50

Manage My Love

 

“Economics.” I looked at mine and it also said economics. “Let’s go.” He followed me behind. I looked at myself and realize I was not in a really appropriate attire to be helping professors. I was in shorts. I decided to not care and carried on. We’ve reached the theatre and I popped my head in to get a lot of attention and me. Professor Jung also turned. He gave me a smile and a nod and I entered. Jinki however stood at the door…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I approached the professor, He asked me who’s the guy at the door. “New student, Lee Jinki.” The professor then invited Jinki in and ask him to take a seat at the empty seat in the front. He sat down and I could see girls whispering most probably about him.

 

“This is Miss Park Soo-Yun. Call her Miss Park, She’s a teacher helper. You’ll be seeing her around in school for some time.” Professor Jung introduced.

 

I took a bow. “I’m Miss park. Hope we’d have a great time.” I smiled and the class sort of cheered. I know what does that mean. When I was studying, teachers whom student don’t like, they would clap. If they like him or her a lot due to looks or figure, they would clap and cheer.

 

After class, I decided to bring Jinki to his class since he’s new here. I totally forgot about the map. However, when I stepped out of class, a flock of guys were crowding around me asking questions. Jinki was behind me so he wasn’t really pushed away. He then went out and stood at the door waiting for me.

 

“Miss Park how old are you?”

 

“Do You have a boyfriend?”

 

“Can I have your number?”

 

“Do you want to have lunch with me?” I just smiled and tried to make my way past them. However, as they were boys, I can’t really get out of the circle they formed. “Miss Park.” Someone called out, causing the guys to turn around. I took  my chance and slipped out. So the mysterious voice was Jinki.

 

“It seems like you’re really popular in school.” He said.

 

“I’m young.” I said and walked faster with him following behind me. We stopped at another theatre. He stepped in and I went to the office to get a map. “Oh I totally forgot about it. I’m real sorry.” The receptionist smiled and I walked off thanking her.

 

I got to his class and knocked on the door gently. “I need to see Student Lee Jinki.” He stood up and came up to me, silent. I passed him the map and shooed him back to class, thanking the professor. I got back to the class I was supposed to be. It seems like every class is the same. I get surrounded by flocks of guys. This was really getting on my nerves.

 

I pulled out my phone to call Jinki since I don’t know what time he ends and apparently I’m supposed to drive him home. “Soo-Yun?” He answered like he’s shock I would call him.

 

“What time do you end class?” I asked.

 

“The next class is my last period.”

 

“Ok. Meet me at the car. I’m driving back.”

 

“Ok.” And we hung up. Why did I get myself dragged into this problem? Hongki and Jae-hyun came to visit the house. Both the owners are not home. What should I do? When classes ended, I went to look for the principle. “I can’t help every day. I can only help twice a week. Is it ok?” I asked and she nodded. “It’s better than not helping.”She smiled and headed back to her work.

 

When I headed to the car, a whole group of students were crowding around the car. There it goes I said to myself in my mind. When I approached, I saw that the guys were not there for no reason. They were towering over Jinki who was practically squatting on the floor.

 

“What do you think you all are doing?” I asked with my hands on my hips.

 

“Miss Park.” One guy said and they stepped back. Jinki stood up and came to my side. “Why are you all bullying him? 6 is to 1? How uncivilized can you all get?” I smirked. “Don’t you bully him or any other students. If I see it again, you’ll get it from the school.” I unlocked my car and got in. Jinki had to walk past them to get to the other side. “Where are you going punk?” The guy asked.

 

Jinki stood there like a statue. “He’s getting a ride home that’s what he’s doing. The 6 of you better watch what you’re doing in school.” I said. They allowed Jinki to get to his seat and we drove off. From the mirror, I saw them swearing and pointing fingers.

 

When we were out of sight, I spoke up. “What did they say to you?” I asked, seeing him remaining so silent. “They asked why was I waiting for you.” He said softly.

 

“Can’t you say I’m your Noona or something?” I said, taking a glimpse of him there and then. “I don’t want my wife to be known as my sibling.” He exclaimed. He looks scary when he’s angry. That’s what I realized. “our marriage Is not announced yet. We can’t do anything.” I explained to the currently angry Jinki.

 

“Appa said he will announce it soon.” I gave him a horrified look. That’s bad. When we got home, Hongki welcomed us with a hug each. Jae-hyun came up to me and smiled. “Hongki, I need to talk to you.”

 

“Sure Noona.” He smiled. He is really adorable. He’s like a kid. He even look like one.

 

When we were in my room, he jump and sat on my bed causing him to go up and down a few times before the bed became still again. “I need to ask you something about Jinki.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Have you attended school with him before?”

 

“Yup once.”

 

“Did you know if he’d got bullied?”

 

“I only know he got bullied once in junior high. He got so badly beaten that he had to stay home for a week. Why?”

 

“because I saw a group of guys towering him today.”

 

“That’s bad.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Hyung doesn’t retaliate to these things. He would just stand there like a statue speechless.”

 

“Thank you Hongki.”

 

“You’re welcome.” And he stepped out of my room. What am I going to do now? I stepped into our shared bedroom. I was looking for him, but he was nowhere. I then heard a soft hissing sound from his room. The door was ajar. I looked inside and saw him touching his ribcage lightly and flinching. I pushed opened the door and he turned around.

 

“Are you not going to tell anyone about it forever?” I had my hands on my hips. He wore his shirt back and stood up. “It’s going to not swell soon. I’m fine. “ He looked down avoiding my gaze. I pulled out my phone and look for the doctor’s number. “I’m calling the doctor.” I said.

 

“Don’t.”

 

“You’d rather I tell your mum or call the doctor?”

 

“Doctor it is.” He sat back down on the bed while we waited for the doctor to arrive. I went down stairs and Hongki was watching TV, about to fall asleep. Just then the door bell rang and Butler Kim opened the door.

 

I shook Hongki whom jolted awake. “ the doctor to your hyung’s room.” He smiled and led the way. I sat on the sofa and closed my eyes. I was really very tired.  “You ok?” Jae-Hyun was standing behind me.

 

“I’m fine.” I said as I sat up. She sat down beside me. “About Jinki?” She asked and I nodded. “He’s bullied in school.” I yawned.

 

“And you’re so calm about it.” She smiled.

 

“I intend to tell his Omma about it.”

 

“Not asking him for his opinion first?”

 

“He doesn’t want me to tell. I’m going to tell anyway. It’s his Omma. She has the rights to know.” She then kept quiet. I pulled out my phone and dialed Omma’s number.

 

“Yoboseyo, Omma… I’m fine… are you free now? I want to meet you… Sure… ok… See you.” I hung up and Jae-hyun Unnie smiled at me. I went up to change and went to meet Omma.

 

“What is it you want to talk to me about?” Omma asked as she sipped her coffee.

 

“Jinki’s bulled in school.” I took a deep breath before saying.

 

“Are you sure? He has been a good boy in school. He didn’t get bullied in school before.” She looked at me with suspect.

 

“Hongki said…” She cut what I wanted to say.

 

“Hongki’s just a kid then. He won’t know anything.” She continued.

 

“So You don’t believe what I just said?”

 

“I don’t. If there’s nothing else, I need to go now. I have a meeting to attend.” She stood up and left. Since she doesn’t want to care, I don’t have anything to worry about.

 

I headed home and sat back down on the sofa. “So what did his mum say?” Jae-hyun sat beside me and asked softly. “She’s doesn’t believe me so I’m not going to care either.” I stretched and she opened her eyes wide.

 

“He’s your husband. How can you not care when you saw it?” She exclaimed.

 

“She’s his mother and she doesn’t care so why should I?” I stood up and walked up the stairs. I walked into our shared bedroom to find him sleeping. I then went back to my own room and took a long shower. When I stepped out of the shower drying my hair, I saw the bags that I left on the floor yesterday. I walked towards them, sat on my bed and brought them on the bed.

 

I took out the items one by one. Books, dresses, shoes, make up. Everything that caught my eye yesterday. I stood up and headed to the door which connects to our shared bedroom. He was still sleeping. I walked towards him and sat down softly on my side of the bed. “If I’d met you first, I may accept you.” I said softly and headed back to my room.

 

I took the clothes and brought it down and passed it to the maid to bring to the laundry room. I was then looking for Jae-hyun. She was not in her room. I then heard laughter from Hongki’s room. I walked nearer and it got louder. I knocked softly on the door, hearing a “Come in.”

 

When I stepped in Hongki had a shocked expression painted on his face. “Why are you so shocked?” I asked with a small smile pinned on my face.

 

“Nothing.” He then stayed silent. “I’m here to ask would you like to eat chef’s food or my food?”

 

“Your food.” I nodded and stepped out. Now there’s something fishy going on between the both of them. I went to the kitchen and told the chef he can go home and rest earlier today. He bowed and left. I looked at the clock and its 5pm.

 

When I was done, it was 7pm. Some Maids brought out the food while others went up to call them down. Hongki came down with Jae-hyun laughing. Then one of the maid approached me. “I knock on the door but Mr. Lee didn’t respond.”

 

“I’ll go wake him up. You can go back to do your work.” I said. She smiled, bowed and left. I walked up the stairs and headed to the double doors. I went to the bed and shook him lightly. “Jinki, Jinki, wake up.” He groaned a little and turned to the right. I shook him again and he sat up with his hair all messed up.

 

“Dinner’s ready. Go down for dinner.” I said coldly. Suddenly, I felt a hand pulling me back. I turned around and pushed his hand away. “Don’t touch me.” He stayed silent for a while. “I…” I looked at him in the face. Not really in the face since he’s looking down.

 

He looked up with his eyes all shiny. “I…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What’s he going to say?

Is he going to say something she doesn’t want to hear?

Wait for the next chapter

Comments.