Chapter 43 - The New Guy

The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook POV

"How was Japan, son," my dad asked while I was having breakfast, the almighty coco puff. He and I haven't talk since I came back since he had meeting to attend. Since today was a school day, we actually woke up at the same time and had breakfast together.

"Fine," I said, taking another bite of my cereal. Can't really tell him what happen back there since he did try to his own son. "We went sightseeing, that's all."

"That sounded fun," he said, sliding his finger against his tablet. He must be viewing the news. "Do you want me to take you to school today?"

Gulping the milk down and wiping my mouth, I stood up and brought the bowl to the sink. Grabbing my bag, I answers, "Nah. I'm meeting Taehyung halfway and we'll walk from there."

Nodding his head, he says, "Say hi to Taehyung for me then."

"I will," I yelled as I made my way out the door.

 

Taehyung POV

Sitting here alone at the cafe is boring. Jungkook texted me he's almost here but that was five minutes ago. I told him it was okay to meet up at school but he insist on walking there together, crazy since we live on opposite side. He'd said it doesn't matter as long as we get to school together, it was worth it. So we planned to meet halfway at the cafe where we had celebrated his birthday.

I can remember that time like it was yesterday. Him giving off the "I don't care" vibe yet treated me nicely as Jongin poke fun at us. I remember holding back my laugh when he kicked Jongin's shin.

Back when we were a pretend couple, that day felt like it was our first date. He might not admit it but I caught him smiling as I gave him the phone case for his birthday. Even though he told me he didn't want anything, I disobey him and got him a gift. Who doesn't want a present on his birthday? I would have wanted one.

Looking at the time on my phone, it passed five minutes again. There's no Jungkook in sight as I scan out the window. "Hmph. Where are you, Jungkook?" Continuing to look outside, there was this guy standing by the street light. Wearing a snapback backwards, he looks awfully familiar. I know I haven't seen him around school but I know I saw his face before. Judging by the way he was walking to, I think he is heading towards the school. A new students, maybe? I was about to chase him, wanting to know who he was but Jungkook appear at the door as I open it.

"Whoa there, tiger. Happy to see me," he said, catching me by the arms as he grin from ear to ear. I look over his shoulder but the guy wasn't at the spot I last seen him. Jungkook must have noticed something was wrong when he cupped my face. "What'd happen?"

"Nothing," I said, looking back at him. "Just thought I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter