22.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To: Baekhyun

Baek, I’ll be home late today. Don’t wait up for me if you’re too tired.

 

From: Baekhyun

Why? T_T I want to cuddle.

 

To: Baekhyun

I told Mark I could hang out with him after work today. You don’t mind, do you? It’s been awhile since I’ve been out late with a friend anyways.

 

From: Baekhyun

Fine. But you owe me a cuddle tomorrow night!

 

To: Baekhyun

Tch, childish hubby. Alright alright, promise.

 

From: Baekhyun

Yay! Have fun anyways. I love you. <3

 

 

Putting your phone in your bag after receiving the last message from Baekhyun, you stood up from your desk and turned off your office lights on the way out. Walking to Mark’s office, your thoughts wandered, “Minseul, you’re stupid for blurting out yes but you can’t back out now.”

“Hey. On the way to the office?”

Mark’s voice cut your thoughts and you saw standing in front of you, “W-Woah, you shocked me quite a bit. Uh, yeah.”

“I was on the way to your office too.” He chuckled softly, “Let’s go then.”

You nodded, following him to the elevator. Entering the elevator, he pressed the basement and you glanced, feeling awkward but it seemed like you were the only one feeling that way. The elevator made a ding sound as the doors opened, following him once again like a child, he opened his car door for you and you gave him a soft smile before hopping in.

--

“Uh, where are we going anyways?” You glanced at Mark who was driving. “You didn’t have dinner yet, did you?”

“Nope.”

He laughed softly, “You must be hungry then.”

“Are we going to get dinner then?” Your eyes sparkled brightly as you looked at him with the thought of food. “Obviously. It’s not a fancy restaurant though, okay?”

“I don’t think fancy restaurants are needed at times like this. Even Baekhyun and I don’t go on dates in fancy restaurants unless it’s a really special occasion. We go to the decent ones, like yeah that. You understand already, right? Too hard to explain.” You scratched your head in confusion. He laughed as you tried to explain, “Yeah, I understand.”

He stopped the car in front a small restaurant, you got off the car and he followed. He leaded the way inside and looked for a place to sit as you followed him, as usual.  As you two found a seat, a waiter gave you both a menu book. “What do you want?” He asked as he went through the menu book, “It’s my treat.”

“H-Huh? I can pay for my own.”

“My treat, okay?” He gave you a stare that made you agree with him. “A-Alright.” You nodded, “Stop staring at me like that.”

He chuckled as you looked away because of his stare, “Do you want a burger?”

“They have that on their menu?” You started flipping the menu book pages fast. “Yes, they do. Here.” He helped you find the page. “Woah, yummy.” You looked at each burger name, “It sounds so yummy already.”

“You’ll have a burger then?”

“I’ll see which burger I want.”

“Sure, take your time choosing.”

--

“I saw Youngjae at the park the other day.” You told him as you took a bite of your burger. “He told me that too.”

“Tch, the news already came to you.” You slightly pouted. “If you wanted to tell me first, you should have told me as soon as you returned to the office then.”

“I could but I’m- oh, nothing.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.” You shook your head and thought, “You almost told him you were avoiding him.”

“Does Baekhyun know you’re with me right now?”

“I texted him. He knows.”

“He’s fine with it?”

“It’s been awhile since I’ve been out late with a friend, he doesn’t seem to mind.”

“When I get married someday, I’ll need a wife like Baekhyun.”

“Stubborn?” You raised an eyebrow. “Understanding.” He chucked softly. “Why not marry Baekhyun instead? I’ll make him a girl for you.” You laughed. “If he was here, he would have probably hit you already.”

“I know, but too bad, he isn’t.”

“Maybe I should find a girl that’s like you or a bit like you.”

“Me?”

“Yeah.”

“Why me?”

“You know why.” He glanced at you as he took a sip of his drink. “Right.” You mumbled. “Mhm.” He hummed in response, “But I’m afraid I won’t find anyone like you or at least a bit like you.”

“Why?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter