the performance. Once we arrived backstage, Haemin immediately brought a bottle of water to Donghae. Normally she would give it to me, but this time, she gave it to Donghae and she even wiped his sweat away for him.

 

“When were the both of you so close?” asked Kangin. Both of them turned and look at Kangin and shrugged at the same time. They then looked at each other again and laughed. I could not take it and walked away. I slumped on the changing room chair and rubbed my temples. I felt tired, really tired. It was like something was missing in my life. I then realised that it was Haemin’s every action. She used to do things for me. Small thing like giving me a bottle of water, talking to me on the bus, laugh at me, give me a pat on the back and say well done. She’s not doing it anymore. I feel lost, lost in my own world without Haemin guiding me. I sighed and place my head in my hand.

 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I placed my hand down and turn to look at that person. It was Soo-Young from SNSD.

 

“What brings you here?” I asked.

 

“I’m here to visit Haemin, to see how’s she doing or her brother will kill me.” She smiled. I could only sigh. Her smile faded off her face.

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you so sad?” She asked. I couldn’t tell her. I’m not good with girls on one hand, and she is Haemin’s cousin on the other.

 

“It seems like you just fell out of love. Who’s that lucky girl who got your heart?” She said. I was shocked. How did she know? Is it portrayed so obviously? I looked at her. She was smiling yet again.

 

“It’s ok if you don’t want to tell me. I could give you a few pointers. If you really like her, you should tell her. If you can’t tell her straight in her face, you could write her a note or a letter and pen down your feelings for her.” She said.

 

“I’m afraid she would avoid me.” I said softly.

 

“If you are on close terms with that girl, she wouldn’t forfeit such a good friendship just because the guy confessed his feeling. Take Haemin for example. She wouldn’t ignore you. She would remain friends with you or treat the guy as her Oppa.” She said. When she mentioned Haemin, and realise that she won’t ignore me, I felt relieved, however the biggest problem for me now is how to tell her.

 

A while later, it was the announcing of results. All of us went on stage. We were competing with SHINee’s Juliette. SHINee is our junior. However, both of us were competing for first place. I didn’t know who will win but I hope it’s us.

 

It seems like forever when they announced the results. “First Place for this week’s Music Bank is………………………………………………………………………..Super Junior with SORRY SORRY.” Said the MC. I stood there shocked for a moment before the news got to me. As usual I would cry when we return backstage as I was so happy.

 

Leeteuk came to me and comfort me. He gave me a hug. He always does and after I’m done, he would always say “You are so emotional.” Then he would start laughing. However this time, Haemin didn’t come and comfort me. I saw her with Donghae. She was hugging him and they were smiling at each other. I could only stand at one corner and look at them. Suddenly, it felt that there were only us. I felt so alone.

 

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

 

Haemin’s POV

 

When they returned backstage, the first person I went to was Donghae. I promised him before that I would be the first person whom he will share his joy with, and I must fulfill the promise. He told me how hard they worked for this and how happy he was. Finally, I decided to give him a hug to congratulate him. I pulled away shortly after and we were smiling at each other. I then turned to look for Eunhyuk. When I finally found him, I realise he was standing in one corner alone. When I was about to go over, Hyun-na, the manager of SHINee came over and said that the producer wanted to meet us. I then had to leave Eunhyuk there by himself. However, I was quit worried about him. The look on his was foreign. It was something I have never seen before.

 

After meeting the producer, we headed back home. On the way to the bus, I saw Eunhyuk looking down when he was walking. I then decided to ask him what’s wrong.

 

I tapped on his shoulder and he turned to look at me. “Why do you seem so down?” I asked while smiling.

 

“Nothing.” He said softly. He was not looking at me. I then held on his wrist. However, when I was about to say something, he flung my hand away and walked off. I got a shock. Why was he acting this way? Where was the Eunhyuk who was nice and shy and kind? When I got n the bus, I could not help but look at Eunhyuk. He was looking out of the window. He didn’t talk throughout the whole trip. I was sitting with Han Kyung. We were discussing out secret plans for tomorrow. Since it was close tot eh end of July and we haven’t celebrated birthdays for the members who were born on July, we decided to plan a surprise party for them.

 

The next day, we made Leeteuk and Heechul go and help me buy some groceries.

 

“Why do you have to drag me along?” Heechul whined. He never liked going grocery shopping he finds it more of a women’s activity.

 

“It’s a lot of stuff. I need 2 people and since the both of you seem so free, I then asked the both of you to come along.” I said although it was only an excuse.

 

“But Yesung was also free.” He tried to get himself out of it.

 

“Really?  Didn’t see. I only saw you and Leeteuk. Can’t you be more like him and cooperate with me?” I asked. He folded his arms and all Leeteuk could do was chuckle at how childish we both were.

 

I didn’t know what to buy since what we need was already bought a few days ago. I then decided to buy more snacks and food, which could be kept for a long time. When I walked past the snacks section, I saw the anchovy snack that I bought for Eunhyuk a few days ago. I went up and took a few packets and threw it into the cart.

 

“Anchovy snacks? I thought you didn’t allow us to eat those?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“I want to eat it. Suddenly, I fell in love with it so I decided to buy it.” I then continued to buy other stuff like cereal and instant noodles. After around an hour of shopping, my phone rang.

 

“Hello, ok….. ok…… I will go back now.” I said before hanging up.

 

“I have to go back to the office now so could the both of you bring this back, use this money to pay for the food. I will see you around.” I said and ran off. Since the cashier was the opposite direction of the exit I used, I didn’t have to hid from them.

 

I called Hankyung again to tell him that I would be back first before the other 2. When I reached home, I went to hid behind the sofa. When I looked to my left, I saw Eunhyuk at the other end. He was looking at me. His eyes seem red and swollen. Did he cry? Why didn’t I notice it this morning? Maybe I was too busy planning this party with Hankyung. I decided to talk to him after the party.

 

Suddenly, we could hear the keys being pressed on the outside and the opening of the door. We all jumped up and gave the both of them a shock.

 

“Yah! Is this why I had to go to the supermarket? Aish.” Heechul grumbled and placed the items in the kitchen. We were all laughing at his expression. Ryeowook the brought out the cakes from the fridge, one for Heechul and one for Leeteuk. Leeteuk thanked us for putting in effort for celebrating their birthdays for them although it already past, but he really appreciated our efforts.

 

Then they had a singing session and I was unknowingly involved. I was suppose to sing duet with both Leeteuk and Heechul. First, I sang with Heechul. Crown J and Seo In Young sang the song “Too much”. Both of us had so much fun doing it as Heechul was fooling around. The other members were also laughing.

After Singing “Too much “, I was suppose to sing another song with Leeteuk. This time the song was sang by Andy Lee and Solbi, named Love song. It was a more hyper song so both Leeteuk and I had fun.

 

Suddenly, I realised that both the song was from the variety show “We got married.”.

 

“May I know who chose the songs?” I asked nicely with a smile. Everyone pointed to Donghae who flashed me a cheeky smile.

 

“Why did you choose songs that was being sung in we got married?” I asked.

 

“It’s fun to watch.” He smiled again and his comment made everyone burst out laughing. I mouthed to him you better watch out. After the party, I was looking for Eunhyuk. I approached Donghae.

 

“Did you see Eunhyuk?” I asked.

 

“He’s in his room. After the party, he immediately went into his room.” He said. I then went to the kitchen and took a packet of the anchovy snacks and went up to his room. I knocked on his door and there was no answer. I leaned closer and hear very soft sobbing.

 

“Hyuk, Hyuk? Are you inside?” I called while knocking. Then I hear him say come in so I opened the door slowly.

 

He was looking at the door when I opened it. His eyes were red and a little swollen. I approached him and was quite worried. “What happened to you? Why are your eyes so red?” I asked him. He just shook his head and looked away.

 

“Guess what I brought for you?” I smiled at him and tried to lighten up the mood. He just turned and looked at me. His face was emotionless.

 

I pulled out the snack from my back. The corners of his lips lifted a little. “Thank you” He said and opened the packaging and ate the snacks slowly. I didn’t bring up the bigger packet as the snack harms the vocals as its very dry and heaty.

 

I looked at the way he ate it. He was like a little kid. He was dropping the crumbs all over his lap. I could only chuckle. He turned to look at me and gave me a confused look. I went closer to him and brushed the crumbs, which were on his lap into my palm.

 

“You drop so many crumbs, later it attract a lot of ants.” I said and threw the crumbs into the dustbin. When I turned around, it seems that his mood became a little better as his smile seems to be a little wider. I looked around his room and found it a little untidy.

 

“I shall help you clean your room. How were you able to withstand this?”  asked and smiled. He just shrugged and I got to work. I cleared his table and place the books back onto the shelf. I lay his comforter neatly on his bed and hung his clothes nicely and place it in his closet.

 

“There this looks much neater.” I said wiping my perspiration with the back of my hands. However, when I turned around, I got a shock. He was standing directly behind me. As he was wearing a long sleeved shirt, he used his sleeve and cleaned away my perspiration. I could only stand on the spot. His actions left me rooted to the ground, leaving me stuck there and shocked. However, when he was wiping my perspiration, I saw the genuine intention in his eyes, the gentleness. I was so attracted to it.

 

When he was done, he too looked into my eyes and I could not get enough of it…

 

End of Haemin’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments are welcomed.