For snippet

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For: snippet

Pairing: MyungJong

Prompt: “Falling in love with a movie star wasn't part of the plan.” Soulmate AU

Title: Stay with Me



 


 


 

STAY WITH ME


 


 


 

Everyone! Quiet on set!

Rolling camera…

And ACTION!


 


 

SCENE 1:


 

FADE IN

MUSIC: “Stay” (MBLAQ)


 

Pan over Seoul, through the streets, scans past soulmates and their tattoos.


 


 

SUNGJONG

(Voice over)

You never know when someone who’s going to love you and when you’re going to meet the one. Everyone wants to meet his or her soulmate. Everyone has a different tattoo somewhere on his or her body. Maybe it’s the first words that your soulmate says to you, or the exact time that you will first see your soulmate. The worst tattoo to have is the last words that your soulmate will say to you. Mine says the first words that my soulmate will ever say to me.


 

MUSIC FADE OUT


 

Camera pan across SUNGJONG’s tattoo.


 

MYUNGSOO

(Voice over)

Stay with me.


 


 


 

Lee Sungjong was a new actor, only having a few small roles in small productions before, but he still had a lot of dreams for his career and his soulmate. That day, Sungjong was auditioning for a new drama with an actor that he admired a lot, Kim Myungsoo.

He stepped up to the front desk and smiled at the pretty secretary behind the desk. “I’m Lee Sungjong, I’m here for the audition for Stay with Me,” he said.

Go down the hall and it’s the third door on your left,” she said, friendly.

Thank you,” Sungjong said with a smile before heading down the hallway. Knocking at the door that the secretary pointed him to, he entered as someone called him in. In the room, there was a group of three directors and Sungjong nearly gasped as he saw Kim Myungsoo standing in the corner of the room, playing something on his phone.

Please introduce yourself,” the director sitting in the middle of table said.

I’m Lee Sungjong,” he said. “I haven’t had many main parts in dramas, but think that we are just as good as other actors.”

We will judge you as fairly as any seasoned actor,” the director said with a kind smile.

Thank you so much,” Sungjong said, bowing again.

So, have you looked at the script?” the second director, a female, asked.

Yes, I’ve read the whole script and I hope that I will be able to get the part.”

Okay, then, we have Myungsoo-ssi, who’s going to be the main character here with us today who’s going to talk this script with you.”

Sungjong nodded as Myungsoo came out of the corner with the script in his hands. Myungsoo offered him a quick bow in greeting, which Sungjong returned, his heart pounding in his chest.

If you could start reading from scene 20 where Myungsoo will be asking Sungjong to stay with him,” the first director said, finishing organizing his papers. “Okay, you can start whenever you want to.”

Sungjong nodded and checked the script where they were going to start.

Please stay with me.

Subconsciously, Sungjong covered his right forearm, where his soulmate tattoo was, reading the same words as the ones in the script.

Why did the same words that his soulmate was supposed to say to him have to be the line that Myungsoo says in the script?

Suddenly Sungjong realized that Myungsoo still hadn’t said anything and started panicking, realizing the moment that he could find out that if his soulmate was standing in front of him. Suddenly, he blurted out, “Are you ready, Myungsoo?” just to tempt fate once more.

Instead of replying verbally, Myungsoo just smiled and nodded, gesturing for Sungjong to start his line first.

I… I…” Sungjong stammered. Coughing once, Sungjong tried again. “I… I’m just going to leave now. There’s nothing that you can do to stop me.”

As the script directed, Myungsoo leaned in a wrapped his fingers around Sungjong’s wrist to bring him closer. Sungjong froze wide-eyed as Myungsoo came closer and closer to him, until his nose was a few inches away from Sungjong’s. Please let this not be it. Please don’t let him say this to me…

Please stay with me.”

I… I… I forgot my line!”

Myungsoo smiled kindly and showed him the script, pointing at the next line, but Sungjong didn’t look at his lines, but at the tattoo at the bottom of Myungsoo’s wrist. Grabbing his wrist, Sungjong looked carefully at Myungsoo’s tattoo.

June 9, 2015

Sungjong smiled and held out his own arm to show Myungsoo his tattoo. Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he realized that it was the same words that he had said to Sungjong.

What is it?” the director asked, breaking the moment between the two soulmates.

Myungsoo smiled. “I think that we’re soulmates,” he said, not taking his eyes from Sungjong.

Sungjong smiled shyly, nodding slowly. “Yeah, soulmates…”


 


 

Okaaaaaay! Cut! That was great.

Let’s move onto the next scene.


 

It was a few months later. Sungjong and Myungsoo both landed parts in Stay with Me. The two of them started to get into a regular schedule of wake up, film, have lunch together, film some more, have dinner together, go out on an evening date and then fall asleep together at one of their houses.

Sungjong was alone one day when his new tattoo appeared. At puberty, everyone gets their first soulmate tattoo, identifying the day that they’ll meet their soulmate or the first words that their soulmate will say to them. After soulmates meet, a new tattoo appears on their body, giving them the day that they will break up or the last words they will hear from their soul mates.

It terrified Sungjong to feel the pain from the new tattoo sink into his skin. Sungjong screamed in pain as fire seared against his wrist. Finally, the pain left him, panting and silently crying on his bed. Shakily, Sungjong looked down at his wrist at the new tattoo, like the one that Myungsoo had, counting down to the moment that he would meet Sungjong.

Sungjong sat up in surprise as he realized what day it was.

December 15, 2015

Panicking, Sungjong jumped up and looked at the calendar. December was only a month away, this couldn’t be right, Sungjong just met Myungsoo. If they were soulmates, it was supposed to last longer than this.

This can’t be right,” Sungjong whispered to himself, falling down on the bed. “This can’t be right…”

Myungsoo suddenly came bursting into his room, looking super happy. “Hey, Jjongie, look at this,” he said, waving his wrist in Sungjong’s face.

Pushing away his dark thoughts, Sungjong caught Myungsoo’s wrist and stopped its movements to read the new tattoo on his skin.

I love you,” Sungjong said with a small smile. “Wow, maybe this is when we break up. I love you.”

Myungsoo attacked him with a pillow. “Jjongie, stop that.”

I love you. I love you. I love you!” Sungjong yelled as he jumped up from the bed, running out of the room, Myungsoo hot on his heels. “I love you, Kim Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo grabbed Sungjong around his waist and pulled him onto the couch, holding him close as Sungjong tried to wiggle away. “I’m not going to hear those words from you until we’re both old and it’s time for us to spend the rest of our lives together.”


 

Scene 4:


 

A month later, SUNGJONG is sitting alone in the changing room after their shooting.

SOMEONE knocks on the door.

 

SUNGJONG

Yes? Come in.


 

Enter female business lady.


 

CHORYONG

Hello, Sungjong-ssi. I’m an agent with a company based in Toronto and I would like to offer you a part in an upcoming film of ours.


 

SUNGJONG

(Stunned)

Excuse me?


 

CHORYONG

My friends are filming a movie in Toronto. It’ll be a yearlong job, I can send you a script for the movie if you would like.


 

SUNGJONG nods slowly and smiles.


 

SUNGJONG

Yes, please.


 


 

Sungjong and Choryong kept in touch over the next few months. Sungjong met with the other directors via video calls and liked the film. Through those months, Sungjong didn’t say anything to Myungsoo, never mentioning that he would move to Canada after the filming of Stay with Me was done. Choryong called him one day and confirmed that he had the part if he was interested and without hesitation, Sungjong answered yes.

Only after he hung up, he realized what that would mean for his and Myungsoo’s relationship. Myungsoo already had his next role for a drama lined up and Sungjong needed this role because this would be what took his career to the next level.

Each time that Sungjong brought up enough courage to tell Myungsoo, something would happen that made Sungjong realize that Myungsoo was deeply in love with him and if he was to leave Myungsoo, he would just break his heart.

What’s wrong, Jjongie?” Myungsoo asked one of those times.

It’s nothing,” Sungjong said, hugging the white teddy bear that Myungsoo had just given him.

Myungsoo smiled and wrapped a scarf around Sungjong’s neck to keep the cold autumn breeze out. “You can always talk to me,” he said, giving him a warm smile.

Sungjong barely managed to return the smile. “I know, thank you,” he said. And for another week, Sungjong didn’t say anything.

He didn’t want to say anything about his move, but finally, the last week of filming for Stay with Me was coming up and Sungjong knew that he had to tell Myungsoo. Sungjong came up to the door and closed his eyes tightly, taking in a deep breath. Myungsoo answered the door right away and smiled as he saw Sungjong there. “Hey, Jjongie, come in,” he said happily. “What’s up?”

Ummm, I need to talk to you for a second.”

About what?” Myungsoo asked, concern washing over his face as he sat down on the couch, patting the seat beside him.

Sungjong sat down beside him, not wanting to look him in the eye. “Myungsoo, I got a role.”

Really? That’s great!” Myungsoo said happily, reaching forward to take Sungjong’s hand, but Sungjong drew away.

It’s in Canada,” Sungjong said.

Myungsoo blinked, but then smiled. “Well, that’s great,” Myungsoo said. “How long is the role?”

It’s for a year,” Sungjong said quietly.

Whoa.”

Yeah,” Sungjong said, looking down. “I’m going to move.”

What do you mean?” Myungsoo asked, a hurt look coming across his face.

I’m going to move,” he said firmly.

You’re not going to fly back and forth?” Myungsoo stammered, waving his hand in the air as if to demonstrate the point.

I’m not.”

Wow… a year, that’s a long time…” Myungsoo said quietly. “So… that means for us-”

I’m going to break up with you,” Sungjong interrupted.

What?” Myungsoo jumped up. “Break up?”

Sungjong nodded slowly.

But… but… we are… we’re soulmates!” Myungsoo yelled desperately. “There’s no breaking up in soulmates!”

Sungjong looked down, feeling tears burning in his eyes. “I know,” he said. “But this role is going to be great for me!”

Yeah, but what if you decide to stay in Canada?” Myungsoo asked, tears running down his face. “After your movie, you could get another offer and maybe that one will be in England and Italy or something! If that happens, will you ever come back to me?”

We’re soulmates,” Sungjong said, jumping up to take Myungsoo’s hands again. “We're going to meet again.”

It’s a big world, Jjongie!” Myungsoo said, tears pooling down his face. “What if we don’t meet again?”

Then we won’t.”

The blunt statement didn’t mean to come out and Sungjong winced once he realized what he said, but the damage was already done.

Then we won’t?” he asked, hurt evident in his voice. “But Jjongie, we were meant to be! We’re soulmates!”

Stop playing the soulmate card!” Sungjong yelled back. “Maybe we aren’t! These stupid damn tattoos aren’t the real thing! Maybe there’s someone out there for you with the same stupid words on their forehead, maybe it’s not me for you.”

It’s a big world! Of course it’s you! Why wouldn’t it be you?” Myungsoo yelled. “Why can’t you see that?”

Sungjong bit his lip, trying to calm himself down a little bit. “Myungsoo. I’m sorry.”

All the fight left his body as Myungsoo stared at him frozen when Sungjong gently placed a kiss on Myungsoo’s lips before pulling back.

I’m sorry, Myungsoo,” Sungjong whispered. “Goodbye.”


 

This is the first take for scene 6, take one.

And ACTION!


 

SCENE 6:


 

Camera zooms in from ceiling of airport into busy crowd. SUNGJONG stands in the middle of the crowd, looking down at his soulmate tattoo. Close up on his tattoo and his ticket, which shows the same day: December 15, 2015.


 

SUNGJONG

(Voice over)

Falling in love with Kim Myungsoo wasn’t the plan, but fate laughs at the word plans. You never know when you’re going to meet your soulmate. Maybe it’s at the wrong time, but because it’s fate. It’s not the wrong time…


 

Female voice

(Over intercom)

All passengers on route to Vancouver please head to through security.


 

SUNGJONG sighs and picks up his bags.


 

MYUNGSOO

(From far away)

Sungjong! Lee Sungjong! Wait!


 


 

Sungjong turned around and nearly fell over as Myungsoo tackled him in a hug. “I’m so glad that I didn’t miss you,” Myungsoo said. “Sungjong, please stay with me. Don’t go. Please stay here.”

Sungjong gently pushed Myungsoo away. “Myungsoo, I can’t stay here… I’m sorry.”

Please, Sungjong, don’t leave me,” Myungsoo begged. “Jjongie, stay here with me.”

Sungjong’s eyes were filled with tears, but he drew away, stepping towards the gates. “We’re going to meet again. I promise.”

Myungsoo collapsed onto his knees and started sobbing. “Jjongie stay with me.”

Sungjong was crying too. “I’m sorry, Myungsoo. I really am. I really am.”

Jjongie, please stay.”

I can’t,” Sungjong said. “I’m so sorry.”

Myungsoo slowly dropped Sungjong’s hand, tears bright in his eyes. “Jjongie… if you love me, please stay with me.”

Shaking his head, Sungjong took another step back. “I’m sorry. I can’t.”

Closing his eyes, Myungsoo let out a shaking breath. “Sungjong… please stay.”

Sungjong leaned forward and kissed Myungsoo lightly on the lips. “Goodbye, Myungsoo.”

As Sungjong took another step back, he looked down at Myungsoo’s hand.

I love you,” he whispered before sprinting away.

As Sungjong ran away, pain burned across his arm, but that pain didn’t compare to the pain in his chest. It was as if his heart wanted to tear away from his chest.

If this is love, I don’t want it.

What Sungjong didn’t realize, there was a new tattoo forming across his forearm, showing him a new day when he would meet his soulmate.

December 23 2016


 


 

SCENE 8:


 

Subtitle in bottom left corner of screen “One year later…”

MYUNGSOO alone walking through the park. Soulmates walking around him, snow is falling down.


 

MYUNGSOO

(Voice over)

You never know when someone who’s going to love you and when you’re going to meet The One. Everyone has a different tattoo somewhere on his or her body. Maybe it’s the first words that your soulmate says to you, or the exact time that you will first see your soulmate. The worst tattoo to have is the last words that your soulmate will say to you. My tattoo used to be a countdown to when I would meet Sungjong, then it became the last thing I would hear from Sungjong. A new tattoo appeared telling me the words that my new soulmate will say to me.


 

Stopping at the water fountain, MYUNGSOO looks at his tattoo, looking at the new words on his wrist.


 

SUNGJONG

(Voice over)

I came back.


 

Tears fall down onto MYUNGSOO’s tattoo.


 

MYUNGSOO

(Whispered, heartbroken)

I wish that you stayed, Sungjong. I wish that you could come back to me… Sungjong…


 

The camera zooms out and SUNGJONG is standing in front of MYUNGSOO across from the water fountain.


 

MUSIC FADES AWAY


 

SUNGJONG

I came back.


 


 

The scene fades away as MYUNGSOO takes one step towards SUNGJONG.


 


 

CUT! And that’s a wrap!


 


 


 

THE END


 


 


 

I used a very different way of story telling this time and I know that this is something that is never seen around, so I hope you enjoyed this at least a bit. ^^ And if you didn’t, you can come chase me down after this is done and ask me to write this again >_< Well, have a wonderful day!