For clouded-freelancer

Infinite Secret Santa 2014
For clouded-freelancer
From Secret Santa
pairing: woohyun/sunggyuprompt: Sunggyu goes to great lengths of inconvenience to hide pretty much everything that tastes good in life (a.k.a ramen, sweets, soda, etcetera), disposing his crimes (wrappers) carefully in the outside garbage can. But, well, Hoya the health nut rats him out.
as sweet as strawberries, as bitter as dark chocolate

 
There is a dumpster behind their dorm building and Sunggyu finds himself there on numerous occasions. He always makes sure no one can see him, makes sure that no one knows. Not because he thinks he's doing anything particularly wrong but just in case.
 
It's dark and there's a single lamp above him, offering him a poor excuse for light. It's cold and he snuggles into his jacket, the sweat drying to his skin. Practice had finished only fifteen minutes ago and Sunggyu told the others to go back to the dorm while he stretched out his tired muscles. But he's not stretching or cooling down, just sneaking out behind their dorm with his inconspicuous bag of trash.
 
Wrappers, cans, empty bags and packages. He doesn't really feel bad about it, how can he when everything just tastes so good? It's not really his fault he's got a sweet tooth and he'd like to chalk it up to the fact that so did his mother. But their managers tell them they need to eat healthy and Sunggyu doesn't really like those diet meals they always pick up. And besides, he burns off what he eats. What's the harm?
 
He's stealthy in the way he zips open his bag and empties the contents into the dumpster. Once he's made sure there's nothing left, no trace of a chocolate bar wrapper or a ramyun package, he closes the bag and hurries towards the dorm building.
 
When he opens the door to their dorm, Woohyun is there to greet him. He's in nothing but a towel wrapped loosely around his waist and he smells nice. Some of the members are walking around in sweats and Sungyeol is munching on some healthy cereal, the kind Sunggyu refuses to touch because it's just gross.
 
Woohyun steps forward, reaching up and pushing Sunggyu's jacket off his shoulders. Sunggyu in a lungful of air and Woohyun leans forward, stopping only when he's impossibly close. Sunggyu wants to kiss him.
 
And Sunggyu tries, but Woohyun dodges, instead pressing his lips to Sunggyu's nose. "Tease," Sunggyu frowns.
 
Woohyun smiles and he ruffles Sunggyu's hair a little. "You smell-- like candy. Have you been eating some?"
 
Sunggyu panics for obvious reasons. If Woohyun knows then it would make sense for him to mention it to Hoya if not the managers. Because Hoya-the-health-nut would probably threaten Sunggyu into eating nothing but health foods. And Woohyun would let this happen, at least for a little while, because Sunggyu is pretty sure he's a closeted sadist.
 
"Of course not," Sunggyu says and he's always been a pretty good actor, he thinks, so he plays it off well enough.
 
Woohyun nods and he tugs Sunggyu close, kissing him softly. He doesn't comment on the taste of vanilla on his tongue.
 
//
 
They suspect him one night when they're picking up some food and Sunggyu admits that has no cash on him and he's left his cards at home.
 
"Where does your money go, hyung?" Sungjong asks and he's a little indignant because he's now the one paying.
 
Sunggyu bites his lip. He hadn't planned for this. "Just on, you know, clothes. And I bought dinner just two nights ago."
 
“You’re not buying sweets, are you? You know we’re on a diet, right?”
 
Sunggyu gives him a funny look. “That’s ridiculous. I don’t even really have a sweet tooth.”
 
//
 
“I’ll stay with you tonight,” Woohyun says after practice, hovering over Sunggyu. Sunggyu is breathing heavily, completely spent, and he blinks up at Woohyun blearily. Woohyun, he notes, looks godly in this state. Sweaty, panting, and exhilarated.
 
“Go back to the dorm. Get some rest, you deserve it.”
 
Woohyun grins, shaking his head. “Won’t you be lonely?”
 
“No.”
 
“You’re not mad at me, are you?”
 
Sunggyu reaches up to flick his forehead. “Go take a shower, you smell gross.”
 
“Fine,” he sighs, indignant, and he stands.
 
Sunggyu waits a few minutes, remaining on the floor, chest heaving. He waits for everyone to leave and waits just a little more. He’s tired, too, and he decides he’ll rest his eyes for a bit.
 
When he opens them again, it’s been ten minutes and he thinks it’s time to go. He slowly rises to his feet and walks over to his bag, throwing on his jacket and shouldering his bag. He leaves the practice room, turning off the lights and locking it behind him, and heads to the dorm. It’s a short walk and Sunggyu is there in no time.
 
He goes around the back, not even bothering to glance around. It’s four a.m. and everyone is back at the dorm anyways.
 
He goes to the dumpster and s the bag, raising it and tipping it over–
 
The bag is snatched from his hands and Sunggyu gasps, letting out a yelp. He whirls around, hand over his heart, and he stumbles backwards. A figure stands there, peering into his bag, hood hiding his face. Sunggyu’s heart stops, he swears, and he can’t get his legs to work.
 
“I knew you were hiding something.”
 
Sunggyu pauses. “Hoya?” Hoya looks up, taking off his hood, and Sunggyu whines a little. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I could be asking you that, hyung, but I can see that it’s because you’ve been hiding this.”
 
“It’s not what it looks like–”
 
“It looks like you’ve been eating snacks and then disposing of your crimes.”
 
“Okay, it might be what it looks like, but what’s the problem?”
 
“We’re in the midst of a comeback and this is unhealthy. I’m cutting you off.”
 
Hoya dumps the contents before pushing past Sunggyu, heading to the dorm. Sunggyu follows him, grabbing his arm. “There is nothing wrong with it! I’m working out, I’m under stress, I have to lead six people. Give me this one relief.”
 
Hoya never answers, even as they enter the dorm and he storms towards Sunggyu’s room. The members pile in curiously behind them, wondering what all the noise is about. Sunggyu tries to stop Hoya but he’s already tearing through Sunggyu’s things, muttering an a-ha when he finds some hidden treats.
 
He gathers them and throws them in a garbage bag, tying it up and throwing it over his shoulder. He hadn't even taken off his jacket yet so he stalks over to the front door, slips on some shoes, and leaves swiftly.
 
The members have gathered around Sunggyu and no one really says anything. Leave it to Sungyeol to break the silence. "Wow, hyung. You've been hiding all of that and you never shared any with me?"
 
Sunggyu throws a disgruntled glare at Sungyeol and he pouts.
 
Soon after Hoya slips back into the room and he rubs his hands together, grinning at Sunggyu. "Since our comeback is in sight, I am going to monitor your eating habits and make sure you don't eat anything bad for you."
 
"Hoya, please don't."
 
"Just until our comeback. Then you can have some."
 
//
 
Day one and Sunggyu tries to bribe Dongwoo into helping him sneak some food into the dorm. Hoya is by his side almost all the time, save for when he's in the bathroom, and it's really getting on Sunggyu's nerves.
 
"I'll buy you those shoes you've been wanting for, what, six months?"
 
Dongwoo's eyes light up and the wheels in his head begin to turn. He calculates the outcomes and consequences. "I don't know..."
 
"All you have to do is distract Hoya while I sneak in some food."
 
"But you know how Hoya is. He's like a hawk. He'll know. And besides, maybe this is good for you."
 
So Sunggyu checks off Dongwoo as unhelpful.
 
//
 
Day five and Sunggyu tries for Sungyeol. Why didn't he go to him first? Sungyeol loves sweets as much as he does and Sunggyu thinks this could really work.
 
He pulls Sungyeol into the bathroom when Hoya isn't looking and he locks the door, pressing his ear to it to make sure Hoya hasn't noticed.
 
"Help me sneak in some candy," he says and Sungyeol just crosses his arms over his chest.
 
"What's in it for me?"
 
Sunggyu narrows his eyes and he digs around in his bag until he finds the small book of photographs he’d gathered just for this. He pulls it out and holds it up so Sungyeol can see. Sungyeol just seems confused.
 
“A black book? You know I don’t like to read so I won’t help for this–”
 
Sunggyu opens the book and the first page catches Sungyeol’s eye. Sunggyu flips the page and then once more and he can tell Sungyeol is already hooked.
 
“I– I’ll do it.”
 
Sunggyu checks Sungyeol off as helpful.
 
//
 
It’s a day off for the group and Hoya is sleeping in. Neither Sunggyu nor Woohyun is happy about the fact that Hoya has decided to temporarily move into their room until he can trust Sunggyu on his own, but hopefully it won’t last too long. Woohyun’s arms are wrapped securely around his waist and it’s warm and comfortable and Sunggyu wants to sleep some more but he has important business to attend to.
 
Sunggyu reaches over and grabs his phone. It’s five in the morning and there’s a text message from Sungyeol. He’s at the convenience, just picking up some sweets they both enjoy, and he’ll be back in a few minutes. Sunggyu tells him not to lose his wallet (Sungyeol is notorious for losing things, especially when he’s borrowing them) and that he’s doing a good thing. Sungyeol replies that he doesn’t really think this is a good thing but it’s worth it.
 
He places his phone screen-down beside him and snuggles closer to Woohyun. Woohyun stirs, placing his lips on Sunggyu’s neck, and he falls back asleep again almost instantly.
 
//
 
“Hoya, help me figure out this move. I don’t think I’m doing it right.”
 
Sunggyu glances at Sungyeol quickly before he pulls on his coat and grabs his bag. Hoya will always help with dancing, even when he’s exhausted, and Sunggyu knows he won’t back down. And sure enough, Hoya agrees to help and he finally lets Sunggyu out of his sight.
 
“Sunggyu, why are you in such a hurry? I’m dying here,” Woohyun complains as they’re climbing the stairs. Sunggyu takes two steps up at time and he glances back at Woohyun, smiling.
 
“Who’s the old man now?”
 
Woohyun makes a remark about Sunggyu being mean and Sunggyu just laughs as he opens the door and is hit with a blast of cold air. He almost runs to the dorm, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, and he gets there before everyone else.
 
He rips off his jacket, toes off his shoes, and saunters into Sungyeol’s room, going for a gym bag in the corner. He zips it open and digs inside, picking out some Pepero and biscuits. He eats the biscuits quickly and tears into the package of Pepero. He gets through most of the box when the door opens and he jumps, throwing the box behind him.
 
Woohyun steps in, closing the door behind him, and he walks up to Sunggyu, sitting down in front of him. Sunggyu is wide-eyed and Woohyun moves closer and closer, forcing Sunggyu to lean back farther.
 
Woohyun opens his mouth and bites the end of the Pepero stick hanging between his teeth and Sunggyu gulps. Woohyun bites and bites slowly until his lips are brushing against Sunggyu’s. He smells like sweat and it’s gross but as Woohyun’s mouth covers his own, the taste of chocolate on his tongue, Sunggyu doesn’t really mind.
 
Sunggyu reaches forward, his hand in Woohyun’s shirt and tugging him ever so close, whimpering when Woohyun nips at his bottom lip.
 
Woohyun pulls away, his lips, and he brushes a strand of hair out of Sunggyu’s eyes. “Hoya won’t be pleased.”
 
“Are you going to tell him?”
 
“I’ll let him find out on his own.”
 
//
 
The next day Sunggyu is rudely awoken by Sungyeol screaming and Hoya yelling something. It’s muffled but loud enough that Sunggyu can’t go back to sleep so he gets up. He pulls a large sweater over his head and rubs his eye as he opens the door, leaving a sleeping Woohyun in their room.
 
When he gets out, Sungjong is awake and he notices Sunggyu right away. “You’re in trouble,” he sing-songs.
 
Hoya comes out of the room, holding up the bag of sweets and snacks, and Sunggyu sighs. Well, there goes that.
 
Sungyeol follows behind, looking disgruntled, and he shoots Sunggyu a look. Like he’s sorry. But also like he’s expecting Sunggyu to hand over the book. Sunggyu will give it to him.
 
Hoya leaves without grabbing even a jacket and while he’s gone Sunggyu goes back into his room, digging around for the book, and he goes back out once he’s found it, handing it to Sungyeol. It’s just a book of photos of Myungsoo from his childhood up until this point and Sunggyu had needed to ask his mother for it. Somehow he knew Sungyeol would want this.
 
Woohyun comes out to see what the commotion is. He wraps his arms around Sunggyu’s middle, resting his chin on his shoulder, and Sunggyu sighs, hands covering Woohyun’s. “What’s Hoya throwing a tantrum over?”
 
“He found my stash.”
 
“Ah, I see.”
 
Woohyun kisses his neck once and continues a trail down to his shoulder. “You guys are gross,” Sungjong mutters before shuffling back into his room.
 
The door opens and Hoya comes back in, looking chilled. “I swear to God, Gyu.”
 
“Whatever, let’s just go back to sleep. It won’t happen again.”
 
//
 
Their comeback swings around and Sunggyu is facing withdrawal symptoms, he swears. Mostly he just craves, and he really hasn’t tried anything since Hoya caught him last time. Maybe because he’s too lazy, or he realizes that Hoya really does have eyes like a hawk. But whatever the reason, Sunggyu loses some weight and he holds onto the promise that he’ll get at least something after their comeback.
 
When they get off stage, Sunggyu is exhausted. His legs are shaking from nervousness and exertion and he almost topples over when they reach their dressing room. Thankfully, Woohyun catches him, offering him a warm smile. “You were amazing up there, Gyu.”
 
“I messed up.”
 
“Maybe, but no one noticed and next time you won’t. You’ve practiced so hard.”
 
Sunggyu glances around and makes sure no one’s looking. No one is really paying attention so he steals a swift kiss before he lets Woohyun lower him into a chair.
 
Hoya makes his way over and he holds something out to Sunggyu. It’s a box, blue, and Sunggyu almost cries in joy. Hello Panda is written in bold letters and Sunggyu takes the box gratefully. “I know it’s been hard but you’ve come a long way.”
 
“This is really weird. Extremely dramatic.”
 
“Just take it.”
 
“Just to let you know, as the leader and the hyung, I won’t let you boss me around again.”
 
“Sorry, hyung.