For jhengchie

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For Jhengchie

From Secret Santa

Prompt: "We may be black and white but remember that Yin and Yang are also contrasting but they complement each other"
Pairing: Myunggyu


Black to White

Myungsoo sat silently before a piano, his fingers dancing across the black and white keys. The gentle of his fingers against the polished surface drew a solemn melody out of the confines of the grand piano, bringing it to reverberate through the room and out into the hall. The male sat with his shoulders slumped forward and the corners of his lips curled downward into a frown as he lazily the keys, his countenance radiating sorrow. His eyes – though closed – were obviously red and swollen, his eyelashes damp from previously cried tears. Despite the sorrow-filled atmosphere in the room, the male held a undeniable beauty.  

His fingers moved on their own, moving to the right keys all thanks to muscle memory – after all, he had played the song hundreds of thousands times in the past twelve years of his life. The boy sighed as his hands suddenly stopped moving, as his self-degrading thoughts and the venomous words of the demons within his head came to an abrupt stop, being pushed away by thoughts as to who could have possibly be entering the room as he heard the door get pulled open.

Tension rose up within him as a voice in the back of his head whispered warnings about it being one of his many enemies within the school – though most everyone seemed to be an enemy of his. The voices said that they were back to finish off their previous business, to make up for him getting some of them suspended for violence just two weeks ago. His conscious was telling him that they were due back to school anyway, that it should not have been so surprising.

As his own thoughts continued, he felt himself steadily growing stiffer and stiffer as he anticipated the shove, or the punch, or the kick he was almost positive was going to happen. However, when no violent acts were directed towards him, he felt a little hopeful but did not show it, keeping his head turned towards the piano and his hands frozen in places over the well taken care of piano.

“Ah…I’m sorry to disturb you.” Myungsoo tensed up even more as he heard the beautiful voice he had found himself secretly becoming more and more addicted to in recent days, “I just forgot something here from my previous class…I kind of need it, so…”

The raven haired male froze, not sure what to do – he felt like he should nod, but another part of him was yelling at him to stay still. Despite his mind telling him not to move, he could not help but to open his eyes. The conflict between the two halves of his brain kept him from looking at the handsome male standing feet away from him. He felt the urge to speak, but he remained silent as one painful thought ran through his mind.

He probably doesn’t know you even exist. Even if he asks your name, he won’t remember it. After all, you are nobody, if you don’t realize that no one cares about you at this point you really as stupid as they claim you are. 

“Hey, are you alright?” inquired the newcomer, his voice startling Myungsoo out of his thoughts. The raven haired male felt his heart jumping into his throat as he felt the other’s hand land on his shoulder and force him to turn around.

“I-I…” choked Myungsoo, unable to speak around the thick lump in his throat, silently watching as the newcomer cringed at the sight of the bruise resting on his cheek bone.

“How’d you get that?” muttered the newcomer, genuine concern as he observed the bruise.

The raven haired male felt light headed as his heart continued to pound harshly within his chest, as butterflies arose within his stomach. He felt his hands shaking as he was forced to turn his head towards the newcomer – the one person he had been crushing on since junior high. Upon feeling the tremors, he dropped his hands to his lap, his fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt.  Though his head was turned towards his crush, Myungsoo’s eyes focused on everything but the male before him. As the newcomer gently caressed the raven haired male’s bruised cheek bone, Myungsoo violently flinched away from the older. 

Pulling away from the older and standing from the bench, he reminded himself that he could not let himself get any closer to the newcomer – his crush. If he did, he would get more trouble for it. A voice in his head informed him that they would somehow find out about the crush and make school more dreadful for him than it already was.

“I’m sorry,” stated the newcomer, stepping away from the beauty that stood before him, clearly frightened by him.

Myungsoo just stood there silently, the shock and fear fading from his eyes as his previously sorrow filled expression contorted into one void of emotions.

“Ah, I’ll leave now,” whispered Myungsoo’s crush, moving away from the piano and towards an old wooden desk, reaching over to grab a thick folder filled with sheet music as he continued on, a blush dressing his cheeks, “I-I’m sorry for intruding, but I wanted a reason to meet the creator of such a beautiful piece.  I-I’ve come to listen t-these past few days, it really is an enchanting piece.”

Myungsoo nodded, shock filling him as he opened his mouth to speak to his crush, only to close it again as they heard someone calling from out in the hallway.

“Sunggyu!”

Myungsoo closed his mouth while Sunggyu opened his own.

“Sunggyu,” called a man from out in the hallway yet again.

Sunggyu watched as the beauty that stood before him froze and tensed up yet again, fear flashing in his eyes before finally fading. As for the raven haired male, he was oblivious to the other male’s gaze being locked onto him, too preoccupied with trying to keep his heart from jumping back into his throat. Quickly, Myungsoo retreated farther away from the piano, scurrying backwards until his back made contact with the wall opposite of the door.

Myungsoo felt his face and neck grow incredibly hotter as he let out a small, rather pathetic squeak as the door was flung open and a tall, intimidating male stepped into the room. The tall male’s eyes drifted from Sunggyu to Myungsoo, before turning back to Sunggyu and raising an eyebrow.

“Chanyeol, you need something?” inquired Sunggyu, though his voice showed no hint to it, he was annoyed that the younger had disturbed his secret meeting with the beautiful pianist. He had finally worked up the courage to speak to the younger male after a week of peeking into the room and watching as the male passionately played the piano. After three weeks of stopping on the other side of the door and just standing there, his mind temporarily forgetting about his worries and the stress of being in his final year of senior high and instead taking in the beautiful melody.

“Woohyun, Sungjong, Minsoo, and Chanhee are looking for you,” responded Chanyeol, “Apparently Mrs. Jung suddenly called a student council meeting…Anyhow; you have lunch during this period, don’t you?”

Sunggyu hummed, his eyes trailing back towards the black haired beauty that stood trembling in the corner – his head cast down towards the floor.

“So, what are you doing way over here? On the opposite side of the school?” interrogated Chanyeol, shooting a disgusted glare towards the male that stood silently in the corner.

“Why do you need to know?” responded Sunggyu a little snappily, pulling the younger’s attention back towards him, not liking the attention he was giving Myungsoo.

“I was just wondering why you were here of all places at this time of day, gosh,” muttered Chanyeol, raising his hands in defeat. 

“Anyhow, since you asked,” stated Sunggyu, he raised his folder up, “I came to get this, I need to practice for the recital later this month.”

Chanyeol hummed before looking at the male that stood frozen in the corner of the room with a burning gaze, “Okay, I was just wondering.”

Sunggyu hummed skeptically, sensing that there were hidden motives in his being in the music section of the building, “Anyway, let’s go to the meeting.”

The taller nodded, frowning at the tone the older used. Despite his obvious displeasure of finding Sunggyu in a room with Myungsoo, he followed obediently after Sunggyu but that was only after he glared at Myungsoo and smirked as he mouthed, see you later, Myungsoo.

Myungsoo shivered in fear, only letting the emotionless mask fall from his face once he was sure the duo were gone – once he was sure Chanyeol was far away and would not be coming back, well, at least not yet. However, the heaviness in his chest distracted him from the berating thoughts that were running through his mind about how he could have handled the previous situation – the one involving Sunggyu better. He felt the heaviness steadily growing more intense, he could feel his throat slowly closing up on it. The suffocating feeling worsened as he felt his breaths leaving him in short and shallow, but quick breaths – he could feel dread rising up within him as he felt an anxiety attack coming on. His knees grew weak as his breaths grew more frantic, eventually they buckled under his weight and he whimpered – despite the lack of oxygen in his lungs – as he made contact with the cold, fake marble tiled floors.

As his lungs burned more and more, and his head grew hazier, he felt the panic within him rise even more. He felt himself rocking back and forwards, he felt his knees pressed to his chest, most of all he could feel the tears soaking his pants from where he had buried his head between his knees. Before he knew it, he was choking on the little air that was actually entering his lungs and his vision began to blur, partically because of the tears that had welled up in his eyes.

“Myungsoo?” called a panicked voice as he finally felt unconsciousness finally climb his trembling and weak body, “Myungsoo, you alright?”

Myungsoo felt a hand on his shoulder and, using the last of his energy, lifted his head before staring at his peer blankly, his head swinging from left to right as if he was saying no.  As his lungs continued to burn due to lack of oxygen, a black and red mist began to take over his vision – only stopping once it formed a pitch black wall

 

Sunggyu sighed from where he led Chanyeol through the halls, annoyance sat on his brows as he stared at the hallway laid out before him, “Did you do that to him?”

“Huh, what?” responded Chanyeol, pulling his glare off the floor underneath his feet and towards the man that stood before him.

“Did you do that to him?” repeated Sunggyu, his eyebrows furrowed as he turned to glare at the male that was trailing behind him, “Is he your new target now that you chased Baekhyun away for good?  Are you going to make him another of Baek?”

Chanyeol froze, opening his mouth – only to shut it yet again, at a loss for words, “Y-you know about that?”

“Aye,” hummed Sunggyu, turning his attention back in the direction of his intended path of travel, “So, did you do that to him?”

“Nah,” replied Chanyeol nonchalantly, though Sunggyu knew better.

“Are you sure about that Chanyeol?”

“I’m positive Sunggyu.”

“Well, it doesn’t seem like you are.”

“I’m not like that anymore, Sunggyu. Not since I got this position.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and muttered inaudibly under his breath, “Yeah, if that’s so, then why is he so afraid of you?”

“What was that, Pres?” murmured Chanyeol, swearing that he had heard the older mutter something.

“Ah, nothing.”

Sunggyu shook his head, wanting to speak up about the bullying – about the younger’s actions – but chose not to. He had accused Chanyeol being the motive behind Baekhyun’s actions and hardly anybody believed him because Chanyeol is not like that. He’s supposedly sweet and cute, and funny, and a mood maker. Sunggyu, however, could see through the illusion the younger put up, he had seen through it when Baekhyun was around, but he had noticed all too late. He had been unable to prevent Baekhyun from succumbing from the monsters that resided within his mind. He had seen the male suffer and had been the person the boy had come crying to whenever life got to be too much for him. Sunggyu knew Chanyeol’s true character and he would not let the bullying go on any longer, he was not going to let him claim another victim. Though he was not confronting him at this very moment, he was going to catch him in the act – he was going to get evidence against the younger and see to it he got the punishment he deserved this time around. He was going to get revenge on the younger, not only for Baekhyun but also the raven haired pianist he had found himself becoming oddly attracted to.

 

A groan slipped from between two parched lips, a tongue both relatively thick lips but to no avail – his lips were still just as dry. A groan of discomfort soon followed as all of Myungsoo’s senses seemed to kick back on. His eyelids felt heavy, he felt as though they were sown shut, refusing to open up despite his mind screaming at them to do so. Taking one deep breath, the young male processed that he was no longer in the music room and that he was laying on a bed of some sort, the smell of anesthetic and bleach lingered rather thickly in the air.  With a hiss, the male forced his eyelids open only to shut them quickly – the light temporarily blinding him. He opened his eyes again, this time he did it slowly and gave his eyes time to adjust to the change in the level of light within the room.  With another hiss, Myungsoo forced himself to sit up as he took in his surroundings as he tried hard to ignore the pain that resided within his chest and the ache within his head.

“Ah, good, you’re finally up,” whispered the all too familiar voice of the school nurse, “You had me scared there for a good while Myungsoo, I thought you had fallen and hit your head again.”

The younger male shook his head, “I-I’m fine.”

“I know you are now, but you had both Sungyeol and I worried,” stated the nurse.

A shiver ran up his spine as Myungsoo tensed up, looking up at the nurse in shock, “W-who?”

“Sungyeol,” responded the nurse, “He’s one of the sweetest members of the student council, though the boy isn’t too entirely smart, he is really friendly – though his childishness is a little overbearing.”

Myungsoo felt a faint smile playing on his lips, relaxing a little as he finally processed just who had brought him into the office. A smile played on his lips as he thought of the childish male who sat beside him in class and always made an effort to talk to him, though they were not too close, Myungsoo considered the male his only actual friend – as sad as that probably sounds. Sungyeol’s face alone could cause the whole entire class to laugh, though he was not too bright, his personality and looks made up for it. There really was no doubt as to why Sungyeol was so popular, how he had managed to get voted into a position in the student council.  He held many aspects Myungsoo did not, Sungyeol attracted people to him like moths to a flame while Myungsoo seemed to repel them.

“He’s the sweetest member of the student council behind that Kim Sunggyu,” stated the nurse, throwing herself down into the chair beside Myungsoo’s bed to examine the male’s bruises and apply some sort of herbal cream to the discolored skin. A smile played as the woman’s lips as she felt the skin below her finger tips heating up in embarrassment, “so, have you talked to him yet?”

Myungsoo hissed in shock and pulled away from the woman, feeling his palms growing sweaty as he felt his heart pick up in his chest, “W-why would I?”

“You like him, don’t you?”

“N-No,” stuttered out Myungsoo, peering at the woman through his bangs.

“Sure,” stated the woman before changing the topic, “I definitely wish there more students in this school like Sungyeol and Sunggyu.”

Myungsoo hummed and nodded, “You and me both.”

“I really wouldn't mind some more students like you as well…” whispered the woman, “Shy, cute, easily-embarrassed, intelligent, and most of all talented in various different areas.”

Myungsoo felt his cheeks heating up even more as well as the base of his neck as the woman continued to compliment him until he finally cut her off, “I’m no Kim Sunggyu though.”

“No, you aren't but you are you,” stated the nurse, “most of all, you’re not that Park Chanyeol child.”

“Y-You don’t like Chanyeol?”

The woman hummed, “There is something off about that child, sure, he’s like Sungyeol in the fact his looks and personality draw people in, but for some reason I just feel as though the light air around him is actually a rouse that hides the demon that rests within him.”

Myungsoo tried hard not to smile, to compliment the woman on just how perspective she was, rather he decided to stick to a simple question, “Why do you think that?”

“Well, when he brought you in here last week after you tripped down those stairs, he didn’t appear too concerned over the fact that you were unconscious. Rather, he appeared as though he was happy, content with your condition and his nonchalant tone of voice as just…chilling? I think that’s the word for it,” muttered the woman, thinking about the word for a minute before focusing her attention on the final touches she was doing to the teen’s wounds.  As she sat back in her chair and examining her handy work, she stated, “Speaking of which, how are your injuries? That was a pretty serious strain to your wrist and that concussion was pretty bad too. I’m not even going to think about how painful those bruises looked though and how they are doing, considering I can still see the one on your cheek – which, might I say, does appear to be healing well.”

Myungsoo hummed, forcing a tight lipped smile on his face as he responded, “I’m going a lot better, my wrist is still giving me some problems, but all in all – I’m healing.”

The woman hummed, sensing that the male really did not want to speak at this point in time she stood up, moving towards the door to her personal office.

“Where are you going?”

“To my office to do some paper work, you’re probably exhausted from that panic attack you had earlier, so stay here and rest for the rest of the day – I’ll make sure your teachers know where you are and that they excuse your absence.”

Myungsoo smiled at the woman in thanks and nodding in her direction, watching her walk away with a meek smile on his face. As soon as she vanished though, he felt himself collapsing back onto the bed, his head resting against his pillow as he tried to ignore all the aches and pains within his body.  The pain within his body was forgotten as thoughts of Chanyeol arose in his mind along with thoughts of his long time crush actually acknowledging him earlier. A giddy feeling arose in his stomach, but soon faded as he felt dread take over yet again as he remembered Chanyeol’s silent threat from earlier. A groan escaped from his lips as he cursed himself for forgetting about it earlier, Chanyeol had landed him in the infirmary more times than he could count on his hands – both from him physically attacking Myungsoo and others just from the mere thought of the intimidating and deceitful male – and he figured the male would not hesitate to do so again.  Despite the fear still lingering in his mind and the painful burn in his chest, Myungsoo had somehow managed to fall back into the depths of slumber.

 

Hours later, Myungsoo found himself waking up in the nurse’s office yet again, however, this time the burn in his chest and the pain in his head had faded quite a bit and his limbs no longer felt heavy.  The groggy raven haired male glanced around the room, trying to figure what had woke him up. As if she had heard him waking up, the nurse walked in, smiling at the boy.

“Ah, I’m glad to see you’re up,” stated the woman, “I had come in to wake you up – school just ended.”

Myungsoo hummed in understanding, “The bell just ring?”

The woman nodded, smiling happily upon seeing that the color had returned to the teen that sat on the bed before her. She was happy that the boy was up and looked as though he was in a genuinely better mood.

“You look like you’re feeling better, but the question is, are you?”

Myungsoo nodded and smiled, “A lot, thank you.”

“You’re welcome;” responded the woman, “Now, get home and get even more rest – though you look better, you still look like crap.”

Myungsoo hummed and stood from the bed, grabbing his school blazer from the chair beside his bed. He bowed at the woman once more before retreating out of the room and moving towards his classroom, needing to grab his things from his classroom. As he hobbled sorely through the halls, he took a second to appreciate the silence that surrounded him – a second to enjoy the emptiness.

Despite the peace he felt, he also felt tense. He felt as though there were others around, that he was going to run into another person in the lifeless halls – it was just too quiet. As he moved into the classroom, he stayed tense and ready to run at the first sign of danger. However, the male had made one mistake, letting his guard down as he gathered his things and stuffed them into his bag. As the zipper finally completely closed, the teeth interlacing, he felt hands on his shoulders and himself falling forward.

Though Myungsoo had tried hard to regain his footing, he tripped and yelped out in pain as his forehead collided harshly with the edge of a nearby desk. As he hit the ground, he laid still for a second as his vision swam, making him see triples of everything around him but once his vision finally began to focus again his eyes met with dark set of angry eyes.

“I told you I’d see you later and yet you still wonder around with your guard down,” stated Chanyeol, a mocking smile appearing on his lips as he eyed the still rather disoriented male that lay on the ground before him.

Myungsoo opened his mouth, but was unable to speak as his throat yet again began to close up on him and as his heart dropped down into his stomach, making him so nervous and afraid that he felt as though he was going to vomit.

“So, you've told Sunggyu of my actions have you?” muttered Chanyeol raising his eyebrow as he peered at the terrified Myungsoo, “I thought I told you not to.”

“I-I…” muttered out Myungsoo, his voice refusing to come out as he tried hard to respond to his fellow second year.

“You didn’t?” finished Chanyeol, his expression progressively growing darker, a mocking smirk appearing on his lips as he stared at the trembling male. “You expect me to believe that? He chewed me out earlier, threatening me with the imaginary proof he had of me chasing that Baekhyun kid away last year.”

Myungsoo bit his lip, not believing the other’s words, not believing that Sunggyu was standing up for him – after all, Sunggyu had no connection to him, had never met him prior to earlier that day. Myungsoo, though he tried hard to keep it in, felt his heart picking up its pace. He felt the dizziness from earlier return and he chewed on the inside of his cheek, praying that he would not have another attack.

“Sunggyu is not going to be able to help you though,” growled Chanyeol, “He’s already long gone, and this is my warning to keep away from him. Keep away from all the other inhabitants of this school; keep your worthless away from them, alright? We don’t need your worthlessness and ugliness spreading through the entire population of this school, ok, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo nodded silently, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall from his eyes. The raven haired male watched as the brunette raised his hand that was clenched into a fist, closing his eyes tightly as he anticipated the pain that was to come. However, his eyes shot open in shock as he heard the door flying open and an all too familiar voice echoing through the room.

“Park Chanyeol!” growled Sunggyu, his glare directed towards the tall figure looming over the defenseless one below him, “step away from the boy.”

Chanyeol glared at Myungsoo before turning to face Sunggyu, a scowl dressing his face as he grimaced, “So, you caught me? Now what, you gonna drop me from the council? No one will believe me.”

“They might if they see this video,” muttered Sunggyu, earning a look of confusion from Myungsoo and Chanyeol as he raised his phone, smirking towards Chanyeol – whose face drained of color, “A certain bird on my shoulder told me that your parents were going to throw you out if you got expelled form another school.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he whispered, “H-How did you know that? I-It was supposed to be erased.”

“I have my ways,” stated Sunggyu confidently before his eyes drifted towards the paralyzed figure on the floor, “Anyhow, Chanyeol, step away from the boy…now.”

“Or what?”

“Or a video of your actions and your words towards the young male before you will be going viral,” responded Sunggyu, confidence radiating off of him as he stood before Chanyeol, looking the younger straight in the eye, “and not only will you be removed from the student council but also expelled from this very school.”

Chanyeol glared at Sunggyu, “You wouldn't…”

“But I would,” responded Sunggyu, a smirk playing on his lips. Myungsoo, despite being still frozen in fear, found himself smile as he saw Chanyeol’s arrogant expression contorting into one of terror – one that mirrored the terror he felt within. “You see Chanyeol, as Student Council President, it is my duty to take care of my peers and my juniors. I am supposed to protect them from any threats – meaning bullies like you, however, seeing as how I’m in a rather generous mood right now, I will cut you a deal.”

“W-what?” asked Chanyeol, his hand twitching as he stuttered over the word.

“You walk away from him right now without laying another finger on him and I’ll make sure this video is not published on the school’s website,” stated Sunggyu, “However, if you want me to delete it, you will need to leave this guy alone as well as everybody else in the school…In other words, you must leave this life behind – I will no longer let you run a rampage in my school, much less under my nose.”

Chanyeol bit his lip and glared at Sunggyu, “This is abuse of your power…”

Sunggyu chuckled and raised his phone, acting as though he was going to press the send button on a message.

Chanyeol growled out an angry, “Don’t.”

“Are you going to follow the deal?” inquired Sunggyu.

Chanyeol nodded, biting his lip as he peered at Sunggyu.

“Alright then, deal,” stated Sunggyu, slipping his phone back into his pocket, a smirk playing on his lips as he peered at Chanyeol, “You don’t have to worry about it for now.”

“Delete it,” growled Chanyeol, grabbing a hold of Sunggyu’s collar, “You said you’d delete it…”

“Sorry, no can do,” responded Sunggyu, “If I deleted it now, you would go against the deal and I can’t have you doing that now, can I?”

Chanyeol opened his mouth to respond before pushing Sunggyu away forcefully and shaking his head in disbelief, turning his attention towards Myungsoo as he growled out, “You win this time…”

Sunggyu smirked as he fixed his collar and tie, taking pleasure in the way Chanyeol stormed away. Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu in shock, his heart racing but not out of fear,  rather from admiration and awe, the man had just stood up for him – the school’s ghost. He had stood up for a complete and total stranger and Myungsoo honestly felt himself further falling for the male.

Myungsoo was broken from his thoughts as Sunggyu spoke up, “Hey, you alright?”

The raven haired male’s eyes turned towards the handsome brunette, his eyes widening slightly as he came to realize just how close Sunggyu was to him.

“Y-Yeah,” responded Myungsoo, praising himself for not making a fool of himself in front of Sunggyu this time around, “T-Thanks.”

“It’s no problem,” responded Sunggyu, his hand raising to cup Myungsoo’s chin gently, moving his head in closer to examine the slowly appearing bruise and the rather rapidly growing bump, “It’s my job.”

Myungsoo hummed, feeling disappointment arise within his stomach as he thought: What? Did you actually think he saved you because he really knew you? Heck no, there was probably no secret motives to his actions…he didn’t even know you existed until earlier this morning.

“I’m sorry you had to go through this,” muttered Sunggyu, feeling guilt bubble up within his veins as he pulled away from the male and caught sight of the numerous bruises that painted Myungsoo’s pale skin ugly purples, blues, and greens.

“I-It’s fine,” responded Myungsoo, cursing himself mentally for stuttering – there was no reason to be so nervous around Sunggyu and he knew it, but it was his body’s normal reaction anymore.

“Not it’s not, I should’ve caught onto this before this point,” muttered Sunggyu, sitting back on the floor as he eyed they shy Myungsoo, a smile playing on his lip as he did so, “I should’ve prevented all of this – I should’ve been sure to make sure Chanyeol hadn’t picked up a new target. I should have stopped him before Baekhyun…”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened at the mention of the male and nodded solemnly, deciding that the older probably could’ve saved Baekhyun from himself just as he had saved Myungsoo from Chanyeol. After all, the older did seem to have a knack for it.

“A-At least there won’t be any more Baekhyun’s or…me’s.” whispered Myungsoo, his gaze turning to his hands that sat in his lap as he sat before Sunggyu quietly.

 Sunggyu hummed, looking at the beautiful male with a bright smile on his face before finally changing the subject, “I’m Sunggyu, and you, my mysterious little pianist, are?”

“K-Kim M-Myungsoo,” responded the raven haired male, his cheeks burning as he berated himself for stuttering and embarrassing himself before his crush. Sunggyu on the other hand, smiled even wider upon hearing the younger’s small slip up.

“You’re the one who’s been in music room playing the piano for the past two weeks, aren't you?” inquired Sunggyu despite knowing the answer. He knew that Myungsoo was the mysterious pianist since he may – or may not have – peeked into the music room, hoping to get a glimpse of the pianist daily for the past three weeks.

Myungsoo nodded, raising an eyebrow at Sunggyu in curiosity.

“You’re not the only one whose been staring at someone this whole entire time,” whispered Sunggyu into Myungsoo’s ear, chuckling at the adorable expression that appeared on the raven haired male’s face as well as the red tint it took on.

“Y-You…”

“I spotted you a couple of times last year,” admitted Sunggyu, “I had felt you staring, and so, I looked back for you. However, in most cases you were gone as soon as you realized I was looking in your direction, so I never actually realized it was you until here recently. I had caught sight of you a couple of times in the past year, but I never realized that you were staring at me – you always looked like you were lost in your own thoughts, so I thought that it was just some coincidence since you always seemed to be staring into space.”

Myungsoo blushed and whispered, “I-I’m sorry…”

“Ah, its okay,” stated Sunggyu, “I-I’m no better.”

Myungsoo rose an eyebrow in wonder at the older’s words, “W-What?”

“I’ve been watching you secretly as well,” whispered Sunggyu, his own cheeks heating up as he smiled towards the younger, “As I-I said before, I may or may not have peeked into the music room a couple of times daily through the past three weeks just to sneak a peek at you…to just sit there and listen to the beautiful melodies that you bring out of the piano.”

Myungsoo felt his cheeks heating up even more at the compliment and started at Sunggyu in shock, not knowing what to say.

“I’m sorry about earlier, speaking of the music room,” stated Sunggyu.

Myungsoo shook his head, “I-It’s alright, you didn’t do anything anyway, it was my fault for being so rude and not responding to you at all. The awkward atmosphere from earlier this morning was my doing, not yours.”

Sunggyu hummed, accepting the apology before whispering, “You shouldn't have to worry about Chanyeol anymore, but let me walk you home tonight?”

Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu in shock, opening his mouth to decline until his right leg suddenly buckled underneath of him – nearly sending him back onto the ground. Sunggyu had saved him, quickly grabbing him around the waist to prevent him from falling down again.

“Please?”

Myungsoo nodded, too shy to respond  - he turned his attention to retrieving his book back s Sunggyu backed away a bit, his hands resting on the younger’s hips as a smirk played on his lips as he watched the younger shyly preparing to leave.

“Myungsoo,” called Sunggyu, pulling the raven haired teen’s attention away from the backpack before him and back onto him.

“Hmm?” responded Myungsoo, staring into Sunggyu’s eyes.

“I promise you I will not let him touch you again,” stated Sunggyu.

“I-It’s alright.”

“It’s not,” responded Sunggyu, “No one deserves to be treated that way, especially not someone like you.”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to inquire what the elder meant, but was cut off as a teacher walked into the room, scolding them both for still being in the school so late in the day. The duo, not realizing how much time had passed until this point, both scurried out of the room, mumbling apologies to the rather annoyed teacher.

The walk – which consisted of Sunggyu securely wrapping his arm around Myungsoo’s waist and Myungsoo securely wrapping his arm around Sunggyu’s shoulders, leaning so that most of his weight was on Sunggyu rather than the somehow injured leg – was filled with cheerful chatter. Most of the words spoken were from Sunggyu to the relatively silent but random Myungsoo. As they arrived at Myungsoo’s house and the younger teen unlocked the door, he turned to face Sunggyu, his heart beating harshly in his chest as they made eye contact.

“W-Why are you doing all this?” inquired Myungsoo in wonder.

“Well, one because I’m sorry for letting this get this far,” responded Sunggyu, a smile playing on his lips, “And secondly because I’m pretty sure I feel for you the first time I made eye contact with you last year, though I had never gotten to know you at that time, I-I couldn’t stop thinking about you and then you suddenly vanished for months, never coming to the cafeteria during lunch anymore.”

Myungsoo hummed and listened as the older continued on.

“The happiness I felt when I had found you three weeks ago is unexplainable,” whispered Sunggyu, caressing Myungsoo’s cheek, “I was happy I had found you again. I had to work up the courage to face you again and when I had finally managed to get into the music room, that blasted Chanyeol just had to ruin it, however, he is not a worry anymore and I promise you that.”

Myungsoo started at Sunggyu in shock, “S-So what now?”

“How about we get to know each other?” inquired Sunggyu, raising an eyebrow as he smirked, continuing on, “And see where we go from there on?”

Myungsoo froze and stared at Sunggyu in shock, causing the elder to chuckle yet again.

However, as the shock wore off and his brain finally processed the elder’s words, Myungsoo smiled and shyly whispered out, “I-I’d like that.”

Sunggyu, unable to repress the happiness he felt, happily hugged Myungsoo, whispering in the younger’s ear, “I’ll see you tomorrow then…I’ll walk to school with you.”

Myungsoo smiled and agreed, silently watching as the elder began to walk away only to stop him, “Sunggyu.”

“Huh?” called Sunggyu, spinning on his heel to once again face Myungsoo.

“Do you really have a video of Chanyeol?” whispered Myungsoo, “Of the confrontation earlier?”

Sunggyu chuckled and shook his head, “No, that was a complete and total lie, my phone was actually turned off at that point in time…Even if I wanted to reveal him for being the jerk he is, I couldn’t.”

Myungsoo chuckled, “So, it was an empty threat?”

“Yeah, but what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him, right?”

Myungsoo nodded, chuckling as he watched Sunggyu wave again with a second farewell. This time he watched Sunggyu’s back until he disappeared from sight. Once Sunggyu left, Myungsoo entered his home and clambered up the stairs quietly, trying hard not to wake up his parents as he stumbled to his room with a new set of bruises adorning his skin.

After a brief shower and changing into a fresh set of clothes, Myungsoo settled down in his bed and recalled the numerous different events of the day. The day, though being filled with both good and – mainly – bad events, was overall a very good day, probably one of the best in his high school life and if Sunggyu kept his promises it would be the first of many to come. Myungsoo had a hard time believing that so many things had happened in just one day, however, the exhaustion he felt both mentally and physically told him that they had actually happened and that it was possible for so much good and bad to happen in just one day – within a mere twenty-four hours.  As Myungsoo lay in bed drifting off to sleep, he could hear a melody – a mixture of melancholy and ecstasy – playing within his head, making his fingers itch to dance across those black and white keys that would bring the melody to life. However, the feeling subsided for the night s sleep finally claimed his tired mind.

 

A couple of months passed, Myungsoo – though having his random periods of depression – was generally a happier person and for the first since entering senior high he had made friends. These friends were not just people who claimed their titles, but rather people who proved themselves worthy of the title friend. Sunggyu had grown closer and closer to the male, after just a week of spending breaks together and hanging out with each other daily after school, the duo was inseparable. The connection between the duo grew even more as the duo finally made their relationship official.

 

Myungsoo sat silently before a piano, his fingers dancing across the black and white keys. The gentle of his fingers against the polished surface drew a solemn but happy melody out of the confines of the grand piano, bringing it to reverberate through the room and out into the hall. The male sat with his shoulders slumped forward and the corners of his lips curled upward into a meek but genuine smile as he lazily the keys, his countenance radiating excitement and happiness. His eyes – though closed – were not blind to the approaching male, his long eyelashes casting a clear shadow on his relatively high cheekbones. Despite the slightly chaotic atmosphere in the room, the male held a undeniable beauty – an undeniable pose about him.

As arms wrapped around Myungsoo’s shoulders, a broad smile spread across the raven haired teen’s face as he felt warmth spreading along his back from the chest pressed against it. Sunggyu hummed to the melody he had become accustomed to these past three months, a song he knew as a theme of their relationship – of their joint past these past two years. Myungsoo, upon hearing the older humming, chuckled and smiled widely before turning his head and pecking his lover on his lips.

As the beautiful composition came to its end, Myungsoo’s hands slipped from the piano keys and came to rest on the arms that were wrapped around him, his head was thrown back to rest against Sunggyu’s shoulder as the elder settled down on the piano bench behind him.

“So, what is the true meaning behind this song?” inquired Sunggyu, “You never did tell me before…”

“Well, originally, it had started out as an anthem of my memories,” stated Myungsoo, “It had started out that one fateful day where you scared Chanyeol off and also the same day you admitted to me that you were staring at me…It had originally been written as a memoir of that time, but then it changed to a memoir of our time in senior high – the ups and the downs we all faced. Then, its current inspiration is a representation of you and me.”

“Hmm?”  hummed Sunggyu in wonder.

“The sorrow-filled tune played on the black keys represents me,” stated Myungsoo, “A mess of emotions – even today – and shattered pieces. It represents people like me who hold no self-confidence, the loners who only have a pessimistic, miserable overview of life. The more ecstatic portions of the tune played on the white keys represent people like you, people who hold numerous opportunities and choose to take most of them, if not all of them. It represents people who are able to hold others together while also keeping themselves together in the process. It represents those friendly and really loved, confident people who have a optimistic, happy overview of life.”

“They are two polar opposites, both in their melody, but also their pace, and most of all, their meaning…” whispered Sunggyu.

Myungsoo hummed, patting the older’s head, “I knew you’d get it.”

“Well, I have something I’d like to say to you,” whispered Sunggyu, a smile gracing his lips.

“What is that?” inquired Myungsoo in curiosity.

“We may be black and white, but remember that Yin and Yang are also contrasting, but they complement each other…” whispered Sunggyu, a bright smile appearing on his face as Myungsoo once again turned his head and pecked him on the cheek.

“That they are…” whispered Myungsoo, “That we are…”

Sunggyu hummed and the duo both gazed out the window, a bright smile appearing on both of their faces as they sat cuddled up against each other on the piano bench, watching as the fluffy white snow lazily drifted towards the already blanketed ground. Myungsoo took in the beauty that he hadn’t seen in the world a year ago due to the harsh actions done towards him.

“So…” whispered Sunggyu, “Myungsoo.”

“What?”

Sunggyu smiled cheekily as he sang his response, “Do you wanna build a snowman?”