For DivineDionne

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For DivineDIonne

From Secret Santa

Prompt:  My father told me once to never date anyone who talks smoothly around you from the start because if someone likes you they should be a little nervous and honestly I think that's the some of the best advice anyone has ever given me. 
 

Pairing: Myungyeol


Is This How Love Is?

The night sky with lots of stars has always been his past time. Looking at the stars shining so brightly gives him chills; just like now when Woohyun is staring at him. “Woohyun-ah?” he calls him without moving his eyes from the sky. “Hmm?” Woohyun’s stare now peer a hole through his skin.

“Woohyun-ah, stop staring at me.” He looks into his lover’s eyes. “Why?” Woohyun brushes the bangs away from his eyes, “why, don’t you like me looking at you?”

“Actually… you make me nervous” he looks away staring at the distance. “Really? Why do I make you nervous?” Woohyun teases him and he knows that.

“I’m al.. always nerv.. nervous around you. I.. I like wh.. when you lo.. look at me. It ma.. makes me fe.. feel spe.. special.” He stutters. “Because you are special” Woohyun lovingly caresses his cheek.

“B.. but… you are ne.. never nervous around me, are you?” he looks back into his eyes wanting some answers for his question.

“…”

“Woohyun?”

“…”

“Woohyun. Hey, shouldn’t you answer my question?” he is near to tears.

“You know… how long do we know each other, ah?” Woohyun spoke back looking into his eyes.

“What kind of a question is that?”

“Well, answer me.” Woohyun urges.

“I don’t know… when we were just kids?!” he laughs at their childhood memories.

“Hey… We were practically born together. We know each other from when we were just in diapers. We are neighbors, like what… for all our lives. We were friends, we are friends, we know each other too well. There is no need for me to feel awkward or nervous around you.” Woohyun reasons out his side of the answer, pecking his lips.

“Still… I do fee…”

“Sungyeol, Sungyeol…”

+++++++++++++

“Sungyeol!! Sungyeol!! SUNGYEOL!!!”

“Wh.. what?!”  Sungyeol woke up from the bed to come close to someone’s face, staring at his deep eyes.

“What do you want Myungsoo?” he rubs his eyes to pry away the sleep left in his eyes.

“Me? I don’t want anything. It’s you.. It’s already 8.. We have to be in class by 8.30” Myungsoo turns away from Sungyeol to the mirror and starts styling his hair.

“8.30? Why so early?” Sungyeol now stretches himself from all the sleep aches.

“How can you be so forgetful Yeol? Today is our exhibition. It’s a big event. We need to be there early to check out all are placed well” now turning towards Sungyeol.

Awhoo!! How can I let it slip out of my mind? But.. Why didn’t you wake me early, uh?” he questions bolting up from the bed.

Myungsoo turns away again from Sungyeol, “I thought you may need some sleep after your late night date.”

Uhmm.. Sorry Myungsoo-ah… “ Sungyeol scratches his head moving towards the bathroom.

“I’ll be down in the cafeteria. Come as soon as you can.” Myungsoo did not wait for Sungyeol’s reply but grabbed his bag and was out of the door in a jiffy. 

+++++++++++++

“How can I forget the exhibition? It is the day we will be ranked” muttering Sungyeol enters the shower. The warm water that falls on his shoulders makes him remember about the dream that he had. Though it’s not a dream it still haunts Sungyeol till this date.

It was on one of their dates that Sungyeol asked him that question. Friends? Yes, they were best of best friends. But doesn’t that change once they have become a couple? Isn’t that what happens with everybody else?

Sungyeol wondered whether Woohyun had those flutters; those butterflies that roam about in the stomach; you feel so good that you keep smiling; you forget to eat; you want that person more than food; you put more effort to match to that person’s liking when dressing; you feel jealous even by just watching a movie; you miss them when they are not around; you think about your future together; especially it becomes impossible to talk to them or meet their eyes.

But why does Woohyun seem to have no symptoms of being in love with him? When they are together he just moves easily as around a friend. He never gets nervous; he never bothers asking how he looks nor compliments Sungyeol; he never gets jealous when someone flirts with Sungyeol.

Despite all this they are in a relationship from their high school. Since they were always together all along, none of the friends in school questioned as they believed they’ll end up as a couple. Everybody in their school knew that both are inseparable. That if you need one of them you can find the other; so how close they were.

It seems there is a total change once they started their college. It could not be just because their major was different or they have different dorms. They rarely meet nowadays. And Sungyeol longs for the times that they had in school, being always in each other’s arms.

Wondering.. wondering Sungyeol didn’t realize how long he had taken in the bath. He stepped out of the shower; grabbed a towel from the counter; wrapped around his torso and brushed his teeth as fast as he can. He walked out the bathroom to his closet to find a white shirt along with black sweater and matching black pants. He then styled his hair to look presentable for the occasion.

Sungyeol grabbed his coat and bag from the desk and hurriedly went to the cafeteria.

+++++++++++++

Meanwhile Myungsoo was wondering how long Sungyeol will take to get prepared. They had to be there early. This has been their up to date best project that received good reviews from their teacher, also gaining a spot for the exhibition that is conducted once a year among the various other colleges. They really wanted this day to come from last year.

Myungsoo was the best photographer of their year. But with Sungyeol by his side they never made it the last year and he very much tried hard this year to make his wish possible and he doesn’t want to be late now, being criticized.

Myungsoo knows that Sungyeol is not bad of a photographer but that with his distractive mind he loses his concentration and doesn’t keep going on what he was doing earlier. With his always changing mind he rarely takes pictures. Now with Myungsoo’s persuasion and hard will to get into the competition they have come this far.

Sungyeol is an extremely notorious and has the habit of changing his interests very frequently. But Myungsoo still does not understand what he sees in Woohyun to still hang on to him even though the other does not seem to bother about Sungyeol’s existence.

He is well aware that they have been in a relationship from their high school and also best friends before that. In the beginning they seemed to be close but lately Myungsoo can sense that Woohyun has lost the passion for Sungyeol. He never takes his time off to be with Sungyeol.

Myungsoo learned from his friend Hoya the other day that Woohyun who said he was busy with his dance practice for the semester end performance was actually with his senior Sunggyu at the cafeteria. Why would Woohyun lie to Sungyeol? Why would he when they were in a relationship?

Thinking about it, he didn’t realize Sungyeol in front of him with his food tray munching his food. “Hey, did you meet Prof. Kim,” asked Sungyeol while munching his food.

“No idiot!!! I was waiting for you to come” Myungsoo looked down at his watch to check the time. It was time; they had to be there in the hall in 5 minutes.

“Sungyeol, there is not enough time. Grab the apple and lets go.” He walked off to throw away his food remaining.

Sungyeol did the same as Myungsoo and followed him outside the cafeteria.

+++++++++++++

They ran to the hall to check if everything was in place. Just when Myungsoo was taking out the files from his bag Prof. Kim arrived.

“Kids, you know this exhibition is big for you. You definitely have to grab this year’s trophy,” patting Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Hey you, Sungyeol”

NaeSaem” frowned Sungyeol.

“I believe you’ll present properly today. Don’t forget that it was because of myungsoo you are standing here. Don’t mess it up all for him,” said Prof. Kim punching Sungyeol’s arm.

“I know.” Sungyeol sat on the chair next to the desk and looked sullen. He knows he is not good as Myungsoo but nonetheless he tried. He did try his all of it to enter into the completion this year. He was sorry for Myungsoo that because of him he was not able to enter last year. So, this year he made it possible to have Myungsoo’s wish come true. He will not mess this time.

Once Prof. Kim left to talk to other teachers Myungsoo turned to look at Sungyeol. “Hey, Yeol, don’t mind him. You know he’s always like that. I know you’ll be the best in the presentation.”

“It’s okay Myungsoo.  I’m fine” Sungyeol answered curtly staring at his phone.

Sungyeol wondered why Woohyun hadn’t called. Or at the least he could have sent a text wishing him luck. Did he forget that the day was important to Sungyeol? Is it because he overslept like him? Didn’t he say he would be there for him? Was he busy with some work?

It soon became a rush as the visitors started busting in. All Myungsoo and Sungyeol could do was answer the queries and just there. But Myungsoo could sense that Sungyeol was not concentrating on the fair. He knew he was thinking about Woohyun who has still not visited their booth or called Sungyeol.

Just as the other guessed Sungyeol was overly stressed that Woohyun was not there to give him words of comfort so that he could present with ease. He had only 1 hour and 40 minutes until the presentations start and being the host for the exhibition it’s the 2 teams that were selected are to present first. And to top things of it was their turn to present first.

Sungyeol called Woohyun again but he never picked up his call. “Myungsoo-yah, I’m going out for a bit. Can you please cover for me too? I’ll be back soon.”

“Yep, I can do that for you… Bu.. but don’t take much time.” Myungsoo saw Sungyeol nodding off and running towards the nearest door. Myungsoo wondered when Sungyeol will realize what is happening around him.

+++++++++++++

Sungyeol called Woohyun many times as was searching for him. He looked in his dorm first and heard he was out in the class. He ran to Woohyun’s class but still had no trace of him. He searched him in all the places that he possibly could be: library, cafeteria, gym. Still Sungyeol never saw Woohyun anywhere.

Sungyeol was now restless. He was worried if something happened to Woohyun, since he neither picked his call nor was found anywhere. He ran his hand through his hair frustrated from what was happening now. He picked up his phone to make a call again and turned around the corridor to see something he could not believe his eyes with.

Woohyun. HIS Woohyun was kissing someone else. And not just that he could see that they were just more than making out.

He saw Woohyun’s hands under the shirt of the other guy who was so loudly that could tear of the eardrums of Sungyeol. Shocked beyond hell he had no idea what he should do now. Confront Woohyun? Ask him for reasons? Well he can clearly see that Woohyun didn’t kiss him like he was kissing the other for the first time. Did that mean he was cheating on him? For how long?

Not able to handle the questions and the answers that seems to right in front of him he moved a step back. In his fierce movement he dropped his phone which hit the floor with the loudest noise enough to break the two kissing passionately.

+++++++++++++

Hearing the crash both the lovebirds turned their heads to the direction of the sound. Woohyun was shocked beyond his life that Sungyeol has caught him cheating. Sunggyu tried to clear the mess by buttoning p his shirt.

“Su… Sung…. Sungyeol…. I….” stuttered Woohyun with words not coming out of his mouth. He stepped forward towards Sungyeol, who swiftly turned around and ran away from him.

“Sun… Sungyeol…. Yeol…. Yeol…. Wait…. Wait…” he ran after him but lost him once he turned around the corner.

“Yeol!! Sungyeol!!” yelled Woohyun but in vain. Being worried and frustrated from himself he walked back to Sunggyu, who was waiting for him with Sungyeol’s phone in his hand.

“Woohyun” called out Sunggyu patting the back of his lover.

“I lost him, Sunggyu. I think I lost him forever.” Sunggyu could see the tears that glistened in his eyes.

Startling them Sungyeol’s phone rang.

Its Myungsoo. Should I attend the call?” Sunggyu asked a broken Woohyun.

Woohyun shook his head afraid to meet up the wrath of Myungsoo. But it seems the other was persistent. Woohyun crouched on the floor with strength leaving his legs.

Sunggyu sat beside Woohyun and held his palm in his palms smoothing him to relax down.

Woohyun could no longer hold his tears back. He cried his eyes out. “I don’t know what would happen now. I don’t want to lose my best friend. I.. I love him.. I worry about him.. I care for him.. He is my best friend.”

Sunggyu kept staring at Woohyun when he poured his heart out. But he understands him of what he is going through now. He knows he should talk to him.

“Woohyun.. Woohyun. Look at me.” Sunggyu said trying to get Woohyun’s attention but he never did.

Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s left cheek and forced him to look at him. “Woohyun-ah. I knew this would happen. I know what you are feeling right now. But being broken and devastated now would solve nothing. You should face Sungyeol and tell him how you feel about your relationship. Yes, this was not how he was supposed to know.” Woohyun’s stare could pierce a hole through the other.

Taking away from their trance Sungyeol’s phone rang. Sunggyu put it in his lover’s palm, “Woohyun-ah, start with Myungsoo.”

Woohyun took the phone and pressed the answer button. Sunggyu squeezed his palm to ease him to talk.

“Sungyeol… What were you doing? Why didn’t you answer the call earlier? Didn’t you say that you’ll be back soon? When are you coming back?” Woohyun heard Myungsoo on the other line.

Myung… Myungsoo…” Woohyun stuttered.

“Woohyun!! Ah… So, he found you.”

“He did.”

“When is he coming back? It’s time for our presentation. I thought we should go through once.”

“Sorry.” Woohyun shut his eyes closed letting go few tears to flow down his nose.

“What? Sorry? For what?”

“I’m sor.. sorry… I.. Gyu…” Woohyun sniffled being never able to bring himself to completely tell him what happened.

There was silence for few seconds.

“Woohyun.. Where is he now?” Woohyun could hear panic in Myungsoo’s voice.

“I do.. don’t kn... know. I tri… tried to cat.. catch him. Bu.. but he ran aw.. away,” stuttered Woohyun now crying his eyes out, never realizing the call was already hung.

Sunggyu not able to watch the collapsing Woohyun hugged him to assure him what he thinks would not happen, infact realizing the truth.

“You need some rest. Let’s go to the dorm. Get up.” Sunggyu pulled Woohyun’s left arm to get him on his feet.

Woohyun did not budge saying, “I can’t le.. leave him. I should fi.. find him. I sho.. should ex.. expl.. explain to him. I should apo.. apologize.”

“You can’t in your state. First of all you need to calm down Woohyun-ah.” Sunggyu once again tried his best to move Woohyun from the floor.

“No.. No.. I need to find him,” yelled out woohyn yanking his arm from Sunggyu’s grasp. He held sunggyu’s shoulder, shook him and asked, “why don’t you understand how I feel? Why are you making me feeling worse?”

Sunggyu held Woohyun’s hands from inside his hold pulling him a little closer. “No. Now is not the right time for you to talk to him. You’ll hurt him more, which I’m sure you don’t want. Besides rather you go to him, I think there is perfectly someone who could put him up.”

Woohyun looked into his lover’s eyes wanting answers for what he said now, “who?”

Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun’s expression, “there is someone. So, let’s go to the dorm. Get up.”

Now Woohyun listened to Sunggyu and got up to leave to his room.

+++++++++++++

Myungsoo was wandering around the grounds in hopes to find Sungyeol. He was extremely worried now, not because they had only one hour for the presentation or he left his booth in hands of Sungjong, who might possibly having a chat on his phone not bothered about the fair but for the person he was looking around like crazy.

He knew that this was gonna happen someday. But he never thought that it would be this soon. He doesn’t want Sungyeol to be heartbroken. He never wanted him to find out Woohyun cheating on him. He now seriously wants to find Sungyeol. He wants to know if he is alright. The beats of his reckless heart wants to see his first love now.

Myungsoo knew that it was love at first sight. The Sungyeol, who was happy to know that he finally had a roommate. That Sungyeol, who danced around the room to welcome Myungsoo. That Sungyeol, who gave him a Iced Americano to toast to them living together. That Sungyeol, who went on saying that he will be Myungsoo’s best friend.

Myungsoo never thought that he would meet such a kid with whom he would be so much in love with. Myungsoo still remembers that day they first met. How can Myungsoo have not fallen for him?

+++++++++++++

*FLASHBACK

Myungsoo was really tensed that he will stand out of others because he will be starting classes a month late. He will not be able to find friends with his gloomy personality. How will he keep up with the lessons that would have passed already? Will his classmates accept a late entry? What if they didn’t like him? What will he do?

With all the thoughts crowding his mind he saw dorm 2 in front of him. How will his roommate be? Will he disregard him? Was he a fresher same as him? Will he be indifferent to his presence? What if he comes out to be a bully? Not looking properly he hit the closing door of the dorm.

“Ouch!!” rubbed forehead and touched his nostrils to check if he was bleeding.

Ow! That should hurt. I’m sorry I didn’t see you coming.” Said a guy with black hair and probably much shorter than him holding a cup.

“Nah. Its okay. I didn’t look where I was heading to,” said Myungsoo still rubbing his forehead.

Ergh.. I think it still hurts. Umm… let me help you,” said the other guy trying to get the hold of the baggage from Myungsoo.

“No. I’m fine. I’m perfectly alright.” Myungsoo held his head feeling a bit dizzy now.

“No. just take a seat here for now,” said the guy pulling Myungsoo to the couch nearby in the dorm hall. He sat down for few minutes.

“I’m really sorry. I just argued with my boyfriend and was frustrated over him, didn’t see you coming in,” apologized the guy.

“Please don’t be sorry. It happens. Besides I’m at fault too.” Myungsoo now grabbed his luggage to leave. “I should be going now. Thanks and see you around.”

Waving goodbye to the guy Myungsoo moved to the 3rd floor where his room was located. He was in front of R.No 312. Myungsoo knew that his roommate was inside. Obviously no way he would be out at this time on a Sunday. Not knowing whether he should knock or barge in since it being his room too, Myungsoo stood fixed in front of the door.

Not giving any chance for Myungsoo the door opened revealing a too cheerful guy with a big smile showing off his gums.

“Are you my new roommate? I heard from Prof. Heo that you’ll be early. But why are you late?” said the guy scratching the back of his head, now showing the face of a confused person.

Ummm… I…” Myungsoo started saying before which he was interrupted by his roommate.

“You know what. Never mind. Come in. I’ll show you around.” With an excited face he pulled the trolley from Myungsoo’s hand and went inside the room.

Myungsoo could not move from that place. Who was this guy? Before he could come up with an answer a head popped out. “Why are you not coming in? You don’t like me?” asked the guy with a sad face where his beautiful doe eyes seems to flow with sadness.

“No. No. I like you,” blurted Myungsoo before he could even control his tongue. He didn’t know why he said that. Was it to make the other feel better? Or was there some reason behind it? Why would he say something like that to the guy he just met?

Before his thoughts could drown him he heard the sweetest squeal ever. Wahh!! You do? I am sure we are gonna be best friends. I like you too,” said the guy smiling showing his gums. “Now come in, will you?” he turned his heels and walked back in leaving a mesmerized Myungsoo who would have never thought he already had fallen for that Choding guy.

*FLASHBACK ENDS

+++++++++++++

Myungsoo went around the whole ground in hopes to find Sungyeol. He searched all the possibilities that he could be. But all the other times Sungyeol was not broken like he is now. The Sungyeol he knew was really a 5 year old kid at heart. He would be sad in one moment and turn cheerful the next moment when he gets over the fact. He can get over anything so fast but now he wonders.

Myungsoo was confused that if he was not here then where would he be. Then he remembered the time he said that he loves to be near the pond on west grounds that looks so genuine with small stream along it. He remembers him saying that speaks to him being genuine with his feelings. Myungsoo ran to the pond to find Sungyeol sitting on the ground staring at the tiny falls from the stream that flows into the pond.

Myungsoo went close to Sungyeol and sat beside him. Myungsoo could see the tears shimmering down the eyes. He wants him to know that he’ll be there for him always no matter what he wants him to be. That much he has realized being with this gorgeous person before him for more than a year.

“Sungyeol-ah,” Myungsoo called out to him to announce his presence.

“Myungsoo, please go away. Leave me alone,” pleaded Sungyeol still staring at the stream.

Myungsoo turned to see Sungyeol not taking his eyes off the stream. He has never seen Sungyeol concentrating on something so completely. He saw that the always glowing smiling doe eyes were now the saddest it seems had ever been. The chubby cheeks were stained with tears. The big kissable lips that he never was able to kiss were now droopy from sadness.

Looking at Sungyeol, he knows he cannot let him get lost in whatever he is thinking and fudge over it, because this is the first time he had seen such a devastated Sungyeol. He has to bring the bright Sungyeol back.

“Yeol-ah, I know you are hurt. I’m not sure what you saw. But… I know so much that it has broken your faith. And I ca….”

“I don’t want you to lecture me on anything. Can you just please leave me alone for God’s sake?” cried out Sungyeol.

“No!! Sungyeol, I’m not leaving you alone. I’ll never leave you alone,” patted the taller’s shoulder.

“Take your hand off of me. And please don’t give me promises which you are going to break someday like… like…” tears gushed out of Sungyeol’s eyes with the mere thoughts of Woohyun’s broken promises.

“Sungyeol, how can I make you trust me with what I’m saying? I’m sorry about what happened. I’m your friend Sungyeol; the best friend that you made on my first day here. Didn’t you say you’ll stay for me in my bad times? In that case now do you expect me to let you rot yourself in a hole? No. Sungyeol I can’t do that.”

Myungsoo continued as there was no argument coming from the taller now. “Yeol-ah, can you please not get angry and shout but listen to what I’ve to say? Can you?” asked Myungsoo in the lowest tone possible.

Myungsoo waited for a few seconds after whom Sungyeol slightly nodded his head to get Myungsoo go on with his talking.

“Yeol-ah, I don’t want you to get angry but the truth is nobody is under your control. You’ve known him all your life Sungyeol. When I say you’ve been together for too long, then yeah, you’ve been with him all your life.”

“Have you ever thought about anything else apart from all these years? You were too dependent on him; as friend; and as a lo.. lover too” stuttered Myungsoo beccause that word literally hurt him knowing the love of his life loved someone else.

“In my opinion, you guys never had a chance to think over about your relationship. Being friends for almost 15 years and taking the big next step of being a couple was straightaway not the path to get into a relationship,’ said Myungsoo looking at the stream that lows in wavy motion.

“You never had a phase, did you, where you thought of what made you like him? What was more attractive about him that made your heart flutter? Why just a simple smile or word that he says makes your heart want to jump out? Why in the world was he more loving and sweet despite others that you wanted him to be yours? Why when he would look at you, you wish that you could make time stop at that moment?” Why despite him being someone else’s you still wanted him to be yoursMyungsoo thought to himself looking at Sungyeol.

“What are you trying to say? That we didn’t love each other?” Sungyeol spat at Myungsoo turning to face him up close.

The closeness made Myungsoo shiver. To hide his thumping heart he turned the other side looking far into the trees. After few seconds of calming down he turned towards the stream. “Maybe.. Maybe not.”

There was huge silence that went between them. Both knowing there was nothing much to neither ask nor answer. Maybe had a lot of meaning that withheld in that. Both were thinking their own sides of maybe and maybe not’s.

With something that Myungsoo wanted Sungyeol to understand that he can’t break away because Woohyun cheated on him. That he was going to put in Sungyeol’s head.

Clearing all his thoughts Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol, “Yeol-ah, cant you think what happened as something that was for the best? That Woohyun was not meant for you?”

“Something for the best? I love him Myungsoo-yah! How can even think about that?” Sungyeol turned to face Myungsoo but he never expected that he would look into something so intense that will break all the walls that he built around himself being so narrow. Sungyeol unexpectedly was caught up in the eyes of Myungsoo that had so much to say; so much to hide. He was not able to figure it out but he was sure he could fall in that depth of the eyes.

Getting aware of the awkward situation Myungsoo turned away looking the other side, “Your feelings for him, if it was so much of love then why do you think he went after somebody else?”

“So you are saying I’m at fault for why he cheated on me? I’m not attractive enough or I don’t have enough charms to have him at my side?” Sungyeol could no longer hear his words. It was hurting him.

Myungsoo knew Sungyeol has taken it a wrong sense and wondering that he was the reason that they could not be together but it was Woohyun all the time.

Without thinking about anything but with only the thought to comfort the taller he grabbed Sungyeol’s cheeks in both his hands making him look at him. “You are not at all wrong. You’re the most beautiful guy I’ve ever met Sungyeol. If only you had not been dating there would be a he queue to ask you to be their boyfriend.” You have no idea how attractive you are that I can’t bear to look away from you, said Myungsoo trying to calm his overly excited thumping heart.

Myungsoo dropping palms off of Sungyeol’s cheeks said, “You have to give some space for both of you. I don’t wanna tell you that he will come back. All I wanna say is that everything happens for a reason. What is that I’m not aware but it is for you, that you found him in that state.

“It is better in now for you to know yourself. You are no longer bound by anything. You have control over your life. You can do what your dream says. Keep moving forward and make it yours.” Myungsoo kept on going noticing that Sungyeol was listening to him intently.

Holding on to this bad relationship is disrespectful to yourself. You only have about 80 years (give or take whatever) on this world. Every second you waste on this is time you aren't going to get back. Tick tock, dude. Trust me. You will laugh at yourself a year from now for thinking this. “ Myungsoo turned towards the pond.

He checked the time. They had only 20 minutes until the presentation starts. “Sungyeol-ah? I’m not mean. And I’m not forcing you to come to the presentation because I know you are not in the right mind and can’t think about anything else properly now. Still, I want you to know that, this is our break. I wish you would be there. Then it’s upon you Sungyeol.” Myungsoo patted Sungyeol’s shoulder before getting up and walking back to the hall to get ready to present to make it up for the other.

+++++++++++++

Myungsoo rushed to the hall since he knew there was no enough time. In everything he also has to go through Sungyeol’s portion of the presentation. A single tear escaped from the pool of tears formed in his eyes as he walking back to the hall. He knows what Sungyeol would be thinking about and the consequences too.

Myungsoo now was too hurt than when he knew he will not have Sungyeol as his lover. When he realized that the guy that he fell for in the first sight was already somebody else’s boyfriend was nothing like what he is feeling now. Because he knows how Sungyeol will react to this matter.

The Sungyeol that Myungsoo is well aware does not trust anyone easily; maybe because of his personality. But once he has faith in that person he would never believe anything against him. And which that much he believed Woohyun; to be betrayed by him in his face will have left a big hole in Sungyeol’s heart.

A heart when realizes that it has a chance to be with the one for which it can stop beating would be thudding to breakout; but Myungsoo’s heart does the otherwise, it breaks on thinking what would be the future of their relationship.

Myungsoo knows that Sungyeol would have lost all the trust in himself and now to be able to trust the person next to him; he would never be able to. This could also mean that he probably will distance himself from Myungsoo and others. He will lose trust in himself. Myungsoo does not want either to happen. He wants the cheerful, always shouting, squealing excited Sungyeol. But that he will not get to see.

Myungsoo didn’t realize he was already at his booth. He seemingly grabbed the files and started going through it.

“Myungie hyung, is everything alright? Why are you this late? Where were you? Where is Yeol hyung? Shouldn’t he be with you? Prof. Kim asked you guys to be ready as it was time,” asked Sungjong without knowing what has happened with the elder.

After waiting and with no response from Myungsoo, “hyung… hyung, Kwenchana?” Sungjong shook Myungsoo to get him back to this world.

Getting out from the daze that enclosed Myungsoo, he turned towards the sound, “uh?! Did you ask something, Sungjong-ah?”

“Hyung…. Waegurae? What happened? Where is Sungyeol hyung? When will he come?” asked the confused Sungjong looking at the flabbergasted hyung in front of him.

“He… He will not be coming,” said Myungsoo trying to control the tear that was ready to fall.

“He will not be coming? What are you saying hyung? Didn’t u both work on this for the whole semester? Is he afraid to be on stage? Is he that much of a scared poke?” Sungjong spilled out.

“Shut up Sungjong. He is not afraid to be here. He is…. He cannot be here. So… I think it will start now. If you want to watch get inside the presentation hall. Let me prepare. Leave me alone.” Myungsoo sort of yelled at Sungjong.

The bemused Sungjong who has never seen Myungsoo like this only shook his head and sprinted towards the presentation hall.

Myungsoo now realized he was late. He gathered his things and started towards the presentation hall with the burden to even present Sungyeol’s part.

+++++++++++++

The dignitaries had finished their speeches and Prof. Kim, the representative head, stood on the dais.

“Thank you all. As we all are gathered here for the best part of the students presentations we would like to start with the hosting party. Here we have Mr. Kim Myungsoo and Mr. Lee Sungyeol to come on to dais and present what they have for us here.” He motioned Myungsoo but blinked since he was npt able to spot Sungyeol anywhere near him.

Myungsoo being well aware of the audiences and the dignitaries’ presence along with Prof. Kim’s stare he stepped on to the dais worried.

“Honorable dignitaries, Professors, Friends from other colleges and to all gathered here a very good afternoon. I would start with saying what the theme for our project was this year. As you can see…. It… it... its…” Stuttered Myungsoo, because the next word was stuck in his throat.

“….” He was not able to carry on now and his gaze was a maze with flooding tears.

“Love. The theme is love.” A shocked Myungsoo turned towards the sound of the voice to find Sungyeol with a mic. He could see that there was no trace of sadness in Sungyeol’s face but there was brightness, a fully fledged glow which seemed like he got a power from some kind of a backup.

“Sorry. And excuse us for that. Well. With the theme being love we wanted everybody who sees the picture to feel the love. The love that could be for a child from the mother; love where the husband showers with the vow to his wife; love that we have for our foods; love that teachers’ show to their students welfare; love of a sibling; love which blooms in between lovers; love in which you can put yourself through hell for friendship.” Sungyeol glanced sideways where Myungsoo stood as stone as a statue.

After Sungyeol explained his part, then Myungsoo somehow miraculously completed the presentation.

“That was very blissful of a theme and thank you for presenting what you had for the viewers Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee. Everybody lets put up our hands once again.” There was a huge applause by the audience.

“Thank you. Now we have Mr. Park Jaebum and Mr. Kim Junsu to have the stage next,” said Prof. Kim and then came to Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

“Sungyeol, you were amazing. I never knew you were this good. Congratulations guys you did perfectly well.” Praised Prof. Kim for their sincere effort.

“Kamsamnidha Seonsaengnim” both bowed in front of their teacher to show their respect to him.

“Ne ne. now off you go to the seats,” waved away his hands Prof. Kim.

Both the students shook their head and turned around towards the seats. Sungyeol saw Sungjong waving his hands towards the empty seats near him. But before he could enter the row Myungsoo stopped by pulling his left arm.

Sungyeol turned to look at the still confused Myungsoo. “Let… lets…. Can we talk?” stuttered Myungsoo not knowing what else to do?

“Not now Myungsoo. Later,” saying that he grabbed the right palm of Myungsoo and pulled him towards the seats near Sungyeol.

Myungsoo was startled by Sungyeol’s behavior but still followed him. Once they reached Sungjong, he shouted “Way to go hyungs. You nailed it so well. Congrats.” He hugged both Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

Although Sungyeol did not tell Myungsoo why he came and what happened that he seemed to be alright, he knows Myungsoo would not question until he tells it by himself.

Myungsoo has no idea what has happened in that one hour after he left Sungyeol’s side. What was he thinking now? Why is he does not seem to have any sadness left in him? Is he over him so fast? No, that’s not Sungyeol. just like that the next 2 hours went in silence.

+++++++++++++

After the presentations made they never had time alone so that they could have some conversations.

By evening they had the party for the winners which obviously were Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Prof. Kim was more than proud that this year they bagged the trophy. He was especially proud that Sungyeol’s presentation played a major role in them winning the award. All through the party he was boasting about Sungyeol to everyone present there.

Myungsoo kept glancing at Sungyeol through the whole party. Sungyeol whenever he turns towards Myungsoo he would just smile at him. For Sungyeol seems to be like nothing he saw or happened with him that noon, he was very cheerful and dancing around talking about the fair and the trophy. But to Myungsoo all behind that façade he knows the real Sungyeol who must be really hurting. But why is he acting, if he has so much of sadness in him, was what Myungsoo could not understand.

As the party was not for everybody, the participants were allowed to bring few of their friends and as both of them have already planned they had given their five free passes to their friends which include Woohyun.

Myungsoo was wondering if Woohyun would turn up to explain things to Sungyeol but what he saw was excruciating. From afar he saw Sunggyu walking toward him. Though he has spoken to his sunbae only twice he had no idea how his personality actually was. He was bit afraid but more angry that they made Sungyeol sad on what they actually did.

“Hey, Myungsoo, right?” said Sunggyu who was now near Myungsoo.

“Yeah.”

“Can we talk?” silently asked Sunggyu.

“I’m sorry. But I don’t think I have the power to talk politely to you,” smirked Myungsoo.

A big smile broke out of Sunggyu, “you love him that much so you can hurt me?”

Myungsoo was taken aback by what he heard, “wha.. what? Lo.. love?” stuttered he not knowing what the situation was turning to.

“Yeah. As a friend, don’t you love him?” asked Sunggyu still with the smiling face.

“Uh.. Yea… Yeah I do,” said Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo” called Sunggyu.

“Ne”

Its okay to love your friend” said Sunggyu looking at Myungsoo.

“Ye? What are you saying?” Myungsoo was afraid why Sunggyu would say something like that to him when he barely knows him.

“I can see that Myungsoo. In your eyes, its all written. Yes, Sungy..”

“Stop it. I don’t wanna hear anything,” Myungsoo sort of yelled at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu smiled at how Myungsoo seemed afraid of the situation, “I understand what you feel for him. I can see it in your eyes.”

“Please just can you stop it? Please” kind of beg Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, you cannot run from your feelings forever. Don’t you get it?”

“Even if I don’t get it, I don’t want you to tell me. You are the reason why Sungyeol is like this. You are the reason why Woohyun cheated on him. Do you think I would love to have this chat with you?” spat Myungsoo showing how angry he was at the other.

“Yes. I am the reason. I apologized to Sungyeol too” said Sunggyu with guiltiness in his eyes.

“What?” hearing it Myungsoo turns so swiftly facing Sunggyu, “you spoke to Sungyeol? When? Why?”

“Yes. I spoke to him after you left him near the pond. Why? I had to apologize” said Sunggyu softly facing to see Sungyeol with his friends.

“What did you tell him?”

“Well… that’s between us. And Myungsoo I’m here to apologize to you too,” turning to Myungsoo he gave an apologetic smile.

Bewildered Myungsoo asked, “me? What would you wanna tell me?”

“Can you listen me out till I say what I’m here for. Can you not get angry and shout at me?”

“How can you expect me to not yell when I feel irritated by only seeing you” spat back Myungsoo.

“I’m sorry. But can you please” pleaded Sunggyu looking into Myungsoo’s eyes.

Something made Myungsoo to think he was sincere so he shook his head asking the elder to go ahead.

“Woohyun and I have been dating from this semester. I’m sorry that Sungyeol had to go through this but I’m not sorry that we are in love” paused Sunggyu on the thought that Myungsoo was going to blast him off but Myungsoo remained silent.

“We had feelings for each other from the time we met last year. At that time I didn’t knew he had a boyfriend. We eventually realized we loved the other. When we started going out, it was on our third date he told me about Sungyeol. I was angry at him for cheating and cut off our relationship last semester” Continued Sunggyu.

“The holidays that I had I was lovesick. I was so much in love with the namtree that I realized I cannot live without him. When we met this year we confessed that we want each other to survive. We started seeing each other.”

Sunggyu took a deep breath, “we actually didn’t know how to tell this to SungyeolWoohyun was afraid because he was sensitive and would blame himself. He did not want to hurt him by saying he is in love with another and what they had was a too haste decision of being in a relationship with Sungyeol.”

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo and smiled, “we thought Sungyeol would realize his love for you and then everything would go smooth.” Myungsoo gave him a weird ‘what?’ look.

Smiling at the reaction of Myungsoo Sunggyu continued. “Yes, we kind of knew that you seemed to like Sungyeol and could not do anything because he already had a boyfriend. And also Woohyun said ‘maybe Sungyeol likes him too but doesn’t realize it’. So we thought that you guys would need time.”

The smiling Sunggyu eyes turned guilty again, “we did not think he will see us like that. It must have totally broken him. But on the brighter side I’m happy it has happened.”

“How can u say you are happy? Someone was hurt and is still hurting and you are happy?” Myungsoo who thought he could understand Sunggyu burst out at the last comment of the elder.

“No. You misunderstood. What I’m trying to say is that…. Don’t you think its for the best? I get that it would be hard for Sungyeol now but later he will be happy. And… What about you? Don’t you have a chance with Sungyeol now?”

“What are you talking about? We both are friends” Myungsoo said.

“Don’t try to hide from me Myungsoo. I can very well see how much you like him. I’m sure he will soon realize he loves you too” said the smiling Sunggyu.

“That… That won’t happen. I don’t think Sungyeol would trust another friend much less fall in love with him” Myungsoo also thought what if their friendship happens to be at stake.

Myungs…”

“No Sunggyu. You don’t know Sungyeol, like I do. He may not even want to be close to me again after what happened with Woohyun.”

“I don’t thi….”

“Hey, Myungie hyung! Prof. Kim is looking for you. Lets go” Sungjong pulled Myungsoo away from Sunggyu not letting him finish his sentence.

+++++++++++++

After the party it was late night that they reached their dorm room. Since it was 9.00 pm there was no student outside of their rooms except for them and some ‘the always mischievous kids’. They bid goodbye to Sungjong and other friends and went straight to their room, being extremely tired.

Once they entered the room Sungyeol went straight to the bathroom ignoring Myungsoo who was staring at him effortlessly. Once inside he went to the shower thinking about today’s events. Today as he thought in the day’s beginning; it was a big day for him. It was a day like no other; he made a presentation worth the applause; he won a trophy; he saw his boyfriend cheating; he was heartbroken; he also actually realized he maybe was not really in love with Woohyun.

He always thought that lovers would always feel nervous and shy around each other. But in their case, though Sungyeol was not able to meet him straight in the eyes; act shy around the other, Woohyun never showed any of those symptoms. Thinking back, why did he not realize that it may not have been love?

*FLASHBACK

Sungyeol sat quiet after Myungsoo left him. He did not know what to do. He was crying rivers now. What was he going to do? The person he trusted more than himself cheated on him. Where did he go wrong? Why has everything changed? His heart wants to explode with all the hurt that he feels now. He wants to cry out loud and cry to the heavens for the betrayal that he was feeling now. Why Woohyun?

“Sung… Sungyeol?” his thoughts were broken away from the voice behind him. He turned to look at the person he wanted to see the least now.

Wh… what are you doing here? Do you think I would wanna see your face now? With what courage are you here?” spat Sungyeol with all he got

“I’m sorry to be here. But I need to talk to you” said a very guilty Sunggyu.

“Talk? Are you kidding me? On what basis did you come to the conclusion that I will listen to you?” yelled Sungyeol with all the frustration built up in him.

“Please. I beg you. Please let me talk’” begged the elder with pleading eyes.

There was a huge silence saying that Sungyeol was ready to listen.

We both started seeing each other from this semester. But we had feelings for each other from last year. Only when we started going out on our third date he told me about you. I was angry at him for cheating and cut off our relationship.”

“All through the holidays I realized I cannot live without him. I was so much in love him. When we met this year we confessed that we want each other.”

“We didn’t know how to tell this to you, SungyeolWoohyun was afraid that you’ll be hurt. He did not want to see you struggling with his relationship with me. We knew we had to confess to you. But when, we had no idea. We are extremely sorry. I hope you can forgive Woohyun?” said Sunggyu.

“Forgive? Do you think that it is easy? Do you think it does not hurt me to know that for the whole past year my boyfriend actually was not mine? My boyfriend was seeing someone else on my back? To know that all those days that we spent together was nothing to him? It is not easy” cried out Sungyeol.

“I can’t say I understand Sungyeol. But I don’t want yours and Woohyun’s relationship to be broken. He sees you as a friend; as a brother.”

“Brother? That’s too funny, coz till yesterday he was my boyfriend and now my brother. That…. That’s just….” Rivers of tears flowed from Sungyeol’s eyes.

“Maybe Sungyeol you guys were not in love with each other in…”

“Not in love? You have no right to judge me. He may not have loved me. I loved him with all my heart” interrupted Sungyeol.

“Yea. You did. But probably you never realized that was just a overly love for your friend. You guys knew each other from childhood. It was comfortable for both of you to be together. Maybe that’s why you guys thought it was love and started dating. Don’t you think so?” Sungyeol could not argue since he seemed somewhere somewhat right.

“And along the way Woohyun realized he was not actually in love with his friend. But you didn’t get the chance to realize it. I’m sure eventually you’ll come to know your real feelings. It may take time.”

“What are you saying?” asked a stoic Sungyeol.

“What I’m saying is that you will realize real love when you meet him. Or probably he was always with you but you never gave it a thought” smirked Sunggyu.

“I don’t get you. Love with someone I know,” a confused Sungyeol asked the elder.

“It’s so much I can tell you Sungyeol. The rest is for you to find out by yourselves.”

The dazed Sungyeol from the words of Sunggyu stood there in silence.

“Did Myungsoo not say its time for your presentations.”

“Uh,.. “

“I’m sorry Sungyeol. Best of luck.” With that saying Sunggyu left a rather confused Sungyeol.

*FLASHBACK ENDS

After the talk with SunggyuSungyeol realized that the elder was right. Maybe he never loved Woohyun. He was more hurt that he did not believe him than cheated on him. Probably he mistook a overly friendship to be love.

After taking a cool shower he opened the door to find Myungsoo in front of the door. Since it was slippery and seeing Myungsoo too close Sungyeol slipped and fell on Myungsoo.

That is when something sparked when he looked straight into the spark eyes of Myungsoo. The eyes that could immerse him deep inside them. He was staring at those dark eyes not realizing underneath him was a flustered Myungsoo. They probably would have stayed like that for hours together if Myungsoo did not respond.

Uhm… Yeol… Yeol-ah,” a blushing Myungsoo said not able to handle Sungyeol’s stare.

Instead not responding Sungyeol pushed away the fringes that covered Myungsoo’s eyes and lightly brushed his thumb against the side of his left eye. Not able to take it any longer Myungsoo closed his eyes tight which ultimately led to the break of Sungyeol’s daze. He soon realized in what position he was.

He pushed himself up from the ground and rushed to the closet to hide his heated embarrassed face. He did not know why that happened. Why he wanted to look into Myungsoo’s eyes forever? What was he doing then? He put up his pajamas and turned around to find Myungsoo yet so close to him.

“What is it Myungsoo?” tried his level best to hide away the nervousness to the other.

“Why did you come to the presentation?”

“Didn’t you want me to come? Was it not an important day for us? Are you sad that I came?”

“No. No. I’m happy that you came. You have no idea how happy I am. But I’m worried about you, Sungyeol. I don’t want you to be hurt” he turned away from Sungyeol so that he could not see the now visible tears.

“Myungsoo-yah, I’m not devastated anymore. Yeah, I’m still hurt at what happened but I’m alright.”

“Really? You are okay with all that happened?” questioned a quite amused Myungsoo.

“No. I’m not okay with how I had to find out about their relationship. If you ask am I over it? No. I’m not over it. But still I’ve accepted the truth. Yes, I can’t forget what happened but I will try to live with it. And probably someone was right, maybe I never loved him and the one I love has yet to come to my life” said a smiling Sungyeol.

What? Yet to come? You would never notice me. But I love you with all my heart and soul. “I’m happy that you are alright Sungyeol I should go take a bath. Sleep tight” by saying that Myungsoo left to the bathroom.

I know Myungsoo-ah. You are worried about me. But believe me I’m not going to let you suffer and worry over me. Sungyeol went under the covers to have a good night’s sleep after all the mess that happened that day.

Just when he closed his eyes ark eyes stared back at him. Those, not so big eyes with its dark aura captivates Sungyeol. He feels the need to look into it longer, yet he is sure he may drown into it which he seemed to desperately want. Just when he focuses on who the eyes belongs to he sees Myungsoo staring back at him.

Oh my god! That was Myungsoo. And why does has this urge to look at him. What happened exactly? Why is Myungsoo in front of him? Just then he hears the sound of the door and realizes the other is out now. so he again closes his eyes and tries to control his racing breath. Unknowing to him he has fallen into those eyes and sleep took over him.

+++++++++++++

The next day they slept long because they were tired. The things that happened were a lot of thing to handle for them to go along with. It was around 11 am that Sungjong came knocking on their door.

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Aish. Who the hell?” since he was a light sleeper he got p to open the door to find Sungjong.

“Hyung!! Were you asleep till now?” he turned towards Myungsoo’s bed to find Myungsoo sleeping.

Rubbing his eyes off of sleep Sungyeol yelled, “Until now you broke the door.”

Sungjong showed an apologetic glee, “sorry” and turned towards Myungsoo.

“Yah!! Myungie hyung!! Sleepy head. Get up. Its time” shook Myungsoo to make him get up.

But the dead sleeper Myungsoo did not budge. “Time? Time for what?” asked a now half sleepy Sungyeol.

“Ah.. that…. We are going on a date” said Sungjong as a matter of factly, now trying to pull away the covers off of Myungsoo.

“A date? You guys are going on a date?” asked a bewildered and extremely shocked Sungyeol.

“Hmmm. Did he not tell you?”said a overly diva Sungjong now under the covers of Myungsoo tickling him.

A blank Sungyeol stood there watching Sungjong tickling his best friend Myungsoo. A date?!! He never told him about a date? Were they both dating? It cannot happen, can it? Well, they are both handsome and Sungjong attracts many guys because of his girl-envied features. But Myungsoo?!! He… he is handsome. All the girls were over him anywhere he goes. His dark eyes…

“Yah!! What are you doing? Move away from there.” Sungyeol pushed away Sungjong who was now blowing on Myungsoo’s face. He was so close to kissing him.

Sungjong fell on the floor, “hyung!! Why did you push me? Ah.. it hurts” now rubbing his which hit the floor hard.

“What were you doing to him, you idiot?” spat Sungyeol.

“I was just trying to wake him up. What’s wrong with you?” yelled back the hurt Sungjong.

Uhmm.. Well I can do that for you.” He went closer to the sleeping Myungsoo, “Yah!! Get up” pushing him a bit too hard.

“Yah if you don’t I’m going to kiss ya” now getting closer to Myungsoo’s face.

Just when he was so close he saw the luscious lips of Myungsoo that was so cherry red even in the morning, which felt so inviting. Too focused on his lips he did not realize the other was now awake and staring at him.

His focus was distracted by the still whimpering Sungjong from the pain. He looked up to see the same dark eyes he thought of all night was staring back at him. He soon realized the position they were in and got up flustered.

On the other side was the Myungsoo who on hearing what Sungyeol said opened his eyes to find his crush staring right at his lips. To say he was more shocked than flustered at the situation.

Uhmm.. Sung…” now a blushing Sungyeol tried to reason out his behavior.

“Hyung!! Look at Yeol hyung, he pushed me down. He is so mean” Sungjong sowed puppy eyes toward Myungsoo.

“Sungjong-ah, what are you doing here?” asked Myungsoo after checking the time on the clock and saw Sungjong on the floor.

“Don’t you remember hyung? You promised you’ll take me out today. How can you forget?” asked Sungjong.

Remembering that he had promised the other that he’ll take him to the new clothes shop, “ah, no, I didn’t forget I just over slept. I was tired Sungjong.”

Its okay hyung. But now go get a shower. I have to meet Byunghun and I’ll meet you at the gate” a still whimpering Sungjong got up from the floor and glared Sungyeol “you are so mean hyung” and went out the door leaving them alone.

Sungyeol rushed to the bathroom once Sungjong left them. He was angry that Myungsoo was going on a date with Sungjong and he did not feel like telling him, even out of courtesy.

He didn’t know why he was so angry that even the cold shower was flowing down hot. He did not want his Myungsoo to go out with anybody else. And why is he feeling like that? He could not put the pieces together. Was that the reason or what he took a long time to shower, until he heard Myungsoo?

“Yeol-ah? How long are you gonna be there? I’ve have to pee.”

“I’ll be out in a minute.”

All the while when he dressed he did not know what to do? He was getting more and more angry on the fact that they both are going alone. He waited for Myungsoo to go out to cafeteria as he always does.

Myungsoo came out and got dressed in so much speed that Sungyeol had never seen so diligent. After getting ready he looked at Sungyeol, “not eating? Why are you still here?”

“I’m waiting for you idiot. Don’t we usually go out together?” sort of yelled Sungyeol.

“Cool man. Uhmm… I’m late Yeol-ah. So you go ahead to eat. I’ll eat something on the way” walked Myungsoo towards the door.

“Oh! So you have a great date that you don’t even wanna at with me?” yelled Sungyeol.

A shocked Myungsoo at both what he said and his yelling turned to face Sungyeol, “Date?”

“Yeah. You must love Sungjong so much that you don’t wanna waste a few minutes of eating. You probably have planned to dine together with him” yelled Sungyeol in the face of Myungsoo coming closer to the other.

“A date? With Sungjong? You seriously should be out of your mind” spat back Myungsoo.

Its not me. Its you. You have lost your mind for Sungjong.”

“Sungyeol, I’m not going on a date with him. I’m going out to accompany him to buy clothes.”

“That’s what is called as date. Go. I don’t mind. Go have a sweet date with your loving diva.” Sungyeol raced through the door not even waiting for any reply from Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was so bewildered with what just happened. Why was Sungyeol yelling at him? Was he sad that he was dating when he just broke up? But he was not dating Sungjong. He cant date somebody else when he loves Sungyeol. With all those thoughts engulfing him he saw that Sungyeol has left his wallet. How was he going to eat without it?

He rushed to the cafeteria with the wallet but he could not find sungyeol in the almost empty place. He huffed and called him on the phone. With the whole ring going out Sungyeol did not pick up the call. He tried again but had no response. He went up to look for him in the room but he was not there.

Just when he was about to go look for him he heard Sungjong yelling, “hyung, you are late. Let go.”

“Sungjong-ah Sungyeol left his wallet. I should give it to him. Hyung, don’t worry about him. He is probably going to roam about here. Lets give it to someone. They would give it to him” said an impatient Sungjong.

Sungjong got the wallet from Myungsoo, “Chanhee-ah, please give this to Sungyeol hyung for me”

“Yeah, okay” said the other.

“Oh so.. that’s done. Hyung come on, lets go” Sungjong pulled Myungsoo towards the gate.

Myungsoo did not want to actually go but he can’t break his promise and he was so excited about the trip. He was worried about Sungyeol. Why was he not picking his call? Where did he go? Why did he yell at him? Will he be alright?

Eventually they came out and hired a taxi. Then they left to the place they had planned on.

+++++++++++++

Sungyeol who went out on a rage at Myungsoo did not feel like eating. He went directly to the pond to cool his temper but instead he saw Woohyun already waiting for you. Now with his temper he did not want to see Woohyun. Not just now but ever.

“Sungyeol” called out Woohyun who saw Sungyeol turning away to go back. But Sungyeol did not care and kept walking away.

Woohyun ran to him and pulled his arm. “Don’t. don’t touch me. And I’m not in the mood to talk to you. Well, I think I’ll never want to talk to you” said the already angry Sungyeol.

“I’m sorry Sungyeol. I know I’ve hurt you but please will you listen to me?” begged Woohyun still not letting go of Sungyeol’s hand.

“Yea. You are right. You’ve hurt me very bad. I can’t forget or forgive you for that. So will you please let go of my hand.”

Woohyun held on to his hand more tightly, “I won’t until you’ll say you would listen to me.”

“Hey, do you think after what you did I will be able to talk to you? I’m still wondering how calm I could stay now?”

“That’s because you were not in love with me” letting go off Sungyeol’s hand.

“Shut the hell up. You have no right to say that. You may not have loved me. But I did. Very badly that it hurts me to even look at you,” yelled Sungyeol at Woohyun’s face.

“Yeah you did. But it was a little more than love for a friend that made you believe you really were in love with me.”

“What are you getting at?”

“That… you never really loved me as you love Myungsoo” Sungyeol was so shocked to hear something like that.

what?” whispered Sungyeol.

“You heard me right. Maybe you’ve not realized it yet clearly but yes, you love him,” seeing that Sungyeol stayed silent Woohyun continued. “We were best friends Sungyeol. The kind of friends, who did not have anything to do with others. We did what we liked. We did want was easy for us. And us being in a relationship was also part of getting together with a close friend.”

Sungyeol kept listening because Woohyun was right; they did what they liked not bothering about others.

“Even I thought what we had was love until I met someone I came to love. Someone who made me realize what true love was. The kind of love that we never had.”

“Sungyeol I’m sorry that is should have told you about Sunggyu already but I was afraid I would hurt you.”

Sungyeol looked at Woohyun who was guilt ridden and can see that he was really sorry for what happened.

“I can’t say is okay Woohyun. I can’t forget what happened. But still I forgive you. And don’t expect me to be friends with you again. That I really can’t” said Sungyeol.

“I know. I did not expect much when I came here. I’m sorry. But I wish you’ll fall in love and realize why I did that to you. Goodbye, Sungyeol” with that Woohyun left Sungyeol alone near the pond.

So, now Sungyeol can finally say that Woohyun and he are over. That’s an end for their relationship. He thought if probably Woohyun has confessed it earlier he may have understood him but now it was all over. He will let him go. He was probably never his in the first place.

All that seemed to be right but one thing was haunting him. You never really loved me as you love Myungsoo. What was Woohyun trying to say? That he loved Myungsoo as a friend more than what he had with Woohyun? Was what Woohyun meant was the love of friendship? Was it so? He treated Myungsoo better than Woohyun?

Or was he really in love with Myungsoo? Was he in love with his best friend? These thoughts lead him to those times when he saw Myungsoo’s dark eyes. Those eyes that he wanted to keep seeing. Those lips that he wanted to taste. What he felt when he was going on a date with Sungjong? Was he jealous? Why does he fell like crying knowing Myungsoo was on a date with his cousin?

So, he is in love with Myungsoo. He wants Myungsoo always by his side because he was not just a comfortable friend but he wanted him to be always near him. That was what his heart said. Since Myungsoo was never with any guys before he did not feel it. But now when he knows they are dating he feels jealous? He loves Myungsoo.

But he is dating Sungjong. And he can’t go tell he loves him after what happened the previous day. He would think that since he has no boyfriend now, he wants to go for his best friend. He will think that Sungyeol went to him as a replacement for Woohyun. What if he gets rejected after confessing? He doesn’t want Myungsoo to hate him. Besides he has a boyfriend now. he will bury his love for him inside.

+++++++++++++

All day they shopped, went out for lunch and had a great time. But in all this he was able to think only about Sungyeol and his behavior. Since it was a Sunday they had their dinner came only by 8 pm. After waving bye to SungjongMyungsoo moved to his room both nervous and worried. But when he entered he saw Sungyeol already in bed.

“Sungyeol-ah?! Are you awake?” But the other did not answer and Myungsoo knew something was wrong because if Sungyeol had slept he would have woken up to the door’s sound.

“Sungyeol-ah. I know you are awake. Talk to me.”

Sungyeol realized he can’t get caught, “nothing Myungsoo I’m just tired. Can we talk tomorrow?”

“Okay. Ummm.. Good night” Myungsoo went to freshen up not knowing what’s in Sungyeol’s mind.

+++++++++++++

That was probably the last day after which Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s relationship got worse. Sungyeol started avoiding Myungsoo. He was the same with others but with Myungsoo around he would act strange. Though they still did what they actually do but all was awkward.

Sungyeol still waited for Myungsoo to go have breakfast together but he would not talk as he always did. They still hangout in their rooms and watch movies but Sungyeol always makes a space between them. They still go out together but the talk they have is very minimal.

Myungsoo did not know why Sungyeol was distancing himself from him. He was worried about the other. Every time he would ask what the problem was he would say he was alright and leave the other. He was worried that Sungyeol was still hurt with what happened to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol couldn’t talk to Myungsoo as before because he was afraid he would tell the other that he loves him and he will be rejected. Sungyeol still believes that Myungsoo was dating SungjongSungyeol was afraid that if he gets close to Myungsoo then he may do something that’ll leave things awkward, not realizing they were actually awkward now.

But something happened that day, after 3 months.

It was a club trip where members of the drama club went camping. Since it was a 3 day camping all were excited to get some free time out of college. They prepared all sorts of things for their stay as 34 of them were going. They had to be safe as they were literally in the jungle. They reached there early by 4 pm. They were divided into teams to gather the firewood; to set up the tent; to cook and to prepare the various activities they would be doing.

Sungyeol was in charge of setting up the tent. Myungsoo along with 4 others was responsible for firewood. Sungjong was responsible for the activities. Their camping started.

Sungjong was now with few others trying out strategies and themes where they can still practice their acting with fun. Sungyeol was setting up tents with others and few others were preparing food.

Once the campfire was set and all had their dinner, they had some activities to play out. They acted out few scenes and after that they sat together near the fireplace to play truth or dare.

It was at that time Sungyeol realized he could not have even thought that such a dare would be put forth. When it was Sungyeol’s turn he chose dare. The guy opposite to him said that he should kiss the person on his left. That was when he realized Myungsoo was on his left.

Sungyeol did not know what to do? Should he say he can’t? But if he does then the guys would get suspicious and make things worse. But how can he kiss him? Even though if it meant only on his cheek, he will not be able to do that.

While he was thinking too much about it, all the guys started shouting “bobo, bobo, bobo,” Sungyeol was very tensed on hearing that. They were suddenly pulled to the middle to kiss.

They were both standing in the middle flustered and wondering why such kind of a game even exists. Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo and see he was troubled. So he said, “it’s a small peck on the cheek. Its okay. Don’t worry.”

Myungsoo shook his head saying he was okay with it and showed his cheek. Sungyeol gulped at the scene with the bgm of ‘bobo, bobo, bobo’.

Just when he was about to kiss, somebody turned Myungsoo’s face towards Sungyeol and their lips touched. Once they realized their lips met they looked into each other’s eyes and was stunned. Sungyeol couldn’t take that stare of the dark eyes. He kissed him fully on his mouth. He started his lips wanting more and more. He bites Myungsoo’s lower lip to get a reaction.

Myungsoo was afraid when they were asked to kiss. But since Sungyeol went along with it he had some courage. But when Sungyeol’s lips touched his he realized he wanted more but was afraid what Sungyeol would do. He was surprised when Sungyeol started kissing him. He his lips and also bites him. He gasped at the pain.

Just when Myungsoo opened his mouth he inserted his tongue inside his mouth tasting his entire cavern. All of a sudden he felt Myungsoo responding to him. He was kissing him back. That was when Sungyeol realized what he was doing. He was kissing Myungsoo; his best friend; someone else’s boyfriend.

He broke the kiss soon and looked at Sungjong who was looking at them bewildered. He was guilty and made an apologetic gaze and went back to his tent.

Myungsoo was so shocked at what happened. They kissed. Sungyeol kissed him. Though he was full of butterflies in his stomach he was afraid of Sungyeol’s next move. He glanced around to see the guys were looking at him. He saw Sungjong was looking at him stunned.

He smiled apologetically and went back to his seat. What was going to happen now? Did Sungyeol just kiss him? It was like re really wanted that kiss. It was not a façade. He was able to feel that in the kiss. He was happy that they kissed but what was the future now? Myungsoo was so confused.

+++++++++++++

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were too awkward with each other if that was possible. The first night after the kiss when Myungsoo returned to their tent they both never spoke even a word. They just did their own things and went to sleep. The topic was never brought up until the next day evening when they were getting ready for the drama.

Since they had activities to do they were so immersed in it. In one such was Myungsoo being the female lead and Minhwan, their classmate be the male lead. They were acting out the scene where they were on a date and the male lead should kiss the female.

Sungyeol was watching the whole scene and he was getting restless at how close the both seemed to be. It bothered Sungyeol so much that when Minhwan was about to kiss Myungsoo he grabbed him and punched him on the face.

Minhwan who was shocked at the punch looked at the angry Sungyeol looking at him with a killer gaze. He did not know what he did wrong to get a heavy punch.

“Sungyeol” yelled Myungsoo who saw what happened.

“Yah!!! What’s wrong with you? Why did you hit? Are you out of your mind?” asked a whimpering Minhwan.

“You!!” Sungyeol didn’t know why he became so angry. He knew they were just acting but still he couldn’t see someone else kissing Woohyun. “I’m sorry” with that saying Sungyeol walked towards the woods.

A stunned Myungsoo turned towards Minhwan, “I’m sorry Minhwan-ah. I’m really sorry for what he did.”

Myungsoo followed Sungyeol to the woods.

“Sungyeol!! wait!! Sungyeol!!” yelled Myungsoo and ran after him.

+++++++++++++

They were somewhere in the middle of the forest now that they have been walking for more than 20 minutes. Myungsoo tried stopping Sungyeol but he never did leaving him no option but follow him. They probably had no idea where they were now and it was so dark and scary.

They heard a roar which sure to be was of some wild animal. Myungsoo was scared to go any further. “Sungyeol stop. I think we should not go any further. Its dangerous.” But Sungyeol kept walking.

“Sungyeol please stop.” He tried pulling his arm but Sungyeol was faster. And in that they did not notice the cliff and “Sungyeol!!!” Myungsoo tumbled down.

“Myungsoo!!!” yelled Sungyeol from over the cliff. But there was no reply. Getting scared something would have happened Sungyeol with no second thought jumped but he landed so fast. “Myungsoo!! Where are you?”

“I’m here” came a very feeble voice from close by. Sungyeol soon spotted a Myungsoo who was whimpering from the pain. “I think I broke my ankle.”

“You scared the hell out of me Myungsoo” breathed out Sungyeol, “can’t you be more careful where you go?”

“You idiot, how can I see in this dark. That’s why I asked you to stop” yelled back Myungsoo.

“Ah… God… you are so dense” Sungyeol kneeled near Myungsoo checking his ankle. “Does it hurt?”

“Yah!! Have you gone crazy? Of course it hurts” spank Sungyeol on the shoulder.

“Arasoo. Don’t hit me. We should get away from here. Its not safe.”

“Oh you realized its not safe now? Thank God you did” teased Myungsoo.

“Let me find a way to go up” huffed Sungyeol and left him to look the height of the cliff. It was not that far but to carry Myungsoo along it seemed difficult. He walked around to find some roots or tentacles that he probably could hold on. It was dark and he could not see anything properly.

He took out his phone to call somebody for help but since they had no idea where they were there was no signal. “Yah!! See if you have signal in your phone?” asked Sungyeol.

“No. what are we gonna do?”

“I think we should have to stay here till help comes. If not we can try something out in the morning. Now its difficult to try anything out.”

Myungsoo shook his head saying he understands. Sungyeol grabbed few dried leaves and stick. He put them on the floor and moved Myungsoo so that he was comfortable. He then looked for something for his leg and found a small rock. He picked it and put it near Myungsoo’s hurt leg and then placed the leg on it. “Keep it elevated to stop swelling” and sat beside Myungsoo.

After 3 months this was the first time they were this close. It was also the first time that they talked like this. Both of them had their own memories flooding them with the kiss being the main point. Myungsoo desperately wanted to know why Sungyeol kissed him and this was the best time because the taller cannot escape from there.

“Sungyeol-ah, why did you hit Minhwan?” slowly asked Myungsoo.

Sungyeol was taken aback by the sudden question but couldn’t hide his nervousness, “no rea… reason.”

“You punched him just like that? You want me to believe that? Tell me, what’s wrong Sungyeol?”

“There is nothing wrong. Can you just leave me alone?” yelled a frustrated Sungyeol.

“No. I can’t leave you alone. You should talk to me Sungyeol. We have not had a decent talk for months. How can I let this go? How can I let this go when you kissed me?”

Sungyeol was flustered at the mention of the kiss. “You kissed me back, remember?” asked Sungyeol.

“Yes, I did because you kissed me first. Tell me, why did you kiss me? Why did you punch Minhwan now?”

“I don’t have the need to tell you.”

“You have no need to tell me? Oh, yes, the hell you have the need to tell me. You stopped talking to me from that day when Sungjong and I went out. Are you angry for that?”

“No. please don’t ask me anything.”

“How do you expect me to keep quiet Sungyeol when I know you are not the Sungyeol that I know of? You never talk to me. You are always in your own world. We don’t play around. You’ve distanced yourself away from me. Don’t you know how I feel? I’m hurt Sungyeol. Because I know it was something I did. But what I don’t know. And you won’t talk to me for me to know” cried Myungsoo with the tears bursting out.

“Sungyeol, you have no idea how hurt I am. I am dying inside. If I’ve done anything wrong I’m sorry…. I’m sorry Sungyeol. But please don’t ignore me,” now the cries becoming so loud.

Sungyeol could not see a devastated Myungsoo. He suddenly hugged Myungsoo, “I’m sorry Myungsoo. I’ve hurt you by my childlike behavior. Its not you I’m mad at but myself. For being so not trustworthy of a friend.”

Its okay. But don’t avoid me anymore.”

“No, hereafter I would not avoid you.”

They stayed like that hugging each other for a few minutes. But still Myungsoo wanted answers for the questions. So he asked again, “why did you hit Minhwan?”

Sungyeol knew he cannot hide from the truth anymore. But he can twist the answer, right? “I was angry he was about to kiss you.”

Hearing that, Myungsoo’s heart started thumping hard. “You were in front of your boyfriend and how can he do that? How would he have felt? So, I guess I got a bit emotional.”

“Boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend, Sungyeol” said a bewildered Myungsoo from Sungyeol’s weird confession.

“Oh, some on Myungsoo I know you and Sungjong are dating. Don’t try to hide from me.”

“What? Sungjong? From where did you get the idea that we are dating?” asked a confused Myungsoo.

“Sungjong on that day said you were going to the clothe store on a date.”

that… yea he was on a date… but with Byunghun. I was tagging along with them since I promised I would choose an outfit for him” said Myungsoo now in the process of realizing something. It was from that day Sungyeol stopped talking to him. Was he jealous that they were dating? What does that even mean?

Sungyeol on hearing that was ashamed on his mistake. But still he cant accept that he loves him. 

“Sungyeol, why did you kiss me? Please tell me why you kissed me” sort of begged Myungsoo.

Sungyeol felt the intensity, “because they asked us. It was a dare Myungsoo.”

“No. if it was just a dare you would not have kissed me like that. I.. I.. I felt something then Sungyeol.. you…”

“Don’t you get it I said it was just a dare” yelled Sungyeol and got up from that place.

“No. it was more than that. I know. Sungyeol” now a crying Myungsoo said.

“Believe me. It was only a dare and nothing more.”

The more Sungyeol denied it, the more Myungsoo wanted to know the truth. “No. I felt.. ah…” yelled Myungsoo from the pain caused in his broken ankle when he tried to go to Sungyeol.

“What happened? Can’t you stay still? You are hurt” Sungyeol kneeled down near Myungsoo’s ankle and examined his leg.

Myungsoo took hold of the chance and held onto the shirt of Sungyeol near his collar. “No Sungyeol. Answer me first. I felt the need in your kiss. Why did you kiss me? Please tell the truth” cried Myungsoo holding onto Sungyeol’s shirt.

“Yeah, you are right. I wanted to taste you. I desperately wanted that kiss.”

Myungsoo stared at his eyes searching for something that he wanted. He probably wanted to see if the taller was telling the truth. And maybe he wanted to hear more from the other. He searched his eyes for answers.

Staring back at the dark eyes that he loved, Sungyeol could no longer hide the fact that he was so in love with the other. He lifted his palms and cupped Myungsoo’s face. He traced the left side of Myungsoo and looked straight into his eyes, “I love you, Myungsoo. Like very badly. I don’t know how long. Maybe from the time we first met. But I didn’t just realize it. I can’t see you with anyone else. That was the reason I stayed away from you. That was the reason I hit Minhwan. That was the reason I kissed you. I still want to. I’m not able to resist that lips of yours..”

“Then don’t resist. Kiss me. Kiss me Sungyeol” said a flattered Myungsoo who has finally heard those three words that he always wanted to hear. He was more than happy. He was on cloud nine. Probably, much beyond that. 

A bewildered Sungyeol looked into the eyes of Myungsoo searching if the other was sincere and all he could see was the same love that he had for the other shouting back at him. Without a seconds hesitation he kissed Myungsoo.

Sungyeol  the lips of Myungsoo which tasted sweeter than a ice cream. He bit his lower lip for him to open his mouth. Just when the other did he inserted his tongue to taste the crn that was addicted to after just one kiss. “I love you” said Sungyeol through the kiss.

Myungsoo was more than happy with the confession that melted him right away. He finally got Sungyeol for himself. “I love you too. More than you can imagine” cried Myungsoo through the kiss.

This was their day. They finally realized what they meant to each other. After all the misunderstandings and jealousy they finally got together. They finally became one after all these days of suffering and hurt. Woohyun and his betrayal were long forgotten. Maybe all happened for the best. The best was that to be together. Sungyeol thought ‘Is this how love is?’


A.N: I know there was a lot of it into it. But I just wanted to emphasize the relationship of myungyeol well. That’s the reason it is so long and overly stretching. Sorry that it seems bad but I tried my best to make it good. I hope I matched to your taste and wish you like it. Sorry if there are any errors *__