Chapter 53 - The End

The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi’s Pov

Graduation is arriving sooner than I though. The day after tomorrow, we'll no longer be high school students. Thinking about it now makes me wonder where the time has gone. We will no longer be kids but adult and I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Still, it'll be sad, though. We're not going to see each other that much considering everyone is going their separate way, especially Taehyung who's moving far away with his dad. Kyungsoo is going to go to culinary school while working at his parent’s bakery. Jimin told me Jongin is joining a local dance academy nearby and when he's not doing that, he's going to help Kyungsoo out from time to time. Krystal is leaving the day after graduation. She has an early orientation and enrollment so she's going there a week early. Her parents must be proud having a daughter like that. I believe she can achieve anything she put her mind to. Jackson said he was going back to his homeland, wanting to see his parents again. Joonmyun's grandparents want him to take over the family business so he got that going for him. Then there's Jungkook. I have no idea what he got plan. Knowing Taehyung moving away must be hard for him, but he doesn't show it. In fact, he's smiling and all. Taehyung told me Jungkook always leave him alone when he comes over. He said something about talking to his dad for an hour or so before coming back to him. I thought it was weird. If Jimin were to leave, I would have spent all my time with him but that’s just me. Speaking of us, Jimin, Hyuna and I are going to community college nearby. We all want to explore our options before picking a major but that's months away. We have a long way to go.

 

Today is the day before graduation. All the seniors are gathered together on the open field and are having a picnic. Everyone is in their own group, including us. The rule of this picnic is that each of us was to bring something, foods, drinks or utensil and share it among the group. We decided ahead of time on who is bringing what and had our picnic at our usual spot. As Jimin and I were walking towards the gang, my mind wonders off to the first time I found this spot. It was the first time I’d noticed Taehyung.

It was during freshmen year. The last class of the day was over and I didn't feel like going home yet. I was bored and this school was huge. It was the first day of school so why not explores some more. I have three more years of this school, might as well get familiar with it.

After walking around some more, I was getting tired. It was also getting dark so I decided to leave; my parent must be home now. I was walking towards the exit, ear buds in both ears when I saw him. He was sitting alone. I didn't know who he was then but I remember he was in the same gym class with me. He made a great first impression, tripping as he enters the gym.

When I got closer to him, I heard him talking. At first, I thought he was talking to me but I was wrong. He was talking to himself. My music was on low so I could hear what he was saying. He was giving himself a pep talk. No uses on staying, I continue my walk but as I was leaving, I remember him saying, "It’s going to be a great year. You're going to make lots of friends. Whatever happen, just be positive."

I noticed him more after that day. I seen him walking in the hallway and more at the gym. For a couple of weeks, things were normal. Everyone was getting along with him but things change after a month has pass. Rumors started to spread and people was making him an outcast. Still, I haven’t actually talked to him. Things was getting worst for him. I think Jungkook started to bully him by now.

Another month has pass is when I actually had to talk to him. We were force to pair up as partner. I think I gave him a face unintentionally that day. Everyone was point and giggling at me when they saw us partner up. I didn't care but apparently he did. He apologizes to me for being force to be his partner. I told him there was nothing to apologize for before starting out workout session. When we were given a break, he told me it was okay to leave him alone. I was surprise but didn’t think much of it. I told him I was too lazy to get up so we sat next to each other. It was weird, sitting in silence. I could see him wanting talk but something was holding him back. He need a push so I told him to spill it. I think it came out wrong because he look frighten so I apologize for my tone. I told him he look like he wanted to say something in a calmer voice and he asks if I want to hear a story. I said go for it and he did. The story was quite interesting. It was one after another and his story captivate me. I’ve really enjoy them. By the time class was over, I wanted to hear more so I told him we should hang out after class. He was surprised but smile anyways.

I was out of my gym clothes and waited for him outside the locker room. I wave at him when he came out and he flinched, not believing I was waited. I ask where he was going and he told me he was meeting a friend; Kyungsoo. I told him cool and to lead the way. He was skeptical but brought me along with him.

We walk to the same place I saw him on the first day of school. There was another person sitting there already, Kyungsoo. I’ve never seen him but there was rumor about him and Taehyung. He was puzzled when he seen me but was welcoming. He even share his lunch with me and I can tell you, it was to die for. Well hanging with them, I can remember thinking why people was talking bad about them. They were two normal students, normal like any other student can be. So after that day, I started hanging out with them more than the people I used to hang out with. They rather listen to rumors than actually get to know them. Whatever, it’s a lost for them.

 

Kyungsoo's Pov

Having everyone gather here have me thinking about the past years. I remember Taehyung bring over Yoongi one day during lunch, which shocked me back then. Back then, he was one of the popular freshmen. Anyone would be surprise if a popular student came out of nowhere and want to hang out with your group. I had my suspicion at first but I welcome him with open arms after seeing how he defended Taehyung whenever other students tried to harm him.

Speaking of Taehyung, I remember the day I actually talk to him. It was in cooking class during freshmen year. He was the clumsy kid that hit the walk as he enters the room and would mess up everything he tried to cook. That went on for two weeks. For our third week, the whole class had to partner up with someone. I remember seeing everyone getting off their seat and partnering up, except for him. Nobody wanted him since he was the worst cook in the class. He was still in his seat, reading a cook book. I could see it in his eyes that he was determined to learn about cooking and that touched me. Most students here just want to pass the class. He was what I wanted as a partner so I went to introduce myself. Eyes widen, he was shock when I ask him to be partner. He told me he was bad at cooking and I told him it didn't matter. He tried to convince me to pick someone else but I said nope and sat next to him. I remember grabbing his book and ask him what he wants to cook after that. He was hesitating at first but he knew it was better to have someone than no one. He gave me a smile before pointing a picture. "I want to make this."

 

We got a B on that meal. It wasn’t an A but I didn't mind. We were still learning and he was happy that he ate a good meal. We made the perfect duo. Oh yeah, Jungkook came to me the week after and told me to stay away from Taehyung. Told me people are talking about us, and I will catch his weirdness. I ignore him, told him Taehyung was my friend and I wouldn't betray a friend. He tried to convince me but I wouldn't listen. Right before he walk away, he gave me this distraught look. Looking back now, it was the look of jealousy. Taehyung caught us talking and told me it was okay to not talk to him. I think he knew about the “rumors” but I told him I'm not going to leave him just because of some rumors. I wasn’t that easy to get rid of. He knew I was serious so he crush me with a giant hug. After that day, we became best friends. Rumors actually did spread but we didn’t care. Most of the students, if not all, thought he and I was dating but little did they know they was far off. I love him but in a brotherly kind of way. We were family.

 

Jimin's Pov

Jungkook, Jongin and I met during middle school. Jungkook was the typical "I know I'm hot so don't bother me" type of kid, Jongin was dance protégé and I was the lead singer of the choir. We were so different from each other that no one could have seen us becoming friends. How did it all started? Well, Jongin and I had once participated in a performance together. For a great benefit concert, the choir joins up with the performing art class. There was a joint performance at the end and I was one of the volunteer. It was then that I met Jongin. He was the lead dancer of the group and he was the best dancer I have ever seen for our age. As for me, I pretty much had most of the dance down but there was this one part that I was struggling with. I was getting frustrated, I wanted to give up. After class had ended, I opted to stayed after school to practice some more. I improve some part but there was some landing problem that I can’t seem to get down. Jongin came half an hour after and saw that I was having problem. He offered to help me and watch me dance. He gave me some advices after and show me how it was suppose to be done. We end up practicing the whole night before being force to leave the campus. We sung by a convenience store for a quick bite to eat and after talking a bit, turns out we had lots in common.

As for Jungkook, well, it all started a few days after. See, Jongin was rehearse his moves as I practice my singing behind the gymnasium. He was the opening of the concert while I close it, the joint performance in the middle. We were busy practicing behind the gym while everyone else was practicing inside. I practicing a hit note when Jungkook, out of nowhere, came crashing in to me. I was facing the other way so I didn't see him coming. My notes flew everywhere as I fell down to the ground. Ready to give him a piece of my mind as I got back up, he suddenly begs us to hide him from a flock of girls that was chasing him. Jongin was no help, he was laughing as this was happening. I remember hearing the scream of girls coming from the corner and I didn't feel like being knock down again so I push him inside the gym. As the group of screaming girls got closer, I pointed and yelled that he ran toward the cafeteria. They didn’t think twice and bought it. As soon as they left, he came out of hiding. "Thank goodness, they're gone. I can finally rest," he said. "You're welcome," I said before picking up my. I went back to practicing, thinking he left but he stood there fiddling his fingers. "Do you need something?"

He opens his mouth and closes it right away, hesitating in his place before opening it again. "Are you in the concert?"

Raising my eyebrow, I said, "Yeah, why?"

"You ," he bluntly stated.

"What the hell? I don't ," I’d angrily yelled back.

Jongin finally said something that pissed me off more. "This kid has balls. I like him.”

"Shut up, Jongin. And you, I do not ,” I stated.

"I heard you sing while running hear. You're off key,” he said with his finger picking his ear. “You need more practice if you want to blow the audience away."

"I might be off-key but it doesn’t mean I ,” I stated. “Who ask for your opinion?”

"Don't have to ask. Just giving criticism where it's needed," he stated.

"Well if you're done, you can leave now," I said, trying to ignore him but then Jongin had to open his big mouth.

"Nah, he can stay."

"What the hell, Jongin," I yelled. Smokes must had came out of my ears by now.

"What, Jimin. He's funny," he claimed.

"No he's not," I argued.

"Just ignore him," he said, brushing me away.

"How could you,” I dramatically gasped.

Walking around me, he asks, "Anyways, what's your name kid?"

"Don't you ignore me!"

"First of all, I'm not a kid,” he started with a frown before grinning. “Second, the name is Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."

 

After that day, the rest was history. Jungkook always pop out of nowhere when you least expect him, always critiquing my singing. It was like his job pick on small mistake. Days continue to go on, the group of girls started to die down and he didn’t have to hide anymore. Sometime they will watch us practice but that was pretty much it. They started to leave him alone. Taking the freedom he got, Jungkook started to hang around us every single chance he got. He also declared he was our best friend one day and that we needed him in our life. We laugh at first but agree with it in the end. He actually help me sing better. He even perfected the dance we were supposed to do.

The concert had arrived and everyone was blown away by our performance. The teacher was really surprise of me and asked how I improve so fast and I told her I had help. She caught Jungkook singing one day when he was giving me pointer and tried to recruit him, but of course, he declined. Wouldn't be Jungkook if he was to accept it, right?

 

Jongin's Pov

Many people think I'm a playboy. Don't know where these rumors started but the truth is, I only dated three people before dating Kyungsoo. I have a feeling it was Jungkook and Jimin that started that. I can't help it if all the guys and girls want a piece of me. I have a good looking face and the fact that I'm the best dancer at this school makes me more irresistible.

Okay, okay, enough talk about me being handsome. Graduation is right there. Can you believe? My high school life is about to be over. No more waking up early just to get to school. No more rushing to get to class and definitely no more annoying teacher. Still, I'm going to miss walking Kyungsoo to school. Coming over to his place was the only thing I looked forward, too. Seeing him with bed hair before running to the bathroom are the moments I l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter