For Park_Raejoon

Infinite Secret Santa 2014

For Park_Raejoon

From Secret Santa

Prompt: Dongwoo's Destiny

Pairing: Woogyu


Destiny

--It was just another day…--

 

Beep….Beep….Beep….

 

The alarm started to buzz. Jang Dongwoo the 25 year old hit the alarm off and was ready to great the day. With a smile on his face he got ready for work, being a car mechanic is tough.

 

--After some time at the ‘Infinite Car Studio’—

 

“Good Morning hyung” Dongwoo greeted

“Good Morning Dongwoo-ah” Sunggyu said with a smile on his face.

Sunggyu was the manager of ‘Infinite Car Studio’. His job is to look over others and check if they are doing their work properly. Sunggyu would say Dongwoo is one of the best car mechanics; he also treats the customers well even if the customers are mean. Since it was a Sunday very less people come to work.

Just then a customer arrived with his car.

“Good day Sir. How may I help you?” Sunggyu asked the good-looking not so tall raven haired male.

“Well… There is something wrong with this car. It breaks down often” the customer coded his problem. Sunggyu nodded and took out a form and begin asking some questions to the other male.

“What’s your name sir?”

“Nam Woohyun”

“Age?”

“24 years”

“Phone Number?”

“XXX-XXX-XXXX”

“Car Number?”

“XX-XX-XX-XX”

“It will take some time because we have a lot of orders” Sunggyu told the younger male.

“It’s fine as long as it stops causing me trouble”

“One of our mechanics is free I’ll ask him to just check this car and find out what the problem is” Sunggyu said while taking out his phone.

Woohyun just nodded at that statement. In a minute Dongwoo was there he noticed Sunggyu talking with a customer.

‘He’s Cute’ Dongwoo thought in his mind. “Shoo that thought away. I’m here to work” he told himself.

“You called hyung?” Dongwoo asked Sunggyu.

“Yes, I want you to take care of this car. The problem is it breaks down frequently”

“Okay” Dongwoo said in a hyper voice, because he loves his work.

Sunggyu continued “And he’s Nam Woohyun, the owner of this car” Woohyun bowed lightly

“Hello I’m Jang Dongwoo”

 

‘Nam Woohyun… I had a friend once with the very same name’

‘Jang Dongwoo? The same name as my once upon sweet friend’

Dongwoo took the car to the garage.

“We will tell you the amount after we find what the exact problem is” Sunggyu told Woohyun and gave him the Studio card.

“Thank you” Woohyun bowed and then left. He caught a taxi and went home.

 

--Later that night at Dongwoo’s house.--

 

“I’m hungry” he told himself and went towards the kitchen. He looked around…

“Nothing” he opened the fridge….

“Nothing” He sights and takes his coat. “I guess I have to go to the ‘Springs’ for dinner” he said to himself while grabbing the car key.

 

--At the ‘Springs’--

 

It was so crowded. “Did everyone have their kitchen empty?” Dongwoo thought. He finally managed to get a table, just when he was waiting for s waiter to take his orders a man knocked at his table and asked

“Mind if we share this table? Because the crowd doesn’t seem to settle down”

Dongwoo looks up and sees a familiar face.

“Oh? Aren’t you the customer from before?” Dongwoo asked

“You’re the car mechanic” Woohyun just noticed.

“Of course we can share this table” Dongwoo answered the question which Woohyun asked before. Woohyun sat down with a smile on his face. Just then a waiter came.

“Your order?” he asked

“I want noodles and a coke” Dongwoo answered.

“Same here too” Woohyun said.

The waiter noted down and left.

“So… I’m 24 years. You are?” Woohyun tried to start a conversation.

“You’re younger than me! I’m 25 years” Dongwoo said.

“I guess I should call you Dongwoo-ssi”

“No just call me hyung”

Woohyun just smiled. ‘He does look a lot alike my friend’ Woohyun thought. At that time the waiter came and served their food. They both were hungry and they ate without a word. Woohyun was the first one to finish and he paid the bill for both himself and Dongwoo.

“Hey! I’m the hyung I’m supposed to be doing all this” Dongwoo said with a pout on his face.

“But I was fast” Woohyun said and they both walked out of the restaurant. When Dongwoo was about to go to his car he saw Woohyun looking here and there.

“Are you searching for someone?”

“No, I need a taxi.”

“I can give you a ride”

“No, it’s fine hyung”

“No, you paid for dinner and I drop you home. It’s even”

Woohyun just nodded and followed Dongwoo to his car. Woohyun told his address and his house was very near to Dongwoo’s neighbourhood. “Wow your house is so close to mine” Dongwoo exclaimed. “Really?” Woohyun asked as the car stopped at his house. Dongwoo just nodded at his question.

“Goodnight hyung” Woohyun said as he got of the car.

“Good night” Dongwoo said.

Both of them smiled at each other and Dongwoo waved his hand as a signal he is leaving. Woohyun waved his hand back and saw Dongwoo’s car go out of sight.

He walked to the door and got inside the house and went straight towards his room and took the necklace which he was treasuring and wore it. When he was young he and his friend brought the same necklace as a sign of friendship. Plus if both of them are very near the necklace will stick together like magnets. Woohyun just thought about his friend and went to sleep.

 

--At Dongwoo’s House--

 

Who knew Dongwoo also did the same like Woohyun. He also took the necklace which he and his friend brought and wore it and slept with it.

 

--Next day at the Infinite Car Studio.--

 

“Hyung I found out the problem with that car” Dongwoo told Sunggyu who was busy arranging some files. “Really?” Sunggyu looked up and asked.

“Yes, loose wires are the problems. I’ll fix them tonight”

“Okay and I might be leaving soon, because I have a lot of work at home”

“Sure hyung, I’ll step outside for a minute... I’m hungry”

Sunggyu just nodded at that statement. Dongwoo went to the ‘Dilemma’ to buy some snacks.

 

Dongwoo just bought some potato chips and some juice and went to the nearest park to eat them. He found a nice spot it was under a huge tree. He sat there and ate his chips. He just watched people passing by. After he was done he threw the cover into the dustbin and went back to work.

 

“There all done” Dongwoo said to himself after he finished fixing Woohyun’s car. Dongwoo called and informed Woohyun and he was there in 20 minutes.

“Here’s the bill” Woohyun paid the bill. “Thank you” he said.

Just when Woohyun passed Dongwoo both of their necklaces got stuck together.

They didn’t look at each other instead they looked at looked at their necklaces in disbelief.

Both of them knew there was only one set of necklace which acted like magnets.

“Is this real?” Woohyun asked. Dongwoo just stayed still. Woohyun just hugged Dongwoo so tight. Dongwoo started to cry. He was so happy. “Is it really you?” Dongwoo asked. “Yes” Woohyun answered. When he saw Dongwoo crying he immediately wiped his tears. “You shouldn’t cry” Woohyun said. Dongwoo nodded and wiped his tears. “What a coincidence. I never thought we would meet here” Dongwoo said after he wiped his tears.

 “Did you eat you dinner?” Woohyun asked. “No, I’m going to” Dongwoo said. “Let’s go to my house for dinner” Woohyun said. Dongwoo just nodded. Both of them got inside the car and they were on their way. “Where were you all these years?” Woohyun asked “My dad had a transfer to Japan. I wanted to tell you about it but you went on a vacation” “When did you come back?” Woohyun continued “Last year” Dongwoo answered. “I missed you” Woohyun said in a concerned whisper, but it was audible enough for Dongwoo to hear. “I missed you too” Dongwoo said.

The car stopped at Woohyun’s house and both of them got down. “Why did you shift your house?” Dongwoo asked. “My parents are working overseas and they sold that house” “Hmm… What are you doing” Dongwoo continued “I’m working as a model for now.” Woohyun the T.V and gave the remote to Dongwoo and said “Give me some time. I’ll make dinner” and walked towards the kitchen. Dongwoo sat in the couch and flipped through the channels and found everything boring. He turned the T.V off.

He decided to help Woohyun. He got up and walked towards the kitchen. He saw Woohyun mixing something. “What are you making” Dongwoo asked “Kimichi stew and I’m trying to make a cake” Woohyun said taking the flour box. He added the necessary flour and suddenly a thought occurred in his mind. He purposely took some flour in his hand and threw it against Dongwoo. “Yah How dares you” Dongwoo opened the water tap and splashed water on Woohyun. This happened for a good 10 minutes until there was nothing to throw around. “I guess only Kimichi stew, no cake” Woohyun said trying to take whatever was there on his head.

“We should change. Come with me” Woohyun led Dongwoo to his room. “This is my room” Woohyun said as he opened the door to his room. Dongwoo looked around. In the centre on the room there was a king sized bed, towards the left there was the closet and towards the right there was the bathroom. “Here change into these” Woohyun gave Dongwoo his clothes. “You can change here, I’ll go change in the guest room” Woohyun said and left with his clothes. They both changed and ate their dinner.

“It’s late. I should go” Dongwoo said. “No stay with me please” Woohyun asked. Dongwoo didn’t know what to do. He missed his friend so he decided to stay. They both slept in each other’s arms the whole night.

 

The next morning Dongwoo and Woohyun took the day off and decided to spend some time together. In the morning they watched 2 movies and they decided to go to the park.

The park was kind of empty. Both of them played for the whole day.

It was become dark ”Hyung I have something to tell you.” Woohyun started.

“They are sending me to Japan”

“What?” Dongwoo asked in a shocked tone.                                                                                                               

“Yes I have to go. We’ll still stay in touch” Woohyun said. Tears start to form in Dongwoo’s eyes. “Please don’t cry” Woohyun wiped the tears. Even he started to cry. “When are you leaving?” Dongwoo asked “In one hour” Woohyun said. It was very hard for Dongwoo to accept the fact that his best friend is leaving. They both exchanged phone numbers and promised to call each other every day.

Woohyun left to Japan and after two days Woohyun’s phone number became ‘does not exist’. Dongwoo was very depressed but slowly he recovered.

After 3 years ‘Infinite Car Studio’ also opened in Japan and Dongwoo and Sunggyu were transferred to Japan. “Its’ nice to be back in Japan” Dongwoo told himself as he looked around his new house. He decided to take a walk to the park. He reached the park and decided to get his favourite Vanilla Chocolate ice cream. He removed the Ice cream cover and started to eat it. After he finished eating it, he just sat in a bench and relaxed for some time. AT that time he a little kid who was finding it difficult to play in the swing. Dongwoo walked towards the kid and helped her. After few minutes she got down and went to the slide. Dongwoo just saw the kids playing for some time and started to walk home.

Dongwoo was afraid of Japan for only 2 things earthquakes and Tsunami. Just when he passed a man his necklace flew to the opposite direction and got attached to the other man’s necklace. Dongwoo looked up and saw Woohyun. Both of them smiled widely at each other. They stayed in the same place without moving.

It must have been Dongwoo’s Destiny to always stay next to Woohyun.

 

THE END