36

Manage My Love

 

Yoora’s POV

 

I was shocked. When did he buy this. It seems like he could read my mind. “It was when I disappeared… “

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You – Disappeared? When? Why didn’t I notice?” I scratched my head, trying to recall when did he disappeared.

 

“I caught up with the group not long later. Coordinator Wang was with me, so it was faster.” He smiled and held my hand. He took out the bracelet from the box and wore it for me.

 

After putting it on, he looked at it twisting my hand left and right. “Perfect.” He looked at me and smiled. I looked at it and found it nice myself. It was like specially made for me. I smiled.

 

“You like it?” He asked and I nodded. I have never received such kind of presents from boys, so I was very happy. Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at it and it was from Omma.

 

“Yoboseyo… ok… ok… I will…ok… Bye.” I hung up and looked at Seungri.

 

“I’m going back to the countryside for a few days for my Cousin’s funeral. So I need to go to YG to apply for leave now. I will call you.” Since he was holding my hand, our grip became looser and looser, and eventually, we were not holding hands anymore. I then walked to the living room to tell the other that I am leaving for a few days and I left.

 

When I reached YG, My leave was approved directly. I then went home to grab a few clothes, left a note and left to the country side.

 

When I was on the way to the bus station, I received a message from Seungri. ‘ Take care of yourself. Don’t skip meals – Seungri.’ I smiled at the message and replied him. ‘You don’t skip meals. I’m not the one with sever gastric problems.’ I smiled and the bus I took reached the bus station.

 

There was a very suspicious character walking around. He was wearing a black cap and sunglasses. He wore a black trench coat and was looking left and right. He got the attention of many passengers.

 

I took a glimpse and went off to collect my ticket. When I bought my ticket, The guy stood in front of me, blocking my way. “Excuse me.” I walked to the left and he did the same. I looked at him and moved to the right. However, he too moved to the right. It was not accidental, but on purpose. When I was about to open my mouth and speak, the guy grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the crowd who was staring at us.

 

I struggled, but the guy was too strong. He pulled me till we were in front of the vending machine. There was totally no one around. What will happen to me? He came closer and closer to me till I have nowhere to run. I closed my eyes, afraid of what he’s going to do to me.

 

I waited for a few seconds and I didn’t feel anything. I opened my eyes to see Seungri. I looked at him from head to toe. He was dressed in all black outfit. So it was him all along.

 

“Why…” Seungri placed his hand on my lips.

 

“Don’t say anything.” I stood there frozen, not saying anything. I looked into Seungri’s eyes. He removed his hands from my lips and moved closer. I closed my eyes and felt his lips on mine.

 

After a few seconds, he pulled back and I opened my eyes. “I’ll miss you.” He pulled me into a hug. This felt totally different from the message he sent me. I felt more protected, more secure.

 

Seungri stayed with me the whole time and it no time, it was time to board the coach. He stood at the platform, waving goodbye. I didn’t know why but sadness crawled into my body and I started tearing. Seungri was already out of sight and I felt miserable. The lady beside me passed me a packet of tissue. “It’s alright to miss your boyfriend. Just think of it as a challenge to make both of you stronger, being able to face more obstacles in the future.” I turned to look at her and she smiled, genuinely.

 

I talked to her and found out that we were going to the same place. She said that she has a granddaughter who was my age and something like this happened. Her granddaughter however was thinking positively. She said that they will look at it as their own challenge. After listening to her story, I felt so much better.

 

The whole trip was not as boring as I thought. Since I have Grandma’s accompany, we shared each other’s story.

 

“How’s your boyfriend like?” She asked out of the blues.

 

“He’s caring, protective, I feel very safe around him. I sometimes, he made it like there’s only us in the world and no one else.”  I smiled.

 

“You’re boyfriend is lucky to have you and you are also lucky to have him.” She smiled and pat my hand. Suddenly, my phone rang. I flipped it open and saw that it was from Seungri.

 

“Go ahead and answer. He must miss you a lot.” She smiled as she took out a book from her bag. I smiled at her and answered my phone.

 

“Yoboseyo, Seungri-ah”

 

“I miss you so much. Although it’s been less than a day, I’m already starting to miss you.”  I could only smile at his words.

 

“Me too., but we can’t do anything. Just treat this as our own challenge. I will see you again in a few days. I give you a call when I arrive.”

 

“Ok. I’ll wait for you.” Then he hung up. I placed my phone  back into my bag. When I turned around, I saw Grandma asleep. I decided to not bother her. I looked out the window and looked at the passing scenery. I was evening already. The sky was mixed in orange and pink, giving off a very nice colour.

 

Suddenly, the bus stopped and I realized that we’ve reached. I saw Grandma still sleeping so I had to wake her up. “We’ve reached?” she asked. I nodded and we got off the bus. The first person I saw was Dong-sun, my childhood friend.

 

“Oppa” I shouted. He turned to look at me and smiled. He walked to me and helped me with my things. I bid grandma farewell and headed off with Dong-sun Oppa. In no time, I reached home. Although we live in the countryside, my family was considered more well off than others. Oppa helped me put down my stuff and we headed to Hye min’s funeral.

 

When I reached, I immediately went to say something to her and they closed the coffin, bringing it to bury. They were all waiting for me to say my last words to Hye min before burying her. Aunt HyunJae knows that  I have always been close to her daughter, Hye-min.

 

I could see Aunt HyunJae had been crying as her eyes were puffy and red. She was smiling at me, most probably hoping I won’t feel sad as Hye Min could finally be reunited with her first love, Dong-yul. Dong-Yul inherited an incurable disease from his family and died last summer. Hye-min at that time wanted to end her life to be with Dong-Yul. Both of them loved each other very much.

 

Dong-Yul was Dong-Sun’s elder brother. Dong-Sun at that point of time was sad and angry. He was angry at himself, asking why he wasn’t the one who got the disease. Dong-Sun hated himself at that time, however, he managed to pull himself back. When he saw Hye-min trying to end her life, he shouted at her, saying that his brother wanted her to live a happy life, asking her to forget about him.

 

Hye-min had finally got over him. However, now her life has ended, all thanks to some drunk driver. Although he was put to jail, that could not revive my dead cousin.

 

When Hye-min was buried, I placed a stalk of red rose above her grave. “Treat this as my gift to you and Dong-Yul oppa.” I bowed and left home.

 

When I reached home, Aunt HyunJae seemed normal. She was smiling and laughing with Omma. I found it a little weird since her daughter is dead. “She wanted me to be happy and I will.” That’s what I heard her say. If it was me, I would also want my Omma to be happy. I don’t want her to be mourning over my death every day.

 

I headed to my room and looked out the window. How I miss the air around here, so fresh and cool. I could even see the stars. I was quite bored all of a sudden and I opened my cupboard looking for something interesting.

 

I opened box after box and finally I found something interesting. It was book like. The cover wrote I am your boyfriend I should… The pages containing lines and a few questions. I remembered that I saw it at a store and found it interesting so I bought it. I smiled and placed it in my bag so I could give it to Seungri.

 

I started opening boxes again. This time, I found something really useful. It was something from Dong-Yul Oppa. He gave it to me when I finished Junior high. It’s a pair of couple rings. I still remembered what Dong-Yul Oppa said when he gave it to me. “Though this is not much, I hope that you will give it to someone you truly love and who truly loves you.”  I held the box tightly and kept it in my bag. I packed the boxes back again.

 

I decided to look at the stars again. I saw 2 stars shining brightly in the night sky. I think those 2 stars are Dong-Yul Oppa and Hye-Min. I hope they are happy as they are finally together and nothing would keep them apart. I smiled and look at the time. 1am. I thought of Seungri and I opened my eyes wide. I totally forgot to call Seungri.

 

I was actually debating with myself whether I should call him since it was already so late. I ended up calling knowing Seungri would most probably be still waiting. He picked up after 1 ring.

 

“You are really waiting for me?” I asked.

 

“Yah.” He yawned. I know he’s really tired as he’s not really a night person.

 

“I’m sorry. I was too engrossed in the funeral.” I said, feeling guilty to make him wait till so late in the night.

 

“It’s ok. I promised I will wait and I will not break that promise.”

 

“ Go to sleep now. You have a schedule tomorrow and you did so much travelling today. You must be really tired.”

 

“I really am tired.” I heard him yawn again.

 

“Good night. I need to sleep too.” He hung up and so did I. I went to wash up and sat on my bed. I wondered what will happen if I break the news of me dating to Omma. I haven’t really dated anyone till now. Omma was always worried that I will like girls rather than guys. She has never really object to me dating, but she has never agreed either. The last person on my mind was Seungri when I fell asleep. He was smiling at me with his arms wide open, waiting for me to go into his embrace…

 

Yoora’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoora’s one lucky girl

Comments