11.

The Not-So Perfect Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mark, my favorite hyung!” BamBam greeted him as Mark came through the door. “Am I not your favorite hyung?” Jackson joined in. BamBam gave him a small smile, “You two are.”

Mark walked into the living room, seeing JB, Yugyeom, and Youngjae there, “So where is the owner of this house?”

“Getting some food.” JB replied. “No one’s helping him?” He asked. “No one bothers too.” Yugyeom replied while he watching TV. “Here’s some chips and other snacks.” Jr. came and threw bags of chips at them while he placed some drinks, a bowl of popcorn, and a few other snacks on the coffee table. “Goal!” Jackson threw a popcorn inside Youngjae’s mouth and threw another one into Yugyeom’s, “Double goal!”

They laughed at Jackson while Mark’s attention was on Jr., “Hey, Jr.”

“Hey, how’s my cousin?” He asked. “Doing great, most probably stressed with work. She asked me if I met up with you and I told her I did, a few nights ago. We had a breakfast meeting with our dads today.”

“Business talks.” Jr. sighed, “I hate those things.”

Mark chuckled and took a can of soda as he sat on the couch with Jr., “Your cousin’s really adorable.”

“She isn’t, isn’t she?” JB joined in the conversation, “Too bad she was already arranged to be married. As much as I liked her, I couldn’t make a move on her, even if we could end up getting together, she’ll leave me and marry him no matter what.”

“She was set up with her husband?”

“Mhm.” Jr. nodded, “I told you that she was married to Byun Baekhyun, the one and only son of the second biggest companies here in Korea. Minseul’s company was the first. Their parents, instead of being rivals, they were great friends, they made their one and only children get married.”

“But they have a child too, right?” Mark asked another question. “She told me this story. Baekhyun has liked her since middle school. They were never really close, they did talk a bit and maybe greet each other and at parties, they would stick together since their parents would force them too. They got married, Baekhyun was happy, according to her. You got married to your long-time crush, who wouldn’t be happy? It was one-sided at first though. They teased and argued a lot but they never hated each other. Eventually, she also fell for him and I guess that’s just being lucky, they got married because of their parents but they end up being a real couple with feelings for each other.” Jr. told him the whole story, “And now, they have a child.”

“I met Minseul noona’s son, he’s so cute.” Yugyeom spoke up. “I haven’t met her son or her husband yet. But sometimes, when she comes to my office or I go over to hers, he calls her and she puts it on speaker, she lets me hear their conversation and how playful they are to each other.” Mark replied, “She also said it’s good thing that he hasn’t said anything embarrassing yet.”

“So, who here has met Jr.’s cousin aside from me and BamBam?” Jackson asked. Everyone else raised their hands. “Hyung!” BamBam whined, “Introduce us to your cousin!”

“Why? It’s not like she’s single.” Jr. replied. “We want to meet her too even if she’s not single. She sounds interesting.” Jackson said. “Here, look at her.” Mark passed his phone to Jackson, “That was taken this morning, during the breakfast meeting while we were waiting for our dads.”

“You two took a picture together while you were waiting for your fathers? Wow.” Youngjae spoke up. “She’s pretty. Jr., your cousin is pretty! Introduce her to us!” Jackson told him. “She’s not single and she has a child~” Jr. sang. “Who cares, I want to meet this pretty noona.” BamBam replied. “We thought out dads would be there earlier so we looked for them around the restaurant, turns out that they were the ones late.” Mark replied to Youngjae and laughed. “Are you interested in my cousin?” Jr. raised an eyebrow as he turned to Mark. “I don’t think so.” He replied. “You don’t think so. That means there is a possibility.” JB replied. “I know she’s married and she has a child, so it’s not right to like her, right?”

“It’s alright to like her, but it’s not right to make a move on her.” Yugyeom explained. “How old are you and how much do you know about lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter