two eight.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon, everyone was already standing outside of Seohun's ward. By everyone, meaning Yifan, Kai's family - without his father - and Kai himself.

"Yifan, will your stepfather be coming?" Hyoyeon asked in concern.

"I didn't tell him. He doesn't need to be here." Yifan spat.

The tanned male who had kept quiet all this while, finally broke his silence.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled, staring at the floor. He didn't know what he was apologising for. He just felt like doing so. Because the apology wasn't supposed to be directed to anyone surrounding him, but to the one who's in the ward. The one who's being examined by the doctor.

Yifan sighed and sat beside the former. He laid his hand atop of Kai's shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. "It's not your fault, something like this was bound to happen."

Kai glanced up at him, confusion was written all over his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taemin asked for his brother.

Just as Yifan was about to explain, Zhoumi came out with an unreadable expression.

"You can come in."

One by one they entered, Seohun still had her eyes shut.

"Yifan, I need to talk to you-"

"It's fine. We're family." Yifan stated, not wanting to hide anything from Kai nor his family. They will find out about everything soon anyway.

"She missed taking her medication, again." Zhoumi concluded - it was the same thing that happened a month ago. The symptoms were exactly alike.

Yifan raised an eyebrow, as Kai watched the two continue with their conversation. He didn't want to in, knowing how important it seemed to be when they wore such serious expressions.

"She had missed them several times before. Why is it only this bad now?" Yifan inquired.

Zhoumi massaged his temples. "She didn't tell you, did she." he muttered rhetorically.

Zhoumi then retold everything - mentioning about that certain bacterium that was present. A virus that he still couldn't figure out.

"When did you find this out?" Yifan's head was spinning. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"A month ago."

Yifan gaped at his cousin in disbelief. "You knew, and you didn't tell me?" He averted all his attention back to his unconscious sister.

He fisted both his hands, nails digging into his palms hard enough to form tiny crescents. Even Kai stood frozen. All of them couldn't believe what they heard.

Hyoyeon was the first to speak.

"But, her life span.."

Their eyes were all focused on Zhoumi, afraid of the negative response they'd get from him.

The doctor his lips and let out a harsh breath. "Two months, and nothing more."

Next thing they knew, Kai had drove Yifan up the wall - literally. He had his fingers all curled up around the other's collar. Well, he could've done it to Zhoumi instead since he uncovered the information, but Yifan was nearer.

"Why didn't any of you tell me, why!?"

Yifan was too shocked to reply. He thought Kai had dropped all feelings for his sister, but he was wrong.

Taemin yanked his brother back, standing in between the two males. He had his palms resting on Kai's chest as he attempted to hold hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter