34

Manage My Love

 

I woke up earlier than I expected. It was apparently only 5am. Jinki Oppa will only pick me up at 10am as he says that girls need more sleep. I apparently couldn’t fall back asleep. I looked at my open closet to see my track suit and it sparked off an idea.

 

I stepped out of the house in less than 10 minutes in my track suit and ear plugs in my ears. I decided to go jogging.  It seems like Winter mornings is not a good time to jog. Apparently I was freezing. However, I cannot stop. If I do, I may freeze to death due to the decline of body temperature.

 

I bared with it. I rubbed my upper arm to keep myself warm. Suddenly, I felt something covering me. I turned around to see my friend, Jeup Taemin. “Just let me help you, Soo-Yun.” I’m indeed younger than him. He’s a few month’s older than me. I was in the same class as him since elementary school. Till 3rd year of Junior high, I started jumping grades, and I never seen him anymore after that. I remembered when I was younger, I was always bullied by other as I always fare well. Taemin was the only one who was there for me. I can’t help by smile to myself.

 

We were already sitting down on the bench beside the pavement. “Why are you smiling?” He gave me his signature smile that no girl can resist.

 

“Just thinking back about the times we had in school.” I looked up at the sky which was fairly a mix of orange and dark blue.

 

“Still jogging in the mornings?” I asked him again.

 

“Yah. A habit that I can never change.” He smiled again, but this time looking down.

 

“Seems like it’s my fault.” I chuckled. I remembered I use to want to lose weight and would go jogging every morning. When Taemin found out about it, he ran with me, claiming that he was always awake at that time and could not get back to sleep. However, I knew that it was because he wanted to accompany me. During classes, he would yawn and yawn, sometimes even doze off. I am happy to have a friend like him.

 

“It’s not. It’s just I like the morning air.” He was quite anxious at first, but then he relaxed and smiled, looking up in taking in a deep breath. “How I wish it’s like old times where we hang out.” He said with his eyes closed, still breathing in fresh air.

 

“I am really sorry Min-ah. I felt that I abandoned you totally.” I felt really bad. Ever since I started jumping grades, I never hang out with Taemin anymore. It was like he disappeared from my life.

 

“It seems like it was just yesterday where I would see you from afar, talking to other people. All I could do then was watch.” He smiled.

 

“I’m really sorry, Min-ah.” I felt really guilty at that instant.

 

“But, it seems like yesterday we were strangers, but now, we are friends again.” He looked at me again, giving me the smile that never fails to give me comfort. “Want to get coffee?” I asked him as he yet again flashed his killer smile.

 

We were at Starbucks. He ordered 2 cups of hot chocolate instead. “Coffee is bad for health.” He smiled again and placed it on the table. He was still the caring Taemin I knew. The one who lectures you on health and sickness, just like Jaejoong. I started smiling unknowingly again.

 

“Why are you smiling randomly again?” he gave me a questioning look.

 

“Just thinking of someone.” His smile faded.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, rarely seeing him act like this when we were younger. He was always the cheerful kid I knew. He just shook his head. I knew something was wrong. ‘’Hold your drink.” He held it tightly. I then stood up and pulled him out of Starbuck, to somewhere quiet where we can talk, privately…

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jaejoong’s POV

It was only 7am and I can’t fall back into sleep. Everything that played in my mind was about Soo-Yun. I really wonder how she is doing now. Is she still sleeping? Had she had breakfast? I was so frustrated. Not seeing her for 4 days? Kill myself.

 

Suddenly, my phone rang. I jumped immediately grabbed it hoping it was Soo-Yun. However, to my disappointment, it was not. It was my soulmate, Park Yoochun. “Ya. Why are you calling me when you are next door?” I hissed in frustration.

 

“Chill man. Just calling you to ask you about that song.” After around 10 minutes, Yoochun finally hung up. I was missing Soo-Yun so much. I wonder if she was also missing me. I then remembered.

 

I ran to my bag and found what I was looking for. I placed it into the CD player and blasted it. It was the song I sang with Soo-Yun though she was not professional, she sounded like one. I listened to it over and over again. It was as if Soo-Yun was just beside me.

 

I then stopped the music and pulled out my Ipod and continued listening to that song on full blast. I was cooking half way when someone pulled out my ear plugs from my Ipod and the songs started playing out loud.

 

“Wow. Nice song. Who’s the girl?” Yoochun clapped a little

 

“Secret.” I placed my finger on my lips.

 

“What will happen if Soo-Yun found out?” Yoochun threatened and laughed.

 

“She won’t say anything. She liked the song too.” Yoochun had an O shaped mouth.

 

“Let’s ask her to feature for our new album since we need a female to feature.” Yoochun suggested.

 

“I don’t think she would want to feature in our album.” I thought for a while before answering.

 

“You didn’t ask how would you know?” Yoochun shot back.

 

“I just know.” Yoochun then kept quiet and headed out. I didn’t want Soo-Yun to get into trouble. Coming from a wealthy family, spotlights would be casted on her. If others found out that she was our manager and featuring for us, she would be in a huge mess. I slumped back on the couch thinking about the problem…

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

I pulled him in front of a lake. There was no one and a bench was there, facing the lake. I pulled him to sit down with me beside him. “Tell me what’s wrong.” I demanded, knowing Taemin is someone who is rarely sad.

 

“It’s nothing.” He shook his head and stared at the lid of his drink. I then sat facing the other side, not facing him, showing him that I was angry.

 

“Are you angry?” He asked softly. I ignored him. He nudge me and I ignored him again. This time he shook me and I got annoyed. “What?” I said, sounding a little angry.

 

“Don’t be angry.” He was like always, not wanting people to dislike him or get angry at him. I smiled, knowing that I successfully fooled him, however I changed back into the stern look.

 

“So tell me what’s wrong.” I said, still not looking at him, rather, I looked at the lake. “It’s just… I’m getting engaged.” He said softly.

 

“What?” I exclaimed, turning to look at him. He could only nod.

 

“Who’s the girl? Do I know her?” I asked. He shook his head. I know he was upset. When I was still talking to him in Senior high, he told me he liked a girl and he said I know her, but he didn’t specify who she is. I think he still likes her, causing him to be so upset now.

 

“Min-ah, I know you have someone you like, but there’s nothing we can do to help you. Your parents are very stern as what we know.” He was silent.  I tried to lighten the mood. It was not always we get to sit down and talk like this. I don’t want a bad topic to ruin our conversation.

 

“Let’s talk about something else and lighten the mood. Don’t let that spoil our day.” He smiled a little, but not like always.

 

“How’s school?”

 

“Just finished the university entry exam. I am waiting for the results now.“

 

“That’s good to hear. Do you have confidence?”

 

“Soo-Yun ah…”

 

“Yah?”

 

“I like you, and…” Taemin spoke, and I hit him lightly on the arm laughing.

 

“Of course you do. We are good friends.”

 

“I really like you and…”

 

“I like you too.” I smiled.

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Taemin’s POV

 

I found all the courage I had and confessed to Soo-Yun. However, she seems to treat me as her good friend, her childhood friend. I decided to then keep it all to myself and remain good friends with her forever, not ruining this friendship and be friends forever.

 

I Looked up at her and flash her my most charming smile. She was like always smiling and trying to cheer me up when I am down. “Can I hug you?” I asked her. It was what we always did when we were in school. She looked a little shocked but she still nodded. I pulled her into a hug. I missed her so much. When she started jumping grades, I felt so alone. I had no one to talk to. She made new friends and we rarely talked anymore other than during the morning jogging sessions that’s why I didn’t get rid of the Jogging habit. It is so I can see her.

 

I felt her hugging me back. I want time to stop now, so that I can make the best out of time. I am going to make this the last time I feel like this towards her. I know she likes someone, but that person’s not me. I pulled away and looked at her.  “I feel so much better talking to you.” I smiled.

 

“You always do. If you have problems, you can always come to me.” She chirped. How I wish I can tell her I like her, I don’t want to get married to that girl, but her. She’s the one I had been crushing since Senior high.

 

“Min-ah, I need to go now. I call you and we come out for coffee again? Since you are already on holiday, your time should be more open. Maybe you can even introduce me the girl you like.” She smiled and walked off waving. I see her getting smaller and smaller and eventually disappear from my sight. I wonder when will I see her again?

 

End of Taemin’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

I walked back home after talking to Taemin. He was still like before, as innocent and cute. He is such a nice guy. The girl he likes must be the luckiest girl in the world. I swung my hands and walked back to my dorm.

 

I looked at my watch and it was already 8am. I need to go home first since Omma called me yesterday night. I quickly showered and got ready and left the house. I texted Jinki Oppa that I will be going home so he will see me at home.

 

When I reached home, I saw Dongho Oppa open the door with his smile. He bowed and led me to the dining room where they were all having breakfast.  “Come and join us, Soo-Yun ah.” Omma gestured the chef to prepare a set for me.

 

“No need Omma. I don’t have the habit of eating breakfast anymore. I will just have hot chocolate.” The chef then bowed and prepared what I wanted.

 

“Soo-Yun ah, it’s not good to skip breakfast.”  Omma said as I took the seat beside her. I gave a slight nod to Jinki Oppa who sat opposite me, while he flashed his ever charming smile.

 

The Chef came back not long after with my hot chocolate. I drank it and pulled Jinki Oppa who was done with his breakfast out of the house while bidding my parents goodbye as we walked out of the house. Oppa however was turning backwards and bowing to them.

 

I got into the driver’s seat of his car. He was standing outside the door. I opened the window. “Why aren’t you getting in?” I asked.

 

“I should drive. You’re doing me a favour after all.” He scratched his head.

 

“It’s ok. I am more familiar with the roads after all. If I am tired you can drive if you want.” I smiled and he smiled too, going to the passenger’s seat…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should I make her end up with Jinki?

Maybe I should.

I shall consider.

Do you want Jinki or Jaejoong?

Please comment and cast your votes.