For clearlyonfire

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For: clearlyonfire

Pairing: Hoya/Sunggyu


Sunggyu sat and watched the party-goers as the danced happily around the floor, the bride's wedding dress caught up in her arms as she twirled with her husband. The way that Woohyun beamed at his new wife should have been adorable, the way that she gazed back at him with the slight flush to her cheeks, endearing. Instead, all Sunggyu could feel was jealousy.
 

Taking a sip from his drink, he tried to keep his smile on his face, avoiding thoughts of his own best friend who was probably sitting at his house playing video games. Hoya wasn't one to attend things such as this, especially when he and Woohyun had never really gotten along. Woohyun had told Sunggyu he could bring a date to his wedding, and of course he would have liked to ask Hoya, but there was one problem with that.
 

Hoya wasn't his. In fact, he wasn't anyone's, being a free spirit who didn't like ties holding him down. Sunggyu longed to tell him that he was irrevocably in love with him, but he knew that doing so would ruin their friendship and drive a wedge between them when Sunggyu was already as close as he could be without letting on. He couldn't lose Hoya, and on that thought, he downed his drink and ordered another.
 

He wasn't sure when one drink became so many, or when the couples on the dance floor began to blend into one another, making his head spin, but the bitterness of his thoughts had gone away and had been replaced with giddy ones. Fumbling his phone out, he pressed the number one speedial and waited for it to be picked up. A smile curved onto his lips as he heard the husky voice on the other end, and he couldn't stop himself.
 

"Hey gorgeous," he purred - or at least, tried to, sounding more like a drag Queen who'd been swallowing fire. Hoya's next words were hesitant, though in his state Sunggyu couldn't understand why. Didn't he know Sunggyu's feelings for him?
 

"Um, are you okay?" Hoya finally asked, carefully and as if testing out the waters before deciding if he ought to dive in.
 

Sunggyu laughed and nearly fell off of his barstool; the bartender gave him a dark look that he ignored as he straightened himself up and positioned the phone next to his ear again. "Absolutely! I'm just having fun here at the wedding, and I kept wishing you were here with me." He knew, right? Sunggyu's mind felt so hazy, but how could Hoya not know? It should be obvious how in love Sunggyu was, but something tickled the back of Sunggyu's mind, a warning that he shouldn't be saying these things.
 

"That's it, I'm coming to get you," Hoya's voice was decisive and firm, and Sunggyu felt his heart jump in his chest. He loved when Hoya sounded like that, so iin charge and...
 

"Why? To see me? I'd love to see you, to run my hands on your body and let you tell me what to do..." The words came out automatically, and for a moment he felt like he shouldn't have said them, but that made no sense, right?
 

Silence stretched though he was too drunk to realize it was awkward, until finally Hoya cleared his throat. "I'll be there in ten." Before Sunggyu could say anything in return, the other man had hung up on him.

 

Stuffing the phone back into his pocket, an action that took three tries to get right, he played with the straw in his drink as he waited for Hoya. He'd said he was coming, right? A giggle escaped him and he shook his head to clear the dirty thoughts that filled it, though immediately the world began to spin.

 

Laying his head down onto the bar, he closed his eyes and tried to get control once again. Had he said things he wasn't supposed to? Maybe he'd drank too much. He was known to say whatever came to mind when he was drunk. Was Hoya angry with him? He didn't like that thought... he'd been in love with the other man for as long as he could remember and could never bare to lose him.

 

The bartender's voice startled him from his thoughts. "Uh, sir, you can't..."

 

"I got this," a familiar voice interrupted, a bit of a rude tone inserted to tell the bartender to go away, and Sunggyu's heart leaped in joy.

 

Hoya! Sitting up happily, Sunggyu reached out for his friend, the man he loved, and wrapped his arms around Hoya's neck. "You came!" he cried out, but then his heart gave a lurch as he saw the dark look on Hoya's face. He did say something to make him mad, then... what had he said?

 

Carefully removing himself from Sunggyu's grip, Hoya wrapped one arm around the other's waist and pulled him to his feet. He half carried him to his car, murmuring quiet words that Sunggyu couldn't quite latch onto in his state, but the tone was soothing and gentle. 

 

"I don't know how you're so perfect," he told Hoya at one point, making the other's words stop for what seemed for a long moment, then finally Hoya spoke again.

 

"Shush, just sit, you'll be fine." He eased Sunggyu into the passenger seat of the car, reaching around him to buckle him in; Sunggyu took the opportunity to blow a bit of air into Hoya's ear. The flat eyed look he got in return was enough to set him off in giggles, and then Hoya was pressing a bucket into Sunggyu's hands. "Use this if you need to, okay?" Then he closed the door on Sunggyu and moved around the car to get into the driver's seat.

 

The short drive to Hoya's apartment was punctuated by Sunggyu's running litany of what he loved about Hoya: his arms, his voice, his personality, his cute nose... and then his stomach rebelled. Only at the last minute, as he was getting out of the car, did he sick up; forgetting the bucket he'd left on the seat, he threw up right there, staining his clothing. Hoya's nose crinkled at the smell but he came close anyway. A firm grip wrapped around Sunggyu's waist and he stumbled along beside Hoya.

 

He led him into Hoya's apartment and straight to the bathroom, where he left Sunggyu leaning against the counter while he the water to the shower. He came back and gently began to remove Sunggyu's soiled clothing, and though the drunk man tried to press him away with giggles and protests of wanting to be in a bed for this, Hoya persisted and finally got him into the shower.

 

A gentle touch cleaned him, the cool water and the lightly scented soap doing wonders for Sunggyu's head though he still had no control over his mouth. By the time he was clean he was shaking from the cold, and Hoya wrapped him gently in a large towel and helped him out of the shower and into the bedroom. As the other man carefully tucked him into the bed, wrapping another towel around his damp hair, Sunggyu caught his jaw in a half-asleep grip.

 

"I love you, Hoya," Sunggyu slurred sleepily. "You know that, right?" And then he fell asleep.

 

He woke to the sun cutting into his brain like a chainsaw, and he let out a soft cry as he turned to bury his head in a pillow. He began to drift back off to sleep when he realized that the scent he was smelling was Hoya's, and so he slowly lifted his head in confusion.

 

He couldn't remember much from the previous night; sitting at the bar and beginning to drink was about the last thing he remembered, though the unbidden thought came of gentle hands on his skin washing him clean. He flushed in embarrassment and turned his head to look beside him.

 

Hoya's form lay sleeping next to him, dressed in sleepclothes and on top of the blankets instead of actually with Sunggyu, and he had to give a sigh of relief that nothing untoward had happened. At least he hadn't confessed or anything.

 

Reaching out carefully, he brushed his fingers ever so softly over Hoya's cheek, watching how the light played over his tanned skin. "You know I love you, right?"

 

THE END