one zero ( ii )

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, the sun rays peeked through her windows and gently tickled her eyelashes opened - politely urging the sleeping form to wake up. Of course like any typical teenager, Seohun groaned and rolled over, rather unattractively, yawning while she hauled herself to the bathroom. She grunted in frustration when she realised she needed to pay a visit to the hospital in an hour's time - together with Xiumin.

She was all ready by the next three-quarter hour. And knowing that Yifan was still in bed relieved her. At least she didn't need to sneak out.

Ten minutes later, Xiumin arrived in his posh car. Every inch of his car screamed filthy rich. The tyres looked like they were changed every week, windows seemed as if they were frequently polished. And the car itself looked like it was recently bought!

Seohun hurriedly hopped on, not wanting Yifan to know of her disappearance.

"You were early." Xiumin said as he stepped on the accelerator.

Seohun replied with a shrug, "Yifan was still asleep, I didn't want him to find out."

The drive was a quick and silent one - each of them minding their own business. Of course, the atmosphere wasn't really that awkward since they were comfortable enough with peaceful surrounding. Even the visit there was fast. Zhoumi, Xiumin's brother, was capable enough to give a clean check up on Seohun in less than 15 minutes.

"Seohun-ah, you missed taking your pills on time by a few minutes didn't you?" Zhoumi inquired with a knowing look. The moment Seohun looked away while fiddling with her fingers artlessly, Zhoumi sighed and rubbed his temple. "Ok. I presume it was unintentional?" he didn't wait for her reply, going back to his report chart instead. "Well, what I'm about to tell you is very essential. If you don't heed all of these advices, it'll cost you your life - literally."

Seohun gulped. It has been two years since she heard such a sentence.

"And I supposed you've gone through such circumstances before while in China." Zhoumi hit the spot again. "Can you tell me the exact duration delayed?"

"An hour," she croaked. "More or less."

Her cousin slammed his head onto the table. He'd only do that when he wasn't being a professional doctor. Well, he was only one to his other patients. Never to his close relatives. "My God, Seohun." he voice muffled. "Your body has released this kind of virus. A bacterium."

"Wha- what?" Seohun stuttered, hoping that her ears were mistaken. "Bacterium you say?"

Zhoumi in a massive amount of oxygen before huffing them all out at one go. "Alright, listen. We - I - have never detected such a virus before. But, all I can tell you, is that if you were to miss taking the meds on time, for over 15 to 20 minutes, your life span will be shorten. I don't know until when your body will last, because this is a miracle that even I cannot fathom" he pinched the bridge of his nose before kneeling down in order to look directly into Seohun's eyes while the latter was sitting. He placed a hand on her knee, giving her a pleading look while he was at it. "Please. I beg you. Go for the operation."

Seohun opened to say something, but the older immediately cut her off. "No, no more excuses. Luhan's done, Xiumin's done, I'm done and so is Yifan. You can't keep depending on steroids! Your reason to not go for this is also invalid, you're still young, and you have your whole life ahead of -"

"I've survived for two year now, I can live longer-"

"No one can guarantee that. But if you go for surgery, there's an 80 percent chance you might be able to!" Zhoumi yelled in her face, before softening his gaze again. "Kai's not worth it anymore. He's no longer in your life."

"All the more reason I shouldn't go for this operation."

Zhoumi's eyes were full of anger.

He was there when Seohun got to know about her illness.

He was there when she broke down to tears.

Because he was the one who broke it to her.

"The tumour in your brain is growing each day. We're talking about cancer here. And you're not even going for any treatment. Don't you realise that you're dying?!"

Seohun flinched as Zhoumi suddenly threw his papers away at a fit of rage. He rested both his hands on the desk, taking in deep breaths as he attempted to calm down. The former got off her seat and dashed out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter