two three.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More than a month's passed since the two got married. And of course, when there's a couple - there's bound to be a few juniors crawling and waddling in their house.

"Kim Kai. It's been a month, you know." Hyoyeon brought up the topic, one fine day through the phone. "When are you gonna give me grandchildren?"

Kai choked on his saliva at the mere mention of having kids - with Seohun.

"Mother. Please. We promised not to talk about it." he groaned, palming his face. "We're just, getting to know each other."

"Don't be stubborn! You need an heir, remember?" his mother ticked off - regretting it sooner when her son barked his response.

"No. Even if I were to have a child, I wouldn't want him to take over my job." he growled, utterly furious at Hyoyeon's expectation for his child. "Please, mother. No more of this. I'm tired of saying the same thing."

Sighing, he put down the phone without waiting for Hyoyeon's reply.

"Who was that?"

"Mom."

Seohun bit her bottom lip, contemplating on whether she should ask of their conversation or keep mum.

"What did she say?"

Kai evidently gulped, "Nothing much. Just asking about -"

His wife gazed expectantly, hoping that he'd say out the two-letter word out of his mouth, even if it's by force.

"Us."

"Of course she would." Seohun muttered under her breath, smiling slightly at the word mentioned. Because 'we' and''us' sounded ever so wondrous to her, whenever Kai referred such to themselves.

The bronzed male cleared his throat, and just when he was about to climb back up the stairs, the doorbell rang.

"Were you expecting someone?"

The latter frowned, flinching slightly at the word 'expecting'. What? Was he really supposed to have babies. The brunette sashayed to the door, letting out a very audible gasp when she saw who it was through the door's peephole.

"Good evening, Seohun dear." Hyoyeon smiled at her daughter in-law, but immediately dropped her grin as she charged towards her son.

"KIM KAI."

The male, who's back was facing the door, froze when he heard his mother's voice boomed into the living room. His mother instantly pulled and twisted his right ear, dragging the yelping son to the couch.

"God, mom! I'm not a child!" the poor male groaned, rubbing his sore ear which was turning into a dark shade of red. "And why didn't you tell me you were coming."

The former punched her son's upper arm repeatedly, "You cut off the line even before I could say anything!"

Seohun bit back a chuckle at the sight - it was fairly amusing. She shook her head and headed for the kitchen to grab a drink for her mother in-law.

Once she placed the cup of tea down on the coffee table, Hyoyeon told her to grab another drink for someone else.

"Who else is coming?" Kai shot his mother a look. "It's not.."

"No. It's not your father. Don't worry." Hyoyeon smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter