Chapter 45 - The Worried Friends

The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin POV

I haven't seen Jungkook around school since Tuesday. Lunch that day was pretty weird when Taehyung brought over the new kid. I watch Jungkook sat there in quiet eating his lunch up until Taehyung mentioned about sharing. I didn't think anything was wrong at first. They share all the time but I got a feeling that it was more than that. Jungkook must have felt neglected when Taehyung gave all his attention to Jackson. After that day, Jungkook was a no show for the entire week. He wouldn't answer to any of mine or Jongin's texts. Now it's Friday and I was starting to get worried so the one thing I could think of was to see his father.

When lunch came, I texted Yoongi that I'll be late. I went to the office and ask the lady in front if the principal was still in. To my luck, he was. I quickly made my way towards his office and knock on the door before opening it. "Jungkook's appa, it's Jimin." Walking in, I was surprised to see Krystal there, too. "Hey, Krystal. What are you doing here?"

"I was worried about Jungkook so I came here to ask Principal Jeon," she said.

"So am I," I said, taking a seat next to her. "So uncle, what happen to Jungkook? He's not answering any of my texts."

"Well, Jimin. As I was about to tell Krystal before you enter, Jungkook caught the flu this past Tuesday. He's feeling better now but just to be sure, he'll stay at home until next week."

"Ah... So that's why he hasn't been to school."

 

After receiving our answer, Krystal and I left the office. It was sad finding out Jungkook was sick but I'm relieved he's feeling better now. "Jungkook must've been bored staying home."

"Knowing Jungkook, I know he'll find something to keep him entertains," Krystal said. Nodding my head, I agree with her.

"True. I want to check on him."

"You should then," she said. "I would but there's a committee meeting today."

"Maybe I should," I said, agreeing with the idea. "I should ask the guys to come with me. Taehyung must be worried."

"I don't know. Ever since Jackson Wang appears, I seen Taehyung spending most of his time with him," she said. "I walked by him the other day and he doesn't seem worried that Jungkook wasn't with him. In fact, they were smiling and joking around."

"Really? Now that you mention it, Taehyung never asks us about Jungkook or where he's at."

"Something must have happen."

"Yeah, something must have," I said, rubbing my chin. "I'll see what I can find out. See you around."

 

After me and Krystal part way, I headed back to see Yoongi. I see him with the guys, including Jackson and Joonmyun. Taking a seat next to Yoongi as always, I let out a dramatic sigh causing everyone to look at me. They went back to what they were doing after a few second. "What's wrong," Yoongi asked, slowly rubbing my back.

"Found out Jungkook was sick this week, that's why he hasn't been at school," I said, secretly looking at Taehyung. He didn't even flinch when I mention Jungkook. Did something happen between them?

"Is he okay," Kyungsoo asked, leaning forward so he could see me.

Nodding my head, I say, "He’s fine now. He's resting for now." Seriously, it's like he and Jackson are in there own world, laughing it off like nothing was wrong. "I want to visit him after school, though. Would you come with me, Yoongi?"

"Sure, why not?"

"I want to come," Kyungsoo said. "I kind of want to see how his house looks like."

"Nothing out of the ordinary," Jongin stated, finally joining the conversation. "It's a big house, sitting on top of a hill."

"Now I want to see it more."

"How about you guys," I asked the other three.

"Can't," Joonmyun answered first. "I have to head home right after school."

"OK, what about you two? Taehyung?"

"I'm showing Jackson around town," he stated, looking nonchalant.

"But Jungkook is sick and he's your boyfriend," I said, trying to see if would change his mind but it didn't work.

"It's not like he's dying. I'd promise Jackson first," he said which surprised me.

"But..."

"Ah... I forgot I need to see my teacher for something," he interrupted me, reaching for his backpack before standing up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter