three five.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Seohun couldn't believe who was standing before her. She blinked as much as she could, neither of them said anything afterwards.

   "Hey, aren't you gonna let me in? It's pretty cold outside and oomph-"

   Next thing he knew, Seohun had already latched herself onto him. Her fingers curled at the back of his neck, gentle caressing his now foxy-red locks. Her other hand tightened around his back, afraid that he'd leave once she lets go.

   "Luhan." She breathed out, taking in his scent. "It's really you."

   The male let out a hum in assurance and nodded. He brought his own arms around the former's waist and squeezed her timidly.

   "It's okay. I won't leave again." He softly whispered, knowing that the brunette wouldn't let go.

   Seohun hesitantly brought back one of her hands to her side, leaving her right one linger on Luhan's lower arm.

   "Hey, you guys done yet? Everyone's waiting you know." Yifan yelled, snapping the two back to reality.

   "Waiting for what?" Seohun's brows creased.

   "Guess I'm just in time." Luhan sashayed to the living room and instantly went up to Yifan.

   "Glad you could make it," Yifan subtly grinned.

   Luhan turned to Kai next when the latter approached him himself.

   "Pretty inconsiderate of you to not witness our wedding, Han." Kai shook his head in a joking manner.

   "Kai. Don't say things like that." Seohun warned, oblivious to his playful tone.

   The red haired male chortled mildly. "At least I get to witness it now."

   Seohun raised an eyebrow. "Eh?"

   The other guests then began to sit in an orderly manner, each couch with four people. The three couches faced the centre, where Taemin and Kai stood.

   Seohun stood awkwardly by the side of the couch where Yifan sat. "Yifan, what's-"

   "Shush, the ceremony's starting." Yifan held his finger to his own lips, letting a knowing smile linger on them.

   "All of you, are gathered here today, to witness these two - already married couple - get married once again." Taemin quipped, earning a jab in the ribs from Kai.

   "I'll take it from here." The younger sibling insisted, turning his eyes to Seohun. "Seohun, can you come here?"

   Yifan that got up from his seat and gave his sister his arm. Seohun glanced up and unconsciously linked her arm with Yifan's. It didn't take very long, just five steps and Seohun was already standing with Kai.

   "God. What was that." Yifan whispered to himself in embarrassment, causing laughter to the others.

   Kai too, chuckled a little but quickly cleared his throat.

   "Hunnie-ya. I know this is weird, but, our wedding didn't really go as we originally wanted when we were younger. When I proposed to you in front of our friends, I really thought that nothing would ever go wrong. But then, turns out that fate has so much more in store for me. For us."

   Seohun gulped nervously when Kai brought her hands into his.

   "I've said my vows before, but I knew there was no sincerity in my words. What I only did was repeat after the priest - but you - you voiced them out wholeheartedly."

   Kai let out a breath and once again shared his gaze with Seohun.

   "Kim Seohun. I, Kim Kai, promise to make your life better. For all those nights that you spent crying to sleep because of me, I will repay them double by making sure I'd be the reason for your laughter. For all the grief that I've caused you, I'll repay them by spending all the quality time I have, together with you." He moved a step closer, making Seohun's heart skip a beat. "And for all the times you felt that you were a burden to me, I will cherish you and show you, how much you mean to me."

   Seohun's eyes brimmed with crystal liquid. She had never been more certain in her life. Kai was everything she ever wanted.

   "Kim Seohun, do you accept Kim Kai, to be your lifetime partner?" Taemin asked and Kai suddenly felt jittery.

   Her hands gripped tighter onto the tanned male's hands, giving him her brightest smile yet. "With all my heart, I accept."

   Kai let out a sigh in relief, closing his eyes shut as he calmed his beating heart.

   "And do you, Kim Kai-"

   "Oh just shut up, Tae."

   And with that being said, Kai wrapped one arm around Seohun's waist, letting no gap settle between them.

   "I don't need to be asked, I would always want you."

   He brought one hand up to caress Seohun's right cheek and brought their faces closer. Before the latter knew it, Kai's lips were gently brushing hers. The crowd applauded when Seohun gladly kissed her husband back, both their eyes fluttered shut when they had their moment of bliss.

   "I love you, Hunnie." Kai softly whispered into her ear. "And no, I won't stop calling you that."

   Seohun gave a tiny giggle. "I love you too. And I never really minded you calling me that."

   "You guys done yet? I'm really hungry."

   Yifan smacked the back of Luhan's head. "You just had to ruin their moment."

   Luhan pouted and frowned. "You can't blame me, I flew all the way from China."

   The room was filled with cheers and laughter after Luhan's remark. And so, they all gathered around for a wonderful dinner, with Yifan and Hyoyeon entertaining the guests.

   Once they were alone, Kai pulled out a chain from his pocket and there, dangling from it, was a silver band.

   "The ring," Seohun gasped in awe. Kai had proposed to her with the exact same silver band that Kai was holding on to. "You, still kept it."

   Kai hummed. He carefully hung the chain over the brunette's neck and traced the ring.

   "Never take it off." Kai buried his nose into the crook of the other's neck. "Never."

   "I won't. I promise."

   She looked at the ring and smiled at the cravings on it.

   'S&K'

   "It's still the most beautiful ring I've ever seen."

 

~"~

 

   "Seohun-ah!" A voice reverberated from afar.

   The brunette spun around only to see her cousin.

   "Zhoumi!" She went up to gave him a bear hug.

   "Hey, Kai."

   The tanned male gave a subtle grin in return, bowing and taking his leave.

   "You ready for tomorrow?" Zhoumi turned his attention back to Seohun.

   "Honestly, I'm not. But since you're my doctor, I believe in you." Seohun assured both herself and Zhoumi. "And I believe that I can pull this through with Kai by my side."

   "Look at you, being extra cheesy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter