42

Manage My Love

 

I returned to my dorm to see the movers had already emptied my room. I look my last glimpse at the house and leave the place for good as I know I will never have the chance to come back. The only thing I left in the dorm was a drop of tear…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I reached home, the first person I saw was Jinki. He smiled, but I rolled my eyes. Why am I married to this traitor? I went upstairs into my room. When I was inside, everything was nicely arranged. I lay on my bed and heard a knock on my door. Before I could answer, the person opened the door. It was Jinki. I straight away sat up and looked to the opposite direction. “Did I allow you in?” I asked not facing him.

 

“I’m sorry. Auntie’s looking for you.” He said softly. I turned around and walked out, purposely hitting his shoulder with mine.

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I was woken up by Junsu’s high pitch voice screaming my name. “HYUNG!HYUNG! WAKE UP!” He shook me so hard and screamed so loud, I couldn’t not wake up. He dragged me outside where all the members were already gathered.

 

“What’s the commotion about?” I yawned. I saw a serious look on Yunho’s face as he passed me a letter, wrote in neat cursive writing, To Jaejoong. I opened the letter and saw a letter in a familiar writing, Soo-Yun’s handwriting. I gulped my saliva and read the letter.

 

Jaejoong,

I’m leaving you for good. I’m not seeing you for the rest of my life. Dating you was nothing than a fling. You were just my tool of entertainment, nothing more. So just give up on finding me. I won’t want to see you ever. And the box is for you treat it as my farewell gift for you.

All the words I told you before is all a fake. Anyway, dating you is a bore. You don’t do anything nice, all you are is just a burden to me. Being sick and bring me trouble. I don’t need any more of that. Now I’m carefree and anyway I’m already engaged long ago. Engaged to a man I truly love. Remember the newspaper article? It’s the man I’m rumored to be dating.

Don’t bother finding me as I said I won’t want to see you. So give up and get lost. Enjoy your present.

 

Soo-Yun

 

A tear dripped on the paper and smudged the ink. I walked towards the box and opened it. Inside contained everything I gave her. The pen, the earring, everything. I held the box close and slide onto the floor and started to sob. I felt someone comforting me and pulling me into his embrace. I couldn’t care less. The love of my life was gone. How am I suppose to live as per normal? I stood up and dragged myself up, walking into my music room, locking myself inside.

 

Soo-Yun isn’t like this. She’s bound to be lying. I can see that from her eyes. Those pair of warm eyes looking at me the whole week. She must have been forced. I don’t believe that she’s like this. She’s lying. Everything in the letter is a lie. I sat in the room for hours till I hear a knock from the door, followed by a female voice. I hurried to the door and open it…

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

“Omma, You’re looking for me?” I stepped into the dining room and saw Omma sipping her tea calmly. I sat down beside her where a cup was placed.

 

“Are you ill treating Jinki?” She asked still sipping her tea.

 

“Who told you that?” I hissed a little, trying to not make her notice that I was angry.

 

“He seems scared of you. Always looking down when you walk past. He wasn’t like that before.” She placed down her cup and look at me.

 

“Nothing of that sort.” I said.

 

“Good. How’s your engagement party coming along? Have you tried the dress?” She asked and I nodded my head. I couldn’t take my eyes off the dress it was really pretty. However, I’m wearing it for a person I don’t love.

 

“Good. I’ll see my daughter tomorrow in a pretty dress, finally engaged. You’ve grown up Soo-Yun. I’m proud of you.” I smiled weakly at her and excused myself back to my room. How am I going to survive?

 

Suddenly there was a knock on my door again. I groaned, hoping it was not Jinki. The door opened and I saw a familiar face, Jinsu Oppa. “Oppa.” I lunged forward into his embrace.

 

“How’s my cute dongsaeng doing?” He asked with a smile.

 

“Not very good. Why are you back?” I asked.

 

“For your engagement party. Uncle asked me to come back to attend.” He said. I shrugged and lay back on my bed sighing. Jinsu Oppa and I talked a lot. He convinced me to stay calm. I listened to what he said and I will try being nicer to Jinki but it’s not sure success.

 

The next day, it was my engagement party. Even if I really don’t like Jinki, I have to treat him nicer in public. I changed into my dress.

 

http://media.photobucket.com/image/engagement%20gowns/gaodongxin/20080508033247.jpg

 

As usual, it was like the party where Jinki was my partner. I had to wait for him to come and get me. Apparently this time, he wasn’t with me before I was to go down. I heard a knock on my door and Omma came in. “Look at you. You’re so pretty.”

 

“Omma…”

 

“I’m here to get you.”

 

“Where’s Jinki?”

 

“Downstairs entertaining the guests.” I shrugged and headed down. Since it was not to be made publicize, there were no reporters. Only family and friends. When I got down the stairs, Jinki was standing at the side, offering me the crook of his hands. I got near to his ear, “You better act normal. If we’re busted, so are you.” I whispered into his ear and went back to normal with a fake smile plastered on my face.

 

I could see Jinki gulp and I ignored it. His parents look very happy with us being together. We approached them. “Auntie, uncle.”

 

“It should be Omma and Appa now.” Mrs. Lee smiled.

 

“Omma, Appa.” I said and their smile became wider. This was going to be a long night. When the night was finally over, I was beat. Wearing this heavy dress all around is killing me. It looks light but actually it’s very heavy.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and Jinki walked in. “What do you want now?” I uttered a groan and lay back on my bed. He then shoved a piece of paper on my face. I looked at it. It was a ‘Marriage contract’.

 

“What’s this?” I asked.

 

“Marriage contract. Since we don’t like each other, this is a contract saying that the marriage is only for 2 years. After that, we will get a divorce and nothing will happen.” He said.

 

“I’m fine with that.” I read it , signed and passed it back to him. Since it was for both parties, I had to sign twice. He then walked out of my room. He seems a little weird and out of place. I shrugged and changed out of the heavy gown. After bathing, I went straight to bed.

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

When I opened the door, it was not Soo-Yun, instead, it was He-Ran. “What do you want?” I asked.

 

“There’s a schedule and we’re all waiting for you.” He said softly.

 

“Go without me. Don’t bother me.”

 

“But…”

 

“I said leave me alone.” I pushed her out and locked the door. I heard Yunho calling me. He told me  to think about what happened and he will explain to the management.

 

I pulled out my phone and the wallpaper was Soo-Yun and I smiling genuinely. I dialed a familiar number and indeed there was a change in number. I then called Junsu.

 

“You ok Hyung?” was the first thing he said.

 

“I’m totally fine. Give me Eunhyuk’s number.” I demanded.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just give it to me.”

 

“Ok I’ll text it to you now.” He said and hung up. In a matter of seconds, I got a message and called Eunhyuk.

 

“Yoboseyo, Eunhyuk imnida. May I know who’s this?”

 

“This is Jaejoong. Can I have a word with Your manager Haemin?”

 

“Sure.” I then heard shifting and he called Out haemin’s name. She came over and picked up the phone. “Yes Jaejoong?”

 

“Do you have Soo-Yun’s new number?”

 

“New number? What do you mean?”

 

“She left.”

 

“She what?” She exclaimed real loudly. She can really compete with Junsu.

 

“She left. Left for good. She even changed her number. It seems like you’re not aware.”

 

“That girl. When I see her I’m going to kill her.” She murmured.

 

“Thanks anyway.” I hung up. It seems like she really wants to break all connections with us. How am I going to find her. She’s really good at hiding, I swear, however, I am going to hunt her down no matter what. Even if it takes me year, I will still find her.

 

I racked my brains and still had nothing. I decide to give up and go to sleep. Maybe I can dream of something.

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

This was the worst news ever. In 3 days time I’m getting married. Are they serious? “That’s fast.” I commented.

 

“You have any comments?” Appa asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I was sitting beside Jinki. We had to act all lovey with each other so not to cause any suspect on the marriage contract.

 

“Then it’s settled that this Sunday you’ll be getting married.” Appa announced and laughed. He seems so happy, but I wasn’t. I yawned and headed up the stairs with Jinki following me. Since we’re not married yet, we’ll have no need to sleep on the same bed. However, when we get married, we’ll be moving out so there is also no need to sleep on the same bed. No one will find out anyway.

 

I looked at the jacket that was hung on a hanger. It was the first thing Jaejoong gave me. The jacket that I didn’t want to accept. I still remember how he made me accept it. I could only laugh at myself. It was the only thing I didn’t return him. It contains too many memories. Memories that I want to keep.

 

Suddenly, Jinki came in without knocking. “Where did the knocking go?” I asked. He walked out, knocked and walked in again. “What?” I asked.

 

“Om… I mean auntie say tomorrow the tailor will come to measure for our wedding outfits.”

 

“Call Omma or you’ll not get used to it.” I said as I flipped through wedding magazines which Omma left on the table.

 

“Ok. and we’re moving out when we get married. You know right?” I nodded and he just left. I shrugged and randomly opened a page and saw a beautiful gown.

 

http://cdn.maggiesottero.com/maggie/images/trans.gif?t=701ce1722770000

 

“This is what I’ll wear. Simple and beautiful.” I smiled and went to bathe and went to bed. Getting married is so troublesome.

 

The next morning, the tailor came and took measurements. I showed her the dress and she took the required measurements. When she was done, I slumped down on my seat and tried to massage my neck. I saw Jinki walking to me. “What do you want?”

 

“Help you?”

 

“No thank you. I can manage on my own.” I said since no one’s around.

 

“Do you really hate me?”

 

“yes and no.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Yes because you betrayed me. No because you were once my friend and all this is just an act.”

 

“If you say so.” He sat back in his seat and the TV. “Dong Bang Shin Ki…” Of all things he must turn on the television and let me see Jaejoong’s face…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How should I continue?

Comments?

Ideas?