For noza-chan

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For noza-chan

From Secret Santa

Prompt: woohyun is a freshman in college and is sunggyu's new roomate and they fall in love

Pairing: Woogyu


Sunggyu’s eyes were barely opened as he moved over to the kitchen in his dormitory, his feet kicking painfully against the couch as he passed the living room (that was barely a room really). His friend had moved out the day before, claiming that the school was kicking him out due to his horrible grades when in all actuality he was just going to move in with his boyfriend. Which leaves Sunggyu alone, as always.

Sighing, he swung the refrigerator door open, taking care not to bang it too hardly against the worn kitchen counter as he retrieved a glass of milk. The rim was frosted slightly as he downed the icy cold milk, an appreciative hum escaping his throat as he revelled in the cooling texture of the liquid sliding down his gullet. There was a soft knock on his door as he placed the glass in the sink, and he rolled his eyes since it was probably his friend back to retrieve the things he’d forgotten to take yesterday.

“I told you to take everyt – “ He broke off, his eyes widening at the sight of a well dressed and groomed young man standing at the doorway.

“Is this room 700?” The male asked, his voice a low silky tone that had a tingly feeling running down Sunggyu’s spine down to his toes. A feeling of dread washed over him when he realised that he was only dressed in a tattered shirt (he’s a college student okay) and a pair of stained sweats. Damn, he probably looked like a beggar next to this guy.

“Um, yeah it is.” He muttered, not knowing that his honeyed voice that’d earned many approving smiles his way was making the insides of the male’s stomach curl.

“Oh, um hi. I’m your new room mate.” The male introduced, holding out a hand which Sunggyu glanced at for a full three seconds before he shook it.“I’m Sunggyu.” Sunggyu introduced as well, pulling his hand out as fast as he could so that he could escape to his room to put on some decent-looking clothes (and not look like such a prat beside this god). The male seemed to take it the wrong way, since his face scrunched up in puzzlement (and disdain, according to Sunggyu’s eyes) and he leaned slightly backwards as well.

“Well, I’m Woohyun.” The male said softly and Sunggyu had to lean a little forward to catch whatever his new room mate was saying, resulting in the both of them flinching  at the close proximity. Sunggyu spun around quickly, hiding his flushed cheeks as he left Woohyun at the door, gesturing towards his room and pointing out that this was where he slept.

“Which means you’ve got to sleep somewhere else.” Sunggyu added, still keeping his back to Woohyun as he glided towards his room, where the privacy of the enclosed walls were calling to him.

“But there’s only one room.” Woohyun said pointedly and Sunggyu shrugged, trying his best to stay aloof and calm (breathe, Sunggyu, breathe).

“Well, that’s your problem.” Sunggyu remarked casually, turning finally to give a half-hearted smile to Woohyun to which the male scowled back at. Stepping in to his room, he eased the door shut and locked it, his hand automatically reaching up to slap his forehead. So much for first impressions.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

The following day wasn’t any better, since all Sunggyu did was watch Woohyun unpack his belongings in the limited space he had without offering any sort of help. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to (though yes, he’s a lazy and just the fact that Woohyun sends his heart racing isn’t enough to get him off the soft couch and onto that hard floor). Its just that, he’s not really good at packing and if he even tries to do anything, he’s convinced that he’d probably cause chaos everywhere. Woohyun stared at Sunggyu with slight resentment when the male just sat there for more than an hour sipping from his stupid glass of milk. And he couldn’t even offer him a glass of milk.

Sunggyu raised a brow as he picked up on the spiteful signals that Woohyun was sending him, and after trying to figure them out in his brain, he finally held up the glass of milk in understanding.

“Do you want some?” Sunggyu asked helpfully, crossing his legs slowly as he waited. Woohyun blinked at the long, long legs that were doing ungodly things to his testerones before he cleared his throat, shaking his head abruptly.

“No, thank you.” He said, not meaning for it to come out as a sneer but wincing a little when it did. Blame his hormones for acting up at a time like this. Sunggyu’s eyes widened at the unfriendly tone directed to him before he shrugged nonchalantly, standing up to place his glass in the sink.

“Suit yourself.” He said indifferently as he changed into jeans and tugged a jacket around him. Woohyun tried his very best not to drool as Sunggyu bent over to wear on his sneakers, exposing his very perfect and thighs. His eyes drifted up slowly when Sunggyu straightened up, and a blush imbued his cheeks when he realised how dashing the male actually was (if you get past the idiocy and questionable hygiene). Sunggyu raised a brow at Woohyun as he started towards the door, wondering why the male was staring at him as though a UFO had landed on his head.

Or maybe there’s something on my face. Keeping his composure, Sunggyu hurried out the door and through the hallways, patting the sides of his face to see if anything had stuck there. When he finally managed to earth out zilch dirt, Sunggyu sighed and shook his head in defeat. What was the point in trying? Woohyun probably hated his guts right now.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So how’s the new guy?” Sungyeol screeched when Sunggyu stepped in, and Sunggyu almost wanted to reach out and strangle his neck if not for the fact that the guy was his brother's one and only.

“He’s fine.” Sunggyu muttered, cursing his idiot of a brother for getting such a crazy boyfriend. At least he has one, his mind reminded him, and the fact that he’d been single for almost a year sent another wave of depressing hopelessness washing through him. He was going to die a spinster, Sunggyu mused, and live with a thousand cats.

“Just fine?” Myungsoo suddenly inquired, popping out from literally nowhere. Sunggyu glared at him for a moment for giving him such a close call to a heart attack before he shrugged and glanced away.

“I guess so. Its not like I’m interested.” Sunggyu remarked, biting his lips when he remembered how Woohyun looked like when they first met. He practically screamed greek god in all sorts of ways.

“You sure?” Myungsoo pressed on, nudging Sungyeol when his brother just rolled his eyes and stared out of the window. Even though he knew his brother was an oblivious piece of , the only times he would be this distracted was when something or someone was distracting him. And since Sunggyu was as socially active as a snail, he could safely conclude that the someone  must be his new room mate, Woohyun, who so happens to be Sungyeol’s cousin. What a small, small world.

“Well, Woohyun’s my cousin anyway.” Sungyeol piped up, shooting Myungsoo a not-so-subtle wink that Sunggyu would’ve picked up on if he wasn’t in the middle of another haert attack.

What?” Sunggyu shrieked, blinking quickly when Sungyeol just smiled that -eating grin that he hated.

“Yes, he is, so we’re going to be seeing each other pretty often.” Sungyeol informed evilly, mentally giving Myungsoo a high-five as they started out their stupendous mission – to get Sunggyu a boyfriend by this summer. They’d already blackmailed Dongwoo into moving out of the dorm to room with his boyfriend while Sungyeol enticed the principle to let his cousin move into this particular room (because, as quoted from the male, he would love to have his cousin have the pleasure of meeting Kim Sunggyu, an honour student). He’d also spoken to Woohyun about helping him settle his dorm plans, and the male had narrowed his eyes suspiciously at him and muttered something about this not being some stupid set-up for him to get a boyfriend (because Sungyeol had reminded Woohyun many times about how painfully single he was).

“.” Sunggyu muttered under his breath as he swung his legs off the chair and stood up, stretching his lean arms behind his back. Myungsoo watched him for a moment before he nudged Sungyeol again, gesturing obviously to Sunggyu’s clothes.

“Let’s give him ier clothes.” He whispered under his breath, just loud enough for Sungyeol to hear. A mischevious smile curved over his face when his boyfriend nodded, reaching out subtly to pull Sunggyu back down on his seat.

“Let’s go shopping!” He screeched and Sunggyu winced, nodding quickly if only to get Sungyeol to shut up.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The mall was packed by the time Sunggyu reached, with Sungyeol and Myungsoo right behind him, and he instantly regretted agreeing to this. It wasn’t like he hated shopping; in fact, he loved it. But he hated people, and there were many, many stinky foul-smelling shoppers right now that pushed up against him as and when they liked. He knew the fact that it was crowded was just an excuse for them to press up against his fabulous body.

“Come on!” Sungyeol shouted, pushing past him to sprint towards a chic-looking shop that had many clothes that looked like they belonged on a model’s body. Myungsoo grabbed Sunggyu’s wrist firmly to prevent him from running off before he dragged them towards the shop, pushing Sunggyu in forcefully.

“What the hell.” Sunggyu snapped, massaging his wrist softly as his brother offered him an apologetic smile, trapping him in a corner while Sungyeol went to find some clothes.

“You know how Sungyeol is like.” Myungsoo said in an attempt to get Sunggyu’s understanding, but sighed when his brother just rolled his eyes at him. His boyfriend soon came bounding back with an armful of clothes, shoving them down scarily on Sunggyu, who yelped at the onslaught of fabric drowning his face.

“We’re buying all these?” He asked incredulously, shooting Sungyeol a dubious look when the male just grinned.

You’re  buying all these.” He informed, shaking his head when Sunggyu started to protest. “So you better start trying them out to see if they fit.” He added, and Sunggyu shut up, glancing at the clothes dejectedly for a moment before he stood up with a sigh and strode into the changing room. The only reason he was tolerating Sungyeol’s stupid antics was because he really, really do love his brother dearly. Though that love was quickly diminishing by the second.

Struggling on with all those expensive clothing, Sunggyu finally matched a few together and pressed them back into Sungyeol’s arms, giving him a withering stare when the male smiled at him contentedly.

“Why don’t you wear this now?” Sungyeol piped up, pulling out a pair of tight tight jeans that hugged his thighs nicely and a shirt that was silky and loose. It was a simple and plain look, which Sunggyu probably wouldn’t be able to pull off no matter how many times he visited the gym.

“No.” He stated firmly, not giving in even when Myungsoo pouted at him.

“Hyung, please?” His brother pleaded pathetically, looking so completely cringe-worthy that Sunggyu had to bite his lips to keep from regurgitating his milk. Sungyeol tugged at his hands painfully, pushing his lips together in something that did not resemble a pout as he pleaded as well, and finally, when it became too unbearable, Sunggyu's resolve melted and he gave in.

Shrugging on the garments of clothing, Sunggyu heard Sungyeol shouting vaguely that they were going to pay for his clothes and that he should just continue wearing this on the way back. Which honestly alarmed him, since upon storming out of the changing room, the clothes he wore originally was nowhere to be found.

Those idiots.

Strutting around for a few seconds, Sunggyu finally decided to just sneak out of the shop, because even though it was horrible enough to be wearing this clothes, it would be a lot worse to pay for them. Let Mr Dumb and Dumber pay for all the clothes they picked out.  He strode around the mall leisurely, wondering if he should just leave for his dorm when he realised that there were many people glancing his way. A wave of horror washed over him when he figured that it was probably due to how bad he looked in these clothes. Walking quickly towards the exit of the mall, he accidentally bumped into someone, and tried for an apologetic smile when the person glanced up towards him.

“Wow.” The person muttered, his eyes trailing up over Sunggyu’s body. Sunggyu raised a brow in question before he glanced down as well, not noticing anything particularly worthy of a wow factor.

“You’re y.” The male commented, shooting him a leering smile that had Sunggyu close to barfing. Oh god, spare me.

“I’m not interested.” Sunggyu shot back, glaring pointedly at the guy before he dashed off towards the street that would lead him back to his college. Thankfully, the road was pretty much deserted so Sunggyu managed to return back to his dorm without any more harassment (except for when he entered the building and some students winked at him gleefully). As he swung open the door to his dorm, he crashed into another person, falling flat on his painfully.

“Ow.” The person winced, his low voice familiar to Sunggyu. The tingles were back in his stomach as he stood up, not bothering to help Woohyun up even when his face was scrunched up in pain.

“Sorry.” He muttered unapologetically, trying to maintain his indifferent mask when  Woohyun stood up as well. The annoyance on the male’s face suddenly vanished into something else when he glanced at Sunggyu’s body, a soft cough escaping his lips subtly (not that Sunggyu didn’t notice).

“You, uh, went shopping?” Woohyun asked awkwardly, trying his best not to oogle at Sunggyu’s slim frame but failing miserably when his eyes were drawn back to those long, long legs. Who had such ridiculously slim legs anyway?

“Yeah.” Sunggyu answered monotonously, blinking when Woohyun glanced up with sudden fervour in his eyes. There was a startling electricity in the air, the tension between them buzzing crazily as Sunggyu his lips and let his eyes droop slightly to Woohyun’s. Their gazes stayed locked on one another for what seemed like forever before Sunggyu finally snapped out of his stupour, pushing past Woohyun to get into the dorm. Woohyun lingered by the doorway for a second too long, his eyes still trailing after Sunggyu with an unreadable expression before he finally moved away, shutting the door behind him.

It was startling quiet in the dorm, and the sound of Sunggyu’s heart slamming loudly against his ribcage rang in echoes through the room. This was definitely more than a crush. And Sunggyu had no idea what to do about it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Which resulted in him doing absolutely nothing. Sunggyu wasn’t really interested in the whole let-me-woo-you thing, so he gave up completely (though it was also because he was still reeling from shock at how he’s managed to fall for someone in less than two weeks). Furthermore, exams were approaching and Sunggyu needed to study if he wanted to ace them again (which means Woohyun needs to get out of his head right now).

The door bell rang relentlessly as Sunggyu tried to stuff his brain with more information, his hands clashing against the keyboard with more force than necessary. Finally giving up on the futile revision, Sunggyu stormed over to the door and swung it open in frustration, his annoyance only increasing when he saw who it was.

“There’s bad, bad news!” Sungyeol screeched, leaning against the doorway as he tried to catch his breath (no doubt he ran here in the frenzy he was). Sunggyu sighed and eyed the male irritably, raising a sceptical brow.

“Did you and Myungsoo break up?” He sneered, hoping to hear an affirmative because then he would finally be rid of this stupid creature.

No.” Sungyeol shot back pointedly, his eyes narrowed into a glare as he pushed himself into the dorm, not heeding the outraged looks Sunggyu was throwing him.

“So what’s the news? It better be good.” Sunggyu snapped, locking the door behind him as he followed Sungyeol, restraining himself from reaching out and strangling the lanky guy.

“Well, Woohyun’s dating.” Sungyeol informed coolly, running his hands through his hair before he turned to look at Sunggyu, gauging his reaction. The male blinked for a few seconds, a puzzled silence enveloping the both of them before he finally mouthed an ‘ah’.

“Give my regards to him and his girlfriend then.” Sunggyu said calmly, seating himself down on the tiny loveseat that he’d bought at a flea market sale. Sungyeol stared at him in shock for a moment before he spluttered in disbelief, sinking down onto the bed--couch that Woohyun's been sleeping on for the past few days (Sunggyu only feels a tiny bit bad for the male).

“But you two are supposed to be together! I only ship you two!” Sungyeol shrieked in alarm, gripping the armrests tightly as he stared at Sunggyu.

“But I don’t like him.” Sunggyu rebutted, refusing to admit that he was blatantly lying right now. Sungyeol gasped dramatically at him, doubling over on the chair before he slumped over, looking defeated.

“And I thought you guys would be a perfect match, since you’re both single and hot.” He muttered under his breath, and Sunggyu tried not to bat an eyelid even though the fact that Sungyeol found him hot was really disturbing. Trying for a gentle smile, Sunggyu slowly led the frantic male out, assuring him that he was perfectly fine as a single man and that he’s sure Woohyun would have a great time with the girl. Once he shut the door on Sungyeol though, a wave of remorse washed over him and he slowly sank to the ground, his eyelids fluttering as he struggled to understand why he was so affected.

Maybe it was because the humiliation for being single was now amplified since Woohyun had found a partner as well; or maybe, just maybe, it was because he regretted not trying for Woohyun when he had the chance to.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The days passed quickly as Sunggyu continued with his life, trying his best to blot out the blemish called Woohyun that paraded the corridors with a pretty girl attached to his arm. Myungsoo was spending more time with Sungyeol as well, so they met less and less often till Sunggyu wasn't even sure if his brother was alive or not. Which was honestly fine by him since he had a lot of other friends that occupied his schedules and made the world seem less depressing on days like this, when everyone around him found it interesting to talk about the new freshman “who looks so damn good I would kill to be his girlfriend”.

God, what he would give to just immigrate to another country. And no, before you even ask, Sunggyu was definitely not hung up over Woohyun. definitely yes.

Which was why, even when they bumped into each other along the hallways (Sunggyu swear that whatever divine being up there was trying to play with him since he’s always bumping into Woohyun), he still smiled indifferently and moved away, not bothering to accept the apology that was still trailing out of Woohyun’s mouth as he walked off. Myungsoo was behind them and had slowly sauntered over, eyeing Woohyun’s unreadable expression carefully.

“Is there something wrong between you two?” Myungsoo asked, taking care not to startle the male as he slipped into pace with him.

“Huh? Of course not.” Woohyun assured, smiling that million-dollar smile that had everyone around him going gaga. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow sceptically before he smiled and dropped the subject, nudging Woohyun playfully as he pointed to his brother, who was smiling politely at some girls who were shooting him some flirtatious winks.

“My brother doesn’t deserve all that popularity, you know. He’s so oblivious to his surroundings that even if someone seduces him, he’d still be so totally clueless about it.” Myungsoo teased, knowing that it wasn't really true since Sunggyu was honestly pretty observant (but he doesn't care since maybe spouting how Sunggyu's oblivious would motivate Woohyun to be a little more blunt about his approaches).

“Its too bad he has that face and that body, - " Myungsoo continued, turning to face Woohyun and raising his brows again when the male nodded distractedly, his eyes still fixed on the retreating back of Sunggyu. " - he still looks like a model no matter what." He whispered into Woohyun's ear, smirking when the male just blinked.  There was definitely something going on between them, or maybe something unrequited since Sungyeol had reported that Sunggyu had no reaction whatsoever to Woohyun dating someone else.

“I guess this just shows that me and him share the same genes.” Myungsoo remarked smugly, looping an arm around Woohyun’s shoulders as he guided them towards the library. Woohyun stared at him in confusion before a smile flitted across his face, his eyes shining as though he agreed very much with Myungsoo.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

 


~~~~~~~~~~

 

Woohyun didn’t know what was wrong with him, since despite getting himself a really sweet and pretty girlfriend, his mind couldn’t stop thinking about Sunggyu. It was true that he’d been attracted to the male when they first met, but that’s all it was. Just a dumb attraction.

Or not. His brain acted like a barely leashed dog whenever the topic drifted towards Sunggyu, and he’d have to use almost all his self control to reel it back in. Despite them rooming together, they’d barely talked, and Woohyun had chalked it up to the male being uncomfortable or just having no interest whatsoever in him. Which was perfectly fine by him really, but whenever they passed by in the corridors or brushed the slightest bit of their hands together, Woohyun’s heart would start racing crazily, and his palms would get clammy as he tried to form a coherent sentence that may at least catch Sunggyu’s attention for a second. It didn’t help that Sunggyu could breeze through just about anywhere and still look like he belonged in an advert. 

All this unseen tension that lurked in his heart was building up and Woohyun wasn’t sure how long he’d manage to hold it in before it all exploded out.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun!” Sungyeol pleaded, tugging at Sunggyu’s hands desperately. The male glared at him for a moment before he shook his head, plonking down on a cushion in absolute finality.

“I’m not going.” He snapped, and Sungyeol winced at his sharp tone. Who knew Sunggyu was such a devil in the morning.

“Why not? Its just breakfast with me and Myungsoo.” He continued, pulling Sunggyu back up to his feet as he led them both to the male’s wardrobe. “Don’t you want to see your baby brother?” He whined dramatically, not releasing Sunggyu’s hands until the male eventually groaned in defeat.

“I hate you.” Sunggyu hissed, allowing Sungyeol to choose his clothes for him as he stayed rooted to the spot, his arms crossed in dissatisfaction.

“Don’t worry, it’ll only be for a while.” Sungyeol assured, smiling sweetly at Sunggyu who gagged at the gesture. “Now, go change.” He ordered, tossing the male a pair of jeans and a black graphic tee.

“What. Can’t I wear my sweats?” Sunggyu lamented, prodding at his jeans as though they were diseased. Sungyeol shot him a horrified look before he shooed him into the bathroom, ordering him to change once again.

“If you ever go out in those sweats, I’m gonna burn them down.” Sungyeol threatened, glancing at his watch and smiling happily when he realised they were ahead of schedule. The plan was going smoothly.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The café was packed when they arrived, but thank god Myungsoo reserved a seat or they’d have to wait another hour for their turn. Sunggyu was still mumbling curses under his breath when he caught sight of another male seated beside his brother.

“Woohyun?” He thought aloud, attracting said male’s attention as they approached. Woohyun’s eyes widened in alarm at the sight of Sunggyu moving towards them, and he shot Myungsoo a frantic look as he wondered if it would be rude to excuse himself right now. Myungsoo glanced over to him with a strangely knowing look and pressed a hand over his thighs, preventing him from leaving.

“Hi babe.” Myungsoo greeted once Sungyeol and Sunggyu had reached the table, and his boyfriend puckered his lips in reply to his cheesy endearment.

“Sunggyu’s some kind of demon in the morning.” Sungyeol piped out casually, and Myungsoo grinned, nodding enthusiastically in agreement.

“You have no idea how miserable I was when I had to share a room with him in the past.” He said in exaggeration, slapping a palm to his chest in mock anguish. Sungyeol raised a subtle brow to him in silent communication, and Myungsoo grinned mischeviously.

“Why don’t lets go order some food?” He suggested, smiling when Sungyeol nodded happily.

“Yes, lets. You two just stay here since its really crowded.” Sungyeol advised, already getting his wallet as he stood up. Sunggyu’s eyes widened and he stood up as well, looking like a deer trapped in headlights.

“I want to order my own food.” He said quickly, trying to get past Sungyeol as the male cornered him with his body. Myungsoo watched the situation for a few seconds before he smiled and nodded, seating himself back down as he kicked Woohyun out.

“Then you two go order the food. I’ll text you our orders.” He said, pulling Sungyeol back down into the seat as he smiled reassuringly at Woohyun and Sunggyu, whom both looked like they were on the verge of a panic attack. Sungyeol caught on quickly and grinned, nudging Sunggyu away as he settled himself beside Myungsoo.

“Yeah, you two go. I want to spend some quality time with Myungsoo.” He said, snuggling close into Myungsoo’s arm as he watched them both move uncertainly towards the long queue. A girl accidentally pushed against Sunggyu, and he ended up brushing against Woohyun’s chest, eliciting a pretty blush on the male’s cheeks.

“Myungmyung, you’re a ing genius.” Sungyeol praised, patting the top of his boyfriend’s head proudly.

“I know.” Myungsoo replied, equally smug as he caught the growing tension between Sunggyu and Woohyun. May their love bloom forever.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Goddamn crowds. Sunggyu tried his best not to curse as they shuffled around, getting nowhere near the counter as people pressed in from all sides of his body. Woohyun was painfully silent, his round eyes frantic as they darted around quickly at everywhere but Sunggyu. To say it was awkward was an understatement.

The tension between them was as thick as butter, and Sunggyu had no idea of what he should say to make it go away. And blast his stupid heart for beating so damn loudly, he was certain it could be heard throughout the hustle and bustle of the café. A guy was finally getting out of the queue, two full trays of food in his arms as he balanced them as best as he could. His back hit Sunggyu’s shoulder hard, and the male found himself falling to the ground slowly. A hand wrapped around his waist before he could even touch the ground though, and Sunggyu glanced up, startled when he saw Woohyun’s face hovering above his in close proximity.

“You okay?” The male inquired, his thudding heartbeat easily felt by Sunggyu, whose back was pressed against his pulse. Sunggyu blinked in shock before he quickly got back onto his feet, the places where Woohyun’s hand had contacted burning as though it’d been branded.

“Um yeah.” He muttered softly, and Woohyun’s face flushed when he realised what he’d just done. , , .

“So, um, how’s exams?” Woohyun asked, attempting to start a genuine conversation with Sunggyu who looked quite stricken.

“Its okay, I guess.” Sunggyu murmured back, trying not to focus on how Woohyun’s face was so amazingly sculptured (he swears that its illegal to look this good).

“Oh. Um, its kinda tough for me.” Woohyun remarked lamely, wincing at how idiotic he sounded. Of course it’s tough for him, he’s a freshman. Anything is difficult when you’re freshman. Sunggyu glanced at him with something alike to amusement as he shuffled back into the queue, a ghost of a smile on his face.

“You’ll get used to it, don’t worry.” He assured, sounding quite calm himself as they moved forward slowly in the long queue. Woohyun stared at him silently for a moment before a smile eased over his lips, his eyes lighting up at the fact that they were having a proper conversation for once (and that Sunggyu didn't seem to be avoiding him anymore).

“Hope so. Not everyone can be as smart as you, Mr Kim.” He teased, astounding himself that he could even sound smooth and coherent. Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the obvious dig to him before he turned around, a small smile grazing his handsome face.

“I take that as a compliment.” He replied, a warm feeling bubbling in his heart when Woohyun just grinned. The silence that ensued later on was much more comfortable as they both waited for their turns, smiles exchanged occasionally when their gazes meet. Myungsoo and Sungyeol both high-fived when they noted the gradual progress between the two males, and without attracting too much attention, slipped out of the café secretly.

 


~~~~~~~~~~

 

“What the .” Sunggyu muttered when he and Woohyun reached their table, which was unoccupied except for the small packet of tissue (with the words 'gyuzizi' written on it) that hogged the area for them.

“Where did they go?” Woohyun murmured when he realised what had happened, and Sunggyu cursed again as he setted their food down. He knew all too well what his brother and Sungyeol were up to, and he swore that if they ever met again he was going to wring their balls off.

“I guess we should just eat the food on our own.” Sunggyu suggested, seating himself down on the cushioned seats as Woohyun sat across him. Their eyes met for a few seconds before Sunggyu glanced away, pulling the cup of bubble tea over and ripping the straw out of its packaging to keep his hands busy. Woohyun bit his lips in self-consciousness as he a basket of baked garlic bread, not sure if he should just start eating or whether he should start another conversation. So much for having a proper one back then, since the awkwardness was back in full force again.

“Go on and eat.” Sunggyu said, waving at the baskets of bread as he watched Woohyun dabble in uncertainty. His long fingers drummed against the table in an attempt to distract himself from the thick silence as he drank the bubble tea slowly. Sunggyu wondered if he should start the conversation first or whether he should wait for Woohyun, since the tension between them was starting to border on discomfort. Thankfully for him, his phone rang abruptly, giving him a way out as he slid the device out from his pocket.

“Hello?” He greeted, smiling briefly at Woohyun who shot him a questioning look.

“So, how’s the date?” Myungsoo replied, smugness tinting his tone (which Sunggyu would really love to rid).

“You planned this?” He inquired dryly, and his brother giggled (giggled?) a little, his uneven breaths hitting the mouth piece.

“Not really. My ingenious boyfriend did.” Myungsoo informed, and Sunggyu could practically hear the smile from the male’s voice. So damn annoying.

“I’m going to skewer you both when I get home.” Sunggyu muttered, drawing a horrified look from Woohyun to which he gave an assuring smile to calm him down.

“Whatever. As long as you two get together, we don’t mind anything.” Myungsoo commented, sounding quite sincere (but Sunggyu knew his brother was an actor and that he could convince people that the sun rose from the west if he wanted to).

“You're still going to die a painful, merciless death.” Sunggyu threatened, his tone lower and a lot more menacing as he contemplated on how he should torture his darling baby brother for commiting such an atrocity. Woohyun was looking at him like he's the reincarnation of Jack the Ripper, and he rolled his eyes sarcastically, dismissing the unsaid questions that were probably running havoc in the male’s mind.

“Sure, hyung.” Myungsoo sneered, making kissing noises in the background to which Sunggyu literally gagged at. There were more of those panting sounds, and Sunggyu almost hung up when he heard a vague grunt.

“What the heck are you doing, by the ways?” He snapped, and there was a soft pause where he could honestly feel Myungsoo’s mind working out an answer, before the male replied, “What do you think?”

“You’re so disgusting.” Sunggyu muttered, and he could hear laughing in the background before Myungsoo finally responded.

“ keeps the love alive, hyung. You should try that with Woohyun.” Sunggyu felt his jaw drop at the suggestion before he hung up quickly on his brother, not meeting Woohyun’s curious glances.

“Was that Myungsoo?” The male asked, and Sunggyu gazed over, feeling a lump form in his throat at the sight of Woohyun’s handsome face.

“Maybe.” He replied vaguely, looking away for good when Woohyun continued to stare at him with those dark, intense eyes.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A week had passed since that impromptu date (if you can even call it that), and Sunggyu had done a good job in avoiding both Woohyun and Myungsoo (and Sungyeol as well since he really can’t imagine his brother having with that weird piece of alien ). It was probably childish, but he couldn’t help it, since it was in his nature to avoid complicated things.

That is, until one night when Woohyun came home drunk.

Everything had been going smoothly, with Sunggyu cleaning his room (which happens about once in a million years) and unclogging the sink from unwashed dishes. The clock had struck midnight when he finally bleached the entire sink and all those bacteria-inhibiting utensils when suddenly, there was a thundering slam on his front door, shocking the life out of him. And the door had opened up to the sight of Woohyun, drunk and y, sprawled against the worn wood (Sunggyu sincerely hoped that nothing had broke).

“What the hell?” Sunggyu had cursed, moving away as Woohyun stumbled in, his hair tousled and messy as he spun around again, backing Sunggyu up against the door. His hands had reached over and grabbed Sunggyu’s wrists, pulling them closer till their bodies were barely a centimetre apart. Too close, in accordance to Sunggyu’s dictionary.

Woohyun’s face had inched over, the smell of alcohol cloying and sweet as his lips hovered painfully near Sunggyu’s.

“I really like you, Sunggyu. I can’t get you out of my mind.” Woohyun had whispered, his voice husky and low as he pressed their mouths together. Sunggyu’s brain had rocketed off the knockers at the feel of Woohyun’s soft and addictive lips on his own, and he brought his hands up, circling them around the male’s neck. Suddenly, Woohyun’s face had started to tilt towards his neck, his nose nuzzling and inhaling the fresh scent of Sunggyu before he vomited right there and then.

“Oh, ing hell! Woohyun!” Sunggyu had yelled in annoyance, shoving the male away as he pinched the bridge of his nose to stop from inhaling the putrid scent of the puke. Woohyun’s eyes had been unfocused as he stumbled around, falling flat on his on the tiny loveseat. Groaning in frustration, Sunggyu had shut his eyes in disbelief before he slowly pulled off his tee, getting ready to clean himself and Woohyun up.

The price for a kiss.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunlight filtered through the windows, waking Sunggyu up as he yawned tiredly, his eyes opening just a tiny crack as he let it adjust to the bright sunlight. There was a fragrance in the air which drew him out of bed and towards the kitchen, the sight of freshly cooked scrambled eggs bringing over a wave of hunger. They tasted amazing too, and Sunggyu lapped it all up in record time, his eyes only noticing the small note under the plate when he was finished.

 

Dear Sunggyu,

I’m sorry for last night. I hope you forgive me?

Woohyun

 

Sunggyu blinked at it in confusion before a slight pang of annoyance made itself known in his heart, his lips pressing together at the fact that Woohyun couldn’t even apologise to him face-to-face. So much for I-can’t-get-you-out-of-my-mind. Changing hastily into his attire (a pair of tight jeans and a loose sweater that showed too much of his collarbones for his liking), Sunggyu strode out of his dorm, moving quickly towards his lecture hall for his biology class. Woohyun was there too, and his heart raced when the male glanced up and stared at him with more intensity than needed.

Myungsoo was gesturing to him from the side of the hall and Sunggyu walked over, having no other place to sit at (aside from the fan girls whom winked at him non-stop).

“You’ve finally stopped ignoring me.” His brother remarked in satisfaction, his eyes widening in alarm when Sunggyu started to move away.

“Oh come on.” Myungsoo pleaded, gripping Sunggyu’s wrist tightly as he tugged him back down on the seats.

“Don’t ‘come on’ me.” Sunggyu hissed irritably, letting himself be pulled back down since he really didn’t want to sit with any of the girls in his class.

“Woohyun told me last week that you’ve been ignoring him too.” Myungsoo pointed out suddenly, narrowing his eyes at his brother with mock suspicion. “Did you guys really have ?” He continued, wincing when Sunggyu slapped his arm painfully.

“Don’t you dare say that.” He murmured and Myungsoo raised a brow, turning to look at Woohyun, who had been staring non-stop at Sunggyu.

“Oh my god, you guys really did it?” He exclaimed, earning a dirty look from the professor. Sunggyu face-palmed at his brother’s idiocy before he sighed and glanced down at his papers, not sure if he should tell about his kiss with Woohyun.

“We didn’t, okay?” He retorted in the end, and Myungsoo pursed his lips, turning back around to look at Woohyun, who was still staring at Sunggyu.

“But he’s giving you eyes, dude.” He remarked, earning another slap from Sunggyu which hurt a lot.

“Just shut up, dude.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sunggyu walked down the corridors of the college, not bothering to greet any of the professors as he passed them by. Woohyun was plaguing his mind like a disease and it was seriously frustrating him to no end. So what if the male just confessed his affection last night - according to Sunggyu’s sources, Woohyun still had a girlfriend (not that he wanted to know. No.) and he was still not striking up any conversations with him (though it had something to do with how Sunggyu avoided him like he was a SARS patient).

For all he knew, Woohyun might just be -faced drunk last night and had said some stuff his testerones forced him to. The bell rang for the next class and Sunggyu quickly made his way there, his breath catching in his throat when he saw Woohyun there with his girlfriend, along with a bunch of his newly-acquainted, equally handsome, friends.

“What’s wrong?” The girl was asking, her face scrunched up in confusion as Woohyun looked anywhere but at her.

“I don’t think its gonna work out.” He muttered, and Sunggyu swore that his heart did not just do a flip when he heard the male’s words.

“What do you mean, its not gonna work out?” The girl repeated sharply, her eyes narrowing when Woohyun just sighed and ran his fingers through his gorgeous smooth hair. Sunggyu tried not to let out any noise as Woohyun’s friends busied themselves with other things, though they were so obviously eavesdropping on the conversation.

“I just don’t really like you anymore, okay? I wanna break up with you.” Woohyun snapped irritably, probably reaching the limits to his tolerance of his girlfriend’s antics. Sunggyu raised a brow, noticing how the girl’s breaths were turning shallow and quick. If he’s not wrong, she’s that popular girl whom tried to get him to be her boyfriend. The one that he rejected. You’re going down, .

“Lets just stop seeing each other.” Woohyun continued, his tone exhausted and defeated as he ran his fingers through his hair again. There was a sense of apology hanging around him, and the girl pursed her lips tightly, tears b in her eyes.

“I dumped you, okay? I’m the one that dumped you.” She hissed, scrubbing off the tears furiously before she grabbed her books and stormed towards the exit, where Sungygu happened to be standing at.

“Excuse me.” She snapped in annoyance, pushing him off a little before she ran off down the corridors, most probably headed towards the toilets. Woohyun’s attention was drawn to the exit, and his eyes widened at the sight of Sunggyu, looking ever so gorgeous, standing at the doorway. His friends glanced up as well before their faces broke into grins, one of them even having the nerve to move all the way towards Sunggyu.

“Nice show huh?” The guy remarked cheekily, and Sunggyu offered him a smile, knowing full well how his looks could attract almost anyone to him.

“I guess so.” He replied indifferently, making his way towards his usual seat. Thankfully, the guy stopped following him and headed back towards Woohyun’s table, yelping when the latter hit him with a textbook.

“What the hell?” He muttered under his breath and Woohyun glared at him, glancing away for a moment and meeting Sunggyu’s amused gaze. Crimson red flushed his cheeks and he turned back around, looking towards the screen to distract himself.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Once the lecture was over, Sunggyu made his way out again, this time purposefully slowing his pace to allow the male behind him to catch up.

“Hey.” Woohyun greeted nervously, sliding into pace with Sunggyu as they walked down the corridors together. Myungsoo was shooting them knowing looks from the side, but Sunggyu just ignored him, knowing better than to react to his brother’s teasing.

“So, you broke up with your girlfriend?” Sunggyu commented, biting back a smile when Woohyun nodded slowly, his eyes darting around in panic. They reached the lockers for sophomores, and Sunggyu slowed down, pausing beside his.  

“Why?” He inquired in mock curiosity, resting his books on the side of his hips as he keyed in the security number for his locker. Woohyun flicked his fringe out from his eyes as he leaned on the lockers beside Sunggyu, his eyes boring into the male’s side profile with surprising boldness.

“I’m pretty sure you know the reason why.” He stated seriously, blinking when Sunggyu just pulled out the books needed for his next lesson without giving much of a reaction.

“Hmm, I’m not very sure. Could you enlighten me?” Sunggyu teased subtly, not knowing why and how he was becoming so forward with Woohyun about that indescribable chemistry between them. A small smile formed on Woohyun’s lips as he leaned even closer, his eyes shining with an unreadable expression (maybe it wasn’t so unreadable really).

“Its something to do with last night, when I kissed you. I wasn’t that drunk actually.” Woohyun explained, his eyes lighting up with amusement when Sunggyu snorted.

“You were puking your guts out. I doubt you were even the least bit sober.” He replied sarcastically, turning around to head to his next lecture hall.

“Well, I sincerely apologise for last night. Will you forgive me?” Woohyun mocked in feigned sincerity, grinning when Sunggyu just rolled his eyes.

“By the ways, about your girlfriend, - “ Sunggyu ignored Woohyun’s mouthing of ‘ex’, “ – I rejected her back in first year.” He said dryly, a laugh bubbling out of his chest when Woohyun shot him a horrified look.

What?” He exclaimed, stopping in his tracks as his eyes bulged out in disbelief. Sunggyu laughed harder when Woohyun groaned in misery, his face contorted into a comical expression which had his sides stitching from too much laughter. Woohyun slowly glanced up again, his sorrows disappearing when he saw Sunggyu laughing like there was no tomorrow. The sun was shining down at the right angle, and Sunggyu looked just like an angel.

An angel that he’d fallen for unconsciously.

Biting back a smile, he looped one arm around Sunggyu’s waist and pulled him close, staring at him with that expression again (Sunggyu thinks it could be affection, or maybe even love?).

“I’m glad Sungyeol made me room with you.” He murmured, and Sunggyu felt his heart racing as he shifted closer, their faces now separated by a mere centimetre.

“I’m glad he did.” Sunggyu mouthed against Woohyun’s lips, letting the male kiss him long and languidly in front of everyone in the corridor (he ignores the cheers from a certain two friends of his). There was a shocked silence before the corridor erupted into roars of approval, Woohyun’s friends even going as far as to rip up shreds of their notes to act as confetti.

Sunggyu grinned, leaning back for a second before he claimed Woohyun’s lips again, ending his dry streak of relationships.

The End.