49

Manage My Love

 

Soo-yun’s POV

“I don’t think so. They didn’t say anything about it.” My voice started shaking more and more vigorously. She realized and pulled me into a hug. “Cry out Soo-Yun, cry out all your tears and be strong. I know you are a strong girl.” She my hair like how Jaejoong does. This then triggered my tears to start spilling and I cried in Jae Hyun Unnie’s embrace. Jaejoong, Jaejoong-ah, I miss you…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got back to the house, I saw Jinki and Hongki talking on the couch. When they saw me, Jinki immediately turned round before turning back. “Jinki, this is my cousin, Han Jae-Hyun. Jae-hyun Unnie, this is Jinki.” He gave her a small nod while she flashes him a smile.

 

“I’m staying here for a few days.” Jae-Hyun then whispered into my ear.  I widen my eyes. Another person is staying with us. Apparently it seems like we’re destined to share rooms. “Jinki, she’s staying over also.” I said. He looked up with those emotionless eyes and nodded his head again.

 

What’s wrong with him? Showing attitude? I turned to her seeing nothing other than her and her handbag. “Where are your bags?” I asked.

 

“Oh. I’m a no luggage traveler.” She said with a huge grin. I didn’t understand what she’s saying. “I don’t bring a luggage. I buy my clothes in that country.” Then I understood what she was saying.

 

“Then let’s go.” I turned around and saw Jinki standing up taking his car keys. I gave him a questioning look. Why was he standing up? He wants to go shopping with us?

 

“I want to come too.” Hongki raised both his hands. The 4 of us then went to Jinki’s car and headed to I’Park mall. Jae-Hyun didn’t want to go to the VIP room as she likes the walking part of shopping. Apparently both Jinki and Hongki didn’t grumble. Hongki seemed happy rather. He was leaping around, pulling us into most of the shops pointing to women’s clothes asking both Jae-hyun Unnie and I to try it on.

 

Jae-Hyun Unnie liked most of the stuff so we bought a lot of things. Hongki bought many stuff himself. Hoodies, pullovers, different types of jackets. There were a few times when I noticed Jinki was missing. Was he so bored that he has to escape? No one asked him to tag along anyway. He was the one who initiated on coming.

 

Suddenly, he appeared back again. We were then in front of a bookstore. I stopped, wanting to go inside. “You can go ahead. I need to buy something else.” Jae-hyun Unnie then walked away with Hongki following. I turned around to see Jinki behind me. I walked in and saw a few books I was interested in. However, I didn’t bring money so I left the shop with Jinki behind me still. When I found Unnie, Hongki was standing outside with his face red.

 

“Don’t tell me you followed her all the way in?” I smiled. He blushed and nodded. I could only chuckle and walked in. When I found her, I looked out to see Jinki telling Hongki something before walking away again.

 

Jae-hyun and I walked out of the lingerie store. “It seems like your husband doesn’t like shopping.” Jae-hyun Unnie said. We walked down and Jinki appeared again. Was he like some wizard? Unnie then finished buying her stuff and we headed to the car. All the bags filled the car boot to the brim.

 

Jinki headed up with Hongki once we’ve reached home while Unnie and I sat at the living room talking while one of the maids brought out ice water. Not long later, the both of them then came back down. “I want to see your room.” Unnie said. I then brought her up to my room. I was smiling on the way up all the way to the door. When I reached my room and opened it, my smile dropped.

 

I had a large number of shopping bags on my bed. “When did you buy all this? I don’t recall you buying anything just now.” Jae-hyun said. I walked towards my bed and looked into all the bags. It was all the stuff that I had wanted just now. I kept my eyes on them for so long but didn’t buy as I didn’t want to use Jinki’s money and I didn’t bring any of my cards.

 

“It seems like Jinki’s quite observant. No wonder he disappeared so many times.” Jae-Hyun said. The books showed everything. He was the only one who followed me to the bookstore. He must be the one. I placed the bags on the floor first. “He’s not such a bad guy after all. Why don’t you try liking him back? I don’t think he feels nothing for you.” Unnie said with a serious look on her face.

 

“It’s not easy to give up on Jaejoong. Although we’ve only dated for awhile, we’ve done so much together. Everything I do relate back to him. “I looked up trying to not make my tears fall. Jae-hyun placed her hands on my upper arms and rubs it softly. “Uncle won’t allow Jaejoong. You should know. Even if it’s hard to give up, you’ll eventually forget about him and love Jinki.” She said softly nod left, giving me my privacy. She closed the door gently behind her and I slumped down on the bed thinking of what she just said.

 

I decided to not stay in my room. I walked out of my room in Jae-hyun’s room. When I stepped in she turned and looked at me. “You know, I really think he likes you.”

 

“No he doesn’t.”

 

“Yes he does. From the rooms you can tell. Your room is more comfortable I took a glimpse of his room. It’s fairly smaller. Your room is your favourite colour. Your walk in closet’s clothes half of them are new. He bought them for you. The things he bought just now already show how much he likes you. Guys won’t do these kind of thing to girls whom they have no feelings to. When we came back from the park, he turned when he saw us. When he looked back, I could see his eyes were slightly red. He’d been crying. Soo-Yun ah.”

 

“He…” I couldn’t say anything. We’ve only been staying together for barely a week. The marriage contract we signed was initiated by him. He couldn’t have fell for me. I shook my head. Jae-hyun came to me and place her hands on my shoulders. “Give him a chance.” She pat my shoulder and headed to the bath room.

 

I walked back to my room to see him standing outside my room door. He looked at my door longingly before turning to my direction with his head down. I took a few steps forward and looked up. He was shock to see me. He then turned around and walked back to his room.

 

I’m not going to think about it. I’m going to act as if I don’t know anything. I stepped into my room and took a shower. After the shower, I headed down for dinner. It was kind of awkward all of a sudden. When dinner was over, Both Jinki and I headed to the shared bedroom.

 

“Are you still going to be a cleaner tomorrow?” I asked when getting ready for bed. I saw him shake his head lightly. “I’m going back to school tomorrow. School starts tomorrow. It’s my last year.” He said as he closed his eyes.

 

I closed my eyes and fell asleep instantly. I was worn out by the day’s events and what I found out. I woke up a few times in the night. I am having serious problem sleep these days.

 

The next morning, I woke up at 5am to find Jinki still asleep. I got out of bed and headed to shower. When I was done he was still asleep. I headed to his room, into his walk in closet. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a Donald duck grey shirt and a sports jacket. I hung it in our room and went down to prepare breakfast.

 

I prepared Pancakes. Jinki was the first one to come down. He wore what I prepared and sat at the head of the table. He looked at the table with a weird expression. “What’s this?” He pointed at it and looked at me.

 

“Chocolate pancakes. It’s not burnt. It’s suppose to look like that.” I said and drank my milk. “Why don’t you eat every morning?” He asked, not starting his breakfast. “Not a habit.” I replied.

 

“You should make it a habit.” He started eating, but at a very slow pace. “Don’t intend to and don’t want to.” I sat there and looked at him. When he was done, he grabbed his bag and stood up. He turned to walk to the door. I followed him. However, he stood causing me to almost bump into him. “Um…” He scratched his head and I gave him a puzzled look.

 

“Could you drive me to school? I can’t drive it would be quite weird. I don’t want others to know my family background.” I thought for a while. I remembered that I didn’t like my chauffer to drive me. People will look at me, up and try to make friends. One they wanted money another one they wanted benefits for their families business.

 

“Sure. I’ll change first.” I went up and changed into something more presentable to the public. I dressed like how I usually do I didn’t want people to think I was like some Noona dating this dongsaeng. When I got down, He was leaning against the wall. I grabbed my keys to the convertible and headed out. He followed behind me.

 

I wore my sunglasses and had the convertible cover pulled up. It was nice to have wind blowing in my hair. When we’re around 10  minutes away from home, He suddenly spoke up. “Why are we so awkward now?” He asked. He wasn’t looking at me. He looked at the road in front.

 

“I Think after 2 years we will really be breaking up.” He lay back on the seat and closed his eyes. I didn’t answer him at all. The situation was so tense. When I parked in their campus, we got glances from students I could hear whispers.

 

“Omo. She has such a cool ride.”

 

“Are they having Noona dongsaeng relationship?”

 

“The guy’s hot”

 

“Is she studying in our school?”

 

Jinki stepped out of the car with his head hanging low. I got out and locked the car and walked beside him. “Why are you following me?”

 

“Because You’re a new student and I studied here before.” I dragged him to the office where the receptionist gave me a warm smile. I know her from way back. “Soo-Yun. You’re back. Who’s that with you?”

 

“New student, Lee Jinki.” I said and she looked for his schedule. She passed it to him and I was about to leave the room with him when the principal came out. “Soo-Yun. Is that you?” I turned around and smiled at her.

 

“What brings you back?” She asked.

 

“I’m bring him to school.” I pointed to Jinki whom she gave him a small nod and so did he.

 

“Would you mind coming back to the school to help the professors? They seem to need some help. The school’s willing to pay you.” She said. I didn’t know if I wanted to or not. Seeing Jinki at home and here is bad enough. But when I look at the principal, her eyes were begging me to agree. So I did. I gave her a smile and she pulled out a schedule for me. “This is for you. I will inform the professors.” She then rushed back to her office. I didn’t have the chance to ask her how long was I suppose to help out.

 

I went out of the office to see Jinki standing there. “Why aren’t you going to class?” I asked.

 

“I don’t know how to.” He said with his head down. “what’s your first class?” I asked.

 

“Economics.” I looked at mine and it also said economics. “Let’s go.” He followed me behind. I looked at myself and realize I was not in a really appropriate attire to be helping professors. I was in shorts. I decided to not care and carried on. We’ve reached the theatre and I popped my head in to get a lot of attention and me. Professor Jung also turned. He gave me a smile and a nod and I entered. Jinki however stood at the door…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems like Soo-Yun is popular with University boys.

I wonder why Jinki doesn’t enter the room.

Anticipate.

I haven’t got any ideas so the anticipation may be longer.

Comments for ideas?