Chapter 31

Manage My Love

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

I drove my new convertible to my dorm. I got down and asked myself why I didn’t choose to drive to the boy’s dorm. I shrugged and walked to the bus stop. The bus came soon after. However, what shocked me was who I saw in the bus. It was my ex-classmate, Jeup Taemin. As usual, he was sleeping in the bus. I sat beside him since it was the only empty seat available.

 

He suddenly jerked and looked at me. He blinked a few times before flashing his never failing killer smile. “Aren’t you Soo-Yun?” he asked looking at me. I nodded and he continued smiling.

 

“I heard you have already graduated.” He grinned while I nodded again. He is a guy I known since elementary school. He was quite smart and he has looks that all guys long for. He was popular with girls but I never knew why he didn’t talk to girls. I was the only one he talks to.

 

“So How is life?” He asked me. I thought for a while before answering.

 

“Better than ever. I am currently working.” He gave a shocked look. I then realized I had to get down. He then passed me a piece of paper with his number, asking for us to stay in contact. I nodded and got off the bus.

 

I just remembered something. It was already December 20. It was my birthday. That explains the car from Appa. I could only smile at myself for my own forgetfulness. I smiled to myself and headed to the dorm. When I entered, the boys were doing their own things. I looked at the clock. It was already 10am and they have a schedule in 2 hours.

 

“Boys, Get ready. We are leaving in 2 hours.” They then cleared their stuff and went to get ready. I then sat on the couch to watch television and wait for time to pass. I watched the repeat of Music bank where SHINee was on with Ring Ding Dong. They are all so talented. The person whom I look up to the most would be Taemin. He’s so young and yet so talented. I sighed and switched off the TV. I pulled out my book and read it since I was almost done.

 

The boys came out one by one and we were ready to leave. It was yet another hectic day for the boys. By the time I was able to go home, it was already 8pm. I yawned and bid the boys farewell before leaving. However, I was being pulled back by Jaejoong at the door.

 

“I send you home.”He said looking deep into my eyes.

 

“Since when Kin Jaejoong had a car?” I asked folding my arms.

 

“I can walk you home.” He added.

 

“I think you will never make it back alive. Just stay here. I will be fine myself.” I then closed the door seeing Jaejoong with longing eyes. In my mind, I was thinking what if I cannot hold myself to not love him? Cause I think I already am…

 

When I reached the void deck, I saw someone standing there with his hands in his pockets. His back seems familiar, but I don’t know who it is. When I approached him, he turned around.

 

“Jinki, it’s you. What brings you here?” I asked.

 

“I was driving around when I remembered your address that your father told me so I decided to drop by.” he smiled.

 

“How long have you been waiting here? It’s cold today. Why didn’t you call?” I shot him many questions causing him to look down.

 

“I didn’t have your number.” I smiled at my own silliness. I didn’t even get to talk to him properly. Suddenly, he sneezed.

 

“Let’s go up. I give you a cup of Hot chocolate to keep you warm.” I pulled him by the wrist up to my house. He was really cold. His skin felt like ice. Upon reaching the dorm, I sat him down at the dining table while I prepared the drinks. One cup for him and one for me.

 

I headed to my room to grab something. I came out with a men cutting jacket and my sketch book. I draped the Jacket around him while I settle down opposite him and sipping the drink. He held the cup with both his hands around the cup trying to gain warmth from it.

 

“Does this belong to your boyfriend?” He asked eyeing on the jacket.

 

“No. I like having a few Guys jacket.” I looked down at my sketch book and started drawing something.

 

“What are you drawing? You seem to like to draw.” He eyed my papers which were my drawings.

 

“It’s a hobby. Nothing much.” I smiled as I continued.

 

“If you like you draw, you must have an idea of your dream house.” He said still sipping his drink.

 

“Why the sudden question?” I looked at him.

 

“Girls are always talking about their ideal houses or dream houses. So I think you would have one.” He said.

 

“I do. I have a sketch of it.” I took my stack of papers and pulled out one of it and passed it to him. I took a few weeks for that particular drawing, trying to make it as perfect as it could be.

 

Jinki placed the mug of hot chocolate on the table and took the drawing. His eyes opened in shock. He observed the picture for a while. “This is beautiful.”

 

“Really? Thank you. You can have it if you want.” I said and resumed my drawing.

 

“You are giving it to me?” He asked and I nodded. He smiled and continued with his Hot chocolate. A while later, he looked at his watch and realized that it was already 11pm.

 

“I need to go now or your parents will be worried.” He stood up and walked to the door to wear his shoes. I sent him out and resume my normal duties.

 

The next day felt special. I did not know why but it just did. I flipped open my phone and found 10 unread messages. I was shocked never had I got so many messages. I opened my inbox and realized all stated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I looked at the date. It was 20 December and it indeed was my birthday.

 

I laughed at myself for not realizing that. I went to change and went to work. It seems like none of the boys knew that it was my birthday. It was a lucky thing. I did not like parties. The day was more busy than yesterday. At least yesterday there were only a few locations. Today, we have up to 10 schedules in 10 hours.

 

I sighed and we start our ‘Marathon’. By the end of the day, I was beat. Yet again, when I was about to leave, Jaejoong stopped me.

 

“You are not sending me home.” I said.

 

“I have something for you but it’s downstairs.” I was confused but agreed to his request. When we were downstairs, He took out a white bag from the corner which I don’t know.

 

“Happy birthday.” He smiled and passed me the bag. It looked like a bento inside. I looked at him while he urged me to open it. He seems to be sweating. Is it something nerve wrecking?

 

I opened it and it was indeed a bento. A bento made by him. Above the rice, it wrote ‘Soo-Yun ah, Saranghae.’ I froze immediately. Is he confessing? I looked at him and he cleared his throat, his eyes dodging mine.

 

Finally, he stopped looking round and looked at me. “Soo-Yun ah, I know this is a little sudden, but will you accept me into your life? Will you be with me always? Will you be my girlfriend?” I almost fainted. I was not the only one who liked him. My legs then gave out on me. I closed my eyes expecting myself to land on the floor feeling excruciating pain, but instead, I didn’t, someone was holding onto me. I opened my eyes and saw Jaejoong. He was holding on to my waist. Since My legs gave up on me, he settled me on the floor. When he was about to let go, I pulled him back, causing him to look at me yet again. I placed on hand on his shoulder and directed him to move closer. I moved my head near his right ear. “I will accept you into my life, I will be with you always and I will be your girlfriend.” I whispered into his ears and pulled back smiling.

 

He was shock. However, he returned to his emotionless face, took my other hand and place it on his shoulder. He then place his on both sides of my waist and pulled me to sit on his lap. Both of us were looking at each other’s eyes. Not breaking contact. It seems like time stopped around us, the world was not moving and we were the only ones who are. He moved closer and closer till our lips met. It was when the grand clock nearby struck twelve the both of our lips met. 

 

It lasted for a while before I pulled back. We looked into each other’s eyes for a while more and I looked away dodging his eyes, clearing my throat. “Seems like I have to stay here today judging from the time.” He could only smile and pulled me up. However, My leg still gave up on me, causing me to collapse on the floor.

 

“I think I’d better carry you. With the rate you are falling, we will never get back.” He smiled. He carried me bridal style with my arms around his neck. I hug him tighter so that my chin will be at his shoulder and his ear is beside my mouth.

 

“I missed you.” I whispered. He jerked a little and he turned his head to look at me. I could only stay like that while my tears flow down my cheeks. Like that, I fell asleep while he was carrying me to my room.

 

The next morning, I woke up with the other 4 members looking at me. I immediately sat up and covering myself. “YA! What are all of you doing?” I pulled the blanket closer to my chest.

 

“What did you do to Jaejoong Hyung?” Junsu asked looking puzzled.

 

“What did I do?” I asked them back.

 

“He could not stop smiling to himself when he placed you on your bed. It’s like his possessed or something. Till this morning, he was still smiling.” Yunho explained. I then remembered what happened yesterday and touched my lips and blushed.

 

“Why are you blushing? Jaejoong did something to you right?” Yoochun said and wriggled his eyebrows.

 

“Don’t spout nonsense.” I hit Yoochun on his arm lightly. All of them then gave me a suspicious look placing their hands on the chin and rubbing it lightly.

 

Suddenly, Jaejoong entered. “Ya! What are all of you doing to my Girlfriend?”

 

“GIRLFRIEND?!” All of them shouted. I smacked my head and my body fell back onto bed, eyes closed. I am so dead.

 

Jaejoong then covered his mouth. “Oops”

 

“The two of you are dating? Officially?”

 

“Since when?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell us?”

 

I covered the blanket over my head praying that all of this is just a dream, a horrible dream. Suddenly, I felt the covers being thrown away and I opened my eyes seeing the boys all staring at me and Jaejoong who was currently sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

“Seems like the Japan trip has created sparks between the both of you.” Said yoochun. This is not good. They are so up to something.

 

“Breakfast!” said Junsu and all of them went out, leaving Jaejoong and I alone. He asked me to wash up and go for breakfast. After breakfast came the horrible part, Truth or dare, to be exact, it was a programme for the 4 of them.

 

The first time, it landed on me of all people. I am so going to die.

 

“Truth or dare?” Asked Yunho.

 

“Erm… Truth?” I hesitate since Dare was not a good choice.

 

“Change of rules. Only one chance for a Truth” Yoochun said.

 

“Ya!” Both Jaejoong and I shouted. Not long later, Both Jaejoong and I had already used our only Truth. I was praying hard that the bottle won’t land on either of us. But it seems like fate wasn’t on our side. It landed on Jaejoong.

 

“Your Dare is to… kiss Soo-Yun for a full minute.” Yoochun said and the other 3 clapped.

 

“WHAT?!” The both of us shouted again.

 

“Don’t be such a spoil sport.” Yunho said.

 

Jaejoong then looked at me while I gulped down my saliva. He pulled me to sit on his leg. Then they started timing us. Jaejoong was at first hesitant since it was embarrassing, but if we don’t they will prank us till we die. He leaned closer while I placed my arms around his neck.

 

After a full minute, They boys didn’t tell us. They purposely dragged the time. We could not take it anymore so we pulled apart. I was panting like crazy and so was Jaejoong. However, without myself knowing, Tears spilled out of my eyes. Jaejoong then reached his hands out wiped it away from me. The boys were high-fiving each other. I stood up immediately and glare at them.

 

“You – Argh..”  I then stormed out of the dorm wiping my tears. I heard someone behind me calling me but I ignored it. I ran all the way home and slumped down on the couch. Looking at the time, it was already 10 30am and they have a schedule at 12pm. I called Jaejoong to tell him what to do before I changed my clothes and took a Cab back.

 

Why was life so hectic these days? Today’s schedule was extended till 11pm. I think I am going to die. When I reached the boy’s dorm, I had no choice but to stay over again since it is already 12 30am.

 

I took a shower and was about to fall asleep when I heard a knock on my door. “Come in. “ Then a black figure walked in. Since it was dark, I could not see who it was. The figure walked to the other side of the bed and went into the covers, Pulling me nearer. With his arms round my waist, I feel safer. Within no time, I drifted off to sleep in his arms yet again…

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments.

Finally everyone is together.

Wonder what obstacles would they face.