For ilamby_koalala

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For ilamby_koalala

from Secret Santa

Prompt: "Sunggyu is Woohyun's teacher in school but at home, it's quite the opposite. The strict teacher becomes a good 'husband' to the troublemaker Nam Woohyun.

Pairing: Woogyu


Teach You a Lesson

Woohyun opened the door to the classroom with a calm expression and stepped in. He heard some of his classmates gasp and the teacher turned his head to him. “Nam Woohyun. You’re late. Again.”

He shrugged and gave the older man smug grin. “Why don’t you give me detention then, Mr. Kim?”

A few more gasps resounded. Woohyun heard the students whisper with each other. “Oh my god, Woohyun-oppa is so cool! Look at him defying Mr. Kim!”

“Mr. Kim is so scary, but Woohyun doesn’t care at all!”

“He’s definitely getting detention today!”


He wanted to laugh out loud. Woohyun knew he would never get detention. The teacher glared at him with his narrowed eyes. “Just sit down. You are disrupting my class.”

“Can I sit down on your lap, cutie?” He grinned.

“He’s asking for detention!”

“Woohyun is such a badass! Talking to Mr. Kim like that!”

 

He took the blush covering the teacher’s cheeks as a win and wandered over to his seat in the back. Woohyun bathed in the looks his classmates gave him and sat down with his feet on the table. They thought he was brave and a badass delinquent, but Woohyun only dared to do this much in front of one teacher - Mr. Kim. And that had nothing to do with braveness. His classmates didn’t know the real reason, though. Mr. Kim – Sunggyu – would never give him detention, because that meant Woohyun would come home late. Why that mattered? Because they were living together. Why were they living together? Because they are married. Sunggyu was his husband, but none of his classmates knew that important fact. That was the only reason why Woohyun dared to act up in his presence. He just wanted to provoke his lover. Sunggyu seemed like a serious and scary teacher  - many students were afraid of him – but Woohyun knew that it was only an act. His husband could not hurt a fly. He was an honest and kind character. They knew each other inside and out, because they had known each other since their early childhood. So Woohyun could foretell with 100% accuracy that Sunggyu would never-

“Detention, Woohyun. I will inform Mr. Lee to reserve a seat for you.” The teacher suddenly spoke.

He almost fell off his chair. Woohyun’s mouth dropped open and he stared at his husband, who had already gone back to writing something on the board. The other students started laughing behind their hands or whispering with each other, while Woohyun still tried to get a hold of reality.

“D-Detention…”

“One time too many!”

“Maybe he learns his lesson now. Mr. Kim was so patient with him. He’s an angel.”

“Who wants to bet that Woohyun will not show up for detention?”


Like hell he would show up there! There was no way Woohyun would sit around for two and a half hours for detention, instead of going home and enjoying a relaxing evening with his Gyu. He glared at the back of Mr. Kim’s head, since he had turned back to the blackboard. “You can’t give me detention!”

Sunggyu turned around again and the students held their breaths. The teacher smiled. “What makes you think I can’t, Woohyun?”

Because you’re my husband! Woohyun narrowed his eyes at the other. He bit his lower lip. “I’m sorry for being late…”

The smile of the teacher widened. “Oh, it’s good to see that you have realized your mistake, but you’ll still have to go to detention this afternoon. If that was everything, please be quiet and let me continue with class or I will have to give you another hour of detention.”

Mr. Kim turned back to the blackboard and Woohyun stared at him with an open mouth. Some of his classmates giggled and he shot them angry looks. What’s so funny?! God damn it, Sunggyu! What are you thinking?

The rest of the class was torture for Woohyun. Sunggyu did not give him another glance during the next 30 minutes. It felt like he had become air to the older man. Woohyun tried to cheer up by telling himself that Sunggyu would take his words away after the lesson. Everything was better than admitting to himself that he might have gone too far. No, he wasn’t in the wrong! Sunggyu was.

“Okay, class. That’s it for today. Your homework will be number 4 on page 184 and please read the new text on page 190 to prepare for our next topic.” Mr. Kim said as the bell rang.

The students wasted no time standing up and packing their bags. Woohyun was the only one taking his time. He waited until the last student had left the classroom, before he stood up and walked to the front, where Sunggyu was packing his stuff.

“Sung-“

“Mr. Kim.” The other man interrupted him without looking up.

He frowned and checked the closed door behind himself. “No one is listening.”

“You never know when someone might come in. Please remember where we are, Woohyun.” Sunggyu told him. He closed his bag and tried to walk past him, but Woohyun grabbed his arm.

“Tell me you didn’t mean that.”

The teacher gave him a long look. “I meant what I said, Woohyun. Maybe detention will teach you that your behavior isn’t right. I know you think you can do this because it’s me, but I can’t let you continue walking all over me. The other students have started to disrespect me too! They think if you can do it, they can do it too! I have to punish you to set an example.”

Woohyun snorted. “Punish me!”

“Yes! And if you come in late again or disrupt my class, I will give you detention again. As many times as needed.” Sunggyu tugged his arm free and walked away.

“This isn’t over! We’ll talk at home.” Woohyun called after him and the teacher turned around with a shocked expression.

“Are you insane? Shut up, you idiot!”

Sunggyu walked out of the classroom and slammed the door closed again, making him flinch. Woohyun let out a sigh. “Just three more months. Three months, Nam Woohyun. Patience.”

Oh how much he hated being a student.




Detention was pure horror. It was so boring that Woohyun had troubles keeping awake for more than 5 minutes. Mr. Lee made it hard to fall asleep unseen, though. If he caught you napping off, he’d throw a piece of chalk right in your face – and damn that hurt. Woohyun stared at the piece of paper on his desk that was covered in doodles. He wanted to go home. Home, where his husband was. He realized what an he had been. Acting like a bad student had made him feel cool, but he never thought how Sunggyu felt about it. He thought it was fun for the teacher too.

Maybe it had been a bad idea after all, to move to Sunggyu’s school for his last high school year. Woohyun had thought it would be a good chance for them to spend more time together. He had had one year of school left, when Sunggyu started his internship at this school. Maybe it had been a wrong idea to follow him.

“Maybe I was the only one that wanted us to spend more time together like this…” Woohyun mumbled to himself, drawing a broken heart on the paper.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! Pay attention!” Something hit him in the eye and Woohyun cursed out loud.

He glared at Mr. Lee. “What’s wrong, Nam? Got something to say?”

Woohyun knew the other only wanted to provoke him. Mr. Lee would be able to send him to detention for the rest of the school year if he acted up. “…nothing.”

“Nothing what?”

“Nothing, sir.”

The teacher stepped closer to his table and smirked down at him. Woohyun clenched his fingers around the pencil in his hand. “You aren’t so brave when it’s me, huh? I’ve heard you only act up in front of Mr. Kim. Why is that I wonder? Got a little crush on him?”

Woohyun continued to silently glare at the older man. “Well, I can understand it. He’s attractive, isn’t he? Very cute. But he’s out of your league, boy.”

Instead of getting mad, he simply smiled. If only I could smear my wedding papers right in your smug face. Mr. Lee’s mouth twitched. “What are you smiling at?”

“I know for a fact you are not Mr. Kim’s type, sir. So you shouldn’t get your hopes up.” Woohyun replied calmly.

Mr. Lee grabbed his collar and pulled him up on his feet. “What did you say? Who is his type then? A brat like you?”

“Yeah.” He smiled confidently. “I’m not a brat, though. I’m already 20, Mr. Lee. Only two years younger than Mr. Kim. Perfectly legal.”

“20? Were you that dumb that they had to hold you back so many times? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.” Howon snorted.

Woohyun pushed his hands off and glared at the other. “I didn’t get held back!”

The bell rang suddenly, marking the end of detention. The other students left in a hurry, not wanting to get dragged into anything. Hoya huffed and stepped away. “You’re lucky. Get out of my sight, Nam. And keep away from Mr. Kim.”

He rolled his eyes and took his bag, leaving the classroom with angry steps. He hadn’t been held back. That was the truth. It was sort of a sensitive topic for him, because he should’ve been out of school already like Sunggyu. Instead he was stuck here and had to finish school with all the kids around him. The only reason he didn’t stick out of the masses was his young appearance. No one would think he was already 20 and should be in college. Him still being here had a simple reason: the brain tumor they found in his head when he was 14. Woohyun had had to stay in the hospital for a long time. Only a few appointments at the beginning and then several long stays until they could not let him leave anymore, because the tumor had returned bigger than before or they found another problem with his brain. It was a time he didn’t like to remember, days when he didn’t know if he would survive the next operation, if he would ever get out of the hospital again or if the tumor would come back again. Woohyun was sure that the only reason for his survival was his now husband Sunggyu.

Woohyun got into the bus outside of school and sat down on a seat, leaning his head against the window with a small smile. He was sure that he would not be here today without Sunggyu, his beloved husband and childhood friend. They had always been together since their early days as babies. Their parents were neighbors and best friends, which let them grow up close like brothers. It reminded Woohyun of those movies and TV series sometimes that seemed so surreal. But it really happened that way for them and they even fulfilled the most clichéd storyline with a childhood promise.

“Sunggyu-hyung! I bought you a Christmas present too!” Little 9-year-old Woohyun said with a wide smile.

The older boy put the present from his parents – a thick book – aside without hesitation and looked at him with wide eyes. “I didn’t get you anything, Hyun.”

Sunggyu’s eyes turned teary out of shame and his mother ruffled the boy’s brown hair. “You can just share some of your sweets with Woohyunnie later, Sunggyu. Don’t cry! You’re supposed to be the older one.”

Woohyun pushed the little wrapped box into the older boy’s hands. “Hyung, don’t be sad! I don’t want you to be sad! Open my present!”

“Thank you, Hyunnie.” Sunggyu said and carefully unpacked the box. Their parents watched them with bright smiles, whispering how cute they were and Sunggyu’s father recorded everything with his camera.

“Omo. You bought your hyung a ring, Woohyunnie?” Mrs. Kim said. Her son looked at the object curiously, turning it in his small hands.

Woohyun nodded. “I won it for Sunggyu-hyung! Papa said that he gave Mommy a ring, so that they could be together forever! I want to be with hyung forever!”

“Aigoo, Woohyunnie, so cute!” Mrs. Kim squealed.

“I’m not a girl, though.” Sunggyu spoke and puffed his cheeks. Woohyun’s eyes started to fill with tears, since his hyung didn’t seem to like his present.

Mrs. Nam crouched down next to Sunggyu. “Woohyun knows that. He just wants to spend a loooot more time with his favorite hyung. Don’t you want to be with your favorite dongsaeng too?”

“I know hyung is a boy!” Woohyun exclaimed and hugged the older. “Please don’t leave me alone, hyung! I’ll be the bestest best dongsaeng there is!”

“I won’t leave you.” Sunggyu mumbled and hugged him back. “I’m sorry, Hyunnie. I like the ring!”

“Forever, hyung?”

“Forever!” They laughed happily and their parents watched them quietly.



Woohyun chuckled. He dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out the silver ring. He put it on the wedding ring finger with a smile. They had held their promise and married almost ten years later, after Woohyun had made it through his long hospital period. The innocent love between children had become a strong bond after going through many hardships together. It hadn’t been hard to promise each other forever, especially after fighting against death together. Woohyun knew he was more than lucky. Lucky to be still alive and lucky to call Sunggyu his. It was hard to be a student, while Sunggyu was already finishing his studies and working, but this reality was better than being dead and never seeing his smile again.

His phone vibrated and Woohyun quickly checked the new text. ‘Woohyunnie, are you home soon? I cooked your favorite dish. Missing you~’

“You were the one that sent me to detention.” Woohyun smiled at his phone. ‘I will be home soon, babe. Greet me with only the apron on? Ily <3’

‘Idiot! Hurry up!’

He put his phone away and looked out of the window again. “Forever, hyung.”



Sunggyu didn’t greet him with only the apron on, but it was fine since Woohyun did get a stormy hug and a welcome home kiss. “It’s your fault I’m late.”

“Don’t even start, Nam Woohyun.” His husband said and walked away towards the kitchen.

He took off his jacket and the boots, before following Sunggyu. “I know. I was wrong. Is it a bother for you? That I changed schools, I mean.”

Sunggyu took the pot off the stove and turned around to him. “Woohyun. You’re not a bother, don’t ever think that.”

“But I just selfishly decided on my own to go to your school and then I just make things more difficult for you-“

The older man stepped closer and wrapped his arms around Woohyun again, leaning his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder. “I’m happy that you followed me. I love that we can spend more time together. I just don’t get why you have to act like a delinquent at school.”

“And I don’t get why you’re acting like a strict and cold teacher, when you’re the warmest and fluffiest person I know.” Woohyun smiled and hugged his husband back.

Sunggyu hit his back playfully. Woohyun laughed. “You probably feel bad for hours after scolding a student.”

“I don’t!” He was sure the older man was pouting now.

They stayed like this for a moment, just enjoying that they could finally hold each other again. It was a hard time during school hours – for both of them. No kisses, no hugs or even longer touches or looks. It did not help that Woohyun got jealous real easily.

“Are we okay?”

“Always!”

They separated again and Woohyun pressed a kiss to Sunggyu’s lips. “By the way, keep away from Howon.”

“Howon? Oh! You mean Mr. Lee. Why though?” The older man blinked innocently.

He huffed. “Because he likes you! You’ll never guess what he told me during detention today!”

Sunggyu laughed shortly. “Are you sure you’re not seeing things again? You get jealous so easily, Hyun.”

The older man turned away from him again to put the food on their plates. Woohyun hugged him from behind and pressed his front against his husband’s lean body. “I’m not seeing things. He told me I should stop my stupid crush, because you are out of my league! And then he had the nerve to call you attractive and cute.”

“Mr. Lee did that? Really?” Sunggyu hummed as if he were deep in thought.

“What are you thinking about? Are you considering him?” Woohyun anxiously tightened his grip.

“Considering him for what?”

“You know what I mean!”

Sunggyu turned around in his hold and leaned their foreheads together. “No, I don’t. I’m already married to the love of my life. There is nothing to consider anymore.”

“So greasy!”

“I learned from the best.” Sunggyu chuckled and Woohyun lifted his head to kiss him again. The light laughter was muffled by his mouth and the couple lost themselves in the kiss for a moment.

Only when they needed air to breath, they separated again. Woohyun smiled. “I can’t wait until school is over. I quickly want to catch up with you and then I’ll show everyone that you’re taken.”

“Take your time, Woohyun. I’ll wait for you. The only thing I want is for you to be healthy.” Sunggyu told him with a warm smile. “Now go wash your hands, so that we can eat.”

“But I want to cuddle…” He clung to his husband harder, hiding his face against the older man’s neck to nibble on the skin.

Sunggyu giggled and tried to wriggle out of his grip. “Cuddle? I know exactly what you want, Nam Woohyun. Let’s eat first.”

He let go of the other and smirked. “Fine, but after dinner I’m going to teach you a lesson.”

The older man could not help but blush. “Am I not the teacher here?”

“I’ll be a teacher too in a few years. I should start practicing.” Woohyun gave his husband another kiss and walked out of the kitchen to wash his hands properly.

Maybe the time at school was hard to endure, but it was worth it. Every boring lesson seemed endurable when he could look forward to coming home to this. His loving husband cooking for him, preparing his bath or simply cuddling with him on the sofa. Their life wasn’t perfect, but it was close to it. Being a student was not so bad if he thought about it. Woohyun smiled at his mirror image and left the bathroom again, after cleaning his hands and face. Sunggyu was already waiting for him at the table.

“Before I forget it, Woohyun, finish your homework after dinner or we are not cuddling at all.”

He stared at the other with wide eyes. “Are you serious? Can’t I do it afterwards?”

“No, because we are just going to fall asleep and forget about it. I’ll pay more attention to your studies from now on.” His husband declared and then started eating his meal.

Woohyun gaped. First detention and now this! No cuddling before doing his homework! Screw being a student! It ! He sat down with a groan and stared at his smiling boyfriend. “I can’t wait for the year to be over.”

“It seems like you need some kind of motivation.” Sunggyu suddenly said and Woohyun saw him pushing a hand in the collar of his shirt, pushing the fabric aside and revealing his fair skin. He gulped. “How about a reward for every task that you’ve finished correctly?”

Hell yeah. “You better not promise the other students that.”

Sunggyu laughed and retracted his hand. “Maybe I should?”

“Sunggyu!”

Another laugh. “Just joking~”

“I’m so going to punish you later.” Woohyun put another spoonful of the meal into his mouth.

“Your naughty student will be waiting.” He choked on his food and his husband laughed even louder.


How could life ever be better than this? Impossible.