19.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy Birthday to my little nephew!” Jr. handed your son a gift. “You know he won’t be able to accept that?” You chuckled as you went over to him. “You never know, anything is possible.” He nodded, agreeing to what he, himself said. You took Minhyun from the nanny and waved his little arms at your cousin, “Say thank you to uncle Jinyoung for giving you a gift.”

“How about uncle JB?” JB came up to you two holding a gift in his hands as well. “Look, it’s uncle Jaebum.”

“Your mother’s first love.” JB teased as he told Minhyun. “Actually, it’s the other way around. I’m your first love.” You teased back, sticking your tongue out. “Can’t we just agree that you two did like at each other at some point when we were young?” Jr. laughed. “Guess we can deal with that.” You nodded. “Can I be your second love then?”

“Jackson.” JB sighed as he recognized his friend’s voice. “It should be me!”

“BamBam.” He sighed once again. “Hey, guys.” You smiled and waved at them with one hand then waved your sons little arms once again to greet the newly arrived visitors, “It’s uncle Jinyoung and uncle Jaebum’s friends. That’s uncle Yugyeom, uncle BamBam, uncle Jackson, and uncle Youngjae.”

“Uncle Mark too, you know?” Mark followed from behind them. “Oh, and your ever-so weird uncle Mark.”

“I’m not weird.”

“Yeah, I’ve got to agree. Jackson’s weirder.” You laughed. “Hey!”

“I’m kidding, Jackson.” You chuckled. “Happy Birthday, Minhyun.” Youngjae came over to you to greet your son and Yugyeom followed behind. “Thank you~” You tried to make a baby voice. “Oh, hey.” Baekhyun came over to you all and greeted Jr. with a high five.

“Baek, they’re Jr. and JB’s friends. I met them once or twice already, besides, they wanted to meet Minhyun so I invited them.”

“No big deal. Hi, I’m Baekhyun. Nice to meet you all.” Your husband gave them a smile and greeted each of them before turning to you, “My mom wants to take a picture with Minhyun.”

“Alright.” You let your husband carry your child, “Go take a picture with grandma, be sure to look handsome, okay?”

“Of course he will, he has good genes.” Baekhyun replied. “Yeah, from me.”

He rolled his eyes and chuckled, “I’ve influenced you too much already.”

“Good thing you know.”

He laughed and pinched your nose before returning back to his mother. You turned your attention back to the seven boys, “So, um, you guys can look around, the party will start soon. You can go to the garden since we’re having the party there.”

“Cool.” JB replied and dragged along everyone with him. “Minseul!” Suho and Xiumin came inside and hugged you, “Oppas! I missed you so much. How is working life?” You looked at them as you hugged back. “Hard but fun since I’m working now I can do anything I want.” Suho replied. “Like what he said, we’re free.” Xiumin added. “Too bad Kris and Lay couldn’t be here, huh?”

The two nodded in agreement. “Anyways, Baekhyun’s somewhere around the house with Minhyun, I guess. And most of your friends arrived already, Luhan’s there, Kai, Sehun, Tao, Chen, actually, I think everyone’s here except you guys.”

“But we’re not late. The party hasn’t started yet.” Xiumin chuckled. “True.”

“Alright, we’ll go see the birthday boy.” said Suho as he and Xiumin went to the living room, greeting the others.

--

“Why are you sitting alone here when the others are there?” You went over to Mark who was sitting alone by the swimming pool with his feet dipped in while the others were in the patio, talking. “The water’s nice.”

“Is it?”

He nodded and you removed your shoes, rolling up your pants before sitting beside him and dipping your feet into the pool. You kicked the water before speaking, “There’s still a lot of food there, if you’re still hungry you can get some. Or have some desserts.”

“I’ll have some later.” He smiled softly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter