52

Manage My Love

 

One year later…

 

Today’s Jinki’s graduation. As his wife, I must go. 2 weeks after Appa called, our marriage was announced. Media was found in front of our house every day. How annoying. Jinki and I were still having that cold relationship. We’ve attended functions and many other things together. From tomorrow on, he’ll be the vice president of his father’s company. He had actually wanted to try every job before being VP. However, there was no time for him to waste.

 

As for me, I stayed in contact with Yoora. Haemin has been sending me e-mails updating me about herself and Eunhyuk. It seems like they’re getting married. They’re getting married next week. Haemin quit her Job as manager and Eunhyuk broke off his contract with SM. She sent me the place and date. It was the first time I replied her.

 

I am currently the president of Woori bank and I’Park mall. Appa died of heart attack. He passed away on the spot. He was found dead in his hotel room. Omma was very sad. She locked herself in for a long time. Although I didn’t like Appa, he’s still my father. I was sad. I remember how he treats me when I was younger. Although he was strict, he met my material needs. Clothes, jewelry, make-up, everything.

 

Jinki comfort me by words. He knew our relationship was not real. He know what I’ll do if he ever touches me and I mean it. When I got to his school, reporters crowded around me. Dongho Oppa cleared the way for me to walk. I sat at the front where the principal gave me a warm smile.

 

I was no longer the Soo-Yun that everyone knew. I was cold hearted. To everyone, including Jinki. Due to the company, I had to steel my heart so that nothing can affect me. My feels for Jaejoong are still there, deep down. I think of him every day. His every concert, performance, I’ll buy it.

 

In front of the public, Jinki and I had to be loving. As loving as possible. Once out of sight, everything is just an act.  I found out his feelings for me a few weeks after our marriage was announced. I heard him talk to his Omma. Telling her how much he loves me. He was crying. When he hung up, he cried even harder and that showed me how he really felt towards me. After that, I shun him, more than before.

 

When the graduation ceremony ended, we headed home. When we were home, we acted like nothing happened. Every day is like this. I try to ignore him as much as I can. I’ll be as cold as I can and make myself busy so I won’t have to see him at home.

 

One day before Haemin’s wedding, I went to get my dress. Jinki was not going as he said he’s busy learning how to handle a company. It’s good he’s not going anyway. This way, it won’t be awkward. I know Dongho hasn’t seen Hae bin for some time due to my schedule, so I went to the VIP room. “Hae bin?” I called for her and she appeared.

 

When I was done, she looked at Dongho with longing eyes. “Alright then. I’ll get going.” I turned around and Dongho followed me. “Why are you following me? Go with your girlfriend. I don’t want to be a light bulb. I can go home on my own.” I smiled.

 

“You… Smiled.” He stuttered and pointed at me. I hadn’t smiled ever since Appa died, ever since I took over the company. “Maybe I did.” I said and left. I drove home and placed the dress on a hanger and brought it down to dry clean.

 

The house is empty. There was only me alone. Jinki seems to be still at work. I specially took the day off so I can get ready for Haemin’s wedding.

 

The next day, I went out for a jog in the morning. When I returned, Jinki was no longer home. After I took over the company, we don’t have breakfast together anymore. I took a shower and drove to the office to handle some matters and sign some papers before returning home to prepare for the night’s big event.

 

I took another shower when I got home. I went down the stairs to find the stylist already there. He got me ready within an hour. When I left the house, it was already 6pm. I got shocked. The guy standing in front of the car was actually Jinsu Oppa. I hadn’t seen him for some time.

 

It was awkward between us as I was no longer the same. He did all the talking while I answered him with either a nod or a one word answer. “Soo-Yun, you’ve changed.” That was the last thing I heard from him once I got out of the car. I left my jacket inside and got off.

 

I saw Haemin at the door. “Haemin.” She looked shocked when she saw me. Of course she would. I hadn’t seen her since a year and a few months ago. She pulled me into a hug. ‘I miss you.” She said I pat her on her back and smiled weakly. “I’m happy you can make it.” Eunhyuk extended his hand and flashed his well known gummy smile. He showed me the way and I headed in myself.

 

It was a kind of party rather than dinner. I walked over to the buffet table and got myself a drink. Everyone was smiling. I then spotted Yoora with Seungri. There were lots of SM artists and other artists. However, I was hoping DBSK won’t attend. I totally forgot the possibility of them coming is quite high. I walked towards Yoora and talked to her a little. Seungri seemed quite sad but I can’t tell why. I whispered it to Yoora and she nodded. “I’ll talk to him later.” She whispered and I walked away.

 

I was about to go to the ladies when I heard the crowd cheer. I looked up and Saw DBSK entering the room. I’m dead. I need to get out of here before I get spotted. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jinsu Oppa’s number. “Can you come and get me now?”

 

“Sure. I’ll be there in another 15 minutes.” I hung up and stayed in the ladies for around 5 minutes. When I went out, I heard Haemin say. “It now time for friends to say a few words. And now I invite Soo-Yun you come up.” She cheered and clapped. I’m dead.

 

I walked up stage even though I didn’t want to. However, Taeyeon managed to find me and pull me up. “Haemin’s a nice friend. We’ve started knowing each other because of SM. She’s very cheeky and a very lively girl So Eunhyuk be nice to her. She’s someone you should treasure. Thank you.” I said and left the stage. When I was on stage, I saw Jaejoong looking at me the whole time. DBSK was standing on the right of the stage. I’m really sorry Jaejoong, I really am. I walked down from the left, walking as fast as I can outside. I saw Jinsu Oppa’s car and I got in. “Hurry drive.” I said. He moved, but it braked suddenly, when I looked up, I saw Jaejoong standing in front of the car, blocking our way.

 

“Oppa, help me ask him to go away. I don’t want to speak to him. I don’t want to trigger anything more.” I said with my fingers on my temple. “Ok. Wait in the car.” He got out and a while later, he returned and he started the car and drove off.

 

He drove slowly as I think he knows I’m not feeling well. Suddenly, the car came to a stop. I looked outside and saw that it was at some car park. “Oppa, why did you stop?” He turned around. It was Jaejoong…

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I stopped the car which was coming towards me. After 1 minute, the driver came out. It was Jinsu. I stood up straight and he walked towards me. “I’ll help you. I want you to help bring her back.” He pat my shoulder and we swop our clothes. It was quite easy as he was wearing a black coat while I was wearing a white coat. We swop our coats and he gave me a thumbs up and I headed off.

 

I got into the car and Soo-Yun didn’t say anything. I looked at her through the rear view mirror. Her eyes was closed and her hand was on her temple. I drove slowly as it seems like she was unwell and this way, Jinsu can catch up.

 

I parked at a car park. “Oppa, why did you stop?” She asked as she looked around. I turned round and she looked shock. “You… Why is it you? What did you do to Jinsu Oppa?” her eyes widen and she tried to back into her seat.

 

“I want to talk to you.” I said. She still has her guard against me. “But I don’t”

 

“That is why I have to do this.”

 

“Why are you here? Isn’t the letter clear enough? I don’t like you, I never did. Why are you still pestering me?”

 

“If you don’t, then what’s that? Why did you return me everything other than the jacket? If you never liked me, why did you bring it everywhere you go? From newspaper reports, I saw you holding onto it. You wrote those harsh things in that letter because you don’t want me to feel hurt; you want me to forget you. It’s impossible.”

 

“Get out.”

 

“Why won’t you give me a chance Soo-Yun?”

 

“I said GET OUT.” She exclaimed. Her voice was shaky. It was the voice which she has when she was about to cry. I can still remember her every move. Her movements, her voice, her everything is carved into my brain, inerasable.

 

 I got out of the car like she wished. However, I opened her door and pulled her into a hug. She was struggling at first. However, I tightened the hug and she was still struggling. After a while, she stopped struggling. I could hear her sobbing softly. I her hair like I always do. “I miss you. I really do.” I whispered into her ear. I could feel her hug me back. This feel was the one I had missed. Her by my side.

 

When her sobbing died down, I pulled her away. She looked at me in the eye while I brushed her fringe away. I moved closer and out lips touched. She didn’t fight back. We stayed like that till both of us were breathless. “I’m sorry, but you really have to leave, Jaejoong. “ I was stunned. After that, she asked me to leave?

 

“I...” She then pushed me out of the car and they drove off, leaving me sitting on the floor, stunned…

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jinsu Oppa was outside the driver’s seat giving us privacy. When I pushed Jaejoong away and shut the door, he came in and drove away, knowing that was what I wanted. When the car drove away, I started crying again. I clutched the jacket tightly in my hands and cried. Jaejoong, I really missed you.

 

When I got home, I stopped crying. The lights were switched on, meaning Jinki was back. I wiped my tears and walked in like nothing happened. “You’re home.” He said. I ignored him and went to shower. Everything running in my mind was Jaejoong, the kiss, the hug, the look on his face when I pushed him out of the car. It was all flashing in my head. I turned off the shower, changed and grabbed my car keys.

 

Jinki was sitting in the living room. “Where are you going?” He stood up when he saw me getting ready to go out. “Leave me alone.” I said and walked out. He ran out of the house, but he was slower. I drove in a very high speed. I need the wind to blow away all my troubles, all the pain I was feeling. However, this time, it all didn’t seem like it worked. I felt more pain in my heart. Tears started forming in my eyes. I could not control my emotions. Tears streamed down my face. I drove on and on till suddenly, I saw a bright light in my face coming towards me. The last thing I heard was a scream…

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who screamed?

The next chapter will be the official last chapter

I’m having another story so I hope you will still support me.

Comments.