three six.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Zhoumi left the room with his younger brother and cousin tagging along. He rubbed his forehead and wore a tired expression on his face.

   "What happened there? Why couldn't she recognise Kai alone?" Xiumin asked for Yifan. The latter was too dazed to focus.

   "Vic did a thorough checkup on her earlier." Zhoumi peeked over Yifan's shoulder to see the other three boys who were waiting in front of the ward. He's eyes wandered to Kai specifically. "And I have news for you. Though I don't know how Seohun and Kai'll take it."

   A frown etched on Yifan's face.

   "Yifan, Seohun's with a child."

   Both Xiumin's and Yifan's eyes widened. "You mean, she's pregnant? "

   "Yeah. But," Zhoumi added before anyone could add more in. "When asked earlier, Seohun claimed that she remembered everything that happened two months back. She did remember about the marriage, and about living in another house with another man."

   "But she doesn't remember who that person is." Yifan completed for him.

   "I don't think she doesn't remember. It's just that, perhaps she isn't sure."

   Yifan twisted his body slightly to observe his brother in-law. Kai had his face in his palms and Woobin was leaning against the doorframe. Luhan was just pacing around, a worried look printed on his face.

   "What do you suggest we do now, then?" Yifan half-heartedly inquired.

   "We've to tell her that she's pregnant. About Kai though, I don't think we should break it up to her any sooner."

   Xiumin crossed his arms. "That's cruel. Don't you think some parts of her memory would be triggered if she spends more time with Kai? I mean, he could help her in one way."

   Zhoumi shook his head two seconds late. "We're unsure of the outcome. We can't just tell her Kai's her husband."

   "Alright, alright." Yifan held both his hands up. "Let's just, tell her about the baby first. I'm sure she'll take it bravely since she knows she's married to someone. And if she asks about him, I am going to say that it's Kai."

   Zhoumi heaved a sigh. "You can't do that! Think about it, Yifan!" He hissed in a hushed tone, trying hard not to let the boys hear. "If you do that, she'd be under a lot of pressure. Seohun wouldn't be able to remember who Kai is, and if she over-thinks, the stress will cause a miscarriage at this early stage. And when that happens, she'd be driven to depression. It's only normal due to her state right now."

   Xiumin pulled his lips back. "Hyung, you can't say that. Like you mentioned earlier, the outcome is unclear. We should give it a try."

   Just then, Victoria came out of the door and gave a slight nod to Zhoumi.

   The latter ignored his brother and turned back to Yifan. "Yifan, right now, I'm thinking as a doctor and not her cousin. And I can't force you or her to do something I ask you to." He landed his palm onto Yifan's shoulder and squeezed it. "Reconsider this, will you?"

   "I'm her brother. Of course I'm worried for her and all. But Kai, he's suffered enough. I'm not going to let him go through a second round of suffering."

   He turned and trod to Kai.

   "Get up and get in."

   Kai looked up and suspired, his cheeks already painted with his fallen tears.

   "What's the point, Yifan? She doesn't even remember me."

   The blond yanked Kai up by the arm. "She needs you right now. You promised her, didn't you? You vowed to make her life better. And now she's pregnant with your child, take responsibility - as a husband and soon to be father."

   Kai's eyes doubled their size, so did Woobin's and Luhan's.

   "Preg- pregnant?" Kai whispered under his breath. "How…"

   Yifan frowned. "What do you mean by how? Obviously you two did something together." And if the atmosphere wasn't tense, Kai would've blushed madly.

 

~"~

   Next thing he knew, they were all back in the ward.

   "Where's Xiumin?" Seohun asked when she didn't see her cousin.

   "He needs to cover up for me back in the office."

   Seohun gave an 'oh'  in response to her brother's answer.

   "Uhm, Yifan… Am I, married to someone?"

   Kai's ears perked up, but he didn't left the corner of the room. No matter how much he wanted to be near her, Seohun still won't remember a thing.

   "Seohun-ah. We've something to tell you."

   Both Zhoumi and Victoria stood by Kai's side, letting Yifan do all the talking. Woobin and Luhan stood beside the left part of the bed, when Yifan gently sat down by Seohun's right.

   "Seohun, promise me you won't freak out."

   The younger stared blankly at him and nodded after a moment.

   Yifan took a deep breathe and exhale

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter