35

Manage My Love

 

“It’s ok. I am more familiar with the roads after all. If I am tired you can drive if you want.” I smiled and he smiled too, going to the passenger’s seat…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started driving and the situation was awkward for not reason. I turned to look at Jinki Oppa he seems like he was sleeping. I was not sure so I looked at the side mirror. He was indeed sleeping. I was smiling to myself. He was tired and he still insisted on driving. Guys like him are hard to find nowadays. He was like Taemin, a good guy. I decided to bring him around the palaces first.

 

I started off with Gyeongbokgung Palace. It consisted of an outer court, an inner court where the king, the queen and the late queen’s quarters were located. There is also a palace for the crown prince. It was where the crown Prince and princesses lived and there is also a study room for the crown prince.

 

“How I wish I was the crown prince.  Their room is so grand.”

 

“If you really are the crown prince, I bet you head will already be filled with white hair.” I said.

 

“Why?” he asked. I think he really has very little exposure to the Korean culture.

 

“You will have to study many things, learn how to rule the country, learn every single history of Korea, every single writing there is, every creation of poets and writers. You must be adverse in Korean history.” I said.

 

“Then I would rather be myself.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. I could only laugh at his silliness.

 

“That’s what I say. At least now you only need to know how to handle your father’s company and get engaged to some girl. In the past it was worst.” I said. However, I totally forgot that he didn’t like the girl he was engaged to. When I turned to look at him, he was frowning a little and his eyes had sadness.

 

“I’m sorry. I forgot that you didn’t like the idea of being engaged.”  

 

“I have a photo of her. My father said that we were friends when we were younger, but I don’t recall at all.” He said.

 

“Maybe you will remember her after seeing her? Think positive.”

 

“It’s lucky you are not engaged to anyone. You don’t have to suffer a fate like mine.” He smiled a fake smile before standing up, smiling genuinely.

 

“Let’s go for lunch. I’m hungry.” He rubbed his stomach. I looked at my watch and it was indeed lunch time. We went to a restaurant nearby. I didn’t realize that he was the one driving again. It seems like sub consciously I would sit at the passenger’s seat.

 

“It seems like you always go to restaurants rather than just normal food stalls or shops.” I said.

 

“I can’t really eat chill well. And I have a weak stomach.” He said while we waited for our food to be served.

 

“Next time I bring you somewhere to eat. It’s not spicy and the food is guaranteed clean.” I smile and our food arrived.

 

After Lunch, we decided to go to the nearest place. We then went to Dongdaemun Market. He was fascinated with most of the things there. I then saw a pancake stall on the street and bought 2 of it. I passed him one.

 

“What’s this?”

 

“Korean style pancake. It’s sweet. You’ll like it.” He took a bit and his eyes lit up. He liked it. We walked around more and finally night time came.

 

“I’m so tired.” I sat at the passenger’s seat again.

 

“Let’s go to Lotte world tomorrow.” He suggested. I thought for a while. Why not?

 

“Ok.” He smiled and drove somewhere where we can have dinner. Dinner was like usual. We talked and laughed and talked again.

 

In no time it was time to go home again. He was driving since he said that I had did so much to make him understand Korea more.

 

“Can you drop me off at XXX. I have something to do.”

 

“DBSK stays there?” I nodded and he went back to look at the road. When I reached the boy’s dorm, I thank Jinki Oppa and he drove off. I went up to their dorm. Apparently no one was home. I went to the boy’s room to see their things scattered everywhere. They are really very messy.

 

I cleared their stuff for them. It took me a while. I then sat at the living room to wait for them. I think I was too tired as I fell asleep. The next moment, I felt something covering me. I opened my eyes to find myself in my room and Jaejoong was covering the comforters over me.

 

I sat up and looked at him. “Miss me?” I asked and smiled. He pulled me into a hug and it lasted very long. “I missed you so much.” He hugged me tighter.

 

“It has only been a day, Jae.”  I hugged him back and got comfortable in his warmth.

 

“Not seeing you for an hour is already killing me.” I smiled.  I didn’t know I meant so much to him. Other guys from what I see would not miss their girlfriend if they don’t meet for one day. I had a number of guy friends who would not even miss their girlfriend even if they didn’t meet up for weeks.

 

“You must be lucky that I could come today.” He looked at me and smiled.

 

“You seem tired. What did you do?” He push back my hair which was blocking my face. “I had to help my mum in something.” He nodded and wanted to ask me to go rest.

 

“I need to go home.” I stood up about to leave my room. He pulled my wrist making me bump into his chest. I looked up as he caressed my face. “You’re beautiful.” He kissed my forehead and loosen his grip. He had his hands on my waist till we reach the door.

 

“Be careful.” He said I went home. I was looking at the bus going past shops and people, couples. I wonder when will I be able to go on the streets with Jaejoong like them. Hand in hand, laughing, talking, be as carefree as ever. I sighed.

 

Suddenly, something came in my mind. “Lucky you are not engaged to anyone. You don’t have to suffer a fate like mine.” It was what Jinki Oppa said. Will I really not get engaged to anyone. With my parent’s business expanding day by day, I hope that I will not get engaged. Omma and Appa won’t treat their only daughter as a business transaction would they? They won’t. I was debating with myself in my mind. I shook my head and got that thought out of my head.

 

I went home to find Haemin sitting on the couch, dazed.  Approached her and snapped my fingers, snapping her awake. “Oh, you’re back. I didn’t notice you.” She laughed a nervous laugh, stood up and left for her room. I looked at her puzzled. Did something happen between her and Eunhyuk?

 

I yawned and looked at the clock. It was already 12am. I should get ready for bed. I showered , dry my hair, took out my contact lens and headed to bed. It seems like during the Japan trip, Jaejoong’s constant nagging drilled something in my head. I drifted off to sleep by reminiscing about what happened in Japan.

 

The next morning, I woke up by the ringing of doorbell. It was rings between long intervals. I wonder who would come so early in the morning. I wore my spectacles and headed to the door, not even caring about my horrible appearance. When I opened the door, it was Jinki Oppa. I opened my eyes wide and turned back to look at the clock. It was already 10.15am.

 

“I’m so sorry. I overslept.” I bowed furiously.

 

“It’s ok. I will wait for you.” He smiled and I invited him in and gave him a cup of tea. I was thinking of taking a quick shower, not wanting Oppa to wait.

 

“You don’t have to rush, every girl would want to look their best when they go out.” I didn’t get what he was saying at first.

 

“I am saying if you are afraid you would make me wait, I don’t mind. You can don’t rush your shower. As what I heard from you Appa, you take at least half an hour to shower.” He said.

 

“How did you…” I then dragged myself back to my room and headed to the shower.

 

When showering, I kept thinking why did Appa tell him so many things about me. I know he’s a friend but Appa didn’t have to tell him everything. It’s embarrassing to have guys know your secrets. I was finally done and I went to the living room, not finding Jinki Oppa there at all.

 

Suddenly, there was an aroma coming from the kitchen. I went there to find Jinki Oppa cooking. I look at the table, it was like a ten course meal. However, there was one thing I was attracted to, which is the chocolate mousse cake. Oppa then realized my presence.

 

“You’re done? I was just reheating your breakfast. Your mum insisted that I bring it here so you won’t skip the most important meal of the day.” He then sat down in front of me. I laughed silently.

 

“Why are you laughing?” He gave me a puzzled look.

 

“You look funny in an apron.” This time I burst out laughing. He was in the midst of taking it off then. When he was finally done, he ruffled his own hair and smiled.

 

“Do I look funny now?” he grinned. I shook my head and stared at the Bagel in front of me.

 

“I didn’t know Omma was into western breakfast.” I continued staring.

 

“I have been having western breakfast ever since I reached Korea.” He scratched his head.

 

I looked at him with pleading eyes. “Your Omma says you have to eat that. Every single thing.”

 

“Are you hungry?” I beamed.

 

“I just had breakfast.” He said.

 

“I don’t like people to watch me eat. Why not You eat the Bagel and I eat the cake? I’m still eating something at least right?” Oppa thought for a while before nodding his head in defeat.

 

“You’re the best.” I stuck out my two thumbs and extended my hand. He smiled and reached out for my plate.

 

“You like chocolate?” He asked. And I nodded my head.

 

“Cannot live without it. Must have a dose of chocolate a day.” I smiled.

 

“I only know most girls don’t touch chocolates is because they are afraid they would get fat.” He said.

 

“I do so much things in a day, I burn away all the calories in no time. And I love to exercise, but don’t have the time to. Working already tires me out.” I was already done with my breakfast and so was Jinki Oppa.

 

“Want to go Lotte world now?” He asked me. I shook my head.

 

“Let’s go to the park for a walk first. I feel full.” He agreed and we went to the park. After walking for around 15 minutes, we set off to Lotte world.

 

I haven’t been here for ages. It seems a little different from others. Since both Oppa and I are not afraid of thrilling rides, we took every single one of them. Roller coasters, pirate ships, everything. We had so much fun. The day flew past quickly. It was already night time when we finished almost every ride.

 

We watched the night parade. It was beautiful as always. I remember when I was a kid, I loved it. The lights attracted me so much that I never want to leave. We finally went to our last ride for the day, The Ferris wheel. The night view was amazing. It’s like I can see the whole Korea from here. I feel wonderful and it is the best way to end the night.

 

When we finally left Lotte world, I was very tired. I had so much fun. “Tomorrow is the last day for you to bring me around. Where would you suggest that we go?” Oppa asked.

 

“Do you have any where in particular?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Why not we go shopping and buy your parents something nice?” I suggested since I remembered that his parent’s were not in town.

 

“Good idea.”  He smiled.

 

“We can go Han river before that. Han river is a must.” I suddenly remembered since I saw water.

 

“Sure. You’re the guide.”

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments people.

I think I am ending this story soon.