three seven.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Yifan dragged his feet back to the ward with his mind blank and face drained of colour. When Luhan had called earlier for him to return back to the room, his voice sounded strained and tight. The blond simpered sarcastically to himself. Of course he'd acted that way.

   Once he was in front of the ward, everything happened too fast.

   Luhan had his fingers curled around the former's collar in a split second. The red head shoved the taller against the wall, seemingly furious as his nostrils flared. For a moment, Yifan had his face in a shocked expression, but it quickly subsided into a stoic one. He knew that Luhan wasn't mad, the latter was just confused and disappointed. Luhan had the rights to do this.

   "What the hell Yifan?!" The shorter yelled his lungs out. "How could you have plainly walked out of there?!"

   The blond was silently grateful that they were in a private level - otherwise they would've gotten kicked out by now.

   "Will you keep it down?" He sighed and caught the other's wrists. "Just let go first, okay? If you think I'm still unreasonable after I've explained my reasons, then you can kill me."

   Even if he did let go, Luhan's piercing glare was still boring through Yifan's own hazel orbs.
   "I'm sorry, I really didn't know what to do." The taller stuffed his hands into his back pocket and hung his head.

   Luhan scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. If that was Yifan's reason, then he sure as hell won't hesitate to kill the other. "You could've stopped him, at least say that he was lying!"

   Yifan groaned and raked his fingers through his golden locks. "No. You don't understand." He plopped down onto one of the chairs and laid backwards. "I couldn't have, even if I wanted to. Seohun, she-" Yifan shut his eyes and took in a sharp breath. "She was scared."

   Luhan's gaze slowly softened. Seohun was scared? He watched tentatively as the blond crouched forward and rested both his elbows on his knees. "What do you mean? Scared?"

   "The moment I told her not to freak out because of what I was about to say, she was already trembling. Though it was hardly noticeable, her fingers gave way when she reached out to feel her stomach."

   Luhan recalled the scene himself - true. But it was barely even there. How could Yifan have noticed.

   "Even when she smiled, her lips still quavered. She was terrified, she forgot who her husband was, and then she was carrying the child. It was literally too much for her to handle." The blond paused and stood up, heading to the door meh twisted the knob and walked towards the bed, smiling contentedly when he saw that Seohun was snoozing serenely. Gingerly, he brushed the top of his sister's head and leaned down to lay a kiss on her crown.

   Luhan on his bottom lip and moved to the opposite side of where Yifan stood. He showed a guilt-stricken face when Yifan threw him a sad smile.

   "So when Woobin admitted that he was the unborn baby's father, Seohun wanted to believe him. I saw it in her eyes, she didn't want to be told otherwise."

   The red head studied Seohun's face - even if he were given a century, Luhan would still be unable to read her. Even in such a state, Seohun didn't want anyone to worry about her. Unfortunately - or fortunately - she can never fool her brother.

   "So, that was why she didn't pull away when Woobin held her hand." Luhan concluded himself. "And as much as you could read her like a book, she could do the same to you as well."

   Yifan gave a nod and smiled again. "Yeah. That was why I left."

 

~"~

 

   Kai sat at the edge of the bed that was once Seohun's.

   It was the bed that Seohun had slept on before they shared the main bedroom.

   Kai had moved out of the latter room, leaving his wardrobe for Woobin's clothes. As much as he hated it, he had no choice after what had happened. He was aware that he can't just walk up to Seohun and tell her that he was her husband. She'd definitely think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter