two nine.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rest well."

That was the only thing Kai said as soon as they entered the house. He brushed pass the brunette and opted to head for his room.

"Don't you, want to ask me anything?"

Kai halted in his steps at the tender voice of his wife. He bit his lips at the question and spun around to face her.

"I have loads of them, Seo. I really do." He emphasised on the third word. "But I bet the news must've caused a huge blow to you. So, go to bed first. We'll talk in the morning."

With that, he hurriedly rushed upstairs without another word.

The brunette tossed and turned in her bed. There was no way she was able to get a wink of sleep after being aware of the news she'd received.

She sat up and grabbed at her hair. Instantly, she removed her covers and tip-toed out of her room, shutting her door close. She stared at the room at the very end of the hallway.

"I wonder if he's awake…" Seohun thought to herself.

Who was she kidding, of course he was. The soft, yellow light emitting from the gap below his door was proof enough that he was up. Seohun warily took dainty steps to Kai's room with her hands fidgeting by her sides.

Soon, she was already standing before the white door. She was about to knock on the door when it suddenly flew opened.

Kai was standing there, as if he was expecting the other to come.

"Couldn't sleep?"

Seohun shook her head timidly and shuffled her feet nervously.

Neither of them said anything afterwards till brunette decided to open .

"How did you know I was outside?" She inquired as she looked to the ground.

"I saw your feet's shadows under the door." Kai answered and moved a step forward, closing the distance between them.

Seohun looked up and into Kai's eyes. They were all red and puffy. She slowly brought her hand up and dragged her fingers along his prominent cheekbone. It felt so tremendous to be able to touch him again. She brought her other hand up and did the same thing to his left cheek.

Kai closed his eyes and sighed at Seohun's touch. It'd be an obvious lie if he were to deny the fact that he'd been wanting her touch.

"Have you… been crying?"

Kai gave a ginger smile and fluttered his eyes open, but didn't acknowledge her question. Before she knew it, her husband was already encircling his arms around her waist and shoulders.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter