41

Manage My Love

 

When each of them came up and gave me their presents, they received a hug from me, but a killer glare from Jaejoong. All I could do was laugh…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the present ceremony, we all headed for the busy day of work. I went for the Vogue photoshoot with Jaejoong. The car trip was quiet. I had earphone plugged in and was reading a book. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my earphones and saw Jaejoong looking at me. “You need something?” I asked since Jaejoong like to have his own time on travelling journeys.

 

He pulled me closer to his body and placed his arms round my shoulders. “I miss the times in Japan.” He suddenly said. I had my head on his shoulder and my arms round his waist. “I heard we’ll be going back for the opening sometime soon.”

 

“Really?” I nodded my head and I could see him smile. When We’ve reached, the people immediately pulled Jaejoong away as this photoshoot is some kind of rushed. I stood behind the photographer and in no time the pictures were done.

 

“Good Job Jaejoong. You have the feel today.” The photographer said and patted his shoulder. Jaejoong bowed and went to change out and remove his makeup. We then took the car and met up with the other members. In the car, I had to touch up on Jaejoong’s makeup. Since the next venue we were going was also a photoshoot. He-Ran sent me a picture which I’m suppose to follow.

 

When I was doing his makeup, I could see him looking at me. “What? Do I have something on my face?” I asked as I touched my face. He smiled and took my hand down. “No. Just admiring how pretty my girlfriend is.” I ignored him and continued with his makeup.  After a while more, I was done. It looked like the picture.

 

Since it was Goth style, I helped Jaejoong do his hair too. Since we don’t need any electronic devices, I could do it in the car. “You don’t suit Goth style at all.” I covered my mouth and laugh at him. He looked nice but to me, I found it weird.

 

“I never liked it.” He said as he lie back on his seat. We were somewhat caught in a jam that’s why I was able to finish his make up in a short time. I took off my sneakers and sat on the seat cross legged.

 

“Aren’t you cold?” He suddenly asked. I shook my head. “Why?”

 

“In Japan you were always cold and now you’re in shorts. I bet you will feel cold soon.”

 

“It’s my style.” I smiled. Longer pants were not my thing. I would feel like I’m being wrapped up or something. I don’t mind long sleeved shirts but never long pants. As Dongho Oppa said. ‘Your legs are meant to be shown.’ He said I had long legs so from young, I would be in shorts in every season of the year. Appa on the other hand would kill me when he found out, but I still insisted with my style. Whenever I see Appa, I would wear a long Trench coat to cover my shorts so he would assume I’m in longer pants or something.

 

Talking about Pants, I have to go home and get a longer trench coat before heading home. Maybe it’s because I’m so concentrated in my thoughts, we’ve reached the photoshoot venue. I got off and walked with Jaejoong into the building.

 

When he walked into the studio, The other members came and gave him a high five. “Not fair hyung, Soo-Yun does your make up for you and we got some make-up artist the eye liner she drew was painful.” Junsu whined.

 

“Junsu –ah. We’re of different position now.” Yoochun said as he looked at me.

 

“I can draw for you if you want Junsu.” I Smiled and walked towards the crowd.

 

“Ok. The next photoshoot I want to you to apply Make-up for me.” He smiled and I nodded causing him to jump in Joy. The other members such as Yunho shook his head in disapproval. I could only laugh at their childishness.

 

I was staring into space when someone came next to me and sit. I turned around and saw Yoochun. “Are you really daughter of CEO of Woori bank?” He asked me. I nodded.

 

“Child prodigy?” he asked again and I nodded again. He then went back to the photoshoot when the crew looked for him. Suddenly, something came into my mind. Why did Omma want to have dinner with me all of a sudden? I can’t find any reason for her to do so. I looked at my watch and it was already 2pm. I still have 3 more hours before I need to go home.

 

The boys ended their photoshoot at 4pm. They headed home and started fooling around with each other. When it turned 5, I left. I went home and got my long coat and drove my new red convertible home. Appa doesn’t like me to drive old cars after I get a new one. However, he doesn’t know that I have 3 cars.

 

When I got home, I saw Dongho Oppa at the door, waiting for me. “The guests are waiting.” He said.

 

“Guests?” He nodded. Omma didn’t say anything about Guests. I’m so not formally dressed. Appa is so going to kill me. I stepped inside to see the house decorated in a grand way. However, there was no crowd. I looked around and Dongho Oppa led me to the dining room which I saw my parents, Jinki Oppa and 2 more people whom I don’t find familiar.  I remember all my father’s clients looks, so when I see them on the street, I will know to hide. However, these 2 people are not familiar at all I stood at the door looking at them.

 

“Soo-Yun, You’re here. Come and sit.” Omma instructed and I went to sit after greeting everyone in the room.

 

“This is Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Jinki’s parents.” Appa introduced. I gave them a slight nod and they smiled a heartwarming smile. We had dinner and it was really fun. Jinki Oppa’s parents are so friendly. They seemed like Teenagers as they knew the trends and everything. After dinner, we all proceeded to the living room for fruits.

 

“Now let’s talk about the engagement.” Mr. Lee said.

 

“Engagement?” I asked and he nodded. Omma then pulled me into the dining room all these seems wrong, very wrong.

 

“Soo-Yun ah. I have something to tell you. “ Omma said calmly.

 

“Don’t tell me I’m engaged.” I was crossing my fingers, however, Omma nodded.

 

“Don’t say Jinki Oppa.” She nodded again. I flinged Omma’s grip from my wrist and walked to the living room. Omma was chasing after me, calling my name, but I ignored her. I walked to where Appa saw me.

 

“I’m not getting engaged to anyone.” I stated.

 

“You are and it’s a fact. Your Engagement is next Wednesday which is a week and a day away from now.”

 

“What makes you so sure I’ll agree to the engagement?” I asked.

 

“Because If you don’t I’ll cut all ties with you and you know I will when I mean it. Don’t think I don’t know what you’re up to. ” Appa was a family man. He won’t severe ties so easily. Appa also has heart problems. If I really severe ties with him, his heart condition may worsen . What should I do? Jaejoong, my boyfriend whom I really love and Jinki Oppa, A true friend of mine.

 

I slumped down on the couch with a dazed look on my face. Jinki Oppa betrayed me. I had so much trust in him, however he got close to me because he knew he was engaged to me so he’s trying to not make me hate him when I marry him?

 

Mr. and Mrs. Lee returned with Jinki beside them. They sat down on the sofa opposite me. Jinki Oppa shot me a look of concern which I totally ignored. “The Engagement will be held next Wednesday which is a week and a day away…” My mind wasn’t paying attention to the conversation at all. How am I going to face Jaejoong and the rest?

 

Appa called me to his study room. I sat down on the chair opposite him. “So silent means consent.” He said.

 

“It’s not like I can do anything about this.” I said, looking into his eyes.

 

“It all for your own good.”

 

“I have a condition.”

 

“You say and I’ll do it.”

 

“Don’t publicize it. “  He nodded.

 

“Anyway, I have already submitted your resignation letter. In 1 week’s time, you’ll leave your job. Prepare everything and you’ll be moving back.”

 

“You what?”

“I quit your job for you. I don’t want my daughter who’s getting married to be working as a lowly manager of some idols. You’re the heir of our company don’t forget that.”

 

“Do whatever you want. I don’t get a choice in my life anyway.” I stomped out of his study room and drove my car home. When I was driving, tears flowed out of my eyes. Why is my life so miserable? Jaejoong, what am I going to do? I cannot tell Jaejoong about this. I need to make a clear cut ending. I want him to get hurt. So hurt that he will forget about me. Forget about me.

 

When I reached home, the house was dark other than the lights from each room. I dragged myself to my room and packed my things into boxes. Since none of them enters my room, I will be able to make an unknown departure. I have to cherish the time I have left with Jaejoong as after this week, I will hurt him. Hurt him so deep that I myself would suffer twice his impact.

 

That night, I cried myself to sleep. The next day when I woke up, I put on a brave front and went to the boy’s dorm. Jaejoong was the only one awake. He looked happy when he saw me. I took off my sunglasses and smiled back weakly.

 

“Why are your eyes so swollen?”

 

“I stayed up late to finish my work last night.” I lied. I couldn’t tell him. He nodded and about to walk away when I pulled him back. He gave me a puzzled look and I sat down on the sofa with him following. I place my head on his shoulder and my arms around his waist. He seemed shocked but didn’t push me away. How long can I stay like that? In less than a week, I will bid Jaejoong farewell forever. How am I going to do that?

 

The day passed in a blink of an eye. My eyes could not leave Jaejoong. I will not be able to see him from such a near distance anymore. Jaejoong seemed to realize I was hiding something from him, but I pushed it away with a smile.

 

At night, I will do some packing before heading to bed. The next few days were the same. Jaejoong got more and more suspicious. I tried to spend more time with him as I can. I want to have happy memories when I leave. We took a lot of pictures together and developed them in Jaejoong’s photo room. We had so much fun, but Jaejoong didn’t realize that fun time never last.

 

In no time, it was Monday. Tomorrow I will have to put an end to everything. He-ran has been noticed to come in at noon. After I leave, He-ran will take over my job. I have taught her everything I knew for the past few days. She didn’t know about my departure. No one other than SM and myself know.

 

The next morning, I went to the boy’s dorm early in the morning. Haemin and Yoora left the same time as I did so they won’t see the movers move my things. I left 2 letters on the kitchen table. One for Yoora and one for Haemin. At the boy’s dorm, I also left 2 letters. I for the 4 members and 1 for Jaejoong. There was a box left for Jaejoong. I took one last look at the boy’s dorm and closed the door behind me.

 

I returned to my dorm to see the movers had already emptied my room. I look my last glimpse at the house and leave the place for good as I know I will never have the chance to come back. The only thing I left in the dorm was a drop of tear…

 

I almost cried writing this

I wish it also touched your hearts.

Comments please.