zero six.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years. Oh Seoh- no. Wu Zhouxun, managed to live through two years, with - more or less -  difficulty. During these years, neither of the Wu siblings talked about her need to go for surgery. Seohun was still on medication, and depended on painkillers whenever she couldn't take the sharp pain that hit her head.

She finally graduated from university and was definitely most eager to inform Luhan all about it.

"Luhan! I did it!" she squealed over the phone. "I managed to graduate!"

Nobody knew what kind of miracle was bestowed unto her. Though Yifan was more than jubilant, he was always so afraid of not being able to greet her good morning the following day, everytime he were to fall asleep the night before.

"Congratulations! You've always wanted to graduate afterall." Luhan was practically grinning from ear to ear on his side. He couldn't express how delighted he was after receiving the news. Not that Seohun could see him anyway. "I'm happy for you."

Yifan chuckled at the sight of Seohun bouncing up and down the white couch. She was still a child at heart even if she was going to turn 21 in a few weeks. He turned back to kitchen to whip up lunch while the latter continued to talk to Luhan.

"Did he graduate too?"

Yifan cringed at her sudden change of tone. It was a tone that contradicted the one before. The atmosphere went silent as Yifan peeked from the kitchen walls to observe Seohun's change of expressions. After a few seconds, Seohun finally let out a small giggle and said goodbye before hanging up.

"You know Zhouxun," Yifan yelled from the kitchen. "The bills are so gonna skyrocket if you keep calling Luhan every few minutes." he tried to lift up the dampened ambiance.

Seohun laughed heartily at her brother's comment and sauntered towards the kitchen. "What are you burning now.."

Yifan scowled. "What do you mean, burn." he scoffed. "You still eat what I cook for the past two years anyway"

"I need to survive, Yifan."

Yifan wasn't quite sure what kind of statement that was, but decided to shrug it off as he laid the perfectly cooked noodles on to a clean plate. He skilfully sliced the chicken and served them together with the freshly cut vegetables. He quickly ushered the brunette to the dining table before they mirthfully dug in.

"I must say," Seohun swallowed the chicken, a satisfied grin played on her lips. "Your cooking is absolutely..."

Yifan cocked and eyebrow, impatiently waiting for her to continue. Seohun only smirked in response and giggled while proceeding to finish the food on her plate.

"Absolutely what?"

"Hmm..? Mhmm.." Seohun hummed, letting her fork linger on her lips as she darted her eyes up to the left, pretending to be in thought.

Yifan huffed and rested his chin on his palm, still waiting for Seohun to finish her sentence. The latter found this gesture amusing though, and mimicked her brother. She set aside her fork, propped her elbow and rested her chin. She batted her eyelids and pouted playfully.

"Fine. Whatever. Don't praise me." Yifan jutted his bottom lip and sulked.

They both glanced at each other for a moment before laughing cordially. They continued to munch down on the remaining food left on the table before helping each other to clean up. The dishes were one thing - the whole maisonette was another obstacle. By the time they were d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter