For deliberatemistake

Infinite Secret Santa 2014
For deliberatemistake
From Secret Santa 
Pairing: Mostly Gyujong
Prompt: Old!Sunggyu Young!Sungjong
Sungjong is in love with Sunggyu, who resists his approaches because he thinks he's too old for him. Has to end with them together AU

Family Reunion (Never ask how we are related)
 
Myungsoo is an uncle. He still can’t get over it. Myungsoo is Sungyeol’s uncle. The idea seems to be more absurd the more he thinks of it. Sungyeol is his best friend. They go to the same school. They both like soccer. They’re both crushing on the same girl (not that Sungyeol is aware of this). Heck Sungyeol is a couple months older than him. Myungsoo can’t make sense out of any of this.
 
“Are you still freaking out about the whole uncle-nephew thing?” Sungyeol pass a bag of chips under Myungsoo’s nose. “It’s not that big of a deal man. I’ve heard of weirder family relations.”
 
Myungsoo cringe. Of course it’s a big deal. Myungsoo is too young to be an uncle. He has no idea how to be an uncle. Does he have to sit in a rocking chair by the fireplace looking wise and tired while telling stories about the good old days of his childhood? Or is that more of a grandparents thing?
 
“Uncle Myungsoo can you please pass the chips?” Sungyeol’s younger brother shrieks from the back seat of the car.
 
“Shut up Sungjong. He’s freaked out enough already.” Sungyeol sighs as he stare at the poor boy beside him who is holding his head with both his hands like its about to explode. It’s not that confusing of a concept really. Sungyeol’s great grandfather is the fifth out of fifteen siblings and Myungsoo’s grandmother is the youngest. They have 20 years between them resulting in sungyeol’s grandmother to be born only a few years younger than Myungsoo’s, which result in their mothers having close s which result to Myungsoo and Sungyeol being born in the same year.  In other words, Sungyeol’s grandmother is the cousin of Myungsoo’s mother, which makes Sungyeol’s mother the second cousin of Myungsoo. Which makes Myungsoo, an uncle of Sungyeol, in a second cousin sort of way.
 
Now that Sungyeol think about it again, it is sort of confusing. He would remind himself to ask his parents not to have 15 children.
 
“He’ll get over it. Now can someone please pass the chips, we are starving.” Sungyeol toss the chips to the back seat, aiming for Sungjong’s face. It didn’t however reach that destination as Howon’s incredible reflexes manage to snatch it right out of its course. Sungjong gives him a high five.
 
“Nice catch Hoya!”
 
Myungsoo slowly raise his head towards Sungyeol. “So how is Howon related to us again?”
 
“I don’t think he is.” Sungyeol frowns. “Hey Hoya remind me why you’re coming to our family reunion?”
 
“Because I want him too.” Sungjong answers in a matter-of-fact way. “You have your best friend with you, I want mine as well.”
 
Sungyeol rolls his eyes. Little sassy Sungjong always gets his way. He knows it’s a totally different thing because technically Myungsoo is part of the family, despite neither of them knowing. Sungyeol wonders what other sort of relatives he would discover next. He reckons he wouldn’t recognize most of them. What are they going to do in a place full of strangers? And who the heck is preparing all the food? The potato chips are definitely not enough to fill his stomach.
 
“Mum what are we having for lunch?” Sungyeol leans over to his parents in the front seat of the car.
 
“I don’t know dear. We’ll eat once we get there.”
 
“Are we there yet?” Sungjong whines. His mother took a big sigh.
 
“Almost dear. Just be a bit more patient.” She is getting a bit anxious. Four hungry teenage boys inside one car is technically a ticking time bomb. She started to regret bringing the extra boys when hers is bad enough.
 
“So is this really your first family reunion?” Hoya asks.
 
“Yep.” Sungjong didn’t take his eyes away from his Ipad screen. “We don’t normally do reunions. We visited a few relatives here and there. But we never actually meet all of them at once.”
 
“Why is that?”
 
“Probably because of the inconvenience of trying to gather everyone.” Sungjong yawns and decided to end his Ipad game to rest his eyes for a bit.  
 
“I mean come on. 15 siblings? Honestly I have no idea why great grandfather decided to attempt something like this. Why don’t we all just have a massive Skype connection call session?”
 
Hoya looks at the resting Sungjong and smile knowingly.
 
“You seem like you’re excited to me.” Sungjong blushed. There is no hint of sarcasm in Hoya’s voice. Sungjong is slouching in his seat, yawning and complaining every few seconds. Only Hoya would realize that he is actually looking forward to this gathering. He raises his eyebrows questioningly at his mind-reading friend.
 
“What gives me away?”
 
“Your brand new sneakers.” Sungjong reflectively hide his feet under the car seat. Hoya giggles. Sungjong can be so adorable sometimes.
 
“So who are you looking forward to meet? Who are those shoes trying to impress?” Hoya wiggles his eyebrows. Sungjong isn’t the type of person who would be attracted to someone so easily. And when he does get attracted, he isn’t the type of person to admit it.
 
“Nobody.”
 
-
 
His name is Kim Sunggyu. He’s one of the relatives who don’t live too far away, and their family happens to maintain a good relationship. Their mothers are in fact quite close, although how they are related, Sungjong was always too young to understand, or too distracted. Sunggyu is a figure Sungjong will never forget. Its not that he’s practically good looking, not in a flower boy type of way, or even in a typical masculine guy who girls would swoon over (mind you Sungjong is not a girl and he is not comparing himself with one). But there’s just something about him that fascinates Sungjong.
 
At the moment Sunggyu is sitting on the other side of the room. He doesn’t look too dressed up. Headphones hang loosely on his neck. His hairstyle is different from last time Sungjong saw him. It’s a bit longer, dyed and styled in messy spike. He doesn’t exactly match the look of the formal rented hall where the reunion is taking place, he is just casually slouching on his chair and yet it feels like he owns the place. Dashing.
 
“Okay where’s the food.” Sungyeol quickly exclaims as he barges in dragging his lifeless best friend. “We better feed Myungsoo fast, he is still acting weird.”
 
Once in awhile Myungsoo does go off in a trance, usually when he’s confused. But Sungyeol never seen it went for this long. Apart from a few mumbles, Myungsoo hardly spoke during the car ride. And it was a long car ride, without food, apart from the bag of potato chips. Sungyeol is getting seriously worried and he quickens his step towards the buffet area
 
In the mean time Sungjong’s parents arrive at the entrance after parking their car. His mother slowly approaches him and Hoya.
 
“Now boys I’m expecting you to be on your best behavior.” She then glances towards Sungyeol who is stuffing his and Myungsoo’s face with food. “I’m giving up on your brother so you better make up for it.”
 
Sungjong scoffs at his mother’s logic. But he doesn’t mind playing the good boy once in awhile. Beside Sunggyu might be watching.
 
“Sure Mum, if anyone asks, I’ll say I don’t know him.”
 
“Good boy.” His mother pats his head. “And tell Myungsoo his parents called to say they’re on their way.”
 
She then went to find other adults to do adult stuff that Sungjong doesn’t really care about. Soon enough he is sure to be dragged over to them to say hello. But in the meantime he is free to perhaps grab some food and perhaps approach a certain person.
 
“Come on tell me who he is!” Hoya nags.
 
“Tell you what? I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Sungjong replies as he struts towards the dashing Kim Sunggyu.  At the moment Sungjong is way too scared for a direct approach. But perhaps he can sit on the next table and silently observe.
 
“This is not fair. I know you’re going to drag me while you stalk him.” Hoya huffs as he fall into step behind Sungjong. “Can you at least tell me which one is him?”
 
Sungjong is offended. Him? Stalking?
 
“Do I look like a stalker to you? Do you really think I’ll stoop that low for anyone?” He gives Hoya a ridiculous face. “I don’t stalk people. People stalk me.”
 
Hoya can’t really argue with that. In fact he used to be one of those people who stalks Sungjong. He had no creepy intentions though. At the time he was just trying to figure out his gender.
 
Hoya looks around as they approach a table and sit down. If Sungjong wont tell him, then he will just keep on going with the guessing game.
 
“Is it that guy in the blue hoodie?”
 
“No.”
 
“How about that short guy next to him?”
 
Sungjong sighs.
 
“No.”
 
-
 
“Look they have this fancy looking fish!” Sungyeol walk over to point out a certain dish. “Shall we try it Myung?”
 
No matter how hard Sungyeol tries to lure Myungsoo with food, he still hasn’t shown any signs of improvements. If anything, he seems to be slightly annoyed now. Sungyeol is getting desperate.
 
“Or are you full? Do you want to check out that karaoke machine over there? It looks kinda fun.” The karaoke machine is surrounded by uncles and grandfathers trying to sing. Sungyeol reckons it wont be that hard to push them aside. His best friend is more important than their horrible singing anyway. However Myungsoo is having none of it.
 
“Look Sungyeol I can’t do this.”
 
“Of course you can. You can sing better than me.” Sungyeol is more of a dancing person. He’s great at doing the monkey dance.
 
“Not that.” Myungsoo turns to his friend and gives him a look. The look reminds Sungyeol of male characters in dramas that are going to break up with their girls.
 
“Sungyeolie, you are a nice person and I appreciate your kindness, but I can’t…”
 
“Can’t what?” There are a lot of things Myungsoo can’t do. He can’t stay in a dark room, he can’t talk to girls, he can’t tie his shoelace. But Sungyeol already knows all of those.
 
“I can’t continue hanging out with my Nephew.
 
Sungyeol froze. He has no replies for that. Myungsoo puts his hand comfortingly in his dear nephew’s shoulder and give him a reassuring smile. He then turn around and walk away. It’s about time him and Sungyeol to go their separate ways.
 
-
 
“Is it that short guy?”
 
“No.”
 
“How about the guy in the blue hoodie next to him.” Sungyeol raise both his hands in frustration. He obviously has given the same answer for every single person Hoya has pointed out. That doesn’t stop him from going on a second round and points on the same people over again.
 
“You know what? Yes. Yes it’s the guy in the blue hoodie.”
 
Hoya decided it couldn’t be the guy in the blue hoodie. He crosses him of the list.
 
“Look I have experience in stalking guys.” Hoya desperately pleads. “If you tell me who he is I can help you.” Sungjong raises his eyebrows.
 
“Really? So it wasn’t just me?”
 
“No way I stalk lots of guys.” Hoya is quite proud of his achievements. He has talent.
 
“There’s this one time I stalk this guy with the perfect abs. I followed him from the gym. Stayed at his place for the night. And then followed him to this restaurant where he works.” Sungjong eyes widen.
 
“Dude. That’s not admirable.” Sungjong definitely thinks Hoya has lost his mind. “How do you even find the time to do all that stuff? You have school!”
 
“I went on the weekends.” Hoya is very good at time management. He did his homework inside the guy’s closet.
 
“You know what, I took picture of his abs when he’s showering.”
 
“I can’t believe you.” Sungjong burries his face in his palms. However a few seconds later he lifts his head in curiosity. “Show me.”
 
Hoya takes out his phone and the two started to check out the pictures. Just when Sungjong starts to make up his mind to tell Hoya and imagining all the ways the both of them can stalk Kim Sunggyu, His Mother approach him which signal him its time for the long unwanted relative meet and greet. Sungjong internally screams.
 
Nooooooooooooo.
 
“Sungjongie come and meet your Auntie. You remember Auntie Gyuri right.”
 
A lady walks toward him from beside his mother. Sungjong suddenly looks up. He recognizes this woman. He stood up and extends his hands. He let his aunt do the usual rituals an older relative would do to him (aigoo Sungjongie is all grown up now *hair ruffles* you lost some weight *pinch cheeks* I remember when you are a baby *more pinching* bla bla bla *gross kisses on his cheeks* bla bla bla..).
 
Sungjong’s focus, however, is on the man behind her.
 
“Sungjongie you must have remembered my son Sunggyu. Sunggyu-ya, say hi to your dongsaeng.” So Sungjong was not mistaken. He does recognize this lady to be the mother of Kim Sunggyu. Sungjong internally screams.
 
Yeeeesssssss.
 
“How are you Sungjong?” The Kim Sunggyu speaks. His voice is as beautiful as he remembered. And he’s speaking to him. He is speaking to Lee Sungjong. Does this mean he remembers Lee Sungjong? Was he also looking forward to meet Lee Sungjong. Sungjong’s head is spinning. Luckily Hoya came in to the rescue and step in into the conversation.
 
“Hi I’m Howon, Sungjong’s bestfriend.” Sunggyu says hi back. However he seems to be as conversationally awkward as the stunned Sungjong. The situation is saved when another unnoticed person pops out behind Sunggyu.
 
“Hi everybody. I’m Jang Dongwoo!”
 
The conversation then continues between Hoya and Dongwoo, with Sunggyu contributing once in awhile. There are a lot of things Hoya learns from the meeting. First of all, it wasn’t that hard to realize that Sunggyu is the mystery crush. Secondly, Dongwoo and Sunggyu are first cousins who are quite close. What he doesn’t expect to learn was how much older both the boys are compare to him and Sungjong. Both boys are on their first year of college while they are on they’re first year of middle school.
 
Both boys are also quite familiar with both Sungjong and Sungyeol when they are younger. Hoya is enjoying Dongwoo’s stories on how he used to save seven-year-old Sungyeol from getting his head stuck under the coffee table and how he used to help five-year-old Sungjong tie his hair in two ponytails.
 
“Ponytails?” Hoya scoffs. He can hear Sunggyu softly giggling. Sungjong turns very red.
 
“He actually looks really good in ponytails.” Dongwoo smiles warmly. “Right Sunggyu?”  Sunggyu nodded eagerly.
 
Sungjong stares at his shoes. He doesn’t really remember the ponytail. In fact he doesn’t really remember Dongwoo. He must be quite young back then. And maybe Sunggyu overshadowed him in Sungjong’s memory. Shame though, because Sungjong thinks this Dongwoo hyung looks like a good guy. However Sungjong has to somehow stop his story telling. Hoya is definitely piling up blackmail material. Also he has to stop Sunggyu from remembering all those stupid stuff about him.
 
“Howon-ah we haven’t eaten yet. You must be hungry. How about we go check out the food for a sec.”
 
The best friend, of course, got the hint. They then excuse themselves with polite bows and nice to meet yous and headed to the buffet.
 
“So you’re into older men?” Hoya teased when they are out of hearing range.
 
“Shut up.”
 
“Maybe we should make you a sign saying; ‘Notice me Sunggyu senpai.”
 
“Shut up.” Sungjong growls. He then sighs. “He’s Nineteen. I have no chance with him now, do I?”
 
“Who knows? Love is weird thing.” Hoya consoles him. “Beside, he thinks you look good in ponytails.”
 
“Yeah right. I must look as good as Sungyeol with his head stuck under the coffee table.”
 
Speaking of Sungyeol, Sungjong suddenly spots his brother on the other side of the buffet table. Sungyeol is oddly standing still, a glimpse of his face shows an empty gaze. Sungjong feels slightly uncomfortable. He nudges Hoya and both of them went over to him.
 
“Yeolie hyung are you okay?”
 
“You look like you just got dumped.” Hoya mentions.
 
Sungyeol just lift his finger and points toward a direction. And right there, across the room, is Myungsoo…
 
… with another man.
 
-
 
This guy is everything Myungsoo thought to be the perfect companion in this situation. Sometimes, Myungsoo think, he can be horribly lucky. How does it all start? It starts with himself realizing that he needs to change. You cannot just be informed that you are an uncle and not change your whole life, with being an uncle comes responsibility. At least that’s what Myungsoo thinks. His mother said the same thing about being a big brother when his brother was born. And Myungsoo cannot change while his nephew is fussing over him. And so that’s how Myungsoo decided to leave Sungyeol.
 
But being alone wasn’t that much fun either. Are uncles allowed to have fun? Are uncles always alone? Myungsoo didn’t think so. He can see some ahjussis gathering in groups. But are they the uncles? With how messed up their family is they could be the grandfathers. Or the great grandfathers. Or the nephews? Myungsoo is just confused. Why can’t they have signs in family reunions to direct locations where the uncles are supposed to hangout.
 
Then he meets this guy. It was near the chocolate fountain. A cute smile meets his eyes and offers him a chocolate dipped strawberry. Then he says the magic word that makes Myungso very very excited.
 
“Would you like some, cousin?”
 
Cousin! This guy is his cousin! Myungsoo can figure it out in his head, if this guy is his cousin that means he is also Sungyeol’s uncle. Finally! Another uncle he can relate to, another uncle he can hang out with and talk about uncle stuff. Myungsoo doesn’t really know what uncle stuff is, but he’s willing to learn.
 
Woohyun, as Myungsoo learns his name is, is not too much older than him. Which makes him the perfect candidate for Myungsoo’s companion. They are also both pretty good in singing as he found out later after he pushed the ahjussi’s off the karaoke machine (bad singing ahjussis are not important anyway). Myungsoo just can imagine how many more things they can have in common. They both liked the chocolate covered strawberry. They both have a similar haircut (sort of). Woohyun is almost as tall as him. He bet Woohyun likes photography. He bets Woohyun is a photographer. He’s old enough to be one. Woohyun is just great.
 
-
 
“So you got dumped?” Hoya smirks. People always commented how Hoya is emotionally detached. It’s not really true. He just think some stuff in life is just funny, despite how others disagree. This is one of those times. C’mon, Myungsoo is breaking up with Sungyeol. It’s funny in his dictionary.
 
Usually Sungjong would agree with him. This time, however, Sungjong is weirdly sympathetic.
 
“Hoya that’s not helping.” He grabs a tissue to hand over to Sungyeol.
 
“I feel like I lost him.” Sungyeol sobs. “The other guy is probably a better best friend.”
 
“That’s not true hyung, he is not a better best friend then you are.” Sungjong pats his back.
 
“How would you know?”
 
“Well it’s because, because...” Sungjong then tries to find evidence on what the other guy is lacking. “Because he’s not as tall as you.”
 
“How does that have anything to do with being a best friend?” Hoya remarks.
 
“Well what if Myungsoo wants to go to the library and borrow a book from the top shelf. That guy can’t help him now can’t he?”
 
Sassiness is always Sungjong’s speciality. He then gives his brother a caring smile.
 
“But you can, hyung.”
 
Sungyeol stops his tears as realization dawn upon him.
 
“That’s right, I can reach the top shelf.”
 
“Imagine how much that means to him hyung.” Sungjong smiles.
 
Hoya scoffs. “Myungsoo wouldn’t want to go to libraries.”
 
“Of course not, his new best friend can’t reach his book in the top shelf.” Sungjong remarks.
 
“But how do I get him back?” Sungyeol whines.
 
“Actually I might have an idea.”
 
Hoya took out a piece of paper that turns out to be the program for the reunion. Sungjong didn’t even know there is a program. It turns out there will be a kids’ activity in the yard outside of the building.
 
There were some sorts of competition mentioned. Hoya suggests that they join the competitions, because hey, competition is always the best way to win someone over.
 
“You think I can win Myungsoo back?” Sungyeol ask.
 
“Definitely.” Hoya reassures him. “And not only that, it can probably help Sungjong win his little crush.”
 
“You mean Kim Sunggyu?” Sungyeol ask again. Sungjong sighs.
 
“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
 
-
 
Sungjong has no idea why he agreed to this. He never liked any type of competition. He’s the type to sit on the sidelines and make fun of the loser. But unfortunately when he is in the competition, he is the loser.
 
“Get up Sungjong, you’re only 10 centimeters away from the starting line.”
 
Hoya looks like a giant from down where Sungjong is laying down on the grass.
 
“Save yourself Howon!” Sungjong makes an effort to go up in his elbows. “Don’t worry about me, you can make it to the finish line!”
 
Hoya rolls his eyes.
 
“I did make it. I came back to get you.”
 
Hoya had won first place five minutes ago. Sungjong groans as he rolls over his sack. Sack races are stupid anyway. God had given humans two legs for a reason.
 
Speaking of two legs, one familiar pair of really long ones is headed his way.
 
“You!” Sungyeol grab Hoya’s collar and shook him.
 
“You cheated I know you did.” Sungyeol had come really close.
 
“What! How the heck did I cheat?” Hoya doesn’t even know how it can be possible to cheat in a sack race. It’s a pretty straightforward game.
 
“I have no idea. But I’m going to beat your on the next one.”
 
“Seriously.” Hoya scoffed.
 
“Yeah seriously Sungyeol?” Sungjong pipes up. Defeating Hoya is like defying the law of physics.
 
“What? You think I can’t make it?”
 
 Sungyeol’s emotion wasn’t stable to begin with. Now he is just downright insulted. It certainly doesn’t help that Myungsoo is giggling with the new guy under a tree without giving his former best friend any sort of attention.
 
“I’ll beat you in the hula hoop competition!”
 
“You’re on!”
 
They both left without feeling remorse of leaving a certain somebody behind.
 
“Guys…” The poor maknae wails quietly. There’s no point anyway. He lies back down on the grass. He might as well die. Maybe he’ll meet Kim Sunggyu in the afterlife.
 
“Lee Sungjong?” A shadow suddenly block Sungjong’s view of the sky.
 
“Sunggyu hyung!” Sungjong quickly sits up. For second there he contemplates what to say next.
 
What’s up? No that’s stupid
 
How’s it going? No that’s too casual. Sungjong is the dongsaeng.
 
How are you? Sounds weird, since they just meet a couple hours ago.
 
Maybe Sungjong should just ask him if he likes cheese.
 
The problem is solved as Sunggyu sat down next to him and start the conversation.
 
“I didn’t know you would be up for sack races.”
 
“Um, yeah.” Sungjong answered lamely. “Technically I’m still in the middle of it.”
 
Sunggyu laughs. It makes Sungjong feel like flowers and rainbows and unicorns and all other nice things you can think of.
 
“It’s great that you’re participating Sungjongie. I remember you used to hate competitions.”
 
Sungjong blush. Here goes another embarrassing trip down the memory lane.
 
“In fact me and Dongwoo always tries to avoid any sort of races for you guys.” Sunggyu giggles softly, clearly oblivious. “Sungyeol always ended up getting too worked up and you cried every time you lost.”
 
Sungjong cringes. He sounded so childish it hurts. Sunggyu continues.
 
“We always ended up making games where everybody wins so everybody can be happy. Or we just play ring-around-the-rosy.”
 
Sungjong feels a blow on his chest. His reunion with Kim Sunggyu wasn’t supposed to be like this. It has been such a long time since they met each other, Sunggyu is supposed to notice how different he is now. How he is now in junior high school. He is almost as tall as Sungyeol. How he doesn’t need to be babysat or play ring-around-the-rosy. How his hair is now styled nicely like a kpop celebrity and not even in ponytails. How he got to buy a new pair of sneakers with his very own pocket money.
 
Sunggyu has always been so mature, so confident. Even in Sungjong’s young memories, he can still recall admiring and idolizing this person. He remembers small moments like Sunggyu rubbing his back as he cries when he bruised his leg. Sunggyu taking his hand as he led them to a kiddy pool that Sungjong was initially afraid of. Sunggyu carrying him as he fell asleep after an unsuccessful attempt at stargazing. Sungjong reckons that’s pretty special. Sungjong wanted to be like him. Wanted to be with him.
 
Sungjong stood up and step out of his sack. Sunggyu is a bit startled by the sudden movement. But soon follow after.
 
“You know what, I think competition is actually pretty great.” Sungjong suddenly mention as he grins to his hyung.
 
“Eh.. er… yeah…” Sunggyu is caught off guard.
 
“I mean there’s lot of benefits to it. It’s a great way to get motivated.”
 
Sunggyu lifts his eyebrow in confusion. He doesn’t understand the reason behind Sungjong sudden blabbering.
 
“It’s a shame some kids can’t handle competitions. But they’ll soon grow out of it.” Sungjong continues.
 
Sunggyu is still in confusion on how to respond. So Sungjong decided to end the conversation.
 
“Well I better go. I’m going to try a hand at beating Howon in the arm wrestling competition.”
 
Sungjong flex his non-existent biceps. Sunggyu laughs. This time it didn’t feel so nice for Sungjong.
 
So he walks away.
 
-
 
 
The arm wrestling didn’t go very well for everybody. Nobody is quite happy with Hoya’s winning streak. Also consider that most of the participants are under 8 years old. Sungyeol and Hoya ends up in a very long, very intense final round.
 
“Give up Sungyeol you know you can’t hold on much longer.”
 
“Shut up! I thought the point of this is to make me look good to Myungsoo.”
 
“I aint’ gonna sacrifice my ego for your love life.” Hoya contradicts the fact that he’s the person who suggested it in the first place. “Beside they’re not even paying attention!”
 
Sungyeol quickly glance to his side. Confirming to the view of Myungsoo, still very much attached to his new friend. Both not really bothered to participate or even give a slight awareness to the competition. This however just makes Sungyeol more stubborn and he clenches his grip harder.
 
“Can you please tell you’re friends to finish it off.”
 
An auntie approaches Sungjong. She originally organized the competition to target the younger kids so they’re parents can take a brake from taking care of them. She is quite annoyed with the presence of the three teenagers, particularly with the competitive two, because Sungjong lost to the kids anyway.
 
Sungjong raises his eyebrow. He was about to tell off the lady that it’s not his responsibility. But then he saw Kim Sunggyu heading his way, and Sungjong is not looking forward to another conversation.
 
He went to Hoya’s side and proceeds to tickle him. Sungyeol screams in delight for his first ever win for the day.
 
“Why did you do that for?” Hoya is clearly pissed off.
 
“Give him a break Hoya, look he’s heartbroken enough.” Sungjong points to the scene of Sungyeol running off towards Myungsoo just to stop halfway, because he is still not paying attention.
Sungyeol has his back towards Sungjong, but he can imagine what his brother’s face would look like in his disappointment. And suddenly Sungjong is just sick of it. He marches towards Myungsoo and demands his attention.
 
“Uh Hi.” The startled Myungsoo greets him.
 
“Hi Myungsoo hyung how are you.” Sungjong looks side ways to Myungsoo’s companion. He looks him up and down in his most diva-ish way. Woohyun actually cowers in fear.
 
“I’m fine Sungjong.” Myungsoo is not sure where this is heading.
 
“Great I’m just here to tell you that Sungyeol hyung just beaten Hoya in arm wrestling.”
 
“Whoa really?” For a second there Myungsoo forgot he’s supposed to ignore Sungyeol. Defeating Hoya is like defying the law of physics.
 
“Yep, you would’ve known if you weren’t such a jerk and ignore him!”
 
Myungsoo gasped. He’s not a jerk. At least he doesn’t think so. He never meant to hurt anybody.
 
In the meant time, Woohyun sidestepped his way out of the drama.
 
“What was I suppose to do?” Myungsoo defended. “Look here! Things have to be different now that we realize that he’s my nephew-”
 
“Hyung he’s not your nephew!”
 
“What?”
 
“He’s your best friend.”
 
Myungsoo was speechless for a while.
 
“It shouldn’t matter if he’s your nephew, your uncle, your brother or whatever!” Sungjong expressively throws his arms around.
 
“A best friend is a way more important title than any of those.”
 
Myungsoo can feel the wheels in his head trying to grasp the information.
 
“You just hurt Sungyeol hyung, who has been a great friend to you. You ignore him. You went off and find a replacement. This is not how an uncle should treat his nephew not to mention a best friend! I mean look at him! Do you think he deserve this?”
 
For the first time Myungsoo meets Sungyeol’s eyes. He reminds Myungso of those second male characters in dramas who always ended up losing the girl. And then he melts. He never feels this guilty his entire life.
 
Myungsoo then walk over to Sungyeol preparing to tell him how awesome he is at beating Hoya. How awesome he is as a best friend in general. And how Myungsoo will never let anything like this ever comes between them. Not even if Sungyeol turns out to be his grandchild or something.
 
-
 
Myungsoo then decided he would join the competitions. Sungyeol slacken his competitive drive as he just simply enjoys his time with his returned best friend. The same cannot be said for Hoya. Therefore Sungjong makes it his responsibility to make his best friend lose.
 
“Dammit Sungjong stop it!”
 
“Just let the six year old win! Gosh, what kind of satisfaction do you get for beating a kid?” Hoya just huffs in annoyance. To him winning is winning.
 
“I hate you.”
 
“I bet Kim Sunggyu does too.” Sungjong mutters softly.
 
Hoya’s anger quickly evaporates. He shouldn’t care so much about something so stupid when Sungjong is clearly hurting.
 
“Who’s Kim Sunggyu?” Myungsoo whispers to his best friend. Sungyeol frowns as he tries to remember the family tree.
 
“I’m pretty sure he is the step son of my grandmother’s uncle’s son. I’m not sure what that means to you though.”
 
Myungsoo just shrugs. He’s done questioning how people are related to him.
 
 -
 
Dongwoo thinks that the kids games outside looks fun. So after much persuasion, he manages to drag Sunggyu into joining in with him. Sunggyu is a bit hesitant after his encounter with Sungjong. He’s not exactly sure if he said something wrong, but Sungjong is definitely avoiding him.
 
Dongwoo runs off to Sungyeol and the gang who are looking for team members for a relay race. Sungyeol greets him in delight as he remembers Dongwoo hyung way better then Sungjong did. He greets Sunggyu as well. He starts to notice the tense atmosphere between Sunggyu and his brother. He wonders if he can do something about it.
 
“The lady said that we need seven people.” Hoya state as he mention the auntie who is definitely not happy to the addition of teens on her kids’ race.
 
“How about that dude over there?” Sunggyu points to Woohyun who was bored, and secretly following them.  
 
“Hi.” Woohyun greets them timidly. Fidgeting his toes. Fumbling his fingers.
 
Hoya looks at Sungjong, who looks at Myungsoo, who looks at Sungyeol. Sungyeol shrugs before he answers.
 
“Sure why not. Hi I’m Sungyeol.”
 
“Woohyun.” Sungyeol frowns as he tries to recall back to his family tree.
 
“Um… Woohyun, if you don’t mind me asking, how are we related?”
 
Woohyun smiles sheepishly.
 
“We’re not. I kinda gatecrash the party.”
 
-
 
At first Myungsoo felt a bit of betrayal in finding out Woohyun’s not his cousin and not a photographer (“What! I never said I was.”), but soon enough he realizes he doesn’t care. Not when they win the relay, and Sungyeol is smiling and laughing happily with him like how they are supposed to be.
 
Plus Woohyun’s not that bad of a person. He is now currently trying to rickroll the open mic stage that they’re having as a closing to the reunion. The rickrolling turns out as a fail as the adults actually enjoy Rick Astley’s Never Gonna Give You Up. So Woohyun is stuck with singing the whole thing.
 
Hoya and Sungyeol are giggling on the side and Dongwoo is just jamming to the music. However Myungsoo notice that Sungjong is not enjoying it like the others. So he mentions it to Sungyeol.
 
Sungyeol gives his little brother a caring gaze. He’s always been aware of his little crush to Kim Sunggyu. He’s not exactly sure what had made Sungjong so down, but he can figure out something that could cheer him up. Sungjong had been a great help with his problem with Myungsoo, he decided it’s his time to step up as a hyung.
 
Sungyeol approach Sunggyu who is actually backstage getting ready for a performance.
 
-
 
Sungjong was surprised to see Sunggyu onstage. He didn’t even realize he had wandered off from their group. Sunggyu is carrying a guitar and adjusting the mic before he let out a small speech.
 
“This song is dedicated to a special someone.” Sunggyu smiles. Sungjong can feel his heart racing. He can’t decide whether its in anticipation or despair.
 
“I haven’t met this someone in a very long time…” Sunggyu continues, this time looking straight at Sungjong. After Sungyeol mention something along the lines of the little boy having a crush on him, Sunggyu finally can make sense of the situation. And now he tries to get his point across.
 
“… I notice that this someone has changed quite a bit...” Sungjong gasps. Staring straight into Kim Sunggyu’s eyes.
 
“…Actually he changed a lot. And it’s okay though. I’m okay with it.” Sometime Sunggyu can still picture little Sungjongie running around with ponytails in his hair. But the older Sungjongie doesn’t look any less adorable.
 
“… However I wasn’t sure if the changes mean this someone has changed his feelings for me. So I tried to remind him of the past, wondering if he still likes me like he used to.”
 
Sungjong blinks before lowers his gaze and blush. Sunggyu began singing.
 
Can’t count the years on one hand
That we’ve been together
 
 
Sungjong puts a hand on his still beating hearts. His mind feels like a gushy mess. And he’s still not sure how to feel.
 
“I never thought you would be the insecure type.” Hoya comments as he slips beside him.
I need the other one to hold you
Make you feel, make you feel better
 
“I know we’ve been joking about the thingy. But I didn’t realize you really worry about it.”
 
Sungjong sighs.
 
“What if he only think of me as a little kid?”
 
“You are a little kid.” Hoya points out. “It shouldn’t stop you from liking him though.”
 
It’s not a walk in the park
To love each other
 
Hoya stares admiringly at Sunggyu.
 
“And from the look of it looks like the feelings mutual.” A small smile makes its way to Sungjong’s lips.
 
But when our fingers interlock,
Can’t deny, can’t deny you’re worth it
 
“So it really doesn’t matter if I’m way younger?” Sungjong asks. “What happens to the half your age plus seven rule?”
 
“Well then just wait a few more years. You do realize that the ratio changes as you grow older right?” Sungjong blanks out. He’s as good in math as he is with sack racing.
 
“Never mind.” Hoya shrugs it off. “Just think of this. You haven’t seen him in a while, and you’re probably not going to see him for another while. Instead of mourning what you think you can’t have, why don’t you give it a try first, while you still have time?”
 
Sungjong smile widens with the thought.
 
‘Cause after all this time I’m still into you
-
 
After Myungsoo says goodbye as he is leaving with his parents, Sungyeol skips all the way to their parked car. His mother tries to hang back a bit with his father, still trying to make it seems that Sungyeol is not hers. Sungjong is a bit further back walking alongside of Kim Sunggyu.
 
“I didn’t remember your voice being that great hyung.”
 
“I sang to you all the time though.”
 
“Really?” Sungjong feels rather guilty for his five-year-old memory. Sunggyu just laughs.
 
“I guess my voice must have been different.” Sungjong thinks he can stare into Sunggyu’s eye smile forever. “Speaking of voice changes how come yours haven’t? How old are you again? Fourteen?
 
Sungjong blush and nodded.
 
“Maybe next year hyung. Sungyeol’s just recently changed.” Sunggyu went and pinch Sungjong cheek.
 
“Aigoo my dongaengs are growing up. Do you have your own phone.” Sungjong shook his head.
 
“Mum promise to get me one for Christmas though.”
 
“Great! You should text me once you get it.” Sunggyu scribbles in a piece of paper and hands it to the flustered dongsaeng.
 
“Yeah. Of course hyung.”
 
“I’ll see you next time okay Sungjongie.”
 
“Goodbye hyung.”
 
“Oh and by the way, nice Shoes Sungjong-ah.”
 
Sungjong smile as he watch Sunggyu went of in a distance.  
 
-
 
“Where have you been? We’re all waiting in the car!” Sungjong shove Hoya who is slightly hiding behind a corner of the building.
 
“Shh. I’m coming. I just have something to do for a bit.” Hoya puts a finger on his lips.
 
“What are you doing?” Hoya mention for Sungjong to lean forward and take a glimpse of what he was watching.
 
“It’s Woohyun. I feel like there’s just something about him.”
 
“I wonder who he really is.” Sungjong is never the stalking type. But this is kind of fun.
 
Woohyun is waiting in the bus stop. He seems to be tired and sweaty after all the day’s activity. He then lifts the front part of his shirt to wipe his face.
 
As his front is revealed, Sungjong gasps as they saw a view of the perfect abs.
 
Hoya quickly took out his phone to compare to a picture of the exact same one.

 

a/n:
Hello secret prompt giver ^^ I hope you like the story. I have to apologize I kinda twist the prompt. Now it’s more like Sungjong is the one who resists the approaches because he thinks he’s to young. I didn’t originally plan it like that. I’m not sure what happened. And I hope you don’t mind the rest of infinite tagging along. Sungyeol begged me to put him and Myungsoo in the story, so then I have to put Hoya so Sungjong can have his best friend, but then Hoya decided to stalk Woohyun, and Dongwoo is just in for the ride. I really do hope you enjoy the story. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
 
And also special thanks to StarlightSpirit and whoever helped out in this awesome secret santa^^