46

Manage My Love

 

It started to get into me and I started crying. Tears flowed down uncontrollably. I couldn’t stop it. Suddenly, the door burst open…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There stood a shocked Hongki with his hand covering his mouth. His eyes were wide with shock. “Soo-Yun!” He rushed to my side. He squat down beside my bed where I was seated and tried to look at my face.

 

“Soo-Yun, Don’t cry.” He shook me lightly. I dried my tears and gave him a weak smile. “I’m alright. You don’t have to worry about me.” I pat his head lightly. “I’m going to tell hyung.” He stood up, about to run when I grabbed his wrist. “Don’t. ” I said with a very stern voice. Jinki would then start asking me weird questions if he knew. I would rather pass.

 

“Why not? Hyung would be worried if he sees you like this.” Hongki sat down at the edge of the bed at the foot of the bed. “I don’t want to trouble him anymore. He has a lot to think about. My problem is nothing. Hongki-ah, trust me. I’m fine.” I smile at him with my most genuine smile. He nodded his head in approval and moved to sit on the chair beside me.

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Jinki’s POV

 

When I realized Soo-Yun and Hongki not in the living room, I decided to look for them. They were not in Hongki’s room. When I approached Soo-Yun’s room, I could hear sound of laughter. The main door was not closed properly, allowing me to take a peek inside. Soo-Yun and Hongki were laughing happily. Ever since Soo-Yun moved here to stay, she had never laugh like that, especially towards me. She was always putting up that cold front with me. I could feel my chest tighten. Why is my heart aching?

 

I knocked on the door lightly and the both of them looked up. When Soo-Yun noticed it was me, the smile on her face faded immediately. “It’s time for lunch.” I said while looking at Soo-Yun. Her face returned to the emotionless face which she wears when she’s around me. My heart ached more. Does she really hate me so much?

 

I followed behind them and they were talking again. I could see the smile starting to form on her lips again. When is she going to accept me and smile to me like that? Like before when we had so much fun? I really missed the old her. The one who treats me like a friend…

 

End of Jinki’s POV

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

There was a stage performance today. I was not so bothered by Soo-Yun’s letter like before. Now, I was going to look good on stage, putting on shows for her. I want her to see me in my best form when she sees me. Even though we won’t see each other face to face, she was able to see me from the television, I was content.  I on the other hand only have her picture to remind myself of her.

 

I looked into the mirror and neaten my clothing. I stood backstage waiting for the MC to introduce us. When we got on stage, I gave them all I got. I wanted Soo-Yun to see that I was doing well. I know the letter she wrote broke her own heart more than mine. I know she will come and look for me when the time is right. For now, I must let her see that I was doing well, so she doesn’t need to worry.

 

When the performance ended, I was panting hard. The next song was a slow song. The song is titled ‘ Afterglow’. I started off the song and in my whole mind, the only thing that was in my mind was Soo-Yun. I could feel tears welled up in my eyes. I was trying hard to not cry, but tears eventually dropped, one by one. I could hear the fans asking me to not cry. When the song finally ended, The other members turned to look at me.

 

The MC came up to us and gave us the microphone, allowing us to say a few words. The MC passed me the microphone. “I’m very happy to have fans like you supporting us, DBSK. I hope the person I’m looking for is watching this. No matter what, I will look for you.” I then passed the microphone to Yunho who was standing beside me.

 

When we got back stage, I couldn’t hold in the rest of the tears anymore. I headed to our changing room and buried my head in my palms. This song reminds me of Soo-Yun too much. She liked this song and whenever we’re in Japan, she would make me sing a verse or two for her. I felt a hand on my back. Without turning back to look, I can tell it’s Yoochun. “Thinking of Soo-Yun again?” He asked and I could only nod weakly.

 

“You have to stay strong Jae. Remember what I said. You have to stay strong.” He pat my back lightly and left me alone like the other members. I know they’re all concerned about me. However, this song brings back too many memories…

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Hongki’s POV

 

During lunch, it was abnormally quiet. They didn’t talk to each other at all. Their eyes are not even meeting. They looked more like enemies than a married couple to me. I know their marriage was planned, but the situation was too tense.

 

Soo-Yun on the other hand was not eating at all. She was playing around her food. Shifting it around the plate. She didn’t touch her food at all. She didn’t even take a bite. I was looking at her all the time. Now I’m thinking if I should tell Hyung about what happened to her in her room. I promised Soo-Yun that I won’t however, she doesn’t seem alright to me.

 

She suddenly stood up and excused herself from the dining table. Hyung looked at her with longing eyes. “Hyung, I have something to tell you after lunch.” I told him after seeing Soo-Yun disappear from our sight. Hyung looked shocked at first but he nodded his head. We ate silently and headed to the living room to talk.

 

“What did you want to tell me?” He asked as we sat down on the Sofa. “It’s about Soo-yun.” Hyung turned his face to look at me quickly. His eyes filled with worry and fear.

 

“I found her crying in her room before lunch hyung. She doesn’t seem alright even though she claimed that she was.” I could see hyung slump back on his seat with his eyes wide with shock. “You will talk to her right hyung?” I asked. He weakly nodded, still in shock. I decided to leave him alone and headed back to my room where I started doing random things around the room.

 

End of Hongki’s POV

 

Jinki’s POV

 

Soo-Yun’s been crying? The only time I’d seen her cry was when it was raining. The tear streaked face. I ran up to her room to find her in her walk in closet. I stood at the door waiting for her to realize my presence. She was walking past the rack with her hands caressing each piece of cloth. I watch her walking gracefully round the room before she realized I was looking at her for some time. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

“I don’t see anything to talk about.” She said harshly. I walked in and pulled her by her wrist and dragged her out of the walk in closet and threw her on her bed. She turned around with her hair all over her face. “What do you think you’re doing?” She half shouted.

 

“I want to talk to you and you talk to me in such a way. I asked you nicely and you answer harshly. I don’t see you talking to Hongki like that.”

 

“That what you want to talk about?” She smirked. I turned to look at her.

 

“No. I’m here to talk to you what happened before lunch.”

 

“Lunch? It seems like Hongki told you?” She said and her tone dropped a little. She turned around and had her back facing me. I walked towards her and placed my hand on her shoulder. She pushed it away. “Don’t touch me.” She said monotonously.

 

“Do you really intend to treat me like this the next 2 years?” I asked, getting more and more fed up.

 

“So what if I am and so what if I’m not?” She retorted, still not bothering to face me. I was worried for her and the only thing she can do is act ruthless and cold, backing away from me, treating me like her worst enemy.

 

“I thought at least I cared for you, you would do the same it seems like I was wrong.” I walked out of the door connecting to our shared bedroom with a drop of tear sliding down my cheeks…

 

End of Jinki’s POV

Soo-Yun’s POV

 

Why does he care? We have agreed that this marriage was nothing but a contract between the both of us. We were just going to survive for 2 years in this pretentious marriage. I wanted to go out for a breather so I stepped out of my room and headed towards the door. When I was about to turn the door knob, the door bell rang. I opened the door to face a familiar face. “Soo-Yun!” She gave me a hug and I was shocked.

 

“Jae hyun? Why are you…” I was talking when I heard Hongki’s voice behind me. I turned around to find him half way down the steps. Jae hyun then stepped into our house and she smiled. “who’s that?” Hongki asked.

 

“Let me introduce you. This is my cousin Han Jae hyun and that is Lee Hongki, Jinki’s cousin.” I said.

 

“Jinki? Who’s Jinki? Your husband?” She jumped when I nodded. “I want to see him where’s he?” I shrugged. He left my room and I haven’t heard from him or see him then. “Hongki, bring her around. I need to take a walk.” I said as I gave her a gentle push towards Hongki.

 

“I can go with you.” Jae Hyun said and she tagged along. “I’ll tell Hyung for you when he asks.” I heard Hongki say before I closed the door. I walked really slowly towards the park round the corner. I had actually wanted time alone, but since Jae hyun decided to tag along, I let her. It was awkward for her to stay there not knowing anyone.

 

The journey to the park was silent. When we’ve finally reached, we settled down at the bench in front of the lake. I took in a deep breath. The air was really fresh and there was not much people other than us. “There’s something wrong with you. I can tell.” Jae Hyun Unnie said . I had my eyes closed allowing the wind to blow away my misery.

 

I opened my eyes slowly and turned to look at her. “Jinki and I had an arranged marriage.” I started

 

“I know. Auntie told me. That’s why I’m here.” She gave me the smile. The smile was the one she gives when she’s comforting me. “I had a boyfriend when they told me I was engaged.” I sighed shakily. I was about to cry again. I was pulling my tears back.

 

“Boyfriend? Do I know him? Why didn’t you tell me?” She said.

 

“You must have heard I was DBSK’s manager for some time from Omma right?” I asked and she nodded.

 

“My boyfriend is DBSK’s lead vocalist, Kim Jaejoong.” I said his name carefully, trying not to trigger my emotions. “That Hottie? Did Auntie and Uncle know?” she asked.

 

“I don’t think so. They didn’t say anything about it.” My voice started shaking more and more vigorously. She realized and pull my into a hug. “Cry out Soo-Yun, cry out all your tears and be strong. I know you are a strong girl.” She my hair like how Jaejoong does. This then triggered my tears to start spilling and I cried in Jae Hyun Unnie’s embrace. Jaejoong, Jaejoong-ah, I miss you…

 

End of Soo-Yun’s POV

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was feeling the tension when I was writing

The next 2 chapters will be about Haemin and Yoora

 they’ve been neglected for a few chapters.

Comments.