two two.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seohun."

The brunette froze when her name was called. She cursed silently under her breath, knowing that she could've missed this if she hurried a little more.

Seohun reluctantly turned around to face the person she feared the most now, "Kai."

The tanned male took a few strides forward in an attempt to move closer to the other. Though his wife seemed compose when she stood still, her heart was definitely beating against their cage.

"Are you done yet?"

Seohun gulped, not knowing what to respond with. "Done with what?"

Kai gave a slight simper, folding his arms across his chest. "You've been purposefully avoiding me these few days. Going out to work before seven in the morning, and returning only when I'm asleep." his expression darkened as he narrowed his eyes. "You do realise that you can't avoid me forever, don't you?"

The former her trembling lips, eyes darting to everywhere else, except her husband.

"I thought, it'd be better if you," she averted her gaze to the floor, croaking her words out. "Didn't see me."

Her husband rolled his eyes at the obvious lie. "You? Do you think you know what's best for me?" he turned around, sauntering back to his room.

"I'm exhausted, so I'll let you off." he grimly said, turning his head slightly. "Woobin wants us to accompany him out tomorrow. So, act like we're a normal couple."

Seohun let out a breath she was holding as soon as Kai's door slammed shut. Act normal? Of course she could do that. But if Woobin were to bombard them with unnecessary questions, she'd better hope that the odds will be in her favour. It wouldn't help either if Kai were to add fuel to the fire.

The brunette went to her room and had a warm shower - the weekends were finally here.

She plopped onto her oh so comfortable bed afterwards, blowing onto the windmill that her brother handed to her. Three weeks has passed, and a miracle still hadn't happen.

 Every night, she'd pray that Kai wouldn't be so mean. Sometimes, she even hoped that she'd be free from this illness. Or that her brother would somehow become CEO.

But every morning, she'd wake up to disappointment.

Kai would still be the same unforgiving beast. Messing up his laundry by scattering them all over the stairs. Purposely coming to the kitchen to dirty the dishes for no rhyme or reason.

Really, he'd waste oil by spilling them all over the floor and plates. The first time he did so, the poor brunette hadn't notice. She was thankful that she only suffered a mere slip, falling on her rear instead of her head. Seohun wouldn't ever forget that smug smirk her husband had plastered on his face when she tripped.

She was thankful though, that her husband wouldn't go as far as to waste their groceries. But, still.

Dozens of other incidents happened, and Seohun wanted to remember neither of them.

She blew one last time onto the windmill, slowly drifting off to sleep afterwards with it in her hands.

 

 

~"~

 

"Ah. I'm jealous."

Both Kai and Seohun stopped munching down on their food when Woobin sighed dreamily at them.

Kai wiped his mouth with a napkin, swallowing the remains of his food as he spoke. "Of what?"

"The two of you." Woobin deadpanned. "I mean, two high school lovers are finally married to each other." he stated, resting his chin on his palm. "Isn't that wonderful?"

The former bit his tongue and slowly directed his gaze from Woobin to the brunette opposite of him. He noticed her gulped thickly, eyes unmoving from her plate.

Kai smirked. "Yeah. Simply wonderful."

Seohun sighed deeply. She didn't like this. It was tiring enough to act all loving towards each other in the office. Lying and putting on a facade in front of Woobin definitely didn't help lighten the burden.

Woobin scrunched up his nose, laughing heartily. The brunette too, forced a chuckle.

Unlike his wife, Kai was fine with putting up an act. Even towards his friend. The one thing he enjoyed most was to witness Seohun's flustered reactions.

Though they were subtle, Kai liked to see them whenever he were to show affection for her in the office. To him - it was mild torture.

"You shouldn't be, Woobin-ah." Seohun spoke up, eyes awkwardly turning to crescents as she bit her bottom lip. "You'd find your significant half soon." she said, patting his shoulder. "And don't give her cold looks just like how you'd give those fangirls of yours back in school. She'd stay by your side with the right amount of affection."

Kai squinted his eyes, lips forming into a straight line at what his wife said.

"Yeah. Get one that won't ever leave you." he snapped, stabbing his fork into a piece of meat. "One that's truthful. One that never keeps important secrets from you. One that knows how to be thankful for the good things you do to her. One that's definitely not selfish."

Seohun winced at his remark as Woobin stayed glued to his seat, utterly clueless on how to react.

The tanned male scoffed. "I hope there's such person." he stood up after stuffing the meat into his mouth, stomping out and leaving the two behind.

Silence.

Woobin cleared his throat as if he was waiting for the brunette to say something.

"I'm sorry. He's, uh, we-" she sighed in frustration, massaging her temples when she felt a migraine rolling in. "It's just that, I know this might sound crazy to you since we're married and all, but Kai and I, we broke up during our first year of university and-"

"I know."

Seohun's jaw dropped when Woobin showed no signs of shock.

"What?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter