three two.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   As soon as Kai went back in, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his neck.

   He was taken aback at the sudden hug, but instantly wrapped his arms around Seohun's lithe physique.

   "Do you miss hugging me so much, Hunnie?" Kai forced a cheeky smile once they moved away from each other.

   Seohun allowed her fingers to linger at the back of Kai's ear. "What did he say to you?"

   Kai's expression wavered a little. He still kept a half smile pasted on his face when he ruffled Seohun's hair.

   "That's for me to know, and you - should get changed."

   Seohun knitted her brows together, confusion written all over her face. "Why?"

   The bronzed male stuffed his hands into his pocket and shrugged. "Maybe because I'm bringing you out." He chuckled a little before heading for the second floor. "In an hour's time." He managed to cry out.

   If Woobin claimed that Kai wasn't worthy enough of Seohun's love - then he was going to make sure he puts in effort to deserve her.

   One thing's for sure. Woobin was wrong. Kai didn't effortlessly got Seohun back then, he did do stuffs to get her.

   But the latter male still wasn't completely false. Perhaps he was right about one thing. The fact that Kai always thought of himself, and that he was selfish because he only wallowed in self pity.

   Kai was positively sure that he really wanted Seohun by his side. He will be selfish for one more time. Kai'll give it one last try before leaving the final decision to Seohun herself. He'll fight for her, because he'd never done that before.

   Minutes later, the both of them managed to shower and get dressed for their 'date'.

   Seohun wore a red, long-sleeved short dress with denim jeans and an adorable bow-like headband.

   Kai though, donned on a maroon coloured flannel shirt with black pants. He finished the look off with a bright red beanie, resting perfectly on his brown locks.

   "Ready?" Kai asked gleefully with a toothy grin slapped onto his face.

   The corners of Seohun's lips twitched upwards as she nodded enthusiastically at her husband.

   "Then let's go!"

 

~"~

 

   About forty-five minutes later, they finally arrived at their favourite café - The Bridge Café.

   "Hello. Welcome to-" The waiter who heard the bell above the door chimed abruptly stopped midway when he saw the couple who entered.

   "Oh! Kai ssi!"

   Both the couple smiled at the waiter who recognised them instantly.

   "Kyungsoo ssi, have you been well?" Seohun inquired as she gave a gentle smile.

   Kyungsoo pulled his beautiful, heart-shapes lips into a warm smile. "I've been well! Oh Seohun ssi, right?"

   Kai pulled Seohun closer by her waist and shook his head twice. "Nope. It's Kim Seohun."

   Kyungsoo cheered and clapped his hands loudly, causing all the other customers to stare at him. He shut himself up and instantaneously gave them an apologetic smile. Thank goodness the place was near empty, since most people would be at work at this time.

   "Of course! You did mention about getting married!" Kyungsoo hurriedly ushered them to one of their most favoured spots. "Your usuals? Or would you like something new?"

   "The usuals, Kyungsoo ssi." Kai said and let out a subtle laugh when Kyungsoo literally scurried off like a mouse.

   He glance back to Seohun who'd been keeping her eyes strained onto her laps as soon as they were seated.

   "Hunnie-"

   "Ah, don't call me that!" She buried her flushed face into her palms, refusing to look at her husband. "How embarrassing."

   Kai cocked an eyebrow. "You don't like me calling you that?"

   Seohun shook her head but still kept her face covered in her hands.

   Kai however, rose up from his seat and crouched forward. He tenderly tore her hands away from her face, "Are you, blushing?"

   Kai tried to stifle his laughter when he saw how red Seohun's face was. "You're really blushing!"

   Seohun got up and clamped Kai's lips shut with her right hand. "Not so loud!" Even then she tried to avoid making unnecessary eye contact.

   Kai removed her hand from his plump lips and cupped her cheeks. He squeezed them and laughed when Seohun's lips resembled a fish's. The latter squirmed under his touch and sat back down.

   "Why can't I call you that?" Kai asked, letting the tip of his tongue rest on his lip.

   Seohun jutted her bottom lip. "I didn't say that you couldn't call me that."

   Just then, their order came, saving Seohun from further embarrassment.

   They both drooled at the sight of food before them. The juicy meat in between all the lettuce and cheese was mouth-watering indeed. Well, the burger itself was splendid. They took a whiff of the sweet caramel latte when they took a sip of it.

   "How is it?" They didn't notice that Kyungsoo was still standing by their table.

   "It's perfection!" Seohun praised. "Did you make them?"

   The waiter proudly gave a smile, clearly satisfied of the feedback.

   "Yes. I just started making the drinks recently, I didn't dare make them then." He confessed. "I was afraid I would mess things up."

   Kyungsoo went back to work and left the two to enjoy their meal.

   "Where will we go after this?" Seohun decided to ask first, not wanting to continue their previous topic.

   Kai munched on his burger before answering. "Childcare centre."

   Seohun widened her eyes, suddenly lost on what was going on but decided to keep mum. She wanted to see what Kai had in store for them.

    "Thank you for the wonderful meal, Kyungsoo ssi." The trio bowed simultaneously as the couple made their way out of the café. "We'll drop by more often next time."

   "Ya, are you serious?" Seohun asked when they got onto the car. "A childcare centre?"

   Kai nodded confidently. "Yup, no worries. It's a ten-minute drive from here." He shrugged. "I think."

   Seohun eyed him doubtfully. "You sure you know where you're going?"

   Kai ignored the brunette and scrunched his nose sulkily.

 

~"~

 

   And just like Kai promised, they did reach there within ten minutes.

   "See. We did reach here in ten." Kai pursed his lips and stomped of childishly.

   He knocked cautiously on the wooden door and waited for it to be opened.

   The door clicked opened, revealing a motherly looking lady in her twenties. She had nice blonde hair and an inviting aura surrounded her.

   "Took you long enough, Kai." The lady snorted. She gave a sweet smile to Seohun though.

   "You must be Seohun, right? Kai's wife? I'm Taeyeon." She introduced. "Kim Taeyeon, Kai's cousin."

   Seohun let out an audible 'oh' and shook her extended hand. "Nice to meet you."

   Taeyeon flashed a blinding smile and invited them in. When they did so, the loud chatter of the children welcomed them.

   "Taeyeon-umma! Carry me!"

   "No! Taeyeon-umma, me. I want!"

   Seohun watched in awe as a total of fourteen toddlers - ages no more than four perhaps - rushed and gathered all around her.

   "Wait. What did I say earlier? I told you that people will be coming right?" Taeyeon had her hands on her hips. That was enough to show the children how displ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter