09.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t you think you should start training too?” Your dad woke you up at 8AM on a weekend just to complain on how Baekhyun has started working and you haven’t, “You really should. Start anytime you want this month.”

“Can I start by the end of this month? Like literally on the last day of this month?” You groaned. “No.”

“You said anytime I want!” You whined. “Starting tomorrow, you have 2 weeks to get to work here.”

“What?!” You shouted, “You can’t make me!”

“Don’t be so stubborn, Shin Minseul!”

“Look, Mr. Shin Dongsu.” You straightened yourself, “I have an offer to make.”

“Don’t you address me like that!” You father scolded you, “And stop acting as if we’re talking about business. What offer do you have?”

“We are talking about business actually, like how I have to work for your business and by the time I work there you’re going to tell me to call you CEO Shin or Mr. Shin or something, you won’t let me call you dad.” You defended yourself, “Wow, I could be a lawyer, maybe I should shift courses and take up law then work for a law firm.”

You could feel your dad face palming on the other line, “2 weeks, Minseul. If not, I’m going to drag you here.”

“Try me.” You said. “You know I can. I’m your dad.” He sighed, “I have other work to do. Take care of yourself and tell Minhyun that his grandfather misses him.”

“He doesn’t miss his grandfather though.” You mumbled. “Shin Minseul! How can you disrespect your father like that?!”

“Okay, bye, daddy. I’ll tell Minhyun you miss him. And oh, he misses you too so much. I love you, daddy. Tell mommy I miss her and give her kisses and hugs for me. I’ll come with a decision soon. Bye.” You hang up on him.

--

“Your dad’s making you work, huh?” You and Sunhee decided to meet up since she promised you some healing time because you’ve been stressed with school and you tried making time for Minhyun. Oh, and your husband who was also craving for your attention and the fact that your dad wanted you start working didn’t help at all, you needed time for yourself and relaxation.

“Yeah.” You answered as you took a sip of the bubble tea, “There’s too much going on in school though. There are a lot of reports to submit and there are a lot of upcoming tests.”

“Baekhyun doesn’t seem stressed.”

“He’s quite quick when it comes to school, he can do everything, no wonder he’s the top student and no wonder I can’t beat him. He is quite stressed though, with work and all.”

“Oh yeah, by the way, I saw your cousin the other day. I’ve got to admit, he’s really cute.” She squealed. “Break up with Kai and date him please.” You teased. “No way am I letting go of Jongin.”

“Jongin.” You sighed, “Hey, why not be a two-timer?”

“Minseul!” She hit your arm, “Why? Would you cheat on Baekhyun?”

“Kidding.” You rubbed your arm, “Cheat on him? I don’t know. I’ve never been in a situation where I fell in love with someone and such while I was in love with Baekhyun and of course, me and him being married, our situation is quite different.”

“Minseul?”

You turned around and saw JB standing there with Yugyeom and another friend. “Hey, guys. Where’s Jr.?”

“He didn’t feel like hanging out.” JB replied. “Who is this?” Sunhee joined in the conversation. “Oh right. This is JB, the one to be said who had a crush on me. This is Yugyeom, he’s a 97-liner though he is taller than Suho.” You laughed, “And this is- um, who is this?” You looked at an uncertain boy who was looking back at you. “Ah, the friend I was supposed to be with when I met you for the first time, Youngjae hyung.” Yugyeom replied. “Hello, I’m Youngjae.” He introduced himself. “Say it in English!” Yugyeom . “Hi, my name is Youngjae. How are you?” Youngjae started to speak English which caused both JB and Yugyeom to laugh. You chuckled and smiled at him, “You’re cute. By the way, I’m Minseul, Jr.’s cousin.”

“Ah, nice to meet you.” He bowed. “Oh and guys, this is one of my friends, Sunhee. She’s the one who I’m closest to after Jr.” You introduced your bestfriend. They all greeted her back and bowed.

--

Being quite scared of your dad, you decided to go to start work the next weekend after the phone call you had with him. Your alarm rang and you rolled around the bed before turning it off. You sat up in bed and looked to your left to see Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter